Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

'Being turned into yogurt?', Leon mentally repeated. That's just crazy talk! ...Actually, that sounds just insane enough for GM to do it. And then he'd add in Jalapeno peppers and put us into a freezer, so that we'd freeze and burn simultanously for all eternity. ...Yep, sounds like him allright.

"Still, we have to find a way to get it. As far as I can see, it's the only way to take him down," Leon stated as the two followed the cat across the road of shinyness. Oh, god, did I just say that? Taking down... GM?
For reasons that may be obvious, Leon suddenly stopped talking, then tried to divert the subject in an equally obvious fashion. "Say, what, err, happened to the others? At least, err, I thought there were a lot more of you when I, err, crashed into you? "

"Perhaps...Look we'll see..." Callum waited for Leon to finished before sighing. "We...had a disagreement...so...I left....and...then, Well the GM found me and we fought. He, killed....Kole." Callum closed his eyes. "I'm pretty sure he was going to kill me...but then he just....disappeared....I have no idea why" Callum frowned as he walked a little bit faster.

"Tch, They're probably off somewhere having fun...I shouldn't of left. All I've gotten is grief." Callum looked at Leon. "Um...no offense...but you seem a lot more sane....then the last time I saw you..."

Muse nodded at Books' response, gently scooping the girl up and carrying her in his arms. He looked out towards the bridge in front of them. Everyone seemed ready to cross. "Yup, lead the way." he told Rae as she was the first to step onto the bridge. He then gestured for Gwazi to go on ahead of him. "Books and I will stay in the back. I think it's easiest for her that way." he told Gwazi, glancing at Books just to confirm that she didn't have any objections to that plan.

Cautiously, he stepped onto the bridge after Gwazi, knowing that his feet carried the weight of two people on top of them. Thankfully, the bridge seemed to be sturdy enough to hold the two of them up, along with the rest of the group. "You just focus on building the bridge, ok?" he told Books, not wanting the girl to worry about falling or anything, fearing that her thoughts alone would cause the bridge to crumble. "We've got everything else covered…"

——

"Nah, this is a special kind of visit." GM told Ribas as they flew through the void together. "I promised these kids a fight — and a fight they're gonna get!" he chirped. He then heard Ribas mention something about a 'checklist' he had. "Hmm? A checklist? What of?" he asked, just making conversation as they glided through the nothingness.

It wasn't long though before GM stopped, seemingly a bit confused. "Wait a minute… they seem rather close, but I don't see the void ending anywhere in sight…" he mused, before squinting and looking further into the void. "Oh… no. Way." his eyes widened in surprise and his mouth spread into an excited grin, before he burst out in crazed laughter. "Ahahahahahah! Oh, you are kidding me! This is too good!" he exclaimed. "Bassie, follow me!" he commanded before flying further. And as the two continued to move into the void, a tiny strip of land started to come into view, as GM spotted Muse and his group stranded in the middle of the void.

Leon silently listened to Callum's explanation of what had happened to him. Well, that certainly wasn't good. Like, at all. 'Kole' (whoever that may be) dying marked anywhere between the first and third of GM's kills, depending on exactly how you count -- and that's only counting the ones that Leon knew of. Who knows what else the being did when Leon was up in the base?
That put aside, there was another thing that drew Leon's attention. "About the bit where GM suddenly disappeared... I think I may know why that happened. When I was... uhm... using GM's computer, he suddenly appeared in the base again, lookig all stressed out and stuff. Like, poof!, and there he was. Also, he was not happy at all. Maybe there's some kind of protection on the computer that draws GM to it whenever it's used? Which means I guess I saved your life? Sort of?" To be frank, Leon himself wasn't at all sure about that bit, but it did make sense... in a way. sort of.

"As for me being more... 'sane': I... guess so?", Leon answered, slowing down to think about Callums words. Sure, he was able to form some more coherent thoughts, but still... Maybe the fact that he wasn't under a constant threat of being horribly murdered at any given moment anymore helped with that? Meh, that wasn't really all that important at the moment, or at least not nearly as important as keeping up with Callum and the kitty. 'Hey, wait!," he called out, hurrying ack after the duo. Losing track of where it was safe to walk above this seemingly infinite abyss was not a happy thought...

Callum stopped as Leon's gave an explanation as to why the GM just disappeared. "Oh....well, umm...thanks!" Callum smiled as he waited for Leon to catch up. That, he could be grateful. Who wouldn't be grateful for someone saving his life...on accident perhaps...but still. "I've never had someone save my life before...well...I mean, in someone trying to kill me and then....well...not" Callum laughed awkwardly as he thought.

