Wyvern High Academy for the Gifted

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bliss laughed and fanned her hand out dramatically, "Oh you!" She said sarcastically, and hefted her bag straps onto her shoulder. "Awesome, looking forward to getting settled and putting up all of my posters!" She squealed, "I guess I'll see you around them, Nickles!" She said before dashing off in the direction that he pointed to. She cringed a bit when she realized that she had just called him Nickles, as she had the tendency to give people nicknames, something that he mother had warned her to stop doing before she got slapped into tomorrow.

She slid to a halt in front of her room, 'Room 109' and found her roommie already inside. "Hellooo, Roommie!" She cried happily, dumping her bags on the floor and spreading her arms wide for a hug.

As the girl disappeared from view, Nicholas stopped smiling. His expressions quickly faded from view, and was replaced with a cold gaze ahead of him. "Nickles, eh..." He muttered and walked towards the dorms as well.

"Room 113, my new home." The room Nicholas found himself in was mostly empty, just the way he hoped it would be. A window let Nicholas observe the people walking around outside. "How many of these are here for the same reasons as me..." He said out loud. "How many can go back to their 'normal' lives after they're done." sighing, Nicholas lay down on one of the beds and pulled a metal disc from his pouch. "Fly." He ordered the object in his hand, and slowly moved his other hand upwards. The disc levitated slightly above his palm, moving up and down as if it was floating on water.

Barriers formed around Nicholas, and more pieces of metal moved out of his pouch. A few moments later he had a ring of coins, tea spoons and other small metal objects. His eyes were closed tightly, his mouth but a thin line. It took all of his concentration to keep both the barriers and his magnetic field in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kira Ellis

The door flew open and slammed against the wall with a loud bang, making Kira jump in surprise. A girl flounced in and dropped her bags on the floor, calling out cheerfully. She stood with her arms held out expectantly, a huge grin on her face. Why is she smiling at me like that? What's up with her arms? Is she- No. She can't possibly be expecting me to hug her? We only just met, after all. It hasn't even been a minute yet, I think. Unsure what to do, Kira stood up and walked over to the girl slowly. Her icy blue eyes looked the girl over, blinking in surprise as she noticed the color of the girl's eyes. An extraordinary color, they were a beautiful purple. Such lovely eyes. Surely she can't be crazy. But then again there's no law dictating that crazy people couldn't have pretty eyes.

Returning the girl's enthusiastic grin with a tentative smile of her own she stepped closer and hugged her, bracing herself for whatever was about to happen. Dear God, please don't let her turn out to be a complete psychopath. I cannot sleep in the same room as one. I think I'd be allergic.

"Hi. I'm Kira. What's your name?" She stood back and offered another smile. "I've already taken the bed by the window. I hope you don't mind."

Alex nodded. "Ok-kay....th-there might be one around that corner." He pointed ahead, then returned out of sight as a large man who looked punky came down the hall. He ignored Blake, but smirked at Alex, who took a step away. He held his arms closer and tucked his head in.

Bliss didn't think she could grin any wider. She had a feeling that she had just gotten the best roommate ever! She was actually the first girl to actually return her hugs! Most girls or guys would stare at her like she was insane or call her a freak. "Nice to meet you, Kira! I'm Bliss and no I totally don't mind, sleeping by the windows makes me uh...Wander, if you could call it that." She said, with a chuckle. The last time she had slept near a window, she had woken up to find half of her body in smoke form and starting to disperse. It had been a horrible experience. She could control herself a bit now, but still, she didn't want to risk it.

Bliss' eyes roamed over her roommate, apparently she had cute competition! She thought to herself jokingly. "You're beautiful." She said, and cringed. "Sorry! Is that creepy? I'm not hitting on you! I meant that you're really pretty!" She spluttered.

Blake noticed the guy, yet for a first she didn't care. Though the reaction Alex made when he looked at him made Blake feel upset. She looked at the man. "What are you staring at?" She then said. to the guy. "Don't get any ideas and leave her alone." Blake might have not liked talking to people but she did have the courage to protect people, she didn't want anyone to feel bad, she's dealt with that herself too much.

