We're Humans Too... Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Me?' Lucy pointed at herself using her other hand to move her hair out of her face to stare at Fen. 'Well... I'm Lucy and this here,' She pointed to her companion 'This is my weasel, Weasel.' She smiled at him only for a moment before her face became serious again. 'You really have met the dragon?' She wasn't sure if he was lying or not. Out of everyone here he was her least favourite only for throwing a rock at her, hitting her in the arm, bruising her AND making it tender to poke. And those eyes were... Unsettling to say the least.

The incredulous didn't surprise him. Sure she looked icy, but why so cold towards him? "Don't trust me?" His smile teased. Heh. Fen was still fighting to quiet his inner demon and distract himself from who was still carrying him. He looked to Alice. Her eyes seem to pierce the darkness. Seeing is believing, right? Fen sighed and pulled on a leather cord around his neck out from under his shirt. At the end of it was a gray, slender tooth, slightly cracked from wear but sharp as a knife. He held it fondly, running over its shape with his fingers. "He gave me this". And I gave him my promise.

She walked a bit faster to get a closer look at the tooth, leaving Alice behind her. 'He really is real...' Her mouth dropped open as she raised her hand to touch it but lowered it thinking it was better if she didn't. 'Do you think he'll help me too? Make me strong like you?' Her icy blue eyes warmed in colour as she stared, utterly entranced by the tooth he held proudly.

((God that was so much T^T))

Karah walked in silence. She listened to their conversation. Well mostly. She sort of spaced out for a while.
Her hazel eyes stared up at the setting sun. Would they make it before dark? Karah wondered why that was important. The dark wasn't bad, in her eyes at least.
As Karah thought about simple things she didn't see the tree root sticking out of the ground. Nor did she notice her foot catching under it until she came tumbling to the ground.
"Ah!" Karah shouted falling. She scrambled up quickly hoping no one had seen, which was unlikely. "I'm okay. I'm okay." She muttered and hurried to catch up. This time she kept her eyes on the ground so she didn't trip again.

Alice nodded at Lucy when she said that they should be more worried about Fen. When Fen told them that the dragon was real and that he was trained by one, Alice was really surprised as Lucy was too. Upon seeing their reaction, Fen showed his necklace as proof and watched as Lucy walked ahead of her to look at the necklace fascinated and asked if she could be strong like him too. Deciding to stay behind, Alice saw a girl trip on a tree root and was thinking of helping her when the girl got up to mutter that she was alright.

Alice, are you really going to spare these people? Dead Alice asked her? Their only going to hurt and betray you in the end, just give up already. Alice stared off into space and decided to converse with Dead Alice. Why are you doing this? Alice demanded. Why? You should know very well why I'm doing this. I'm doing this for you. Alice clenched her fist and answered, I didn't ask for you to do anything! Alice denied. Oh really? Then why am I here? Who created me? Dead Alice asked.

Alice looked back in her memory and remembered how it all started. Scowling, she knew that Dead Alice would never leave her alone. After all, Dead Alice was her. Well, the darkest side of her atleast. Alice then began to run her hand through her hair frustratedly and let out a sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good no one saw...
Karah though to herself. That would have been embarrassing. As they walked Karah swore she had seen a few figures dash off.
She paused, glancing at the others. Did they see that?
Karah didn't know whether to stay or go. At the last minute she slipped into the forest and followed the footsteps. As she ran a thought passed. What if it was an animal? What if she was just seeing things again?
Karah shook her head and pressed on.
She stopped behind a row of trees that opened to a small field. Must be a farmers house.
"Did you see them?!" Male. Karah commented mentally.
"Yes. The one that fell. She is from the news yes?" Two.
"Yeah! She killed her father and destroyed the house. We can't let them in here!" Three.
"You're right. We must tell the leader and guards not to let those children in. I fear what could happen."
"Kill them before they kill us!"
Fear shot through her and Karah took a falty step backwards and snapped a twig.
"What was that?"
"She's here!" Karah was caught. She turned on her heel and bolted, the men quickly following.

Turning around she witnessed the quiet one in the back fall over and mentally giggled to herself, though she was happy the girl was uninjured. She quickly turned her attention to Alice as not to embarrass the strange girl who was stalking them. 'Alice will you come with us to see the dragon?' She asked her, hoping to lift her spirits as she seemed quite unhappy and tense.
She wondered what could possibly be bothering her?
'Are you warming to these people?' Asked Weasel, shifting his weight on her shoulders to get more comfortable. 'Maybe...' She replied quietly, shooting him her usually icy stare.
'Umm... Where did the stalky one go?' Lucy pointed behind Alice to where she had been just a moment ago.
How strange...

