When time crashes together

The year 2012 was it? "So we've been sent forward in time over a thousand years..." I said to the hawk next to me, but it would easily be heard by the other two. I looked at the woman as she...critiqued my magics? Perhaps the odd sense I got from her meant that she was another magician...but there was no way to be sure. "Yes, I am dehydrated, as I have not been drinking even that substance much...just enough to keep myself functional, I did not know how long it would be until I found another water source, so I wanted to stretch what I had as far as possible. As for the...proof you mention...few people, at least from my time, even know of the existence of such things." I said, slightly insulted at how much the woman claimed to know of spells that had been passed down from generations before the birth of our Lord. I then turned to the man as he demanded to know what else I had to offer. He seemed...far less accommodating that the woman. "Well...I know other spells to fight with, to enchant with...Allow me to demonstrate." I said, and reached into my sleeve to, slowly, making sure they could see it as I removed, holding it up to show I did not intend to harm them, a dagger. It was plain, no ornaments, but the steel was the darkest blue it could be without being black. I hurled it at a somewhat nearby stone, as it burst into an electric flash, scorching the stone and leaving a chunk taken out of it. "I can do this to your own weapons, enchant them to have an assortment of effects. Swords, arrows..." I eyed to odd pieces of metal the two were carrying. "Any...other weapons you might have...does that interest you?"

~Furor

The werewolf stood hos ground as the man was set to demonstrate his magic. He reached into his sleeve and pulled something out, making it clear to Sayomi and himself that he meant no harm. It was a dagger though...it was odd. The blade was a dark blue and the rest of the dagger was ordinary. He threw the dagger at a near by stone and though an electric flash the stone became scorched...a chunk taken out of the rock. He explained he could enchant weapons to have multiple effects on people. It was an intresting concept...Rowen became less tense and looked back at Sayomi.

"So...What do we do with him now...? He seems to have a good enough explaination to me..."

Sayomi's lip raised slightly as he commented about the people from their time. The people from their time were stupid even compared to the common third grader here. As she angered slightly, it became hotter around her person. As she got angry her body naturally let out heat. The angrier she was, the hotter it got. She did not like the way that he spoke. It made it sound like he was looking down at her and her father, the studies they had done, and the conclusions that they made. "People from our time, and times around us have nothing on these people. My father and myself were some of the most highly taught, since we did not age the same. We were able to learn more then the average scholar, and when we came here, we still had to learn." She did her best not to lash out at the man. She still didn't tell him, or anyone that her and her father were the reason why they were here. The men that had came to her time were trying to go less in the past. They wanted the freaky haired albert Einstein to help them. But they miss calculated and ended in their time. So Sayomi was one of the very first to be brought to this time. She had been here for many years. being brought here in the late 1900's. "I do not know how my father came across your potion, but I do know that when we came here, science proves differently then what you think." The heat was still being let out around her, and her eyes, as she watched the man turned dark green. As the man threw the dagger, she wasn't impressed nor unimpressed. something to come in handy in a pinch. She turned and looked at Rowen, the tips of her hair moving from the movement of heat on her. "I am certain that he have not seen much of his abilities, but there is also the hawk on his shoulder. Summoned to to no doubt protect him. It would also be something nice to send forward when we reach other towns and cities. So we know who and what is waiting for us. The armies do not just do a once through. They go through multiple times before bombing it." She looked over her shoulder at the man, knowing that he could hear, but didn't care. "He will be useful, and if he causes trouble, or is worth more burden then help, we leave him. Simple as that." She explained what she was thinking with a shrug. Even though she was angry, she knew better then to pass on someone who might be able to help due to anger.

I dropped the argument with the potions. They would see their full power in due time, if they wanted them, and if not, I would keep such things to myself. It was quite obvious that neither of these people had the diplomatic skills necessary to survival either...both with crude in their dealings and let too many opinions slip out, and those that came forth too sharp in their delivery. "You're rather open with your judgements of people. If we come across a large group of people...please let me do the talking...I've dealt with Christians and Pagans ready to rip each others' throats out...I'm use to dealing with diplomacy at the sword's edge." I said openly. A group worked best when each member used their talents where they counted, and where others lacked them. I looked at my hawk when the woman mentioned it. This woman knew a great deal about magic, that much was certain, but she did not know quite as much as she thought she did. I certainly did not intend to make myself an open book to these two either, I had to retain some secrets, after all. "So our traveling arrangements are agreed then?" I said, looking at them expectantly.

