Welcome to the Exo War Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Killako, as long as people are not approved, the slots are still open. I only count slots as full once I've approved the player for the RP. So please do submit a character profile!

Also, @Dip - I'm going ahead and approving Cy! Take the time you need with computers, and thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dip - Just a heads up, the tiny font you've been using on your char sheets is killer on my eyes. If you could keep your posts default (3) or larger I'd greatly appreciate it ^_^

• Useful
Reactions: Dip

Name: Lycus Stark
DOB: April 1st
Socioeconmic Class: Middle
Height: 5'4"
Physical Description: Lycus was born with fiery red hair and gold-flecked green eyes. He is lean but muscular(built for speed) under a greyish vest and dark blazer he wears when not Exoing.

During Exo:

---------------
Skill Point Allotment (40 points)
Reflexes/speed 17
Strategy 0
Cooperation 4
Offense 4
Stealth 11
Medical 0
Defense 2
Mechanics/Repair 2
-------------------------
Family: Mother(former technician), Father(Exo Engineer)
Interests: Mechas, Archery, Rock Climbing
Other Skills (up to 3): Slight Technical Skills
Strengths (up to 5): Quick, silent, fast, sneaky
Weaknesses (up to 7): not strong, loner, easily pressured, nervous, cant take hits very well
------------------------------

Character Trajectory at Beginning: Pressed by parents, confused, easily swayed, loner, very alone

Character Trajectory at End: Not a leader, more like an omega, can be alone, can follow orders, usually works alone, self-confident, aware of others, mostly solo team.

Fears and Their Influence: Failure - very nervous, losing - intense training addict

Aspirations and Their Influence: Find self = will become more developed. Please parents - Will try very hard to be the best.

Personalities they work well with: At the beginning no-body, at the end - everybody (minus exceptions below)

Personalities they don't work well with: People who think they can control him, want to control him

History:
Lycus grew up surrounded by Exos. His father was an engineer, and his mother was a technicial. Lycus was a of humble origins, and his dream at first was to become the Exo warrior. With his skill and strategy, he would outmanuver the enemy and attack them head-on and destroy them. His parents strongly disapproved. They had seen so many other go out into the field with dreams of glory and come home in a box.

At first, they disapproved of their sons dreams, and attempted to force him into something else. However, it was clear, even at the age of 7, Lycus would not take no for an answer. His parents eventually acquiesced, but on one condition. He was not to be a frontline Exo Fighter. Instead, they took it upon themselves to teach him a new form of Exo combat, one based around stealth and speed. Lycus took to it like a fish to water. He relished this new form of training and thrived in their garage, where a makeshift dodging filed was setup for him to learn to be sneaky an never take any hits.

They eventually registered Lycus for Exo Traning on the condition that he must pass Traning without taking a single hit. They would be monitoring his scores, and if he ever took a single hit in an official fight, he would be pulled out of Training and brought home. Lycus agreed.

Due to his drive in becoming an Exo warrior, he was considered a loner in school. Lycus hoped to use this opportunity to build friendships and become the Stealth arm of a strong leader who knew how to use him to strike at the enemy's blind spots and cripple them from the inside out.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midian
I will post a character

I'd like to join if spots are still available?

@Killako - You're approved!

So thus far we have three players aside from myself: Springfalcon, Dip, and Killako. I'd like to have one more player approved before I post the IC thread and first post. So essentially, it will be first come, first served.

Once we get our final player I'll make another post about the optional meeting time and what I'd like some of the first posts to do. I'm loving the crewI have so far!

Reactions: - Falcon -
@Aeronfarron- Just as a quick note (and I don't think I've told anyone yet), the RP will start with them getting accepted into the Exo school. They do have some semi-public schooling, if you'd like for her to have attended that instead. Nonetheless, you are approved!

However, keep in mind what you know about her piloting skils; you'll need them eventually.

And that closes character submissions for the RP!

@Aeronfarron- Just as a quick note (and I don't think I've told anyone yet), the RP will start with them getting accepted into the Exo school. They do have some semi-public schooling, if you'd like for her to have attended that instead. Nonetheless, you are approved!

However, keep in mind what you know about her piloting skils; you'll need them eventually.

And that closes character submissions for the RP!
Thanks! I'd like for her to have semi-public schooling.

I will.

News Post

Hi folks! Since we've closed signups and you've been approved, I'd like to go ahead and lay out what's coming in the immediate future.

