Wyvern High Academy for the Gifted

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Risa blinked at the girl who introduced her self as Kira before a small smirk of an actual smile twitched over her lips.

"Thanks, I brush 'em three times a day." she quipped right back at the other girl before letting the irritation slide out and away. She'd deal with the barrier later. She had a whole freakin' year to beat at the newfound obstacle. "I'm Risa, this is my roommate Alia." She introduced , tilting her head at the blonde when she mentioned the other girl. "So, class is over already?" She asked as she finally got around to dusting the dirt off of herself.

Aria crossed her arms, letting Risa do the introductions. As Risa asked the question, Aria turned back to the barrier, tucking her blonde hair back behind her ear. She walked close to the barrier and set her hand on it. She could almost feel the faint buzzing it made. She put her other hand on it and felt a slight resistance, yet she could still push her hands against it. She stepped forwards, putting her toes against it. The resistance strengthened, but Aria could still push against it. With a deep breath, she leaned on the barrier, pressing against it with all her weight. She felt the push and started to fall, but caught herself, instead only on her knee now. "Huh." she muttered, standing. She shrugged and turned back to the group. "That didn't work." she said, an obvious statement, but her tone was thoughtful, analyzing.

Kira laughed lightly at Risa's reply, returning the girl's smile with one of her own. The blonde, Alia, crossed her arms, her posture defensive as she was introduced. Without even a word or a glance she turned her back on them and busied herself with the barrier. Well. Some people have no manners. I guess there are lots of different kinds of people. Kira couldn't help but think of Bliss with her warm and cheerful acceptance, comparing it with Alia's frosty demeanor. If Bliss was a hot cup of cocoa, one with lots of marshmallows, on a cold day, Alia was the blizzard raging outside.

"I don't think so. I finished my evaluation barely an hour ago." A slight wince covered her features as her thoughts turned to the evaluation. "What was it like for you guys? I got nearly barbecued. And got knocked into a wall." From the corner of her eye, she noticed Alia drop down onto one knee after ineffectively pushing against the barrier and announce the obvious. Brilliant deduction, Mr. Holmes. What's their deal with the barrier anyway? They've been here for a day and now they're trying to breakout?

"I did kick someone in the groin though. With a pointy stiletto heel." She grinned, continuing her conversation.

Aria nodded. "They just sent a bunch of people with weapons at me." she flicked her wrist, sending her shadow around Kira, letting it brush around her ankles before sending it back to it's place. "They got what they needed. Glad to see you where accepted." she looked at Risa, realizing she never asked how Risa's test went. She then looked at Bliss, the girl who seemed too bouncy for her own good. Looking at Kira, it made Aria think of her sister. The neutral type. I wonder what ticks her off... Aria found herself thinking. That was her habit. Find what ticks people off in case they get on her bad side.

Bliss shook off her earlier feelings of having to prove herself and 'take the lead'. Her mom wasn't hear to see her after all, and she could do whatever she wanted. She grinned at Kira when she spoke of her assessment, she couldn't really imagine the girl kicking someone in the privates, because she seemed so sweet. But then again she didn't really know her that well. "My assessment didn't last very long, I got a knife and fire ball thrown at me, but then I smoke out." She laughed, then realizing that they probably didn't know what she was talking about. "I can turn into smoke!" She said cheerfully, "What are you guys' powers?" She asked, turning to Kira partially.

Blake surveyed the outside. "let's walk around a bit." She said and began to move again. She stayed close to Alex, it seemed she didn't want to leave Blakes side. Blake didn't know if that was good or bad at the moment. It could end up giving away her identity. She noticed a group of girls in the distance, not sure if she really wanted to run into them and have a conversation with more people. It would seem that she would be the only 'guy' there if they did. She would have to keep up the act as best as she could.

Alex walked along next to Blake, looking around with a smile, calm, relaxed...just like a girl. He noticed the girls and looked around slightly. He noticed Blake noticed the girls too, and decided to speak. "Do we want to approach them or not?" he asked, looking curiously at Blake, his expression almost childlike.

Risa was liking this Kira girl. A laugh spilled out of her lips as she listened to the other three tell about their assessments. However, a prinprickle of unease shifted up her spine. Her hand went and held the spot she'd sliced open earlier for the same trial. She kept a smile on her face however as Bliss shared her story.
"It sounds like Kira and I may have had the same group of assailants, I kicked someone in the jewels to...then got thrown into a wall." She paused and her smile turned into a devious smirk. "Then they had a date with the floor and I was dismissed." She chirped. She didn't answer Bliss's question about her powers, she didn't usually tell anyone about them unless she had to. "How does the smoking out thing work?" she fired off one of her own instead. "Does it feel weird?"

Aria was happy to answer Bliss's question. "I control the shadows." she smiled. "Or, if the object is inanimate, I can burn it." her smile widened. When Risa asked about Bliss's shadow powers, she nodded. "Yeah...I agree. How does it work?" she asked curiously, not trying to mimic Risa, but truly curious on how such a power could work. Maybe it's like a shape-shifter.. she thought silently to herself.

Blake paused and looked at Alex. "I don't know, do you want to?" She asked. Blake wasn't really the one to go up and talk to people but if Alex wanted to then she would. It couldn't hurt to talk to some people for a few moments, it's not like it meant anything. "I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet some people here, we have to live at the school after all." She finished.

Alex hesitated, and the hesitation was a lot more obvious than he had hoped it was. "I guess we could...since we will all be living here...they look kinda scary though." he said, looking over them. "Especially her..." he pointed at the blonde haired girl. He could sense something dark and it seemed to come from her. He shifted, tucking his necklace in his shirt and moving slightly closer to Blake all in the same movement. "I guess we sh-should...better to get it over with...right?"