Kira stared at her roommate, slightly alarmed as the girl's grin got even wider. She feared Bliss' face would crack. "Bliss. That's a lovely name. It suits you." It wasn't just politeness or empty compliments, Kira truly thought that the name suited her. She seemed like a happy-go-lucky girl, maybe a bit too cheerful, but it would be lots better than a grumpy roomie. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she moved to help Bliss with her bags. Kira was thankful the girl had accepted the sleeping arrangement without any fuss at all.

Feeling a bit self-conscious as her roomie looked her over, Kira looked down at her singed shoes and winced. Oh that's right, I'm not looking my best right now. What if she thinks I'm a slob? She shuddered at the horrifying thought. As someone who was meticulous about her appearance, being labeled a slob was indeed one of the worst insults. Kira's usually perfect hair was in disarray and her clothes were singed, her shoes were a lost cause entirely. In her mind, this equaled slob. She opened her mouth to explain but snapped it shut, surprise coloring her face at the girl's sudden (and quite loud) compliment. It wasn't what she'd been expecting at all.

"Thankyou." She said softly as a small smile tugged at her lips. At Bliss' hurried and rather flustered explanation, Kira couldn't help but laugh. Determined to put the flustered girl at ease, she touched her arm and smiled. "Hey, stop worrying so much. It wasn't creepy at all. I thought it was nice of you." She set Bliss' bag on her bed and pulled up a chair next to it, seating herself and pulling her shoes off. The redness seemed to be fading and the stinging had reduced to just a tingle. Kira breathed a sigh of relief.

"You've had your turn to say 'creepy' stuff. I think it's mine now, it's only fair after all." She turned to smile at Bliss. "Is that your real eye color?" She asked, a serious expression on her face. "Now, I require absolute honestly. This is a very important matter." Kira intoned gravely, mentally patting herself on the back for being able to keep a straight face.

Risa shrugged in answer to the other girl. She remembered the sort of disappearing act the girl had pulled not long ago. As they approached the border of the campus, Risa began to skip. However, as she went to leap over the line, a force knocked her back and onto her ass, making the pink haired girl bounce lightly as the breath was knocked out of her lungs.

"The Hell?" She yelped.

Bliss blinked and then smiled fondly. Yeah they were totally going to get along. If she had had friends when she was younger, she most likely would have wanted them to be like Kira. Or maybe she was getting ahead of herself? She had just met her after all. She dimissed the doubts from her head, deciding to dwell on them at a later date.

Kira's sudden change in attitude surprised her. Her eye color? Why would that be so important? She chalked it up to some people having their own things they considered sacred. Maybe Kira had a thing about eyes. "Yes, it is." She answered with a smile. She had tried contacts once, but found that they were extremely uncomfortable and it always looked as though she was crying, because they made her eyes water constantly. "May I ask why?" She asked.

Kira dropped her mock serious demeanor and smirked playfully. "It's beautiful. I've never seen anyone with such a unique shade of eye color." Granted, she hadn't met too many people in her short life but Kira didn't think this was an important enough point. Slipping her feet into a new pair of shoes she'd pulled out, she stood up and walked towards the door. She was curious to see the other students, the one's she'd be stuck with for the duration of her stay at Wyvern High.

"Wanna go meet some of the other students?" She looked over her shoulder at Bliss. At the girl's nod, Kira strode out with Bliss following closely at her heels. The hallways seemed to be mostly empty. Where is everyone? She wondered as she walked about aimlessly, trying to look like she knew where she was leading them. The campus grounds seemed as a good a place as any and she headed outside, smiling as the warm sunlight touched her face. A loud smack echoed in the distance, the sound of something running into an obstacle, was followed by a yelp which drew her attention. Kira raised her eyebrows in surprise, stifling a smirk as a girl bounced back from an invisible barrier and landed, quite ungracefully, on her butt. While it was amusing to watch, she highly doubted the pink haired girl found it so.

"Do you suppose we should offer assistance?" she asked Bliss as the two of them approached the pink haired girl and her companion. She didn't appear to be hurt, not really. The only thing wounded would seem to be her pride.

Alia frowned. "A barrier? Really? Stupid schools.." She wrapped the silver chain around her hand and closed her eyes. Her hands caught on fire and she reached forwards, throwing her hands against the barrier. Ice covered her hands and Alia's eyes widened in fear. When her hands left the barrier, both the fire and ice disappeared. "Huh...okay then.." she offered Risa her returned-to-normal hand. "Let me help you.." she mumbled, watching the wall.