"Wait....If the GM gets teleported to the "Laptop" as soon as someone tampers with it then...well....shit" Callum frowned as he thought. "That would mean someone would have to....well....distract him, well...probably more then one person...as there only needs to be one person at the laptop. Then again there is only two of us. Tch" Callum sighed as he kept thinking. "Well, I just don't know how that can't be suicidal" Running his fingers through his hair Callum seemed to want to stop thinking about. But, If that was somehow the key to getting out of here...or in someway would help.

"But Alas, Right now I think we should just follow MK-ultra...wherever he's going"

---

Ríbás smiled as GM asked about the checklist. "Well, You know...I've been stuffed in that....whatever it was for a long while. I couldn't move...I don't think I even had a body. It was just...astral. Tch, I had so much time to think. You start to make a list for stuff you'll do if you ever get out. You know, drink some coffee. Visit the countryside, Make new friends. Steal some souls, Make a few sacrifices, and maybe find who stuck me in that thing and make his spine part of a chair I'm making...Stuff like that" Ríbás Seemed to focus on the group.

He smiled slyly as spinning scythes appeared around him. His eyes glowed a dark purple as he sped up a little faster. "So...Should I?"

Books nodded her head. She closed her blue eyes again. Focus. Keep your thoughts on building. Nothing more, nothing less. She thought keeping her eyes shut tight.

As the bridge continued to be built/laid out ahead Gwazi continued to step forward little by little. Careful to not slip off, and keep an eye on any sign the bridge might give away. But for the moment, the bridge seemed to be holding together pretty well.

Leon listened to Callum's logical response. Or, at least, it sounded completely logical to him. "...Yeah, that would be problematic," Leon muttered. "If he just warps to the laptop thingie as soon as someone touches it, that would throw the entire plan out of the window. But..." Wait, was that exactly how it went? Now that Leon thought about it, didn't it take a short while before GM appeared back in the base? Yeah, yeah! At least, he had enough time to make the stupid wolfman less scary looking. Speaking of which, what was with GM and wolves anyway? Was he some kind of zoophilic maniac or something? Stop! That's not a wanted thought, and not an important one either. Bad, bad brain!
"...Actually, I think we may have a small window of time before the alarm thingie would go off," Leon said, shaking his had to clear out his head. "Still, someone would need to distract that... being for long enough for someone else to get to said laptop in the first place." Again, Leon stopped walking when it dawned to him exactly where this conversation was heading. "...That person needs to be me, doesn't it?," he whispered, obviously afraid again. "Because I'm immortal and all that..."
For a short moment, the young man just stood there in silence. A soft chuckle escaped from his lips before he spoke up again. "Heh, it's funny when you think about it," Leon said, the smile on his face not reaching his eyes. "The very act of trying to turn me into his guinea pig will end up being GM's downfall... Oh, Karma, thou can be such a b*tch."

Rae carefully walked out in front of the others but with no fear. she trusted Books, the girl was strong she could keep the bridge up in front of them. and she had walked through a void before, it wasn't all that bad. she really didn't like the dark though, or how it seemed to cling about her. after a little she started getting slightly closer to the group behind her until she was practically walking on top of them. this place creeped her out, but hopefully they didn't have far to go.

Callum tilted his head to the side and sighed before smiling a small bit. "Tch, that might work. though to that's gonna be painful for you. I mean sure I'm quite good with a laptop, but who really knows what the GM can fully do? You know? We'll see, Hopefully MK-ultra is leading us somewhere good. so, yeah" Callum raised a thumbs up before going forwards.

"Kinda wished MK-ultra could talk...cause I have no idea where he's leading us too" Callum turned to face Leon. "Then again, he did turned me into a giant cat to fight the GM...so that's neat"

Leon sighed, not liking Callum's notion at all. Welp. I can't really run away from this, now can I? No matter what I'd do, I would end up getting killed by the GM over and over. ...Maybe this is some kind of karmic pnishment for the fact that I joined him? And yet, the only reason we now may have a way to take the jerk down was that I joined him... Leon shook his head, not understanding the Universe's sense of logic (or lack thereof).

Callum's new comment tore Leon out of his depressing train of thought. 'Wait a minute. The kitty turned you into a giant cat? Not itself, but you?," Leon questioned. Seriously, that sounded awesome if nothing else. "Cats rule, don't they? They don't rip your airway out, they don't eat you while you're still alive... Well, at least little ones like that don't. Usually."

