Welcome to the Exo War Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every other starting when I meant :D

@PenguinFalcon- I haven't set an official date yet, although tentatively I'd like to try for 5/30 at 7pm Georgia time. When it gets closer to that time, I'll make an official announcement; right now it's guesswork with my thesis getting reviewed for defense.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dip and Falcon
Okay folks, run free until 5/25! On the 25th I'll move things forward, but in the meantime I'd like to see you guys interacting with each other. It can be back-and-forth short posts or a longer, collab post between the two of you. Either works for me, but make sure you've done one or the other by the 25th :)

I will be checking in once a day (Sunday and Monday may be sparse, we'll be on the road then). As for meeting, it may be harder to reserve a chat box than to simply use google hangout. I'm going to test google hangout soon, and once I do, I'll give you guys the final word on where and when we'll meet. In the meantime, feel free to keep using PM or the OOC thread/

Reactions: - Falcon -
I may not be on much this week, but I'll try to get something in ^^

• Love
Reactions: Midian
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I got my new computer today. It's blue. I love it.

EXPECT REPLIES TO COME OUT OF THIN AIR.

• Love
Reactions: Midian and Falcon
News Post

Hi guys, after a little consideration, if you're going to do a back and forth with someone's character, I'd prefer it to be a collab post between the two of you rather than a series of short ones, this will keep the thread neater and it's easier for me to keep track of.

Thanks guys! As usual, PM me if you need anything or have any questions/concerns.

• Love
Reactions: Dip
Sorry it's taking me so long to post my character. Works been kicking my ass lately. I'll have it up before the week is out though.

Hi @Jack Ethan Doyle, please PM me about your character like I asked in the invite PM. He is too much like Henry of PenguinFalcon's, and we don't really need any more noble characters as well. We do need some more medics or mechanics, however.

YEAH!! WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE EDDIE!!

5092-1999931095_zps2d7487b6-1_zps511b4d8e.jpg

name:Leon Corvinus
DOB: 03/22
socioeconomic class: High middle
weapons smith
height: 5'9"
physical description: Leon is a walking juggernaut. built like a tank with a barrel chest, strong arms and muscles that look like they've been carved from living bronze. his eye is a deep, piercing steel blue (lost his right eye the day his mother and sisters were killed during a home invasion by a competitor and now wears a black eye patch over an experimental cybernetic eye) and he has a mane of flaming red hair sitting atop his head. he's usually found wearing all black including a pair of steel toe boots and armor backed half finger gloves (when he isn't at the forge working)
---------------
skill point allotment (40 points)
Reflexes/speed 10
strategy 2
coopreration 2
offence/weapons 10
stealth 2
medical 2
defense 2
mechanics/repair 10
-------------------------
Family: Lucian Corvinus: Father and former master (Leon was his apprentice and Lucian is dead)
Alex and Elizabeth Corvinus: Leon's sisters (twins. they are dead)
Rachael Corvinus: Mother (dead)
Interests: Crafting weapons, piloting a mech, and kipping it operational
Other skills (up to 3):
Swordsmanship and marksmanship
strengths (up to 5):
weaknesses (up to 7):
trusting others, his fear of failure, his....discomfort with heights, how adamant he is, and his temper at times (certain things will cause his anger to flair up. i.e. asking about his family.)
------------------------------
character trajectory beginning: a hard working individual who is struggling to keep up with the orders placed at the shop he inherited from his late father.
character trajactory by end: to be a champion mech pilot or die trying.
fears and their influence: Failure: his father was very strict and he was unable to save his mother and sisters while his father was out buying supplies. his father was killed six months later and he was unable to prevent the murder of his family
heights: he fell from the attic and into the unlit furnace of his family's forge in his house which doubles as the shop his father runs or should i say ran. Leon runs the shop these days since his family was killed. after his mother and sisters were killed, Lucian was reduced to a drunk due to the cold blooded murders of his wife and daughters and then killed six months later at the bar.
Aspirations and their influence: to raise his family's reputation: the attack and murder of his family was one cause. the other is to prove that nobody can completely eliminate the Corvinus family's standing by acts of cowardice.
To become the best pilot: his fear of failure and his stubborn will to succeed no matter the what the odds against him are.
personalities they work well with: people who are humble, polite, courageous, and honest.
personalities they don't work well with: those who act like they're better than others, criminals, cowards, and people who are abrasive.
History: Leon, the son of Lucian and former apprentice, had a happy life working alongside his father in his forge until a tragic home invasion claimed the lives of not only his mother, but his two sisters. his father was out gathering supplies for the shop he lived over. the assailants severely wounded Leon and claimed his right eye. When Lucian came home, he was devastated. he personally buried his wife and two daughters and started drinking heavily, leaving Leon to run the forge. Leon's father was killed six months after he buried his wife and daughters at the bar he frequented. the murderer was never caught and Leon continued to fall behind in the forge. with orders pilling up, Leon had two choices. one, go under or step up and advance. he chose the latter and has been training to be a pilot ever since. he had inherited everything from his family, but had nobody in his family to fall back on. he closed the shop, hid the weapons and tools before he departed and hasn't looked back. He doesn't talk about his past and he prefers to keep it that way.