Rowen frowned a bit as he heard him talking about dealing with religious groups at eachothers throats. So he thought he should do the talking. Before turning around to go grab the supplies not too far from them he scowled.

"If we meet up with a large group I doubt they will want to talk. Alot of people I've met here are not exactly human and couldn't careless who you are....who anyone is for that matter. For my kind we live to kill. Killing our opposistion means safety and resources. You talk about religious groups...try dealing with a werewolf. I"m rare for my kind. If you meet another like me chances are they won't stop to question you or won't stop to talk it out. You'lll be dead long before you get a chance to 'talk it out'."

He went over and grabbed the bag, looking over at Sayomi then the man.

"I do believe that right now travel agreements are in agreement as much as they are ever going to be."

Sayomi just shrugged. She knew that the man thought that both of them as un civil. But in this age, you almost have to be. She also guessed that the man would be dead within a couple weeks if he didn't go with them, or find other people to go with. She didn't say a word though. Just let the heat radiat off her skin. She looked at Rowen, shrugged again, then in a moment, she started to walk up the air, fire beneath her feet. She wanted to make sure that nothing or no one was by the supplies she left. Once she got high enough up, she could see that there was nothing there. Though whether the supplies would still there, that was a whole different matter. She walked back down, jumping the last few feet. "Ok, so the rest of the supplies have no people around it. So we will get that, then go and find the lab. Then we can eat shower, and rest." She said, more looking at Rowen then the other man. She was going to have to get use to him, and his.... personality. After everything, she knew that she was going to have to hope that they hadn't used all their blood donations. She could feel herself getting weak after eachtime of using her powers. "Let us go my companions." She said, then before she went any where, she looked at the new person. "I am Sayomi Chi. Vampire, assassin, and scientist." She said with a soft smile. It was niether cold, nor very welcoming. Just there. She turned herself around, and begane to walk.

Werewolf? Vampire? I had thought them both wiped out by the Romans centuries before I was born. Apparently they did not do nearly as well as their records boasted. "I assure you both I deal with things that want to kill me on a regular basis, from kings to demons to banshees." I said, praying that somewhere in this world there would be some form of civilization, but so far, the possibilities did not seem overly promising. "I never thought I'd desire to be in Western Europe...but even there is better than this place." I said to no one in particular, but I foresaw conversation not amounting to much in the future. These two were certainly all business, and pleasantries didn't matter when the world fell apart, I supposed. "Just tell me what you need and I'll get it done." was my response to Sayomi's comment of the supplies. I would let the other dispense his name when he wished.

Sayomi couldn't help but give off a laugh at his comment to western Europe. "I know it is hard to believe, but before this all happened, this was a beautiful place. It was very divers in culter. There were libraries, and schools, universities, saturday markets to get fresh produce, and hand made creations of all sorts. Though here, there would be no need to barder anything that you owned, just paper that counted as money. Here, no one held gold in their hands. It's all stored in a vault, and then people are given paper to represent the gold. I know, it's very odd, but it also means that the government can control the amount of money, and can also make sure that no gold gets lost. But I do not think that is what the purpous was. If I remember correctly, it was somwhere around the 1850-or 1860's that paper money was begining to be used. That is the oldest paper money I have seen. And i could be wrong. history is nothing I never studied too much of. But there will be bound to be books where we are going if you are interested in reading them." She gave him a little bit of information of the place that he was now in. She missed going to the saturday market, getting fresh fruit, and her father loved to go to get his daughter hand made trinkets. He thought of them more special because they were not made in a factory, but by hand, by someone who was doing it more because they enjoyed it, then wanted the money. "As for what needs to be done, we must retrieve two bags, slightly bigger then bag we have with us, that is filled with all sorts of supplies. They are big, and fairly heavy, so very awkward to carry. That is why I left them. Plus if people saw that I had that much supplies, well, it would be worse then putting a kill me sign on my person." Before they went into the labs, she would need to change. Her father never let her go into the labs in anything less then what a lady should be wearing, and so that is what she still wore, every time she went into a new lab.

