Wolf's Pride

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Mako was on the outskirts, his eyes glowing faintly in the moonlight while he watched 'his' pack. At least they never drove him away... He listened to the words, ears flicking forward before he simply disappeared back into the brush. It was easy for him to remain unseen, his dark fur blending him in. Tonight he would hunt alone like every night. To an extent he had to wonder if they even realized his existence, they had to have had his scent. He wasn't a parasite though, unlike other omegas, he hunted for himself. The unseen dangers of the world he did his everything to fight against. He just wanted to earn a place in with them, though it seems that the run in with the bear months ago didn't help him much.

Kira slowly stood and was almost about to move out with Adsila, but she caught the scent of the newest pack member on the light breeze, and she turned. "Mako." She simply said, looking around, trying to locate the wolf. "Are you coming?"

"So, Red... Should we just head out and hunt, or...?" Zarn asked, seeing no reason to wait. Whatever the alphas were talking about, they had been told to get moving, and he was not one to disobey orders.

His head lifted slightly, pointed ears twitching as he head her voice. A small whine escaped his lips, announcing his presence before he slowly poked the front half of his heavy built structure through the brush. "Yes, my lady." Was his simple response, his voice deep as rolling thunder. Slowly he nodded his head, unsure of whether he should leave her or stay.

"Of course they won't be a problem," Red said, licking her paw, "we're wolves after all."
She had started to jump about, eager to go hunting already when there came the news of Kira's pregnancy. Red's mouth hung open, giving her a comical look.
Pups?
Pups!
She jumped in excitement and leaped over to Kira.
"Well done you two!" she nipped Kira's ear gently and threw a grin at Ashtorith."
Her tail wagged wildly in excitement and still wagged as she joined Zarn.
"That would be good," she nodded, "our alpha will need all the food she can get!"
She bounded away a few feet and waited for Zarn to follow.
"I love pups, don't you?" she yapped a bit too excitedly, then in a more serious tone, "I hope she'll be safe from the humans though. She won't be able to run or fight so well later."

"I'm always hungry," Yanzee chuckled and was about to suggest they set about hunting then, when Kira was found to be with cubs.
She was delighted but unlike Red or Adsila she didn't let it show as much: you could tell she was happy from the wag of her tail but she didn't rush over to Kira. She felt that her alpha wouldn't want to be crowded.
She watched as Ash got Kira to stay and rest and although she knew that Kira would still be able to hunt as well as usual still she was glad she wasn't going to. The humans were on the move tonight and Kira still risked getting hurt. This way the unborn cubs would be safe and the pack carry on.
Her nose lifted and tasted the air as another scent came to here. Mako. The male omega of the pack. But unlike Red not as exciteable, more quiet. She knew that all Mako wanted was to fit in and she felt sympathsised for him.
For the first time since they had stopped she decided to include her opinion,
"What if Mako stays to protect Kira," she said quietly, "we would not want her harmed by humans- or prehaps he could come with Adsila and I. I am not as young as I once was and I would be glad of more help."

"Mako you could come with us or you could hunt with the rest. It is your choice. The rest, you have your orders. Let's go Kira, Yanzee. There's not enough moonlight for us to waste time." he said. He did have love and compassion for the everyone, but he knew what was best for the survival of the pack. He had to be strong, or else he'd fail them all. "Now, scurry along. We don't want to make a ruckus. Mako, again, your choice." he gave Kira a warm smile and muzzled her cheek.

Zarn followed Red, wagging his tail and answered "They're okay, I guess..." He was still a bit surprised by her eagerness and energy, yet it made him a bit happy, for some reason. "Didn't really get a lot of chances to meet any pups, other than when I was one." He continued. "And she has Yanzee and Ashtorith with her. She'll probably be safe... I hope..."

Adsila watched as Kira got up and smiled, she then got the wift of the scent for one of the first times, she had always been on patrol when Mako would be back at home, Adsila tilted her head to the side as she saw a black wolf come out of the his hiding place and smiled a little as she first saw him and then looked at Kira "Is he always that quiet and keeps to himself" Adsila asked softly and looked back in the direction to the new wolf, Adsila looked at her friend and nizzled her head, "I'll see you late, keep safe" Adsila said and ran off with the others for prey, she loved hunting and ran a little ahead of the others

Shaking briars from his fur Mako gave a low bow of his head to the alpha male. His eyes glanced to Kira, a similar bow following before he spoke, "I will protect her with my life..." He spoke looking to the alpha male, though he kept a considerable distance between them, choosing to be at the rear. The most likely to be attacked.

Kira smiled, and moved closer to him. "Thank you Mako." She nudged him with her nose, and then moved forwards again. They were now going to the Birthing Den, which was where she would stay until the cubs were born.

Ash never liked the birthing den. It meant having one exit, limited space, and extra perimeter sweep. It was terrifying to think of all the possibilities of capture. But, we'll deal with it when the time comes.

Kira nudged her mate with her nose and smiled. "We'll be fine. Just return to me as soon as you can." She loved her mate dearly, and her greatest fear was anything happening to him.

Adsila went into the woods and saw that the others where still talking and rolled her eyes a little, but then again she was the Beta Female and could look after herself but didn't go off, instead she was good and sat down waiting for the others "Come on guys. i want to go" Adsila whined

Kira laughed, a sort of bark, and padded briskly towards Adsila. "Impatient as always...." She teased her best friend lightly.

Adsila hear her best friend laugh and bark, she watched as she came towards her and smile at her "Stop teasing Kira, it isn't nice" Adilsa said with a smile and rested her head on her best friends "Okay, maybe i am a little too impatient and need to work on it, i'm sure you could help me once we spend time with eachother in the cave" Adsila said and smile a wolfy grin

"Yeah... I am so excited for it. My first litter....." KIra gazed up at the sky happily. "Maybe you could have cubs yourself someday." She turned to her friend.

Adsila laughed a little "I bet you are excited, i would be" Adsila said with a smile and followed her gaze to the sky and whined a little "Maybe if i ever found a mate, i wouldn't mind cubs" Asila said and then smiled at Kira who was taller than herself by a little

"You might find a mate soon." Kira shot her a warm glance and then turned around. She watched the other wolves gather, and she said to Adsila, "Just come to me soon. Please."

Adsila smiled a little "Maybe, but i doubt it, i'm not one of the best wolfs in the worl" Adila said softly and looked as the other wolves came near them and smile a soft smile and licked Kira on the head "I'll get our prey and i'll be to you as soon as i can, i'm not going to leave you, good thing i'm a fast runner and good hunter" Adila said with a smile and laughed a little

Mako remained at the back, his alert ears catching the conversations though he said nothing about it. He simply padded along behind, ever vigilant for an attack.