Welcome to the Exo War Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to @Jack Ethan Doyle for helping me test the google hangout! Everything went pretty smoothly, and we'll look at having our first serious one on 6/13, a Saturday. Would an earlier time of, say, 5pm or 6pm EST work any better for you guys?

Oh, it's good to hear that the hangout ran swell!! I'll read/look over any notes, if there are some. Saturday would work better for me-- say, sometime around 2-ish. I nailed my new audition, and I'll have rehearsal from 7 PM to... sometime in the evening, plus a 45 minuet commute there and back. That's Monday-Thursday, and then I have classes from 9 AM to 5 PM on Monday-Thursday, and then I leave campus sometime on Friday.

My current musical is nearing it's end, and I'll be free by the 12th at the latest. I'll write a blog entry on this issue ASAP!!

• Thank You
Reactions: Midian
Challenge Post

Character Multimedia Challenge, or thinking abstractly about your character

A little semi-silly fun to help us think about our characters. I'll give some categories below, and you can fill out as many or as few for your character as you'd like. And with the ones you choose, please tell us why you chose that. It's fun character insight :)

Character as a...

Theme song?
Type of food?
Smell?
Color palette/color(s)?
Landscape?
Type of book?
Dog breed?
Type of animal in general?
Weather pattern?
Feel free to make up your own!

Reactions: - Falcon -
challenge-accepted-how-i-met-your-mother1.jpg

• Love
Theme song?
[Youtube]

Type of food?
Cinnamon

Smell?
Apple Cinnamon

Color palette/color(s)?
Red and Black

Landscape?
Volcano crag

Type of book?
Choose Your Own Adventure

Dog breed?
Japanese Akita (Akita Inu)
Cape Buffalo

Weather pattern?
Wildfire

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
June Calendar (Tentative)

GM Turnover Posts (the days your posts are due by)
6/7
6/14
6/23 (Mo)
6/28

Google Hangout Meetings at 5pm EST
6/13
6/27

Other Notes
I will be defending my thesis on June 22nd, so from the 19th to the 22nd I'll likely be offline preparing for that. Other than that, my month is month is fairly free unless I have to make final revisions quickly. If that's the case, I'll update the calendar and make a post about it.

Reactions: - Falcon - and Dip
Addie

Type of food
Scrambled eggs with bacon and peppers
-
Smell
Fresh grass after rain
-
Color palette/color(s)
Sky blue, gold, light green, brown
-
Landscape
Rolling plains
-
Type of book
Illustrated encyclopedia
-
Dog breed?
Italian Greyhound
-
Giraffe
-
Weather pattern?
Windy

Isaac

Theme Song

Type of food
Molasses candy
-
Smell
Hay
-
Color palette/color(s)
Tan, rust, emerald
-
Landscape
Canyon
-
Type of book
History book
-
Dog breed
Border collie
-
Type of animal in general
Horse
-
Weather pattern
Thunderstorm

Fight Stats

So some notes on this fight:
  • Outcomes for this fight are based first on skill sets. Since this is a plain, bare-knuckle fight, strength, offense, and defense are priorities. If two characters' skill sets are very similar, it's decided by dice roll. Odd, your character wins. Even, they lose the fight. I'm using this site set on a 1:1 roll.
  • Whether you win or lose, make your character's strength and weaknesses the reason. No lucky wins or losses.
  • I've made pairs based on roughly who is standing by who the last time we all posted.

To play this fight, you can have your character and the thug do whatever you'd like as long as you adhere to stats and the determined outcome. You can also write in them helping the other player's character, but no whiteknight total rescues unless the other person is okay with it. Keep your stats in mind.

Emily Desjardins vs. Quinn Dunn (Skill victor Quinn)

Emily:
Reflexes/Speed: 6
Strategy: 4
Defense: 9
Offense/Weapons: 10
Cooperation: 0
Stealth: 7
Medical: 2
Mechanics/Repair: 2

Thug 1 vs. Eric and Eddie (Skill victor Thug)
Reflexes/Speed: 9
Strategy: 8
Defense: 4
Cooperation: 3
Stealth: 4
Medical: 0
Mechanics/Repair: 2

Thug 2 vs. Sydney and Lycus (Dice Victory, 5. Sydney and Lycus)
Reflexes/Speed: 2
Defense: 15
Cooperation: 7
Stealth: 2
Mechanics/Repair: 0

Thug 3 vs. Isaac and Cy (Skill victory, Thug) Note on this fight: Isaac is going to walk away and leave Cy in the lurch.
Reflexes: 9
Strategy: 9
Defense: 8
Offense/Weapons: 4
Cooperation: 8
Stealth: 0
Medical: 2

Thug 4 vs. Leon and Addie (Skill victory, Leon and Addie)
Reflexes: 6
Strategy: 8
Defense: 2
Cooperation: 0
Stealth: 10
Medical: 4

Thug 5 vs. Henry (Dice Roll victory, Thug)
Reflexes: 11
Strategy: 3
Defense: 11
Offense: 10
Cooperation: 1
Stealth: 4

See if you guys can get your posts up by the 7th, but we won't make that a hard and fast date. I will definitely need them by the next official post date on the June calendar. If you want to collaborate, please do! Those of you with gmail accounts may find collaborating through a Google doc very easy and helpful. If your character is with mine, feel free to ask me for a collab post.