Karah stared up at the three men. had cornered her in the forest. Her eyes were wide in fear and her heart was pounding from running.
One men raised his hand holding a dagger.
"No don't!" Karah cried. Why did they hate her? She didn't even do anything!
"Too late." His hand came screaming down to attack.

A scream echoed through the woods. Afterward an eery silence ensued. Even the cicadas that chirped at night fell silent.

Karah stared up at them. Their eyes were wide as blood dripped from their mouths.
She retracted her shaking hands slowly.
"W-What?..." She mumbled. Three large stones impaled each man.
Karah gasped. She scrambled up and ran. It was just like before.

Alice, did you hear that? Dead Alice warned. Alice nodded and looked around. The other girl left. Did something happen? Alice thought. I have a bad feeling about this.

G
etting her mind back to the real world, Alice heard Lucy ask her if she was coming with them to see the dragon. "Yes" Alice replied with a smile, not wanting to worry her and decided on the spot that she would go her seperate way after they leave the area and would do what she always does when she got to te next village. She then saw Lucy point from behind her and asked where the girl went and Alice shrugged, catching up to Lucy.

"I feel like something bad is going to happen" Alice said quietly when she caught up to Lucy.

All of a sudden, she heard a peircing scream from the direction the other girl ran and turned her head in that direction.

Karah ran to the river. It was far from the others though. She couldn't go back.
She washed the blood from her hands and face. Tears began to fall on their own accord as what she did sank in. She just killed three men.
Even the fact that they were trying to kill her didn't make her feel better. She hated these powers. They didn't even help people! What was the point?!

'D-do you think that was her? I hope she is still alive...' Staring out into the eerily quiet forest, she began to let her mind wander again as she thought of the events that had happened this far. She liked these people. They were like her and they helped her regain her sense of reality.
One less thing to ask that dragon to fix.
A smile spread across her face as the thoughts ran though her mind and she continued to stare into the nothingness of the forest.

Alice agreed silently with Lucy and watched as a smile spread across her face, making alice smile too. Enjoy it while it lasts, Dead Alice retorted. Alice ignored her and continued to smile at Lucy, hoping to hide the sadness that showed in her eyes because she couldn't stay with them any longer once they get to the village. What saddened her the most, was that she might not be able to see Fen again. Alice tried to shake the thought away and tried to stop thinking about not being able to see them again.

The best thing to do was to continue to the village. She would have to avoid them once they arrived but it was for the best.
They might not even notice. She barely even spoke to them, or them to her.
Karah entered the village. She earned strange looks from being completely soaked from the river but no one else recognized her just yet.

'I think she's dead?' Lucy replied bluntly. She did not really care much for the girl as she only stalked them then ran off and got killed.
How rude to die before even introducing yourself properly.
'Shall we continue?' She asked Alice, noticing she had regained her sad complexion and mentally sighed at her failed attempt to make her feel better.

Alice heard Lucy bluntly say that the girl was dead and shook her head. "No, that girl's not dead yet" Dead Alice took over and spoke in a monotone voice to lucy.

"I-I, mean. No, she's not dead" Alice repeated nervously in her own tone of voice, scolding Dead Alice in her head for taking over. "The voice was a lower pitch, so it must have come from someone else. A male most likely" Alice explained to Lucy.

Alice then nodded when Lucy offered for them to continue on their way and smiled, matching her walking pace with Lucy's.

Ryuuto continued walking "i know normal medicine wont fix your arm but this place isnt normal. Its full of people like us. They all have powers." Then he heard a scream. He set fen down and sprinted into the direction of the scream.

The only thing left was the impaled men, slumped over the rocks that scewered them.
One man still had the knife gripp tightly in his hands.
Small footprints led off toward the river but disappeared there.

Ryuuto looked around ans saw the foot prints. He was about to follow them when something grabbed his leg. When he looked down he saw 1 of the men was barely alive. Ryuuto then kneeled down and asked the guy what happened. Guy: "a demon attacked us." Ryuuto then stood up and kicked the guy in the face breaking his neck. After that he began following the footsteps but as he was leaving his began to glow and the clouds began to form. Then a bolt of lightning struck the place where the men were leaving only dust. When got to the river he noticed blood flowing down the river. He began to walk up the river

Karah looked towards the sky. "Ryuuto." She murmured. It was such a drastic change in weather it was the only possible explanation.
She hurried on to find an inn but mysteriously, they had no rooms available. Lie.
The sun was setting and Karah was shivering. She couldn't dry herself off because of the new moon and she didn't trust that her abilities were back under control. She sat outside a barn and stared up at the starless sky.

After walking up the river he came across an inn and barn. He noticed the girl from before sitting outside the barn. He walked over to her and wrapped his jacket around her shoulders and sat down next to her. "Sorry about the rain"

Status
Not open for further replies.