First: I will be making the first IC thread post possibly a bit sooner than 5/16, but that does not move up the date you guys have to make your first post by (5/25). You can post sooner, but it isn't required. I'm going to take a little time to consider your characters' fears, personalities, strengths, and weaknesses in order to tailor the broad plot points to them. You might get some messages from me in the meantime about those plot points.

Second: This is not mandatory, but I'd like to find a time we can all (or mostly) get together once every other week to talk about plotting, characters, and general RP stuff. Right now I'm not entirely sure where this will happen. If we can get a chat box on Iwaku, we'll met here. If not, it's free to make a Google Plus account and we can use the Hangout feature to meet. If you have a Google Plus Account or make one for this RP, you can find me under the name Midian and this same avatar.

So please post the days and times you are available as they'd be in Eastern Standard Time (use the Macon, Georgia option for me). Here is a converter to help.

I can be available 5-10 Monday-Friday and then 3-10pm Saturday-Sunday.

Third: In your first post to the IC thread, give us an intro to your character, what they're life, what their home life is, etc., and get them to the academy steps. I'll handle the acceptance announcements in a later post.

• Love
Reactions: Dip
I can be available 7-10 Monday-Friday and all day Saturday-Sunday.

• Useful
Georgia time Tues- Fri 8-12 All day Saturday. I'd rather not meet on Sunday or Monday at all.

• Useful
My schedule changes week to week due to my work. best times are at night for me all week. Like 11-4am.

• Useful
Here's that second character I wanted to toss in

• SydneySchool.jpg Sydney.jpg
    Name: Sydney Carton
    DOB: May 25
    Socioeconmic Class: Low-Middle
    Height: 4'4"
    Physical Description: Tiny, gangling, thin frame, looks like she could easily be broken in half. pale blonde hair and blue eyes, her pasty complexion always looks a bit on the ill side. Small hands with thin fingers. Small feet she constantly trips over. Small scar on her right cheek, mole under her left eye.
    ---------------
    Skill Point Allotment (40 points)
    Reflexes/speed
    Strategy
    Cooperation - 3
    Offense/Weapons - 8
    Stealth
    Medical - 5
    Defense - 15
    Mechanics/Repair - 9
    Family: Mother (laundress), Father (Exo Mechanic), Grandmother

Interests: Card games, animals, building models, sculpting (usually animals)

Other Skills (up to 3):
    • drawling/sculpting/art
    • plays poker
    • quick study when it comes to how things work
    Strengths (up to 5):
    • quick wit
    • not afraid to voice her opinion
    • generous with the little she has
    • Willingness to try new things
    • can follow instructions
    Weaknesses (up to 7):
    • Weak constitution, easily sick
    • Loud mouth, doesn't always think before speaking
    • Physically weak
    • A bit naive on how the world works
    • Can be reckless
    • Clumsy

------------------------------
    Character Trajectory Beginning: A bit bratty and loud, too quick to speak, cares deeply for her friends but doesn't always know how to be helpful.

Character Trajectory by End: Capable of doing what is needed to care for and protect her friends

Fears and Their Influence: getting sick and being unable to do her job - leads to a bit of paranoia about germs, being unable to help those she cares for - leads to a loud mouth and unsolicited opinions since she believes the only help she can give is advice and/or telling people to sod off as needed.

Aspirations and Their Influence: To be a strong Pilot - lead her to always do her best when she is able, and to look for short cuts when she is not.

Personalities they work well with:Sydney works well with most people so long as they can handle her loud nature and quick tongue.

Personalities they don't work well with: Bullies, people who live in their own bubble all the time.
    History:
    Sydney grew up around Mechs. her father was always bringing pieces home to work on at the kitchen table, much to her mother's annoyance. While Sydney didn't realty enjoy the taking things apart and piecing them together the way her father did, she did enjoy learning what he could teach her. Sydney's real desire was to pilot one of these beautiful creations. not for the joy of flight exactly, but because the suit could give her everything she could never gain on her own. Size, and the strength to protect her friends.

Sydney, has a weak constitution. She caught every illness that ever went around, and spent a great deal of time indoors, models, sculpting, and looking at books about animals, leading to her pale looks and frail appearance. When she did get to go out and about with her school mates she often ended up with the quieter kids as her lack of physical strength limited her activity level. Her little group was often the target of bullies. Sydney has a big mouth and was perfectly capable of talking the talk, when it came to the follow through . . . well it didn't take much to put her out of the game. Over time she became determined to find a way to get better and obtain the strength to protect the little guy. Just as an ETA student once protected her, but that's another story.

