Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

"Well that's an interesting development" Gwazi thought to himself. In the middle of the ever-prolonging chaos that Ribas could 'killed' them, but didn't?
The first assumption with Gwazi was that Ribas was 'toying with his food' in a sense, but then it dawned on him that it might be a bluff. Maybe Ribas wasn't the one keeping them alive.
Regardless of that however he know that doing nothing would get them all killed, while fighting back 'might' allow them live. So Gwazi charged at Ribas once again sword out, paying no attention to his own defenses he aimed to simply lunge at one of Ribas's vitals, all while getting a bit annoyed with the constant running around he had to do as a result of being limited to a melee weapon.

Last edited:
...Well, there went that plan. Leon had planned to try to grab Ribás again, then let Books drop the both of them, hoping that the jerk's teleporting ability would be hampered for long enough to deal with him. Of course, now that Ribás was the one holding up the floor instead of the girl, that plan went right out of the window. Furthermore, if it was true that that creep was now everything that was standing in between them and gravitational doom, that meant that even if they would somehow manage do defeat him, they would still lose. On the other hand, either nobody else seemed to have realised this (unlikely) or nobody else believed him (also somewhat unlikely, unless they were expecting to be held up by another force), which raised the question of just how real Ribás' threat was.
Of course, none of that mattered, considering the fact that the jerkass was trying to kill them all, which sort of made the question on whether or not he was speaking the truth a moot point. So yeah, killing the jerk had priority at the moment. While Ribás was (hopefully) focused on the sword-wielding guy, Leon finally found enough energy/willpower to pick himself up and ran at the demon from behind in an attempt to grapple him. It sort of worked last time, seemingly only failing due to Leon being on the wrong side; therefore, being on the right side should fix that problem.

Books shakily got to her feet. She had spent almost all of her energy on the bridge and now that it wasn't under her control she was tired. Her blue orbs were filled with rage. She was beyond angry. Ribas had killed two people now, she wasn't going to let him kill anymore people. She tried to work her powers to form a weapon in her hand.

Ríbás groaned as Gwazi lunged at him, "Really? That's the best you can do? I thought-" Ríbás caught Leon with his other hand, "That you would think of something new but it seems that you have completely ran out of ideas...that's rather disappointing to be honest. But everyone runs out of ideas....but for you-" Ríbás flung Leon into Gwazi assault.

Still formed as Callum, He ruffled his hair. "He certainly had a lot of hair....too bad he doesn't have kidneys" Ríbás smirked as his eyes moved over to books. "You certainly look exhausted...I applaud you for still trying...too bad it won't last... He swung his scythe around in his hand. "Rae, Books, Leon, Gwazi...names or no names....Certainly interesting lives....yet boring in many aspects. Are you really so useless....." Ríbás formed a black orb in his head hand. He giggled senselessly for a moment before turning to the GM.

"Shall I end it?"

Still trapped in a hovering prison next to GM, Muse gave up on struggling as he watched the fight rage on. He couldn't do anything to help any of them — he could only watch, cringing every time Ribas delivered what could've been a fatal blow to another party member. His whole body tensed when he saw Books' land-bridge collapse, though he did relax slightly upon seeing that at least the roleplayers didn't simply fall into the void. Of course, that said, Ribas was still more than capable of killing them all off some other way… "Augh, what's even the point of all this?!" Muse snapped in GM's direction. "I thought you said you wanted beta testers — why bother bringing these guys in here if you're just gonna kill them all off?!"

GM rolled his eyes melodramatically. "Ugh, do you even listen?" he groaned. "I already told you why I'm doing this. Jeeeeez, sometimes I wonder why I ever let you go free."

Muse froze upon hearing GM's words, his face clouding with confusion and worrisome intrigue as he kept his eyes locked on GM. "Wait… but that, I mean… what are you trying to say?" he struggled to ask.

GM had already stopped paying attention to him, though, his focus instead set on his dear servant, who had just asked the question, 'Shall I end it?' An amused grin spread across GM's face as he took one last look at the scrambled, outmatched roleplayers. "Hmmm…" he hummed playfully, acting as if he had to pause to think about the answer to that question, though it seemed his mind had already been made up. "Ah… yeah, I think it's about time for that." he mused, nodding. And only a brief paused followed before he then added to that statement,

"You can stop now, Bassie."

After calling what was probably a rather unexpected ceasefire, GM floated a bit closer to the battlefield, his telekinetic powers dragging Muse along with him. "You guys do remember what I came here for, right?" GM spoke up. With a flick of his wrist, he tossed the shapeshifter onto whatever floor seemed to be keeping them all up, releasing his hold on him. "I just wanted to test you guys." he chirped. "See how well ol' chameleon circuit over here was doing at raising that army that he keeps going on about."