A little fight music for you all <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry
Theme song?
Type of food? Vanilla orange custard
Smell? old books
Color palette/color(s)? Browns and greens
Landscape?garden
Type of book?Bible/philosphy
Dog breed? He's a cat person
Type of animal in general? Hawk
Weather pattern?rain

Sydney
Theme song?
Type of food? Peanut butter and honey
Smell? fresh baked bread
Color palette/color(s)? Blues and greens
Landscape? the view of the city from the upper levels
Type of book? Comic books
Dog breed? Old English Sheep Dog
Type of animal in general? ANY!
Weather pattern? Sun

• Love
Hey Dip (I think you play Eddie) .. If you want to collab with Google Docs then just post a time to meet you on Google + .. Whenever is good for me except today

Yup, @Dip plays Eddie and Cy. You can tag people by adding an "@" in front of their name, and then selecting their profile from the dropdown menu that should appear :)

Ahhh!!! Sorry I couldn't get to this sooner, Jack!. I'll be able to do some plotting for a little bit today-- I can PM you right now, and we can think of something to do.

@Midian ; I have a performance tonight, and I'll be leaving at 5:30 ish and be back at 10:30 ish. I can get a post started after the play, and I can get the rest done in the morning. I just need to review Eddie's stats, and determine if she has to loose a tooth or kick someone's ass.

• Love
djZHYka.jpg

Name: Jason Tierney
DOB:12th May
Socioeconomic Class: Lower-Middle Class
Height: 6'00
Physical Description: Broad shoulders and a generally lean, well-toned figure with a lightly-tanned complexion. Long-legs that generally possess more strength than the upper body and a generally skinny body.
---------------
Skill Point Allotment (40 points)
Reflexes/speed:5
Cooperation: 5
Offense/Weapons:3
Stealth:2
Medical:3
Defense:4
Mechanics/Repair:14
-------------------------

Family: Jason's mother is a housewife while his late father was a factory worker who lost his life when one of the factory machines that he was working on exploded due to overheating. Jason has a younger brother who is 11 years old.
Interests: Jason takes interest in sketching, repairing old stuff and renewing it to a better, more workable version.
Other Skills (up to 3): His secondary skills involve cooking, creating scale models of objects and singing.
Strengths (up to 5): His caring and selfless nature, incorruptible nature, immense willpower, his humour and his ability to read people.
Weaknesses (up to 7): Spiders, discouraging comments, low self confidence
------------------------------

Character Trajectory Beginning:Jason was a very shy boy who was unsure of himself at the beginning, afraid of loud, commanding people and afraid of what people would say about his actions. His shyness also made it difficult for him to make friends.
Character Trajectory by End: Increased self-confidence, surety in what he was doing and better idea of what he had to do in order to achieve the desired results.
Fears and Their Influence: Shyness led to having lesser friends, low self-confidence led to undesirable results and fear of what people would say led to withdrawn nature.
Aspirations and Their Influence: Desire to become a better concept artist led to him increase the amount of his sketching, desire to become a better mechanic led to him joining the academy.
Personalities they work well with: Open-minded, knowledgeable, people with ample expertise in field
Personalities they don't work well with: Worrywarts, easy-going, freeloaders
-------------------------
History: Jason was always a very responsible, serious child who would not stand for any kind of monkey-business when he's engaged in something that he likes working on. After his father passed away having been caught in the machine explosion on the factory, it was up to him to earn and at the same time, since his mother constantly suffered from tuberculosis, he also had to look after his younger brother while serving as an apprentice at a local mechanic shop repairing everything from mobile phones to surveillance software all the while increasing his own knowledge, all at the age of 13. The shop owner, having taken a liking to him decided to teach him the mechanics of how even more complex machinery worked, machinery like basic mecha hardware and software. The wages that he received were reasonable.

Having collected enough money by the age of 15, he was able to treat his mother and afford her medicines, so he went for it.

One day, at the age of 16, he went to the shop and found it ransacked by what seemed to be a biker gang and the shop owner badly beaten up. The shopkeeper, being old and weak of constitution succumbed to his wounds in the hospital and with his dying breath, left everything to Jason having no next of kin to call on.

Jason realized with a heavy heart that he had no future in the small shop, no matter how many repairing contracts he got everyday and so, with what money the shopkeeper had left him and his own resources, he decided to give the shop a backseat and enrolled at the school.

As a mechanic of immense talent and a human being with uncanny willpower, Jason hopes to push on make some of the best, cutting edge hardware and software for the Exo pilots so that they can hold their own in the battlefield with a solid backing on all sides. His motto is, "If you can think it, I can make it." He also hopes to make some friends and get rid of this loneliness that always haunts him.

Let's welcome Aldriem to the RP! Some of the invites I sent were not accepted, so Aldriem here is going to be joining us instead!

Welcome to the mechanic squad! I'll be taking some welding classes next semester. Woo!

Another mechanic .. We can start our own club xD

• Love
Reactions: Dip
Status
Not open for further replies.