Wolf's Pride

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ash howled a great deep howl. Meant to intimidate. "I may be the leader, but it is up to the pack. You shall wait here till the rest come back with food. You are my guest, and no harm shall become of you while you stay. But you are to stay outside."

Ash went back inside the den. He gave Kira a warm smile. Then gave her a kiss. "Mako, stand guard. You have done well thus far." He gave a slight bow. One of respect.

Mako lifted his eyes to Ash as he entered, with a small nod he slowly made his way to the mouth of the cave. Sitting himself down he sat up straight, proud even. He was an imposing figure, strong built, a true fighter.

She watched with grim eyes as he howled. Maybe she should have stressed further her discomfort for being in crowds. She huffed, but nodded. "I appreciate that." Yet she felt tense now, edgy. It was never her best idea to be part of a pack, since it worked so well for her previously... but she figured crowds could easily be avoided by hunting alone, sleeping alone. She wouldn't be much a bother to anyone, if anything, she'd be an asset. A warrior, hunter or voice when they needed. She sighed and stood, watching as the male from earlier exited the cave and stood guard. Did they believe she was a threat? Her tail swished casually, eyes fixed on the male ahead of her. She was told to wait, which was fine, but she still felt itchy - the need to run still remained in her joints. "Mako." She spoke, finally sitting again. "That's your name isn't it?"

His eyes focused upon her as she spoke, "Yes." Was his simple response as he dipped his head in a nod. He remained at the mouth of the cave however, not seeing a need to approach her. He was doing what he did best after all, protecting the pack. Perking his ears slightly he watched her, "I apologize for being so aggressive earlier, I was told to protect and that's what I did."

The need to run began to settle, easing herself down to the ground, she refrained from resting her head on her paws - however tried she was, she refused to let her guard down. Keeping her gaze on the male, she took a moment to acknowledge his apologies, and cocked her head. "No need, I'd do exactly the same in your position." Although she didn't apologize herself. "Is that your position in this pack? Protector?" She paused, quickly glancing over her shoulder, then back to the male. "May I ask how many of you there are here?" A few she could deal with.

He slowly shook his head, "I am an omega, I do what is asked." A slight sigh escaped him while he curled his tail around his feet. His ears flattened to his head while he shook his fur just a bit, trying to get out a few of the dozens of briers he had accrued from being in the bushes. "We are many, we are few. We are as many as we need to be." He replied not wanting to give out their pack size so easily. It was dangerous information in the wrong paws after all.

Kira lay down beside her mate, and inquired curiously, "Who is that wolf?" She had witnessed the whole scene from inside the cave, and was curious about this newcomer.

"Why is she here?" Kira was also wary, a trait which had earned her the Alpha Female role.

Saskia noted the males sigh. "You're unhappy with that." She said, matter of fact. She didn't blame him, having begun as an omega once herself, she understood the stress of it all. The frustration of getting nowhere, being treated like nothing. But this wolf didn't seem as bitter as she had been. He seemed content almost. That confused her, but she said nothing more on the matter. Instead, focused on his answer to her. "You're a smart one not to reveal too much information to a stranger." She almost smiled. "But I meant no harm, I'd just like to prepare myself." It was like being cornered, crowded into a shrubbery with no escape. But she had chose this, on a whim she noticed she was much safer within this territory - she didn't know whether that was down to an aggression of the pack, it's size, or something else... "Mako, my name is Saskia." She licked at her paws, noting the pain in her right. She must have hurt it whilst running, or so the small trickle of blood told her. A scratch compared to other injuries she'd endured.

