Wayfinder Academy of Adventurous Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom? Doom.

Name: Zaigou Masa Taida (Because I Write Full Names, Don't Judge Me)
Race: Half Elf

(Was Yelled At To Post Here)

Shall I go make a mess of the RP Now? Potentially. We shall see. (IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS)

Found this a moment ago. Reminded me of Icarus Babar.

extra-credit-cat.jpg

Head pats = extra credit?! :D:D

What's the best skills balance for our group?
I feel like we're tilting a bit.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm not opposed to anything and would have fun playing even a gnome paladin if you can, in character, convince Xavian. I personally think it would be hilarious to have a gnome up front and whacking, but I feel like gnomes are small.

Celir can be a mele ranger instead of an archer. That would give us at least one character to charge forward. Or she can be a fighter. We also haven't heard from Effort yet, he might choose a strong mele class. (I think I'm spelling mele wrong)

Also... I think I might burst into giggles or squeals of cuteness if Xavien is a paladin. I would find the thought of a gnome charging adorable. No offense is meant.

It is! That's the same site I use, in fact.

To those of you wondering, a 'balanced' party involves one "Warrior" type (that is, someone who runs out in front and takes/deals damage). One "Expert" (a character with a lot of exotic skills and problem-solving). One "Arcane" (a caster with damaging spells and utility spells, to soften enemies and solve problems), and one "Divine" (a healer with a lot of buffing spells). At least one of each is a 'balanced party'. Otherwise, people have to adapt to issues around the missing link.

As for Gnome Paladins... I've played a Moogle (Final Fantasy Race) Paladin as a 'Mog Knight', and halfling have their dog-mounted Outriders, so small warriors have a precedence.

As a note: the world the characters are in is the Pathfinder 'Core' world, the Inner Sea Region of Golarion. As such, a lot of the open-mindedness of some worlds simply doesn't exist. It's a fairly horrible world (even the nicer places have problems), and the common belief is that everyone's forced to earn their happy ending.

Some highlights in the world:
Andoran, the 'Birthplace of Democracy' that Babar noted so derisively:
http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Andoran

Cheliax, the devil-corrupted high-soceity environment famed for it's corrupted law:
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Cheliax

Taldor, the dying empire that Professor Babar is from:
http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Taldor

Absalom, the game's starting point:
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Absalom

Ustalav, the location that takes inspiration of every true horror movie ever:
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Ustalav

DOOM UPON YE! Open mindedness is my quality, it causes trouble. Social tact recovers it though. Also, Taldor is fun (They Use Falcata's. This Is The Primary Reason I Like Them. Don't Judge Me). Cheliax doesn't bother me. Andoran is a place I would hate to live, I know nothing of Ustalav and Absalom though. Should check those out. Also, a knife cutting through the spinal column usually sorts people out pretty well :P

You'd be surprised how often that doesn't work. Well, mostly in my favorite nation, Ustalav.

...Because most of them are DEAAAAAD. Also, cursed.

Well... I'll try to avoid them I guess O.O
However, ANDORAN'S SHALL FALL BY THE POWER OF MY KNIFE! AND FALCATA ONCE I ACQUIRE ONE!
I dunno why I was yelling, it just seemed like fun. Also, yes, Falcata's.
Also, I'm sad about the lack of Magus. I understand why not, but it still saddens me.
Also, I'm probably going to crash shortly. This is a good plan methinks.

I started looking beyond just what you've given us, and I have cleric-related questions. In particular, if Xavian were to walk the path of the cleric, I think he'd take the Trickery Domain. It's so totally him, but I wouldn't really consider him evil (as the gods with Trickery suggest), just mischievous. That said, can a cleric with neutral alignment but worshipping an evil god decide spontaneously cast curing spells? Like, Xavian would find Lamashtu hilarious and would think he's a cool guy except for the evil-connotation. I could also almost get what I want from Calistra, but being her sort of cleric isn't what I wanted for Xavian.

(Just a note, I'm not necessarily going cleric, but I want to know my options.)

Last edited:
No. Neutral clerics of Neutral deities can channel their choice of Positive or Negative, but a Neutral cleric of an Evil deity is forced to channel Negative. As for Lamashtu...

Worshipers and Clergy: Her followers seek out deformity in themselves and in others. She is typically worshiped by races such as gnolls (who claim they were created when Lamashtu took a hyena as her consort), goblins, and medusae.
The usual clothing of her human followers is that of a jackal mask (of leather or metal), a pair of swords or knives made to resemble Lamashtu's personal weapons, and a cloak of black feathers. Monstrous races wear much the same but typically forgo the mask.
Lamashtu's favor manifests as violent dreams, the appearance of sudden deformities, or unexplained pregnancies that often result in the painful (and sometimes fatal) birth of a deformed child. Worshipers who displease her may give birth to a "perfect" child, such as a human or halfling. They may also find themselves infertile or unable to achieve sexual satisfaction.

This is not a good idea.

A quick search of the Trickery Domain DOES find a whole lot of minor gods and goddesses with them: http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Category:Trickery_domain_deities

My personal favorite being Sivanah, the goddess of illusions.

Follow Nivi Rhombodazzle, that is my advice :P

Heh. Agreed. That would be why I was like Lamashtu doesn't actually seem like a good idea. Both Sivanah and Nivi Rhombodazzle seem like better choices. ^^ Would you allow Sun Wukong?

I would, though he's from another continent. You'll have to figure out how your gnome would even consider a god from the otherwise-mysterious Tian Xia.

Cool. I'll think on that. In the meantime, do you think a bard or a cleric would fit into the party better? I'm having a hard time deciding. XD

I'm going to vote Cleric, Bards are silly

Bards are silly, but so are gnomes. It would be a good fit. Bards are a jack-of-all-trades class better suited for when the party already has one of everything else, though...

...So yeah, Cleric is a good go.

Status
Not open for further replies.