We're Humans Too... Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice, nodded and agreed with the boy. Already planning out that she would destroy the village after these people leave. A few seconds later, she then realized that she's been calling him the boy and didn't know his name. "Ummm, what's your name big brother?" Alice asked the boy that was older than her who was carrying Fen.

Fen could only watch the scene unfold. He could hear the mumbled voices of people talking around him, but his vision was blurry and ears were ringing. The amber eyed girl look at him with a face of true concern. No one had ever looked at him that way. It was almost as if--No, couldn't be. He shook his head, fighting to stay in control and willed the searing pain to fade.

Clarity began to return to his senses and he tried to focus on the girl with ghostly hair. "What did you s--!" He suddenly found himself thrown over a set of strong shoulders, winding him back into reality. "HEY! WHOA! PUT ME DOWN!" Fen kicked and hit the boy, furiously protesting the indignity of the act. "I have legs you know!"

ryuuto continued walking ignoring fens attacks "your in no condition to walk and you need medical attention so im carrying you to the closest village"

"Ryuuto... Ryuu?" Alice said questioningly if it was alright to call him Ryuu. "My name's Alice" she then answered to his question.

Alice saw Fen looking at her and he was about to shout something about saying something when he yelled at Ryuuto to put him down and Alice said to Fen, "I think he's right..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucy followed suit staying quiet as she ran to catch up to them, slowing her pace when she reached Alice. She continued to hide her face with her white hair that flowed gracefully around her.
I hope he's ok. I'm such a fool.

"What do you mean I need--" Fen realized his entire right arm was laced in darkness. He never usually let it progress this far. His senses were still disoriented, and he now felt the throb behind his right eye. Oh no... Fen's shocked expression shifted when he heard the girl say her name. Alice is it? He smiled at her, without absorbing what else she was saying. Nice name.

This guy's shoulder's may be strong, but they were sure uncomfortable to be hung over. His chest compressed with every alternate stride the boy took and Fen dangled like a sack of potatoes. He spotted the pale lady again. She was hiding behind her hair, he could tell. "Why so sheepish over there?" He enjoyed the revenge of a simple mocking.

"Lucy, are you alright?" Alice asked as Lucy covered her face with her white hair and saw just in time to catch Fen smile at her as she spoke to Lucy. When Alice saw his smile, she blushed slightly and turned to face Lucy. What's wrong with me? Alice mentally asked herself. Heh, your pretty dense, Dead Alice mumbled. What's that supposed to mean? She asked. Not telling, Dead Alice replied, making Alice pout. Snapping out of her conversation in her head, she heard Fen mock Lucy and frowned at him.

Reactions: Revv
'Hmm?' She flipped her hair back, brushing the strays out of her face and smiling sweetly at Alice. 'Yes, thank you.'

Alice saw Lucy smiling sweetly at her and smiled back instantly when she was thanked. No one ever thanked me before... Alice thought to herself. That's because your a monster, Dead Alice answered for her. Don't forget what your supposed to do, she reminded Alice. I know, Alice sighed thanking Dead Alice sarcastically for reminding her.

Alice shot him disgusted look and realized he was out of line. Sorry. Now he was the one looking sheepish. He had lost track of what was going on during his semi-conscious state. Last he saw clearly was a glimpse of the pale lady's tongue directed at him. It occurred to him then that he didn't even know the boy he was riding on. Probably for the best.

That smile. He was witnessing a new side of Alice he hadn't seen before. Before her smile had a wicked spark to it, innocent but mischievous. Now it seemed genuine, natural even. Fen hit his head to interrupt his thought stream. Focus.

"So..." Fen looked looked slightly embarrassed to speak up "...where are we going again?" He looked to his cursed hand. "Normal medicine can't fix me..." Fen's eyes closed as if saddened by the statement.

"We're heading towards the mountains" Alice answered, observing Fen's expression slightly confused as to why he was embarrassed. Idiot, Dead Alice retorted. Am not, Alice protested. Beginning to ignore Dead Alice's insults, she heard Fen say sadly that normal medicine couldn't fix him and began to look concerned. What did he mean by it can't be fixed? Is it serious? Will he be ok? Alice asked in her head.

"Fen?" Alice said sounding a bit afraid. Unsure of herself why she was afraid. "You'll be ok... right?" She asked him.

The memory came back. Alice said his name before, just like that, when they were all still by the tree. It was pleading, and worried. He looked at her and softened his face. "I'm like you, remember?" His crimson eye twinkled devilishly. It was a curious contradiction to his blue one as he tried to give Alice a reassuring gaze.

The scenes that were blurred before played in his head now. Blue eyes glowed in the haze of Fen's mind. His expression fell to stone. No... He remembered the boy who carried him now.

Alice nodded hesitantly, looking into his crimson eyes and smiled at him when she saw his reassuring gaze. Yes, she remembered, thinking back to the time of their first encounter.

Alice then turned towards Lucy and asked curiously, "Lucy, why do you want to go to the mountains so badly?" All of a sudden, she saw Fen's eyes begin to glow and his expression changed. "Is something wrong?" Alice asked him. Maybe he wasn't alright after all...

(sorry, had to edit my last post to maintain continuity with Fen's appearance :P Get's confusing haha)

'Hmm?' She looked up, hesitant to answer the question. She wanted to lie but these people all seems so nice. 'I-i umm... I heard there was a powerful dragon that lived up there. I wanted to become more powerful...' She hid her face with her white hair, embarrassed to have to explain how weak she was. 'I faint if i draw too much power from my friend here.' Pointing to her weasel on her shoulders.

"A dragon... But didn't Ryuu say that it was long time ago when they believed that dragons lived there? That means that people aren't for sure that a dragon lives there right now" Alice stated. "What are you going to do when there really aren't dragons up there?" She said as she kept her gaze on Fen to make sure he was really alright.

'It may or may not be true but i have to try.' Peeking through her hair she saw that Alice's gaze never strayed from Fen. I wonder why she is so fascinated by that boy? 'We should be more worried about Fen then my weakness anyway.' She mumbled.

Fen wanted to interrupt and break the pleasantries. A deadly rage smoldered in his chest. He knew this boy. Hunter! Fen's thoughts spat at the boy beneath him, suddenly disgusted with his awkward situation. His teeth clenched and fists tightened as the rage grew inside. You're a dead man. Fen's wished he thoughts could kill. The animation of Alice's voice broke his spell and the levity of the situation became clear to him. He had to play dumb. Bide his time.. or he might endanger Alice's life. The one person his mind dared to call 'friend'--or she was familiar at least.

He looked over, only to realize he was being stared at. "Sorry... my chest is hurting again" he told them, trying to relax. It's just a white lie.

"But he's still there", Fen cut into the girls' conversation, "the dragon, I mean". He looked from Alice to the other girl, weighing something in his mind before speaking. "He taught me how to..." he rubbed at the aching in his neck. The darkness still coursed through his skin. Fen's voice grew distant, "... cleanse my curse". Or at least control it some.

Fen felt a sympathy for the pale girl. He knew what it was like to feel weak. "What's his name?" Fen nodded to the little nimble creature on the girl's shoulder, "wait--" People before pets, stupid. "--what's your name?" He had a new interest in her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.