I nodded as the woman mentioned the books and the paper money. "I have heard rumors of a faraway land, called China, where they traded bits of paper. I suppose this means the rumors are true. I would love to read these books you speak of, history is a powerful thing to know." I chuckled slightly as the woman told me what she needed done, and how she was worried of the heavy load. I brushed the bird off my shoulder, and it flew toward a nearby fragment of what was once a wall. "I do not think a heavy load of supplies will be much of a problem...at least not as far as carrying things is concerned." I waved my hand around and chanted too softly to be heard, as the hawk shifted and changed, feather falling off and wings forming into arms, as the bird became a man, an image of an Egyptian god, the head of a bird, the body of a man. An ornate robed cloth covered his legs, but he wore nothing else, and his physical strength was clearly apparent. "Amun here will be able to lug those heavy bags. As for hiding them from thieves...I'm afraid there's nothing I can do there but help fight them off if the time comes." I said, eying the familiar in its true form. He was several times more powerful now, but it would still refer to me as its master, thank God. ~Furor

Sayomi nodded when he spoke of China. "You will find that much of what America calls 'American' is actually adopted from many other countries. Even the food. They just added more grease and fat." Her nose cringed as she thought of all the grease in the food. "I am very sure that there will be books there for fun, and I know for math and science. Though, I have probably read any that are there. But there will be all sorts of stuff. I wouldn't see why there would be none on history, if they are time traveling. They will want to know as much as possible." As the bird changed, she had to resist all urges to poke it. It wanted to touch it, almost like a child touches everything unknown to it, she did the same. She was surprised by how much one could learn by a feel. She could feel herself give off a smile, even more for her to learn about as they traveled. "Except during the days, we will not have to worry about guarding the bags, unless we feel safe enough to take the stuff to the labs. But I usually won't do that unless I am sure that no one is following us. Not that they really could get in..." She said with a soft smile as she remembered one time that someone did try to break in. She looked away from the Egyption looking being. She let her eyes look to Furor, and then to Rowen, then her green eyes unfocused on him, then to the sunsetting. "We should hurry." She said after a few minutes then started walking in the direction that they needed.

"As you say, madame." Was the only response I gave her. I motioned for Amun to follow me, and he did so without question. I glanced over at the Werewolf, he had been quiet for quite some time. I had expected him to be at least slightly surprised by my birds transformation, but so far, he didn't even seem trusting enough to tell me his name, and I wasn't stupid enough to ask for it. I simply walked behind Sayomi, who seemed to be warming up to me, even if it was merely for survival. I looked around to see naught but misery and ruin, and I wondered if people had ever truly lived here. "I have not seen destruction of this magnitude even in areas recently sacked by raiders...did people truly once live here? I cannot believe it...surely your own times did not resemble this?"

Sayomi looked over her shoulder for a moment to look at Rowen. He hadn't said anything for a while, and she wanted to know his imput on things, since as a werewolf, he could easily sence more things involving emotions then she could. She didn't ask for them though. She knew well enough that whatever happened, she could handle it. "Sure this place lacked trees and scenery. But it was not like it didn't exist. You just had to drive in a car to get to it. But this place was filled with it's own sot of beauty. There were all types of flowers, and the Zoo... You could go there to actually see animals that you normally could only see in travels, costing more money then the average person had. But here you paod $10 and were in to see all sorts of animals. My favorite is the Ocelot. Something about his patterns, and his stealth. Being one of the smaller big cats. If that makes sense." As they walked, she began to think about what had happened to all the animals. If they escaped, or let out, or bombed.. Or even dead from starvation from not being able to escape their cages. She looked at a building until they passed it, trying to shake the feeling of sadness. "But something that makes this place beautiful is the amount of knowledge that it holds. And how it's people are so much different. There is medicine for all who need it. Sure things cost money, but almost everyone has it." After a few seconds of walking quietly, she paused. There was something wrong. She could feel it. Instictivly, she crouched down, and began to look slowl around, trying to catch any abnormalities.