Bliss smiled happily when they asked about her powers. She held out her hand and let her finger tips, smoke out a bit, before pulling the smoke back. "It's like I just relax myself and it just happens. It did feel weird at first though, cause I have a bit of a problem." She laughed nervously, "You know staying still. And some times I would get carried away and that usually ended with my smoke knocking people out...It was a complete accident though!" She said.

Blake didn't feel used to Alex getting so close to her yet, it made her tense up but she kept just trying to shake the feeling off. "Just a short conversation I guess, I don't want it to be long." She replied trying to reassure Alex in the process. She began to walk towards the group of girls. They seemed to be talking about their powers, one specifically looked like something having to do with smoke.

Alex walked next to Blake, his arms crossed. He looked like a shy little girl..it was kinda scary how convincing it was.

Aria looked up at the approaching. "Mooore people? Dang.."

Nicholas had been sitting for 10 minutes, when he began loosing concentration. A fork that often caused him some trouble flew towards to wall. Instead it his barrier, almost stopping in completely. While breathing out slowly, the different objects returned to their bags. "Whew, tough day." He muttered to himself and rose from his bed.

Nicholas walked over to the window and looked outside, looked at the people walking around the school grounds. Nicholas had always like watching people go about their life, he liked to make up stories about each individual. It was his way of making his own life bearable, creating theories on how others lived their life. A soft sight came from his lips, followed by Nicholas' voice. "Wait, isn't that Bliss out there?.." He said to himself, and tried to focus on the group of girls in the distance. It sure was his only acquaintance at th school.

A long energy barrier slide formed just outside one of the dorm rooms, 113 to be exact, and Nicholas crawled out and onto it. A genuine smile formed on his lips as he moved down his creation. As his feet hit the ground, he began running and almost fell on his face. Shortly after he was close to his goal. "Hey Bliss." Nicholas said, short of breath. "I saw you and thought. *deep breath* That I'd come by and say hi." He was bend slightly forward and had his hands planted firmly on his knees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bliss turned on the balls of her feet to face the new person, but then saw that it was the guy from before...Nickles! No wait-- Nicholas! "Hey!" She said cheerfully, then leaned forward, concerned. "Are you okay?" She asked, commenting on his being out of breath. She grinned widely, and wiggled her eye brows at him. "Did I...Take your breath away?" She asked jokingly.

Blue eyes narrowed at Alia as a shadow darted forward, brushing against Kira's ankles and retreated. A small smirk formed on her lips as she realized that Alia was trying to scare her, or unsettle her at the very least. "Nice trick. Can it play fetch?" You'll have to try harder than that if you want to scare me though. I suppose you get points for effort.

A girl and a boy came into view, standing very close to each other. Oh? Already? They stopped a distance away, hesitating to come closer. Shifting her body slightly to keep the newcomers in view, she listened to the group of girls. It seemed like she and Risa had indeed run into the same group of 'examiners' and both girls had reacted much the same way. Kira shot the girl a quick smile, finding herself liking Pinky. She wanted to approach her and, what was it again? A high five, yes one of those. But the moment had passed.

Kira watched Bliss' fingers turn to smoke, her curious expression flickering into alarm as the girl went on about her problem of accidently smoking people out. Oh dear. I really hope she can control it better now. Kira had no desires whatsoever to suffocate to death in her sleep. Asphyxiation wasn't her cup of tea, thank you very much. Her expression of alarm lasted barely a second before smoothing out into a pleasant, if neutral expression.

"Hi." With a small smile on her face, she called out to the couple. Saved by these two. Who'd have thought? Kira didn't feel comfortable discussing her powers with all these people, she barely even knew them. On a closer inspection, there appeared to be something off about the two, other than the way one was clinging to the other, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

A boy ran up to them and greeted Bliss, out of breath and panting. Smirking at Bliss' reply she tucked an errant strand of silvery hair back into place.

Blake felt strange appearing with Alex wrapped around her arm, though she thought that perhaps she would seem more of a guy if there was a girl with her. Before she could say anything to the remark she had heard from Alia about having more people come she noticed another guy come from no where. It was like a party outside in the school yard or something, maybe Blake shouldn't have brought herself and Alex here. She brushed the thoughts off as hearing someone say hi. "Hey." Blake said in a monotone voice.

Remi put her book away as she heard the bell ring for class. She grabbed her bag and stood up walking out of the classroom. She made her way down the hallway, passing a few students who she smiled and waved to as they went by. "What to do now?" She asked herself. She seemed to have a habit of talking even when no one was there to listen to her.

Alex waved meekly, practically hiding behind Blake. "H-hi.." he said nervously, almost trembling in his shoes. When Nicholas appeared out of nowhere, Alex squeaked, hiding behind Blake before peeking his head out, his face now dusted a light red.

Aria smirked. "I'm Aria.." she walked over to the boy's side to see the little girl hiding behind him. "Is she causing you a problem?" Aria asked, looking directly at Alex. Her pointed teeth were exposed in her smile, red eyes focused on the trembling child.

Alex backed away slightly, but stayed behind Blake. "B-blak-ke..sh..she...s.." he couldn't even form all his words, his shyness and fear getting in the way of speaking.

After letting Bliss finish, Nicholas poked her stomach and stood up straight. "Aren't you the concerning gal, eh. Don't you worry, I'm fine." A smile formed on his face as he looked over at the scared girl. "Hey, no reason to be scared. I very rarely hurt people who aren't charging at me." He said calmly, and looked back at Bliss. "And yeah, you take my breath away. Especially after running all the way from the dorm." Nicholas laughed slightly, and looked curiously in her eyes. "What is it with you, anyways? Are you always this cheerful, or is it only for special occasions?"

Status
Not open for further replies.