GM grinned at Ribas's explanation, entertained by the lizard-man's personality and sense of humor — if any of it was even meant to be a joke. GM wasn't entirely sure, though he didn't care too much. Ribas then asked, "So, should I?", to which the GM replied, "Huh? Should you? Should you what?" he asked, having not paid super-close attention to what exactly Ribas was saying. "Should you cross some of those items of your to-do list, like turning your creator into a chair?" he asked. "Cuz if that's the case…" he grinned even wider. "You just might be able to take care of that right now!" he chirped as he swooped down towards the tiny strip of land that Muse's group was on.

Moving swiftly through the void, it didn't take long for GM's winged form to present itself to the roleplayers. "Hello there, adversaries!" GM greeted with a sadistic smile on his face. "Bassie, I'd like you to meet my opponents in this fun little 'war' I've been challenged to." he chirped, introducing the crowd to Ribas.

The rock path came to a halt and Muse stiffened, adrenaline pumping through him as he realized what a terrible, vulnerable situation they were all in. Hardly any land to stand on, and it just might vanish if Books were to get too distracted, not to mention GM probably had far better control over the void than he and the roleplayers did… "Don't worry about him." he told Books quickly. "Don't even think about him. Just focus on what you're doing." he said, gently placing her on the rocks. He then turned to GM, struggling to hide his fear. "What do you want from us?" he asked, eyes narrowed.

"Jeez, you sure have a shitty memory." GM scoffed. "Remember back in the desert? I said I wanted a sort of Gary Oak style battle, just to rough you up a bit and see how well you're doing at training your little fighters." he cooed, glancing over the group members with piercing eyes. "You weren't ready back then, so, I gave you a bit of time to prepare. And I'm baaaack~!" he sang gleefully. "I see you've improved quite a bit, since you're already able to do… well, whatever the hell this is." he continued, pointing at their little rock path. "But, hm, is it my imagination or are you short a few members?" he asked with a knowing smile. "Anywho! I think now's a good time for that battle, eh?" he chirped. "And just so you don't try to ignore me… Ribas," he spoke up, turning to his reptilian companion before pointing at a young girl in the crowd. "Take out the little blonde, first." he grinned. "Let's see how well they can keep themselves afloat without her! Ahahahahah!"

——

MK Ultra stayed silent as he led the duo through the void, leaving them with a path to follow. He didn't interject to anything said — not even with a simple meow or a head nod or anything — instead simply leading the pair to the destination that he continued on towards with intense focus. After a while, some voices became audible, and far into the distance, a tiny strip of land with quite the gathering around it came into view. MK started meowing loudly, trying to get Leon and Callum's attention, before sprinting forwards in an attempt to catch up with the other group as quickly as possible.

As the group was making there way across the stone bridge being constructed by Books they suddenly stopped, and immediately following was a unknown voice greeting them, but the voice did not sound like they had good intentions in mind. Muse seemed to instantly get tense, and tossed a few words back and fourth with the man like they knew one another and had an unfriendly history. Choosing it was best not to interrupt he simply stood on guard but continued to listen to what the two were saying, right up until the GM stated he intended to fight and ordered his Lizard companion to attack Books. To which Gwazi's immediate reaction was to draw his blade and stand right in the middle of Books and the Lizard, taking a defense stance he said firmly "I'm afraid I can't let you or little pet to that", ready to lunge at a moments notice if the Lizard or the mysterious man in question tried any sort of attack.

Books kept her eyes shut tight. They aren't here. You're okay just keep your focus on the bridge. Things will be fine. She thought curling herself up as small as she could so she was easier to protect. Make the bridge wider. She thought as she didn't focus on building it forward but building it outwards on the sides.

Rae's heart sank the second she heard GM's voice and she turned back to them. she wasn't sure she even had enough energy left in her to spark a fire, let alone make one big enough to hurt GM, but she had to act like it. she straightened and got closer to Muse and Books. When GM ordered his reptile to attack Books she instantly felt that spark inside light itself, as she was now very pissed off. she forced a small ring of flames to form around her, to try and act powerful. She didn't know how to respond though so she stared in silence and let the others do the talking, taking a defensive position near Books.

Ríbás grin widened unnaturally as the GM told him to target one of the humans. Ríbás slowly moved closer, he seemed to gaze at every one of them. He seemed to chuckle as they got ready to defend his target.