I listened as Sayomi spoke. This land was once a paradise, it seemed...but it sounded as if it met the same fate as that of the Western Roman Empire. Still, even there civilization was slowly returning, so perhaps someday, this too would return to its former glory. "Surely this entire world has not met this same f-" I began, and then noticed Sayomi's crouching. My eyes darted around, but they found nothing. I shot my hand out, finger pointed, and Amun quickly leapt into the air to return to his bird form, and took to the sky, flying far overhead to scout the area. "What is it, Sayomi?" I asked quietly.

Rowen just listened to the woman and the other man talk. They spoke of the things needing to be done, money, and other such things. As they spoke of carrying heavyloads the man brushed his bird off his shoulder. It flew over to what used to be a wall, before landing. Rowen glanced over with his red-orange eyes and caught the man chanting something too quite for even him to hear. As a transformation occured Rowen shifted his firm gaze to the once bird. The bird had changed into a man with a birds head. It was the strangest thing that the werewolf had seen which was saying alot being in the profession and world he was from. Furor filled them in on the birds abilities. As both of the men eyed the medium he was still listening to Sayomi. After a few moments he turned away, catching a smile across the vampire's lips. It was a pretty smile...It made him not want to frown at the man so much. Then she looked to Furor to Rowen, finally to the setting sun. She had told them that they should hurry off to the lab. When she began to walk off in the direction they needed to go, the werewolf began to follow. The man also followed along. As they walked in silence Rowen's firm gaze was forwards but out of the corner of his eye he caught the magician or whatever it was that he called himself, looking over at him. The air coming off the man said he was thinking about something...probably about him. Since Rowen had met him, the wolf had not said much to him nor told him his name. He didn't plan to unless the man did something to prove he could be trusted.

While looking off into the distance the man looked away and then he felt another gaze on him. He moved his red-orange irsis over to the Vampire. The look in her eyes looked as if she wanted something from him but was too afraid or unwilling to ask him. Her eyes stayed on him as she spoke, it almost felt like she was speaking to him. He listened to her as she explained that the area they were in once was an area where they kept animals captive. It made him shiver a bit. No wonder the scent of wolves was about in the air and on the ground in hidden patches. To be honest it also made his jaw clench in anger as well. For a small fee humans could gawk at the poor beasts trapped in cages too hard fro them to break out of. Gawk at animals who had no choice but to be there...their freedom gone. She said there was a beauty of knowladge in this place but as a beast himself...being gawked at by humans in his shifted from and trapped for a time in an Iron cage lined with wolves bane making him weak, there was no beauty. It was evil and brutal. Cruel and heartless. This area made him a bit uneasy but he wouldn't say that nor let the others see it. After a few moments of walking and letting his thoughts boil the vampire froze in place. He then sensed what she sensed and it made him feel uneasy in his human skin. Rowen glanced over at Sayomi then to the man, unbuttoning his shirt off and slipping it into the bag of supplies.

"I would take a few steps back and stay back. I'm going to shift. The wolf has a mind of it's own so I can't promise I won't go after you. Trust me...if I do then you won't have time to react before I tear your throat out."

After he spoke to him the werewolves bones and muscles began to shift, his skin ripping as they did. He, after a few long moments shifted into a huge huge silvery-gray wolf, it's body carved out of pure, lean muscle. He put his nose to the air and sniffed a bit, A deep, fierce growl rumbled from his throat. Something was definitly up...and he didn't like it.