Adilsa lifted her head up and relaxed a little "It's safe guys, but don't wonder away that much and keep your gaurd at all times, i am going to go get my part of prey and go back" Adilsa said taking a little charge in being the Beta Female and since she was the next ranked and followed her senses, she could smell deer and smiled, deer hadn't been seen in a while and she got down low in the bushes and got ready to run, Adsila saw the right time and got a deer, not a baby but full grown and kept a hold of it's neck, killing it.
Adsila felt the deer stop moving and got limp, she smiled and got up "Get as much as you can, i promised Kira i would be quick, remember what i said" Adsila said and picked the deer up and made her way towards the den, as she got closer she could smell the wolf again and walked to the bush to see Mako at the mouth and some other wolf, smaller than herself she growled a little but walked out of the bush and nodded a little nod at Mako and smiled, walking into the den and dropping the huge deer onto the ground "That good enough prey, Alpha" Adilsa said and smiled, proud of herself

Saskia snorted in reply. What was with this pack and its manners? Maybe aggression was the reason her pursuers hadn't entered this packland, or maybe it was rudeness. Either way, she kept a careful eye on the female as she entered the den. Her thoughts went to the pregnant alpha that lay in there, her belly full of pups. She didn't know how long it was until they were due, if they happened to accept her here, she hoped she would still be around to see it. She stiffed a whine. Memories came flooding back, but she managed to repress them. It wasn't the time to show any form of weakness, if intimidation is what she should expect from the rest of this pack, she had to stand her ground and show them she'd worthy of joining them.

Kira raised her head, and grinned widely, revealing her teeth. "That's great, Addie." She got to her feet, and padded over to the deer. "You really are a good wolf." She smiled again, and tore into the deer's flanks, hungry.

Adsila laughed at Kira face and nodded and watched as she got up and smiled sitting down and rested her head on her paws and let the two alphas have their part of the prey first which is what happens anway, even though Beta would get it after them, Adsila most of the time let the others have some before her "Am i really?, i just hunt for you guys to eat is all" Adsila said softly and then remembered the other wolf outside "Who is that other wolf with Mako out there" Adsila said curious

Kira finished the mouthful she was eating, and replied, "I don't know - Ashaekin said to her that she should wait out there until the whole pack came back." She ripped a good part of the flank off, and nudged it towards Adsila. "Here - eat." She smiled, and took another bite out of the deer herself.

Adsila lifted her head nodded understanding "Oh okay, well they was just catching some prey before i left to come here, they should be back soon" Adsila said and watched as she was chucked some meat but turner her nose up at it and nudged it back to Kira "I don't want anything, eat as much as you both like, i'll be fine" Adsila said softly and placed her head back on her paws and looked at some water dripping

Kira shook her head stubbornly. "Adsila, you need to eat." She had become worried about her friend a few weeks before, when Adsila wouldn't eat, and she had become so thin that it scared Kira. "You need the food, and the energy." She pushed the meat back to Adsila firmly.

Adsila sighed a little and looked up at her friend and smiled a little smile "Is that an order.....alpha" Adsila said and shook her head, really not wanting to eat, but knew Kira would get mad, and she didn't want that so took a bit of the meat from the piece she was given and started to pull the flesh apart and chew it, her stomach having trouble keeping it down as she hadn't eaten in about 3 days, but kept eating the meat

"It is." Kira watched Adsila eat, and her mind raced. She wanted Adsila to stay alive, which wouldn't happen if she didn't eat. She was worried about her friend.

Adsila could feel the gaze of Kira and looked up at her "I don't know why you are so worried Ki, i'm fine" Adsila said softly and got a hold of the other piece of meat and started to chew on that one slowly and enjoyed some of the taste and then couldn't eat anymore and nudged it towards Kira "Have the rest of that, i can't eat anymore" Adsila said softly

"I'm just worried, because you got so weak the last time you wouldn't eat, and I don't want you to die." Kira lay next to Adsila, and nudged her gently with her nose.

She glanced around at all of her pack, and sighed. Every wolf here meant something special to her, and she didn't want to let anything happen to any of them.

Adsila looked up at Kira and smiled "Yeah i know i did, but that's not this time, i can't be that weak if i brought down that deer can i huh?" Adsila said with a smile and leaned into Kira a little, putting her head on Kira's paws "I won't die, really i think at the moment you need to just worry about yourself and not me" Adsila said and licked the blood off Kira's nose and smiled