Welcome to the Exo War Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
AceSorcerer .. Is his father based off of Blackbeard? .. It's just the name, can't be a coincidence

Yes, actually. I had a subplot involving him that has been heavily modified at the GM's request.

Reactions: Jack Doyle
News Post

1. There are now buttons at the tops of both the OOC and the IC thread each linking to the other in case you need to switch between the threads quickly. They will be at the top of each thread.

2. If you do a collab post, make sure you say with who! I saw a great one in the IC thread and wanted to make sure I had given credit for posting to everyone involved.

3. My post on the 25th will be fairly short and allow one more week (until 5/31) for everyone, including new invites, to mingle and interact. The reason is that I'm finishing revisions on a draft of my Masters thesis and that draft is due by the 26th. My defense is potentially coming up and has to take precedence.

4. I am still working out a place for us to meet and plot, so stay tuned. That will be my next big project after this next draft gets turned in.

5. I'm seeing a lot of fantastic posts from everyone, keep up the good work and don't hesitate to spam me with ideas, plot requests, and etc.!

It's funny how Eric calls her short and yet...he's only an inch taller than her XD

As a quick note to everyone, the person bothering Quinn was a girl, Emily Desjardin. I think a couple of you wrote her as a guy, but alas. However, I did love Quinn's come back. 1000 sass points!

And @Victor Markov - Did you make a short post so you and/or someone else could do a collab? If so, that's fine, but make sure the collab is all in one post. Otherwise you'll need to work up a longer reply.

As for meetings, I'd like to propose doing it through Google+ Hangouts. Making a gmail account and having a Google+ profile is free, and that would allow you guys to collaborate through Google Docs and have skype-like Google hangout sessions where we can plot. My Google+ account is only for RPing, so there wouldn't be annoying personal/etc. spam. The entire process is also extremely easy, and collaboration would be easy since you both can edit the same document separately or in real-time, complete with in-document chat box.

The other alternative is Skype, but that doesn't allow for easy post collaboration and, quite frankly, I find Skype to be pretty buggy. It is possible to also use a Cbox, but there is no official reservation calendar, and we run the risk of not being able to secure a Cbox consistently.

Whatever we choose, I will be posting a transcript of what we talk the following week, if not sooner, for those who can't make it. If you have an idea you want to pose and can't make it to the chat, PM it to me and I'll raise it in the meeting.

If possible, I'd love to get at least a majority vote on the meeting medium no later than 5/29 so we can try to prepare for a test run on 5/30 (Saturday) at 8pm Georgia time.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Google+ Hangouts would be best, I think. I've already got an account (as I'm sure many of you do). Furthermore it is better for collaborating on posts together, not to mention that I've always found skype to be slow and buggy.

So my vote goes to Google+ Hangouts

• Thank You
Reactions: Dip and Midian
I'm fine either way.

• Thank You
I vote Iwaku chat or Google (though I don't have Google)

• Thank You
I have both Google+ and Skype, so anything is fine!

Quick announcement, folks:

I will not be making a post on 5/31 since I have to turn in my next draft that evening. You guys are welcome to make posts interacting with each others' characters in collab posts if you like until 6/7, when I will post again.

In the meantime, I would like to have a very brief Google Hangout meeting, no more than 15 minutes, just to get the bugs worked out and make sure everyone is in my circles, etc. etc. You'll find me there as Midian, and it is totally free and easy to make a gmail and Google Plus account. I'll be starting one at 8pm Georgia time on 5/31 with anyone who has added me.

This is NOT mandatory, but I enjoy plotting with you guys, and so if you can, please do <3

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
That day might be tight for me. At 12:00PM central time, I have an audition for a musical, and then sometime at 3:00 I'll be moving into some dorms. By 5:00, I'll be doing tech/dress rehearsal for a musical I am currently in, and I doubt I'll get done by 8:00 PM.

You can still add me, and I can look over the notes!! My Google+ name is Mærius J. Porter. My email is [email protected]

I had to send you guys an email, but it looks like I've added you on Google Plus, thank you!

Don't forget, we're going to do a trial Google Hangout run tonight at 8pm Georgia (Eastern standard) time! I don't plan on this being more than 15-30 minutes tonight, we're just going to test the waters and see how things go.

So long as I'm not asleep I'll be there. It's three in the afternoon where i am and i worked last night and stayed up for church today.

Reactions: Midian
At the time of the trial hangout it will one in the morning where I am .. Though I will still be there .. But not sure how long for xD

Reactions: Midian
Do we convene in half an hour? Just want to make sure that I don't have my timezones mixed up

You are correct!

Also (and I'll post this on the first post too), but all of the RP and site rules apply to hangouts and the like. Basically, if I find out you're being a dick to another player on Google Plus, you're out of the game. However, I don't anticipate that happening ^_^

Reactions: Jack Doyle
Status
Not open for further replies.