Sayomi watched as Rowen went from his human for, and into his werewolf form. Everything in her body told her to attack him while he wasn't suspecting it. It was instinct that she was going to have to change. Something she wanted to change. She had seen his reaction in the werewolves body when she commented on the zoo. She would have to explain later to him why they were like that, and how it's not just small cages. As she thought for a moment. She felt a well known presence. One she hadn't felt in a long long time. She looked back at Furor. He was a human. They would know he is here. "There is another vampire. One stronger then me. Or he at least used to. They must have brought him without my fathers permission. You must watch yourself very carefully. Even when the need to feed is not there, he will still come after every human, just to change them..." She looked back at Rowen, worry in her eyes. "He is even more at a risk I am afraid." she said softly, before she finally started to walk slowly around a corner. Then she saw them. It was a small amy, and there in the front, a tall lean, and elegant looking figure stood. Without thinking, she let a couple balls of fire come forth, and go which ever way they wanted. It would confuse him to where exactly she was. The men wee blocking the way to the bags. But they didn't seem to know that they were there. "Can you get to the bags? Without them noticing?" She asked as she tuned to look at Furor. If they could get the bags, then they could make it to the labs. Once inside, she make it so that no one could enter. With or without a pass key. She walked slowly to Rowen, and looked at him, right in his eyes. She could only imagine the worry and probably fear that was written on her face. "Rowen, you can't go charging in there. There is vampire in the ranks.. His powers are much stronger. He is one of the oldest vampires known. He has drinking many other vampires blood to gain their strength, and powers..I will not let you go in there, just to get hurt." She told him, her smooth sultry voice was now stren and unwavering. There was arguing about it. The three of them could take the others out, but would have a hard time to take out he other vampire. She was not afraid of being close to the werewolf in his true form. As Sayomi waited and watched, she had an idea. It was a long shot, but it might work. She pulled out the smaller vial that she had in her bag, and held it in her hand. Then she opened it, and smelt the liquid, a strange sight to any that watched.

Well...at least the werewolf warned me before he tried to rip me limp from limp. I took his advice and moved away, watching as his body morphed into a new form. So much for the full moon legend. I looked at the woman, and then at the small army she had discovered. A vampire among them, ready to rip me to shreds, from the sound of it. I listened to her comment, and nodded hesitantly. "I know an invisibility spell...however...it is still in development...I know not how long it will last, nor whether it would mask me from the vampire's ability to sense me...But I suppose I'm willing to take a risk if you are...Amun can help you to distract them, at the very least." I said. The bird was now circling over the enemy, awaiting orders. I whistled in a high low high low pattern, and the bird swooped down upon them and back up, creating a gust of wind to try and knock them over and confuse them. It then quickly swooped back into the air, releasing a triumphant screech that pierced human ears to the skull. I quickly took out a vial of a rather rancid looking liquid, and poured it in a circle around me. I chanted a few Latin words, and black smoke rose from the ground, wrapping around me until I could not be seen by the naked eye. "Direct me to the bags, and I shall do what I can." I said, taking out three daggers and fanning them out in my hand, which could be seen, but would likely disturb and frighten the people more than it would make them want to attack.

Nightshade grinned darkly his fangs glistening. How charming is it that the masses all come toghether and his petite little Sayomi featured prominently with a dog. Delicious. It had been years since he had had the pleasure of seeing her. Years of waiting. And now they are walking to him, he could feel his senses tingling, how he wanted to phase there now, but he stopped himself. No fun if the hunt ends quickly, not in this game of cat and mouse and Sayomi always made such a pretty, pretty mouse.

"Ah petite fie, we shall dance soon again and th blood of your dog will run rampant" he grinned maliciously as his lavender eyes danced, the pupils expanding in his anticipation. " Tonight, tonight... tonight we fight"

The soft sound that Yorik's shoes made touching the ground grew louder with each incoming step. He stopped for a moment and inspected the area, eyeing every nook and cranny. Yorik rolled his shoulders which led his eyes to notice a group over in the distance. One of the beings looked to be a large wolf man sniffing about, but for what reason? Noticing there was a woman and a man discussing something, the woman seemed much more concerned then the man did. "What are those two doing?.." Yorik said softly to himself, watching the man disappear completely. "Such craft, I haven't seen in years.." Clutching his shovel tightly, he felt something strange blowing around in the winds; Not that it would bother him, Yorik was used to odd happenings. But a curiosity rose from what it could possibly be? What sort of creature was it coming from?

