Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader: The Interex Valhalla

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it wouldn't have mattered if I didn't have her aim first. Just so you know, Protag. I probably would've rolled the same 1 for my initiative test if I did it myself. RNG hates me xD
You probably pissed off the RNG when you denounced faith in general :)

FYI, EmperorsChosen, you need to roll you damage.

Shit. Will get on that.

And, no. It's hated me since before Xcom lol

Got it. Sorry about that. It's all good now.

Question. (s)

What is the spread on a fragmentation Stick Grenade in WH. How far can Slitta sprint in a movement, and whats the distance to the targers?

Throwing a Grenade if out past 100 meters should be nothing for slitta give how its based on str base unless I'm missing something.

Frag grenades have Blast (4), which means their blast radius is 4m. All targets roll hit location and damage separately (unless GM says otherwise*).

There's technically a difference between running and sprinting. Run is a Full Action that allows you to (generally) move 6 times your Agility bonus in meters as a full move. For Slitta and his AB of 3, that means he can move 18 meters. Sprint is a talent that lets you move twice that in a single Run Action (among a few other things, see page 107).

The enemies are (about) 40 meters away, going by this:
She starts charging forewards, 8 meters. She'll need to move 20 meters total before she can hit them with her flamethrower.
A Flamer's maximum range is 20m, so 20+20 equals 40.

Grenade Range is Strength Bonus times 3. Slitta's SB is 5 giving an impressive range of 15 meters. Use a BS test to fire like normal, with regular penalties for range. At over 2 times your range, you'll throw at a -10 Long Range penalty (and avoiding the -30 Extreme range penalty :D ).

*Rule 0 of this game is that the GM can change things at will.

I have waaay too much time on my hands.

Still do short, even with his dash ability...but with the grenade math now right, I should be able to sprint, and throw the grenade into the group, though idk how the enemy is spread out.

I should be able to sprint, and throw the grenade into the group
Run is a full action, Grenades (Standard attack) needs a half action. You only get 1 Action per turn....

(I'm a stickler for rules, don't judge me)

Also, I think we can assume that the enemies are grouped together, unless @Protagonist has anything to say.

Well would help if I knew what the distance was, honestly this doesn't work out so well when you don't have a map.

Still do short, even with his dash ability...but with the grenade math now right, I should be able to sprint, and throw the grenade into the group, though idk how the enemy is spread out.
The enemies are 40 meters away-they're in a row in a hallway 3 meters wide. You'll be able to hit them all pretty easily if you can throw your grenade into the group.

Okay no way I can do that in one turn. What do I need to advance under cover?

Or is it possible to do it in one turn?

Last edited:
Okay no way I can do that in one turn. What do I need to advance under cover?

Or is it possible to do it in one turn?
You could do it in one turn, I think, with a -10 range penalty.
Of course, as they say "almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades", and as long as your projectile is within 4 meters of the target you're attempting to hit (which is likely), you should do at least some damage

There is a mechanic for cover in Rogue Trader, however in this particular maze we're in there isn't any cover other than the corners themselves.

Since you want a map: I'm basing the maze we're in on Pac-Man's Maze (simply because it's a robust design). Here's an image of that:
latest

We're currently at that "r" shaped object right of Pac-Man's starting position. The big pellets are each one of the flags we need to grab.
The enemies are located north of us, at the bottom end of the sideways "T" shaped object.

Also, note that as your character is an Ork, running into fire is a fairly safe option here-you knock 8 damage off of any attack.

I'll likely do a two move sollution then to be sure they are in range. Anything special I need to roll, or just post my movements? Though I believe one of the abilities of the Ork allows me to fire on the move, at reduced accuracy.

I'll likely do a two move sollution then to be sure they are in range. Anything special I need to roll, or just post my movements? Though I believe one of the abilities of the Ork allows me to fire on the move, at reduced accuracy.
Brutal Charge? I think that only applies to melee attacks, I'm afraid. Specifically, what it says is:

A creature with this Trait deals an extra 3 points of damage with attacks made while charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see..So what do I need to roll to just move ahead as many meters as I can and lob a grenade, or will I need to divide that up?

If you're moving a half action, you get to move as many meters as your agility bonus (which in the case of your PC is 3), and if you're moving as a full action you get to move twice that (in your case, 6)

You can also run-which is a full action-you run 18 meters. You'd also be temporarily harder to shoot at.

In any event, you don't really need to roll anything as far as I can tell.

Alright I see then I'll just have him move up as with the full run or movement he's still at the edge of his range I'll post in a bit once I see that other thing you mentioned.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot you can do at this range. Orks kinda suck at ranged but they WRECK FACE in melee.

Reworked the orks stats with the canon guide I was given, the boy can move. Still dumb though other than some restating and the removal of bits that didn't apply to xenos little has changed. I'm just going to have him charge forward though I'll leave the distance up to you in the case of his run. if it would be 18 meters or more is beyond me. Honestly I may have to withdraw, I know a bit about Warhammer easily but the pnp rules are proving to be a minor headache as I have never done anything with this type of system before.

Ehh its pretty late here, if you want, go ahead and post for slitta in one of your turns, was going to have him rush forward in a run as far as he could. Otherwise not much else I can do. I'll post in the morning if its not a problem plus decide a couple of things then as well. Sorry, just not feeling it today with any of my rps.

Status
Not open for further replies.