Wyvern High Academy for the Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alia nodded, following Risa with a slight buzz of excitement. "That sounds nice. You know the way already? Cool." she said, following beside Risa.

Risa grinned before turning around to look at her roommate, now walking backwards.

"I passed it on the way here." She nodded. "So, I was thinking about hitting up an appliance store and a fabric store to fashion some canopy's for the beds." She finally shared her master plan. "That way there's at least some form of privacy, right?"

Alia nodded. "Makes sense..Though, don't worry about making one for me. I have different ways of sleeping." She shrugged, smiling slightly.

"Well Bliss, it's nice meeting you. As for my powers, I can manipulate and grow fire. I can also make magnetic fields and barriers of energy." Nicholas said, and smirtked as a cocoon of swirly purple and green quickly formed around them. "Too bad they're see through. would be a perfect makeout shelter otherwise." He said jokingly as the barriers disappered. "But enough about that. what tricks can you do?" Curiosity was painted on his face, even though he just wanted to get some easy entertainment.

Blake watched Alex. "I see." She nodded. "I had some trouble controlling myself before but my father kept making me practice until I got it right." She stopped for a moment. "but that doesn't really matter, the important thing is that I learned how to control it." She smiled a little bit to him.

Alex nodded, smiling back at her a little. "Y-you know..you're a really nice guy.." he looked down at the necklace. "Most guys I've met are just...rude." he shifted, trying to put the necklace back on, but struggling a little with the knot.

"Oh uh, Yeah thanks." She said, after the comment she felt that maybe she wasn't doing so well at being a guy. "I guess it's just upbringing, you know." There was a lot of reasons that things were strange in Blake life just because of her parents. "Do you need any help with that?' She then asked.

Remi continued to draw something in her notebook. No one else could see any of it but there was something appearing on the paper. She didn't seem to be paying attention to what the teacher was saying. She soaked the words in though, yet she was probably not going to be able to use the spells the teacher was telling them.

Alex's face turned a light shade of pink after he heard Blake ask if he needed help. "P-please?" he asked, a little nervous about letting someone help him, but Blake seemed nice, and he felt comfortable around her. He's a really nice guy..I guess dad was right..people can be nice..

She nodded and when over to help. She took it from his hands and placed it around his neck. She tied the knot and then let it fall to his body. She walked back over to her seat and sat back down. She smiled a little more. "There you go."

Alex was still blushing. "Th-thanks..." he felt the cool crystal over his rapidly beating heart. "Umm..so...wh-what should we do now?" he asked quietly, smiling shyly as he looked at her.

Bliss puffed out her chest proudly as everything below her torso turned into smoke. "I'm a genie!" She said in what she thought was a genie-ish voice. Then she laughed, "Just kidding. I can turn my body into smoke and manipulate to do my bidding and what not. I can also suffocate people and possibly cause lung cancer...But I won't of course." She said quickly.

"Oh uh, I don't know really. Is there anything you want to do?" Blake asked Alex. She looked back done at her food that she didn't realize she had finished now. It didn't seem that bad talking to him, she thought that that was a good sign. After all they had to live together but it seemed she was forgetting how to act.

Alex shrugged. "I don't know.." he took his last bite and leaned back, looking at the ceiling, and thinking while he chewed. He wasn't sure what had gotten into him, but he felt a little more relaxed...more like himself. He set his hands in his lap, crossing his legs and just staring at the ceiling in thought.

"Hmm.." Nicholas looked thoughtful for a second, and conjured a sphere of energy. It had roughly the shape of a classical genie lamp. "Too bad you aren't an actual genie, I could'ave use those three wishes." He said, with a slight smile on his face. "The barriers are mostly gas-proof, so you'd better behave yourself around me." A teasing smile spread across Nicholas' face as he motioned down the hallway. "I think the dorms are this way."

Blake watched Alex for a moment then turned away to follow other people. She glanced only a few seconds at groups of people. It seemed people were already making friends and finding their place in this school. She didn't expect to have a place, in fact, she was told not to worry about the whole 'friend' thing, but what was happening now. She had to become at least a friend to her roommate, right? She made a sigh thinking about it. "Let's go outside." She then said wanting now all of a sudden to get away from all the people.

Alex stood. "Okay...that sounds good." he said in his usual quiet voice, smiling slightly. "Do you know the way?" he had kinda lost the path outside when they walked in this room.

Blake nodded. "Yeah, I remember it." She said to him and got up. She grabbed her plate and went to where the dirty plates are suppose to go. She took Alex's as well. She then began to walk out of the cafeteria. "It's this way."

"Thanks.." Alex said as she took his plate. Alex followed her out, looking around curiously. He crossed his arms, his eyes once more lowering to the ground. He didn't like the sudden addition of people. Sticking close to Blake, almost touching her, he followed.

Blake could feel Alex close but it seemed she was more bothered by the other people just like him more than Alex himself. She made her way through the crowd until they were out of the cafeteria. There were not as many people when they got out. She made her way down a few hallways. "I think there's a door over there. I noticed a lot of ways to get outside." She said.

Kira Ellis

Kira waited patiently for her turn to be evaluated. The blonde crossed her legs and leaned back in her seat, her brows furrowing as she wondered about the upcoming test. I wonder what it'll be. A series of questions, perhaps? I wouldn't do too badly if that were the case. She blew a stray wisp of hair away from her face and stood up as her name was called. Taking a deep breath, she walked into the room, equal parts excited and nervous. Surprised, her eyebrows rose up a fraction as she looked around for an examiner.

"Defend yourself." A monotonous voice called out from the intercom.

"Defend myself? From wha-" Her sentence was cut short a fireball hurtled past her, nearly singeing off her hair. Letting out a startled shriek she barely managed to dodge the next one as it whooshed past. What the heck is this? They're trying to barbecue me! I'm sure there's a law against that somewhere. She ran around wildly, miraculously managing to dodge the fireballs and the occasional bolts of lightning. Stop it Kira, you're running about like a headless chicken. Its not attractive in the slightest. Her snarky inner voice chastised her. Finally, she had enough sense to look around and noticed that people were hurling fireballs and lightning bolts at her. They weren't just materializing out of nothing. This realization though, did not serve to reassure her. She wasted a precious second glaring at them and didn't dodge the bolt that hit the ground at her feet. With a yelp, she jumped away, her feet stinging painfully.

"Ow!" She cried out and looked down at her poor feet. They'd turned red and the shoes were badly singed. Blue eyes narrowed, she charged at the nearest man and kicked her pointy stiletto heel into his groin with as much force as she could muster. A satisfied smirk touched her lips as the man fell over with a painful grunt. A sudden gust of wind slammed her into the nearest wall, ruining her moment of victory. Her head knocked into it with a painful bump, making her eyes water. Angry, she turned to glare at the remaining assailants and clenched her fists. A burst of invisible blades scattered into the room, sinking into the men like thin spikes. A cacophony of screams echoed throughout the room. "Miss Ellis, cease that at once. You pass." Kira became gradually aware of the message being repeated over the intercom and closed her eyes. Exhaling softly she walked out as the screams died down, not looking back.

"Room 109. Where is that?" She mumbled to herself as she walked down the hallway, looking for her assigned room. The lady at the desk had given her some papers to fill and sent her off with an ID card and an information booklet. "Ah. Here we are." Arriving at room 109, she stepped inside and looked around. The room was decent, with a large window and two beds. She was used to more opulence but decided this would have to do. Setting her sights on the bed nearer to the window, she sat down on it to wait for her roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.