Wayfinder Academy of Adventurous Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry i havnt been talking on this part i been to busy reading and trying to reply that and making time in the day since i dont really have my days planned out everything at home tends to change or come up out of the blue lol so anyways i want to apologize for being behind at times and not talking with you all so ill talk with jesi once i read everything i missed and do the number thingy >.< again sorry

That's very balanced! You probably don't need Charisma as much as other characters, but I understand that it's a point of pride to have a character with a better-than-average ability to talk to others. As a Ranger, are you planning on taking the "archer" role or a more hands-on melee role? If you're going melee, you'll want more Constitution. Just a touch more. If you're going archery, crossbowmanship, or something else ranged, put some more in Dexterity.

Generating ability scores is always the hardest part for me to do. XD It's hard not to be good at everything, at least for me. I always want my character to be able to succeed. It helps when I remind myself that there are other members of the party who are good at things that I might not be good at. This has nothing to do with any of you, of course, I just feel like saying that. One of my biggest failings as a player is that I've played as a GM for so long, I'm used to making stronger-than-average 'boss' characters to challenge my group, and I never got out of that. You lot have the advantage of starting as players, which will put you ahead of me in more ways than one.

Str: 15
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 11

So perhaps more like that? I was going to try and do the two weapon melee path when the level reached. (If it does)

Yes, quite a bit more like that. :3

MissMaine: It's fine! Actually, I'm just glad you mentioned you're coming back. It'd be a shame to lose anyone!

oh no i dont plan on leaving *smiles* i jsut hate to slow everyone down and all that annnd being behind lol oh jesi is silver btw lol she tends to remind me to reply and when im being slow and all that lol certian days i wont be on at all wich is usually when my step sibling come to visit *thinks they are called step siblings* anyways home life very not put together plan wise lol i like to apologize just to be safe ^_^

I was actually about to mention you, Maine, weird. Anyhow, I mentioned an Elf in my post, you can hop back in using that if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i see what you did there >.< i totally was lost but then i got it lol and ima be a weird elf i dont wanna be leary of you lol

Personally, I've always preferred the rolling system, never liked point buys, but I understand that it's difficult to moderate rolls. If you ever want to try it in an online format though, http://catchyourhare.com/diceroller/ lets everyone pick a colour for their own dice, and requests a password so that everyone can see eachother's rolls. Just thought I'd inform you if you hadn't heard of it before.

Str: 12
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Cha: 13

I also don't like the point buy system, mostly due to my impressive luck when it comes to rolling attributes... however, in online forum games, point buy is probably the best way to do it. It ensures everyone's on even footing, and gets rid of the "hero complex" that high-ability score characters sometimes get. I've got a player in a real-life game who's used to "bailing out" his other party members every week in another game, so he comes in with these souped-up monstrosities that annoys everyone else who came for the story, breezing through combats that are supposed to be challenging and generally treating it like they're the hero of a video game.

Point buy removes that 'urge' a bit. It allows everyone to know that they have the same chances of success or failure as those beside them, and genuinely makes for a better play experience. It's more interesting when you fail and keep going, rather than succeed at everything... helps with party interaction, too. Nobody likes someone that has everything go well for them all the time... and reaching out to help someone when they fall puts the party closer together! :D

I tend to roll high as well, although I don't typically go hero mode, mostly because hero's irritate me. Usually I end up with Min/Max characters who rely on Dex and Charisma as their main stats. Constitution and Wisdom tend to get sidelined, and the other two sit pretty with whatever's left. I'm in skype game (Which Is Where I Usually Game) where one of the players rolled two eighteens for their stats. Crazy stuff. The trick is to put enough into wis/int to make it possible for your characters to think outside of the box should a situation arise that they can't handle normally. I remember in one game I was triyng to break down a door, but lacked the strength. It didn't have a keyslot or anything so I couldn't just pick it. However, we had recently killed a giant 50 foot spider, so I hacked off one of it's limbs and we used it as a battering ram to take the door down. Such good times

I'm really really good at rolling bad, and sometimes super great. My friends like playing with me for my spurts of 1's and 20's.

I think Aurok is ready to chug his potions.

I'm mostly amused with the fact you can choose the die color.

Anyways, I'm looking at (racial adjustments in parens):

str: 10 (8)
dex: 14
con: 13 (15)
int: 14
wis: 16
cha: 12 (14)

Does that seem okay? The reason I took the higher dex was because Xavian's strength is going to be botched by being a gnome, so (reading ahead) if he wants to make touch attacks, it's probably going to have to be with dex (using weapon finesse).

Colour choice is mostly for when you have multiple people rolling. I typically roll in either black or glass depending on my mood. A few friends have their own special colours. It's certainly not my favourite dice roller, but it's the best one when you have a GM who doesn't trust players to roll fairly. Personally I prefer http://www.roll-dice-online.com/, but I generally trust my players to roll fairly with me, and if I notice a trend of high rolls that seems to be against what logic dictates, I will take advantage of it. (Make people roll attacks and damage against themselves for enemies without telling them. Random chances of being struck by lightning for no apparent reason. Stuff like that. I can be sort of a dick GM.) Of course, players don't expect me to throw dangerous stuff at them because I typically have a stake in it as well (I like to GM and play, I'm very good at keeping information seperated, as well as not being biased when it comes to making decisions that could potentially wipe out the party if they don't play it right.)

Still waitin' on the other members to touch the symbols before I head into the next part of the story.

Also, doing a lot of writing in preparation. So this helps me, too!

Sorry, sorry, I've been quite busy, workin' on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.