The man started to say something, but decided not to, glaring at Blake as he walked away. Alex whimpered and broke the touch barrier, hugging Blake's arm like a terrified child. "H-he wa..was sc-cary.." Alex said quietly, closing his eyes tight. He was trembling and his heart was racing. He saw me as a girl...good...bad...good...bad... Alex frowned, whimpering again.

Bliss' mouth formed an 'O' of surprise when the girl fell backwards. "Maybe her own powers are backfiring on her?" She said worriedly. That had happened to her before. Well not bouncing off of an invisible wall, but powers backfiring. She stepped forward hesitantly, glancing back at Kira to see if she was coming. She briefly heard her mother's voice reprimanding her for even wondering. Bliss! You have to stop being such a follower and become a leader girl! She took a few more bigger steps forward and called out, "Are you okay?"

Aria's attention snapped from the wall to the approaching voice. She looked over the newcomer a moment before sighing. "I believe she is." She pulled Risa to her feet and waved slightly at Bliss. "Hi." her tone was slightly cold, but she was smiling. "You are?"

Blake tensed with the sudden grab of her arm. Contact? Now a situation Blake didn't know what to do about. She was frozen for a moment while the man left but she managed to breath a bit to calm herself down. She looked back at Alex. "If he bothers you again sometime just let me know." The words just seemed to come out of her mouth, why she didn't know.

Alex nodded slightly, still trembling, but his heart-rate slowed to normal and he let go. "C-can we g-go outs-side now..?" He said, keeping his head down. His glasses slid down his nose a little and his crystal was bright with the intense emotion it received from Alex. He wanted to be as far away from these people as possible.

Risa let out a growl at the barrier, she was just too mad for words. She'd never, never not been able to sneak out of anywhere. Her eyes narrowed. Fine then, challenge accepted.

"Your hands okay?" She asked quietley, she'd noticed the ice when Alia had thrown her hands at the barrier, as she let the blonde pull her to her feet. Risa turned to face the oncoming voice and flashed a big grin, more a bearing of her teeth really. She was still mad, she wouldn't take it out on their guests, however. Afterall, they didn't put the damn barrier up. "Yea, I'm fine, thanks for the concern." She called back to them with a half wave. She didn't even have enough energy to be embarrassed with the amount of sheer will power she was using keep back her irritation. Then she let herself go quiet as she waited for the newcomers to answer her roomates question.

Alia nodded. "Yeah...they're fine." she looked back at her hands. She hated ice..no, she loathed ice. Ice and Alia are like Peace and War, they cannot exist in the same place without consequences. "That's strong magic."

Blake nodded and made her way to the door they found to go outside. Alex wasn't the only person who needed to get away from the other people. She pushed it open and walked outside as quickly as possible. She held the door open for a few moments to let Alex pass through, then closed the door behind them. She breathed in, happy to be away from the crowds of people. "That's better." She whispered softly.

Alex sighed softly once they where outside. The noise faded from his ears and the cool breeze swept by him. He smiled slightly. "It's pretty.." he said, taking a step forwards, but not any further. He wasn't going to leave Blake's side, it seemed.

Stopping a short distance behind Bliss, Kira watched as her roommate stepped forward to help Pinky. The other girl, the tall blonde one with the strange crimson eyes shot them a suspicious glance while helping her companion up. With a smile so fake it could be plastic, she asked them who they were, her tone cold enough to freeze. Sweetie, you're a hundred years too early to be faking smiles. Kira couldn't help a slight smirk. She'd know, since she'd been faking her expressions for years.

"I'm Kira and this is Bliss. " She stepped forward to answer them and stood next to Bliss. Raising an eyebrow she waited expectantly for them to introduce themselves. Kira bit back a smile as she heard Pinky growl at the barrier. She seemed put out. Then again, Kira supposed it was only natural to feel that way after being slammed backwards into the ground.

"Nice teeth." She quipped before she could think better of it as the girl bared her teeth in a parody of a grin. Offending the girl hadn't been her intention and she waited to see her reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.