Vlos laughed horridly even though he was badly wounded, he had a slash down one of his eyes and was bleeding profusely from multiple scratches. He raised his sword over Jehovah's head, his brother had fallen before him and now he was going to deliver the death blow, earth would return to darkness and the male humans would be slaves, the women would become Umbra. But the wind picked up atop the long dead Volcano near Pompeii. He turned his head and saw a black pit open, flashes of events going through them and sucking all in. Jehovah took his brother's distraction as an opportunity, he cast a spell creating blessed steel wrist restraints and a blessed collar that was connected to his wrists by blessed steel chains. Vlos dropped his sword and roared his rage, struggling fiercely against the restraints that stole the souls he had taken over in hell to gain power his brother lept up and chuckled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Not today brother...seems your luck has run out." He kicked Vlos in the chest and sent him flying back into the portal and backwards in time, he thudded against hard ground and bounced. His back slammed into his tree and the chains wrapped around it. His mind was becoming foggy, he didn't know what time period he was in but he could see an Asian girl with black hair and what looked like a male with white hair. The chains and restraints burned his hands and neck, he roared and kicked and struggled like an enraged animal rather than the dark big brother of god. His eyes glowed blood red and large, black feathered wings burst from his back and flapped in an effort to escape what he could not, along with the wings long talons extended from his fingers and he buried his fingers into the tree. He finally found his voice and shouted with rage as the portal closed "You worthless excuse for a god I'll tear out your throat and swallow your soul brother! I will kill you Jehovah if it takes a millinia! I will turn this world to darkness and with your final breath you'll watch your precious and weak humans become slaves and fall into extinction!" He finally seemed to run out of anger and panted as he looked at the empty air where the portal had once been, his eyes cleared as the souls stopped leaving him. He looked to the two before him, "A vampire and a male human...well I regret my statement about the future of humans and feel wonderful at the sight of such a beautiful result of the virus I created known as 'Vampir-Krankheit' or the 'Vampire Disease'...please my dear creation, use your human subjugate to get the chains off of me."

Gauss stood with a grimace, dusting himself off and gathering his bearings. Wherever he was, it was completely decimated. Strange buildings and structures either leaned or bent. Some crumbled and others continued to drop their parts around the area. Abnormally shaped cars looked beat up and dirty and--.

The howl of a dog and pounding footsteps alerted him. An arm raised instinctively, a punch greeting the face of some wild animal. It took about a minute, but the dog-like thing finally gave out and died. Gauss shook his hands, looking at his bloodied knuckles.

"Just what kind of place is this?" he wondered aloud.

He looked around, trying to find some form of life. Somewhere, anywhere. Gauss took a step forward and stopped, feeling something bulky underfoot. Looking down he saw the package he'd managed to save before being somehow transported to this strange place. What about his wife? Their child?

A frown overcame the young man's features. This was not good. Not good at all.

Brown eyes surveyed the area again, looking for someplace. He needed a place with a room so that he could gather himself and then venture out to ask questions. To his right was an intact structure made entirely of brick as it seemed. Walking around it, he saw that it had many doors. Was this some sort of inn?

He checked every one of the locks. Each were steadfast, and the keyholes were strange-looking. They weren't bell-shaped like the ones in England. But of course they weren't. He wasn't in England anymore.

Gauss muttered a curse in Mandarin, tiring of coming upon locked door after locked door. But finally, before he gave in to the urge to try to kick one of them in, he came upon an unlocked one.

He pushed the door open.

And was immediately met with the long and narrow barrel of a strange looking gun.

Immediately, his hands went up.

Jace heard footsteps outside the door of the apartment. Training his ears on the sound, he reached over for Axel's rifle carefully. The lock turned and he braced for whatever was coming. The dark haired Asian looked back at Axel. He was still out. The lazy bastard needed to get it together in case Jace needed him. And that was right then, if anything.

The door opened and Jace was on his feet in record time, rifle trained into the face of the intruder. Who he saw wasn't exactly who he was expecting. Brows furrowed, he watched as...this look-alike raised his hands in surrender.

"You might want to put that down, sir."

The sound of an Englishman coming from one who was clearly Chinese was something to think about. Just who was this man?

"Who are you?"

"I suppose I should answer," the other man said with a strained smile. He was about six feet, with a face that looked uncannily like Jace's only this man had short hair and stubble. "Though, it shouldn't be much of a problem knowing who I was since we look alike, don't you think?"

Jace affirmed his stance with the rifle and the other man's smile faltered.

"I am Gauss, from England," the man appeased. "Now, if you'd be so kind as to lower your weapon. I've only a package holding priceless cigars from France. I assure you I am completely harmless."

Jace eyed the man warily. "Drop it then."

