Wayfinder Academy of Adventurous Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a crystal wineglass for Mirella?
And none of those tacky little umbrellas.

*dies of laughter* Mirella's too fancy! <3

Her fancyness adds a nice diversity to the group though *grins*

Hah! I'm afraid we don't have fancy wineglasses. However, potions themselves are very expensive! They're sort of like wine, too. The longer they're aged, the more powerful they become!

...Okay, that last part is false, they remain as powerful they were, regardless of drinking a fresh one or drinking one left in a dungeon since the beginning of time.

Not sure what that says about potions.

that they never expire? Maybe? Do they expire. *imagines someone getting sick off of an expired health potion*

Oh man, I can totally see Mirella and Xavian not getting along. ;D "What? Your gloves? I used them to make a mud castle! See?"

Expired health potion sounds like sucks.

Effort, I modified my post a bit. =D

In terms of stats (and looking toward skills), is anyone picking up high-cha (particularly for Diplomacy or Bluff or something)? I'm personally debating between upping Wis or Cha.

They don't seem to expire ever, no.

As for stats! Each of the casters encounter a different need:

Bards and Sorcerers need high Charisma.

Druids and Clerics need high Wisdom.

Wizards need high Intelligence.

Some classes get casting later: Paladin and Ranger. Paladins use Charisma to cast, and Rangers gain nature spells with a high enough Wisdom.

All the other stats are dependent on what the player wants the character to have.

Fort saves against the cocktail?

I should probably try and play Aurok a bit more abrasively being a Half-Orc and all, and Aurok might be two and a half times as tall as Xavian.

Yes....fear me.

No, no Fort saves. Player judgement on that one... after all, you don't actually HAVE saving throws yet!

...Or Hit Points, for that matter!

Xavian: If I always hide beyond you, you can't see me ... therefore you can't squish me?

I guess that answers my question about wis/cha then. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention! Here: http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderChronicles/PZO9205-AbsalomMap.jpg

This is a map of the HUGE city we're starting in. The Academy is actually within the adjacent town of 'Shoreline'. It's all connected to Absalom itself, of course. It's a beautiful city, and I hope to put you lot up to a few of the challenges within it sometime in this game. :3

Not to say you'll be facing entirely 'city' adventures. You'll have some wilderness and dungeon adventures to stretch the muscles of everyone's strengths!

Edit: A 'Fort Save' is short-hand for a 'Fortitude Saving Throw'. It's a roll to see how well you resist spells and effects that effect your health: poisons, diseases, and resisting massive damage effects. It's linked to your Constitution score. There are two other types of 'Saving Throws'... your Reflex, which is attached to your Dexterity... how well you get out of the way of things... and your Will saving throw, linked to your Wisdom. That's how well you resist mental attacks like mind control and targeted nightmares.

They haven't been brought up in-game yet, and we'll have a more in-depth look at them as soon as you get your Ability Scores!

Also, it seems I've been negligent! I haven't actually told you what the ability scores are and what they do! Allow me to remedy this:

Strength: Strength measures muscle and physical power. This ability is important for those who engage in hand-to-hand (or "melee") combat, such as fighters, monks, paladins, and some rangers. Strength also sets the maximum amount of weight your character can carry. A character with a Strength score of 0 is too weak to move in any way and is unconscious. Some creatures do not possess a Strength score and have no modifier at all to Strength-based skills or checks.

Dexterity: Dexterity measures agility, reflexes, and balance. This ability is the most important one for rogues, but it's also useful for characters who wear light or medium armor or no armor at all. This ability is vital for characters seeking to excel with ranged weapons, such as the bow or sling. A character with a Dexterity score of 0 is incapable of moving and is effectively immobile (but not unconscious).

Constitution: Constitution represents your character's health and stamina. A Constitution bonus increases a character's hit points, so the ability is important for all classes. Some creatures, such as undead and constructs, do not have a Constitution score. Their modifier is +0 for any Constitution-based checks. A character with a Constitution score of 0 is dead.

Intelligence: Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons. This ability is important for wizards because it affects their spellcasting ability in many ways. Creatures of animal-level instinct have Intelligence scores of 1 or 2. Any creature capable of understanding speech has a score of at least 3. A character with an Intelligence score of 0 is comatose. Some creatures do not possess an Intelligence score. Their modifier is +0 for any Intelligence-based skills or checks.

Wisdom: Wisdom describes a character's willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition. Wisdom is the most important ability for clerics and druids, and it is also important for monks and rangers. If you want your character to have acute senses, put a high score in Wisdom. Every creature has a Wisdom score. A character with a Wisdom score of 0 is incapable of rational thought and is unconscious.

Charisma: Charisma measures a character's personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance. It is the most important ability for paladins, sorcerers, and bards. It is also important for clerics, since it affects their ability to channel energy. For undead creatures, Charisma is a measure of their unnatural "lifeforce." Every creature has a Charisma score. A character with a Charisma score of 0 is not able to exert himself in any way and is unconscious.

I probably should have Aurok just chug the potions...

Alright, how's this?

Str: 7
Dex: 11
Con: 11
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

Are we doing racial score bonuses? If I remember correctly Half-Orcs get that +2 to whatever stat so I think this works if I add the +2 to strength...

Str: 17
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 13
Cha: 10

STR: 13
DEX: 18 (16 without Mod)
CON: 10
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 14

Who needs Constitution? Not this guy! (Unless We face something that has the ability to kill us with a bad CON save) Of course, I'm not in the habbit of having negative levels in stats either.

We are doing racial adjustments, just not yet. You're all looking good so far.

Str: 15
Dex: 14
Con: 13
Int: 13
Cha: 12

Do you think that's okay? Maybe? *isn't too sure about it*

Status
Not open for further replies.