Still a bit dazed, Muse shakily brought himself to his feet, grabbing onto whichever roleplayer stood nearest to him in order to help prop himself up.

"It's pretty clear you're still no match for me, though." GM sneered. "That said, no point in wiping you all out that easily. Not when my victory's already pretty clear." he grinned. "Still feel like you wanna be a part of that fancy army of his?" GM chirped, glancing at each of the roleplayers. "If so, you'll need to bulk up quite a bit before we next meet… Maybe diversify your movesets a bit…" he rambled on. "Especially you, Sokka." he pointed half-heartedly at Gwazi. "You got too many melee attacks. Gets to be pretty easy to counter after a while."

Rae forced herself to stand as GM made his speech about his victory being assured and how they all needed to work much harder. she chuckled dryly, stumbling but staying standing "well, we did survive this long" she coughed. one arm was wrapped around her stomach and she looked around. they all looked like crap. she took a shuddery breath and looked to Muse, he was supposed to lead them, she bitterly thought 'and what now?'

Well, so much for Attack Plan: Throw Your Immortal Self At The Enemy Until Something Happens, or APTYISATEUSH for short (maybe Leon should work on his acronyms a bit more? Meh). Whou could have possibly predict that using the exact same attack twice in a row wouldn't work the second time (even though it worked the first time)? What a shock! If only Leon could actually use more than one attack, that would be great... To make matters worse, the jerkface lizard seemed to have a nigh-endless pool of attacks, this time apparently planning to nuke the entire aree with some kind of black sphere or whatever.
Except for that said nuking would never happen due to the GM halting the battle for expository reasons, most of which Leon didn't really understand. What he did understand though was that GM was way too powerful to withstand. Maybe he should've never left him in the first place? Too late for that now though. Plus, the Being didn't really seem to have a good side to stay on to begin with. Then again, his Really Bad Side was even worse than his Somewhat Bad Side, so... NO!

Anyway... The battle was over now? At least sort of? Uhm.. That was good. Probably. If nothing else, it meant Leon would live to see another day. ...Or at least, not die anymore this one. Hopefully. Pretty please? Because dying really wasn't fun. Leon felt like he could collapse at any moment now - which was exactly what happened when Muse decided to use him as a leaning thing, sending the both of them back to the ground if nobody else was close enough to support them.

Out of nowhere the GM seemed to stop the battle, it seemed like he was done playing and was going to leave to do something else.
Which was a relief, Gwazi didn't want to see anyone else die even if it seemed that he himself was in no real danger... He'd have to test this respawn power later, or at least ask Muse about it later on.

Speaking of Muse, she and that other guy who wandered in both seemed to be falling to be quickly sprinted over and caught them.
Let them use himself as a sort of support as they got back up, he grinned and asked teasingly "Tired?".

Books took a few shaky breaths. Her eyes were watering with angry tears. "We still survived this. And I will become strong so no one else dies." She mumbled so GM couldn't hear her. Her blonde hair covered her eyes.

Rae took several breathes and looked around at their tattered group. Gm was right about one thing, they needed to work hard if they wanted to beat him. none of them were doing well, she probably couldn't make a spark if she tried. she eyed GM, trying to figure out what his angle was, but her head didn't want to focus and she slipped down to her knees, breathing heavy again, she looked over at Muse "Muse? what do we do?"

Ríbás shrugged as the GM told him to stop. He licked his lips as he teleported back to the GM. He chuckled as he listened to all the rper's words. "Oh you very much better get stronger as fast as possible....I was barely trying and I still squished you all....Look deep inside yourself's...Try to use something more then just trying to hit me with a stick or a rock." Ríbás eyes flicked across the void.

His head tilted to the GM, "Is this seriously all you have in opposition...must be so boring. No one to even fight that wouldn't immediately get crushed" Ríbás twisted back to his lizard form. "Sweet....Human skin is so....loose"

GM grinned at Ribas' words. "Weeeell I dunno if I'd really seriously consider them 'opposition', more like… entertainment." he replied, chuckling. "Beast Boy over here reeeeally wanted to fight me, so like… I had no real reason to say no. This whole thing's been kind of fun, really!" he grinned.