The man named Gauss did exactly as told, keeping his arms up. A rustle from the bed made both men turn toward a stirring Axel. But it was a bad move on Jace's part. Gauss had lunged toward him for the gun, however because of his enhanced hearing, Jace was able to dance out of the man's way. It wasn't enough to dissuade the Englishman. Apparently this English Chinese was well-versed in Kung Fu; Gauss whirled around and hooked his wrist, hitting Jace in his midsection. The simple move packed a lot of punch; it was the Mantis Fist -- a traditional art passed through his family for centuries. First the man has his face, and now he has his Kung Fu style.

Just who was he?

A slicing of air cut the dance for domination short, a dagger pinning itself into the wall on the other side of the room. Moments later, another blade was held dangerously close to the other man's throat.

"I didn't know you had a brother," Axel hummed, looking around at the other man's face.

"I don't," Jace grimaced, stepping out of the man's range of attack and training the gun on him.

"I assure you I'm only acting out of self defense," Gauss defended.

"I didn't even attack you," Jace raised a brow.

"You were within fifteen feet of my person with a gun trained on me," the Englishman sniffed. "You were a threat by universal law."

"Look out," Axel chuckled, keeping his knife trained on the man. "We got a badass here."

"Who are you really?" Jace questioned, ignoring Axel not for the first time.

"I told you already," the Englishman huffed. "My name is Gauss and I am from England."

"Your last name," Jace clarified with a glare.

"Vee, if you truly must know," Gauss sighed with a roll of his eyes. He didn't seem at all perturbed with Axel's knife to his neck.

"Vee?" Axel questioned. He eased up, figuring the man couldn't have been a threat. "You two related or something?"

"Can't be," Jace said. "My parents are dead and I don't have any siblings. Just cousins and none have the name Gauss. The last Gauss in my family was still Chinese and moved to--."

"How did you know of me?" Gauss asked.

Realization dawned. 'We'd been chucked through time,' Jace thought. And then murmured aloud: "But these houses and buildings were never around in the 1920's."

"So he'd been spit out just like us," Axel concluded, putting two and two together. He knew how to follow Jace's thoughts. He'd worked with him long enough to know what random crevice in his mind spewed out such disjointed thoughts. Then his eyes brightened. "Does that make him your great, great, great, great great, etcetera granddad?"

"I've been what? And I'll have you know that I'm only twenty four," Gauss defended. "I'm too young to have that many of my lineage. My son can't even walk yet much less procreate."

"He is," Jace nodded. "And if he's here, then that means we can't be the only ones in the same situation."

"Then that settles it," Axel said, walking over to retrieve the first knife and sheathing both beneath his pant legs. He resettled himself onto the bed. "Time to have a little family reunion, right?"

"Axel," Jace glared. "We're in unknown territory and you're interested in family ties?"

"If you think about it," Gauss cut in. "It would be best to know who we're associating ourselves with before we go anywhere to gather information."

"Smart old man," Axel commented.

"I'm twenty-four," Gauss corrected immediately.

"So's Jace," Axel jerked a thumb in Jace's direction. "So how did you get here?"

"Well," the 'old' British Chinese sat cross-legged on the ground. "I was running away from the police--."

"You're a criminal?" Jace asked incredulously.

Axel guffawed at the same time. "You do realize that centuries down the line, you spawned a cop, right?"

"A cop?" Gauss looked confused.

"Policeman," Axel clarified. "So...you kind of ran away to get caught again."

"What exactly did you do?" Jace asked, truly curious.

"I was delivering those illegal cigars,"Gauss replied, pointing at the abandoned case. "To a fence, selling it to a nobleman. Some bloke from Scotland Yard had known about it one way or the other and imposed the middleman. He was about to arrest me but I'd delayed him, and ran out in to the street. A car was about to bowl me over and next thing I know, I'm here fending for my life against some dog-like creature."

"So what were you, exactly, as a criminal?" Axel questioned further. Jace saw the glint in his eye and knew that they weren't going to leave anytime soon. Axel was a criminal himself and things like that were just up his alley. "Were you a con man?"

"I prefer the term--."

"Smooth talker," both chorused. There was a moment of silence before both broke out in raucous laughter. Jace could only groan. Just great.

[​Holy damn o.o]