As she grew older she began to beg to join the school, and eventually her parents agreed, provided her doctor saw no reason for objection. Sydney was told that if she passed she could stay as long as her health allowed.

As a pilot - They call Sydney "The Wall". She may not be good for much else, or think she isn't, but she will be a shield for her companions, marching into the fray and placing herself between them and any danger for as long as she can last or until retreat is complete. Her mechanical skills give her a decent understanding of what kind of damage her suit can and cannot take, ensuring she can outlast the barrage as long as she has too.

• The General

sydney_and_her_mecha_suit_by_ncroberts-d8ztjfl.png

Pilot: Sydney
    Suit Class:
    Heavy​
    Defense​
    3 Base Tools:
    • Expandable energy shield,
    • Solar shoulder cannons,
    • Long-range grappling hook in right arm

Base Strengths:
    Heavy armor, wheels contained in legs for better mobility, High durability, defensive shield​

Base Weaknesses:
    Offensive weaponry, slow​

Removable Armor Type:
    None​

Colors:
    Teal, Silver, Bronze​

Control System:
    Seated​

Last edited:
  • Love
My schedule is subject to changes, but I'm working on getting a computer soon!! My grandfather has one that needs fixing up, but as long as it has a keyboard, a relatively quick processor and working internet, I'm set!!

As of now, I'm in the musical Les Miserables and I'm going to be auditioning for Fiddler on the Roof soon. Next week, I start teaching a vacation bible school to some Catholic kids, but that's just a few times in the morning, about 7 to 3 or so. I will be sure to find out about when everything falls in place, but as soon as I get a computer, I will let you all know ASAP!!

Other than that conflict, I will be starting summer classes again, like last summer (for those of you in Quiet Country People, this was what made my replies late last time). I leave at 8, have classes at 9, and get done at 5. That's for six weeks, but I have weekends off. That should be fine, as far as plotting and role-playing go, but I wanted to let you guys know because there are internet conflicts at the dorms, as well.

My Google+ account name is 'Mærius J. Porter' if we do go on for that, if not, I'd give my skype and/or my personal/work e-mail, or any other form of contact.

Challenge Post
(thanks to PenguinFalcon for the idea)

In Only one word, answer these questions about your character(s). This isn't mandatory! But they're usually fun :)

What is your temper like?
Who makes you angry?
What makes you angry?
What smells like home?
What tastes like home?
What threatens you?
What empowers you?
Where do you hide?
Where do you feel free?

Addie

What is your temper like? Mosquito
Who makes you angry? Pushers
What makes you angry? Elbows
What smells like home? Bleach
What tastes like home? Toothpaste
What threatens you? Weirdness
What empowers you? Pursuit
Where do you hide? High
Where do you feel free? Unseen

Isaac

What is your temper like? Corrosion
Who makes you angry? Bigwigs
What makes you angry? Bloodshed
What smells like home? Ash
What tastes like home? Bread
What threatens you? Cronyism
What empowers you? Work
Where do you hide? Animals
Where do you feel free? Nowhere

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
So it looks like everyone is pretty free on Saturdays. Can we agree to a meeting time on every other Saturday, let's say at 8pm eastern standard time?

That's what, 6 my time right? works for me ^^

Henry
What is your temper like? Subdued
Who makes you angry? Hypocrites
What makes you angry? Injustice
What smells like home? Rain
What tastes like home? Cuisine
What threatens you? Expectations
What empowers you? Choices
Where do you hide? Masks
Where do you feel free? Nonexistent

Sydney
What is your temper like? Flash-paper
Who makes you angry? Entitled
What makes you angry? Disrespect
What smells like home? Machine-oil
What tastes like home? Static
What threatens you? Illness
What empowers you? Perseverance
Where do you hide? Open
Where do you feel free? Driving

• Love
So it looks like everyone is pretty free on Saturdays. Can we agree to a meeting time on every other Saturday, let's say at 8pm eastern standard time?
Sure. How are we meeting?

Lycus

What is your temper like? Nonexistant
Who makes you angry? Bullies
What makes you angry? Control
What smells like home? Lasers
What tastes like home? Mats
What threatens you? Expectations
What empowers you? Myself
Where do you hide? Within
Where do you feel free? Always

• Love
I may have to miss that, but for good reason!! I'll be getting my new laptop that day/evening.

Did we even set a day for sure yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.