I'm not sure how to have Emily reply. There's already significant tension in the group now. Can't think of anything besides having her sulk in the van.

Working on a post right now and I'm just wondering who will be left in the van besides Fianna and Emily? ^_^

Emily will likely cross her fingers and hope to be alone with her. ;)

Decided to take a page from Quaker and Ashen and have some fun comments thrown into location, time and such. Also, @DANAsaur Fianna had better not slip up when messing with Emily. We all already know what she's capable of, and if she be scorned she'll have a fury like which hell hath no.

• Haha
Reactions: DANAsaur
So, was wondering if I could edit my post so I'm talking to Matthew instead of Aiden. Feel like Myla could really play devil's advocate for Emily and get him to understand that - even though she may have gone too far with her powers - her options were pretty limited. Plus something along the lines of mutant prejudice yada-yada. @neobendium, @AshenAngel you guys okay with me editing later?

Reactions: AshenAngel
If @AshenAngel is okay with it, then....I guess I don't have many objections.

I'll edit when I get home then. Can't really do a good job on my phone ten minutes before work.

Finished edits. Think Myla's the heart of the group now!

There's just no convincing Matthew of anything, is there? You know, it's the people in the world who have automatically decided that they're right without listening to other sides that are the biggest dangers.

Matt did listen though. It's hard for Emily to reign in her power, and from what he's seen and heard so far has him thinking that maybe she lets her emotions take control. He saw her go overboard on Slate, and he was threatened by her in the van for, what, looking at her? (in Matt's mind at least, he isn't always perfectly self aware) He doesn't especially care if he comes across as an asshole, and he isn't going to lie or let things fester since he knows that that's worse. He tried to change the subject, only Liam answered the duck question and he's sorely disappointed in all of you except Liam lol, and he really didn't take well to the I coulda just killed him argument that Em made. After that he didn't have any reason to hold back since Slate is a decent person in Matt's book.

He already doesn't like people and trust is pretty nonexistent. Emotions aren't his thing, he knows physical tells when he sees them, and he needs to see people actively trying to be decent people in order for him to start to warm up to them. Hence why he was so surprised when Slate didn't just drop him in the fight, and is now trying to look out for the guy just a little bit.

Okay, that makes a little more sense. I've been interpreting Matt as being far more judgmental than all that. To Emily, he just seems like everyone else who has found out what she can do. For her, it may be that comments like "I could've killed him if I wanted" is her way of saying she was being nice, and was doing what she felt was actually the bare minimum. I'll admit, getting her to reign in her powers will be an issue, but hopefully that's what combat training is supposed to fix.

So how should Emily and Matt eventually reconcile? It doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon, as they're both a little abrasive, but eventually we need to come to an understanding.

I'd say probably give Matthew some time to mellow out again before trying to get him to re-evaluate the whole Emily thing. He's going to be much more quiet when he gets back in the van. Maybe there could be some kind of team building exercise in the coming week and between everyone this whole team thing is kind of a mess, especially with Matt and Emily, and everyone has to sit down and work out their issues. Or we have a movie night, and something along the lines of Aiden and Myla shoving them into a dark closet and screaming deal with your shit by the end of the movie lol, and they could try to at least sort out their differences.

But as far as the present conflict goes, Matt's said his piece about it now and is ready to just move on with life. Unless Emily's going to start on him again he'll be running on relatively quiet mode for the remainder of the day.

Reactions: noodle
I think Emily's a little distracted by Fianna at the moment. XD

That's fair. I actually see Myla trying to invite everyone to her apartment for such a movie night. Things start getting heated, and so they lock them in the closet. Que the joke that they aren't gonna start making out (cause Emily's gay), and they say they don't care and just want them to stop jumping at each other.

Movie night!! :D I like that idea.

I'll hopefully be posting soon. My computer is broken and I'm behind on a bunch of rp stuff from a week-long travel excursion. Just now starting to catch up.

So, Burlesque, Hairspray, or Mrs. Doubtfire for movie night?

Considering I've only seen Ms. Doubtfire, either that or a fourth option: Miss Congeniality

Oooooh, that's a fun one too.

Uh, Myla's a bit more action-oriented, so pretty sure none of these would be on her list.

The Princess Bride?

• Love