(W.I.P.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Hey Victor, everything is looking good except for his age. The oldest a student can be when entering the academy is 17. Otherwise, I'm really digging him! I'm going to go ahead and approve him since you've got basically all of the CS filled out, although I'll keep checking for the parts you have to finish.

Hey Victor, everything is looking good except for his age. The oldest a student can be when entering the academy is 17. Otherwise, I'm really digging him! I'm going to go ahead and approve him since you've got basically all of the CS filled out, although I'll keep checking for the parts you have to finish.
age edited and the only thing i have left to add is the picture i have saved on my phone.

Ryzler5551888c26c52.jpg

[From left to right: Casual clothes, formal attire and shop-floor clothes (mechanic) .]

Name: Eric Lance.
DOB: 14th July.
Socioeconmic Class: Lower class.
Height: 5'8
Physical Description: About average height of someone his age and very thin. He has long black hair that he keeps tied back. When working on the shop-floor, repairing mechs, he usually lets his hair down.
---------------
Skill Point Allotment (40 points)
Reflexes/speed: 6.
Strategy: 3.
Cooperation: 6.
Offense/Weapons: 1.
Stealth: 1.
Medical: 5.
Defense: 3.
Mechanics/Repair: 5.
Family:

Father (steel worker), mother (wife / home maker), younger sister (student), younger brother (student).
Interests: Building and working on mechs, cars, engines and machinery.
Other Skills (up to 3): Mechanical knowledge and expertise.
Strengths (up to 5): From a poor family, great mechanic.
Weaknesses (up to 7): Bad in a fight, infuriated by setbacks, jealous of wealthy people who have never had to work to get where they are and he is also easily angered.
------------------------------
Character Trajectory Beginning: Distant from others due to secluding himself to work on engines, and the likes.
Character Trajectory by End: More sociable and doesn't view machines as more important than other people.
Fears and Their Influence: Afraid of not understanding others = Lead to his initial seclusion from others to work on old engines.
Aspirations and Their Influence: Building his own mech model = Constantly driving him to be a better mechanic and engineer.
Personalities they work well with: Relaxed, other mechanics and people with interests.
Personalities they don't work well with: Authoritative, stuck up, critical and arrogant people.
History:

Eric grew up in a small family, in a small house, living with very little. Lacking most modern commodities and luxuries he took to the only thing he had: Scrap. Using spare metal that his father often brought home he learn how to build small engines. Soon his love of machinery lead him becoming distanced from other people.
By the age of ten he was working as an oiler for an engineering firm and building cars in his spare time. The more he worked on machinery the less he interacted with other people, furthermore the less he interacted with other people the more he want to make up for it by working on machinery.
At the age of fifteen he joined the school and has since been working hard to be the best engineer that he can possibly be. One day Eric hopes to develop and build his own model of Exo.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Anytime! I will be posting the next moving-along post on 5/25, so you're welcome to post before if you can get a post up before then. Otherwise you new guys' deadline is 5/31 for your first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.