Muse, meanwhile, was still rather frazzled by the whole event. After Leon collapsed beneath him and Gwazi managed to catch the two of them, he could only shakily grab onto the sword-user as he slowly brought himself to his feet. He didn't know what to do. On top of the fact that their group had just been decimated by some lizard mercenary, and the fact that Callum and the mysterious cat had been thrown into the void, GM's words had some… unsettling implications. He shivered a bit as GM called them "entertainment", only reinforcing the dreadful theories spinning in his head. Muse looked around at his group members — Gwazi seemed to be handling everything fairly well, Books looked about as determined as ever, and Rae wouldn't stop asking him what to do next. "Huh? What?" Muse spoke up, Rae pulling him out of his thoughts. "Oh, I, uh, um… I don't know." he stammered, taking his hands off of Gwazi as he tried to walk a bit more towards the front of the group. "Maybe we should, ah, um…"

"Fantastic advice; 10/10 would listen again." GM snarked, yawning. "Brilliant leader you are, really. Oh, and speaking of running things, I should probably get around to building this world up again…" he mused. "Hah! It's times like these I'm having so much fun that I almost forget why I took this place over to begin with!"

"Well, come on then, Ribas. No point in staying around here!" he chirped, before turning himself around in the air and zooming off into the void. "I should really show you my lair," he said to Ribas as they started to fly away. "It's great for beta testing…"

Muse started to come to his senses a bit as GM flew away. Still breathing somewhat heavily, he took a moment to try to think through everything that had happened, one piece at a time. First piece…

"You," he spoke up, turning to Leon. "I thought… I thought you worked under GM. Why are you on our side now?" he asked. "Of course, not that I'm complaining, I mean, big help, but… yeah." he struggled to say. "And, that uh… respawning thing. Is that… I mean… how did you get that power, again?"

From his low position, Leon stared after the quickly shrinking shapes of GM and Ribas. GM... had left? He had actally left him go? No, not quite, he was still in this... wherever it was. But he hadn't dragged Leon back with him for punishment. Why? Maybe because of that lizard guy? Was he supposed to be Leon's replacement or something? Well, Leon certainly didn't have any problems with that. Still, he could barely believe that he was actually free, at least to some extend.

Still sitting on the ground, Leon turned his attention to Muse, who was asking him about why he had left GM. "I... never wanted to join him, really," he whispered, his voice still soft from the exhaustion. "But Rose... I had to... He would kill her otherwise... " He paused for a short moment before continuing. "I had to do everthing he said. Help him test his creations. That's why he gave me this powe, this curse; so that he could use me over and over and over." The young, tormented man shivered when he recalled his many deaths, each one gruesome enough to shatter the human mind into teeny-tiny pieces. "I guess I snapped after he killed me out of sheer frustration for touching his computer. Or... maybe it's more like something sprung back into place. I don't know... I just wanted to get away from him. So I jumped out of the base", Leon pointed at the dark shape in the sky. "I figured that either GM would revoke my respawning ability, allowing me to die, or I would respawn on the ground. No matter what would've happened, I would've been free."

the guy's story was kinda depressing. "I've never actually met you, I'm Rae, and re-spawning, sounds like it'd suck" she sat down and groaned, she did a mental inventory "is everyone ok? well alive, not bleeding internally, or missing limbs?"

she took a deep breath "what the hell was that, Muse? GM tries to kill us then just lets us go, something's hinky about that" she groaned again "i think i may have bruised my ribs"

As it seemed the battle was truly over Gwazi noticed that Muse was questioning the guy who had helped them. Apparently he used to work for the GM?
Regardless he's seemed to have proven his loyalties otherwise now, and on top of that his story was damn depressing. After Rae gave her response Gwazi decided to also reply saying "And I'm Gwazi. We never met either, but the way we were fighting you had countless chances to kill me if you worked for the GM, so I believe you".

Books collapsed to the ground. "I'm Books, I think I met you once." She said as she tried to catch her breath. Her body ached and her energy was low. There were a few bruises and cuts on her arms and legs but for the most part she was unharmed.

Ríbás twiddled his fingers towards the group before him and the Gm left. "You're like a adorable bunch of kittens..." He laughed before they faded off into the distance.

"So" Ríbás turned to the GM. "What is this Beta Testing you are talking about?" He flew backwards lazily as he occasionally whipped his head around to see if he was going to bump into anything. Of course he wasn't because the void surrounded them but never the less.

"I've heard that you have taken over this place...Dominance...Few people have it....but you control everything....neat"

"Eh, I dunno." GM replied to Ribas as they continued to fly through the void. "I'll figure that out as I figure stuff out, you know? I mean, I still plan to re-brand this place into my own little game, after all, so there's a lot more work to be do-" he cut himself off and stopped in his tracks. "…Waaaaait…" he spoke up. "Something's… off… this is… wait, what?" he talked mostly to himself, before he caught sight of a bright white light coming in from his right side. He flinched in mid-air, closing his eyes and bringing his arms and his wings in front of him as the wave of light came over the two of them.