Pathetic

Ríbás raised his hand up to his head, he tap his fore head softly once. "I am.....amused. Perhaps even saddened by this.Every single one of you are going to get mulitated, twisted....broken. especially broken. Or maybe I'll kill you straight away, depending of how weak you are to be honest" Ríbás looked upon the blonde and closed his eyes.

You can hear me can't you?..Books! I feel your fear. That little knowledge that your going to die. That I am going to consume you, corrupt you. Unearth the fears, without even saying a word. A simple movement and I could kill you. You can feel it can't you? The bare tip of what I can do.
Embrace that fear, let it take you. It'll be easier, for both of us...I promise.Oh! and I kill you, you will let all your friends down. So try not to fail everyone.

"Let's see how fast you can react people hmm?" Ríbás raised his hand at the group, "THINK FAST!" A large dark beam shot out at speeds too fast to look at the group.

A brief moment passed before Ríbás suddenly teleported behind Books. "Bow" Ríbás laughed as he swung his scythe at Books.

----

Callum laughed at Leon's comment, "Yeah Cats rule! To be honest, I'm kinda allergic to dogs so....But Cats are so cool. And cute, and adorable and sweet...and cute" Callum smiled.

He turned his head to see MK_Ultra sprinting off, "Hey wait!" Callum shouted before running after him. "What are you doing!" He shouted after him, hoping Leon would catch up with him.

Off in the distance he spotted people..."Oh it's the group. What a coincidence....well I mean probably not because MK_Ultra obviously lead us here. But-" Callum stopped rambling as he spotted the other two. One was the GM, and one was some sort of Lizard person.

"Oh shi-" Callum ran faster. Why was the GM here, could he go two seconds without trying to kill them!?

Gwazi got ready to take any blow the Lizard meant to blow, but then was taken back when the Lizard suddenly vanished. Quickly checking behind him to see if Books was alright he noticed the Lizard had gotten behind him and was readying it's Scythe, to which Gwazi quickly leaped towards him and swung out his sword to intercept the Scythe mid-swing "You're not winning that easily you sneaky Gecko". Though in truth Gwazi knew that they weren't in a good situation, this could very easily become the end of them. He only hoped that Muse knew enough about this mysterious group to keep them back and get everyone through this.

Nothing's here, you won't die. Just pretend you're on stage and stay calm. Books thought ignoring the lizardman's voice. She kept her eyes closed, humming quietly to herself as she focused on building the bridge outwards. Just keep on focusing on the bridge.

Logically, Leon ran after Callum, not planning on being left behind above this abyss. He just hoped that he was following the same route as the duo in front of him. Of course, even if he did make a few bad steps here and there, the fact that he didn't know that he should fall then and there meant that he wouldn't in this universe. As it turns out, ignorance really is bliss, at least in situations like these.

When Leon saw their goal, though -- or, more accurately, who was there --. he did the opposite of what Callum did. He froze in place, quite literally shaking at the sight in front of him. No... Not here. He found me already? But how?! Scared beyond belief, Leon was unable to move at all. Maybe he didn't see me yet. Maybe he'll just go away. But no... there's no place to hide! What can I do?
Meanwhile, a voice of reason was trying to convey a very important message to Leon's brain -- namely, that running away and hiding wouldn't solve anything at this point. The only way to get out of this mess was to fight. But what could he do in the face of such an opponent? Nothing. ...At least, he himself couldn't do anything. But didn't he just make a plan with Callum, a plan in which there was a role only he could play?
But... What if they won't help me? -- Then at least you may have managed to save a life by distracting the monster.
What if I die for real this time? -- Then at least the suffering is over, which is an improvement over this living hell.
What if... -- Are you going to do something already?
Breaking himself from his mental dialogue, Leon ran towards the group and yelled at the top of his lungs. "Hey, lizard face! Over here!" Please let someone kill this beast while he's distracted... "Why don't you take me out first! Or are you too lame to try?"

Last edited:
Rae merely took in a breath before the lizard appeared in the small area between her and Books. and her instinctive response was to instantly snap her leg out towards the thing, and in the brief moment of conscious thought that accompanied the move, she threw a sheen of fire around the lg, it wouldn't hurt her, it was her fire, but she was hoping the lizard was cold blooded and the heat would give it issues, that was a hope, in this close of a space it wasn't like she would miss but the thing seemed to be able to disappear.