The strange sensation was over almost instantaneously. When GM opened his eyes, what he saw in front of him was… not void. Confused, he spun around in mid-air a bit, taking a look at his new surroundings. Above him, he saw sky, and below him… roleplays. The realistic-looking cities suggested modern-day roleplays, but, why was there nothing else in sight? Why did the land no longer have the same confusing, muddled landscape previously signature to the Guild world? And more importantly… where did everything come from?!

"This is… I mean… wait." GM stuttered, still trying to get a hold on the situation. Lots of new roleplays came out of nowhere… all at once… this is — no, this isn't a natural thing… this is… oh! Hold on — it almost feels like… is… is there more at work here besides just the Guild world?!" he rambled. "Augh, I need to get back to base." he quickly spoke up, starting to fly off again before stopping himself. "If I can even… find my base…!!" he seethed, thoroughly confused and annoyed by the situation. His left eye started to glow more intensely as he set off again, hoping to be able to navigate the new landscape. "Fuckin' spacey-wacey fuckin' roleplays fuckin' mumble mumble grumble…"

——

Muse found himself sombered by Leon's story. It was times like these he remembered just what horrible things that GM was putting these roleplayers through — and they weren't even used to a place as bizarre and sometimes hostile as the Guild world. And with Leon's situation in particular, well… Muse couldn't imagine how awful it must be to be GM's personal chew toy. "I'm very sorry to hear about all that…" he told Leon. "But, at the very least, it seems like he never took away that respawning power of yours — for some reason."

"GM does a lot of weird things," Muse spoke up to Rae. "But I don't think this is too weird for him." he explained. "I think he's made it pretty clear by now that he doesn't consider us to be a real threat, so, why wipe us out? Instead, he's content just toying with us…" he finished sadly. It was then he realized that he had hardly any idea what he was even doing with all these roleplayers. Did he really have any chance at all of getting rid of GM? If not, then what was he even doing?

Seeing Books start to fall, Muse held out his arms to catch her. Oh, right, these guys need me just to survive… he reminded himself. "You ok?" he asked.

Before a response could come, though, a white light passed over their group, too — the same sort of thing that GM and Ribas saw. Muse flinched slightly, closing his eyes in the light's presence, and, when it had cleared, his eyes blinked open at the sight of solid ground below him. "Huh… that's something." he mused, looking down at the grass beneath his feet. Taking a closer look around, they seemed to be in some sort of forest clearing. Small sources of light flittered between the trees. Muse squinted his eyes to try to get a closer look at them. "Oh… fairies…" he yawned, acknowledging the tiny creatures that seemed to be paying little mind to the roleplayer group. "We must be in some sort of fantasy roleplay…" he continued, still struggling to wrap his mind around everything that had just happened, though he was clearly growing exhausted. "I wonder how we got here…" he continued tiredly.

----

Elsewhere, a young roleplayer woke up to the sensation of a cat pawing at his face. The two of them had fallen through the void together — the strange effects seemingly enough to knock the two of them unconscious — but, thanks to certain, strange events, it seemed that they'd managed to land in some RP setting.

MK Ultra shuffled his paws around impatiently in the gray, dry soil beneath them, turning his head around to look at their surroundings as, suddenly, it seemed that the 'Guild' had significantly less void areas.

Last edited:
All he remembered was falling...into the great big void. He had accepted his faith in the last few moments of his life. He was going to die, and whatever the void was going to do to him was going to happen. Perhaps his corpse was going to be lost forever.

But as he opened his eyes as MK-Ultra pawed at him, Callum was surprised to see that he was alive. He pushed his body upwards to look around...it was certainly.....grey to say the least. But right now his vision was blurry and he couldn't make out what was ahead of them.

He put his hand to his stomach....the hole that was caused by his own creation was seemingly gone. "Huh" Callum muttered before petting Mk-Ultra. "This is certainly....interesting"

Callum stood up and stretched. "You know, I'm pretty sure I was dead for a few seconds there...." Callum looked at Mk-Ultra with an look of suprise before glancing at his surroundings.

"I wonder if I'm a ghost....or we're both ghosts.....we can start haunting people" Callum grinned before kneeling down to MK-Ultra.

He started to Pet Mk-Ultra once again before tilting his head to the side. "You wouldn't happen to know where we are and.....when we're going to go next?...Because I have noooooo idea what to do"