War of the Roses [OOC chat]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kythera I'm thinking of making a gypsie dancer ( you know Esmerlda style) but would that be historically accurate? I've tried looking some stuff up but I'm not finding much
What Ner0 said :)

According to genetic scientists in the UK, the first Roma didn't arrive until 1513. However since the Roma were expelled and banned from entering in 1530, logically one would think they had been around longer than that in order to get people riled up enough to kick them out... Either way, I'm okay with you playing one, but as Ner0 said it'd probably make the most sense if she pretends to be a Christian to avoid persecution, or somehow conceals her identity. Alternatively, if she were employed by, say, the Queen or the Princess because they were just tickled pink by her dancing skills and wanted her as a permanent hired entertainer, she would have some degree of royal protection and not necessarily need to hide her heritage as much.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rin Mico and Ner0
I WILL EAT IT AND I WILL LOVE IT AND THEN I WILL BURP RAINBOWS LIKE JUSTIN'S CREEPY AV!

rainbow_nyan_by_boyofftheting-d4dbq8r.gif

• Love
Reactions: Ner0 and Justin
You can look at my spy, she is 17 though. Iwaku does allow 17 characters to be sexy just so you know.
We could work out something. What would you have in mind for them? I am trying to think how they would meet.

Also Lady Josselyn Baxton could take up another relationship as well or friendships or what not

Cassius as well can too :D

Reactions: Ner0
@Gateman in your CS for Oliver it says he's obsessed with the Queen, but you meant the Princess, right?

• Thank You
We could work out something. What would you have in mind for them? I am trying to think how they would meet.

Also Lady Josselyn Baxton could take up another relationship as well or friendships or what not

Cassius as well can too :D
Well, we could have it where he knew her father. Or, they could have met when she was on a job but not for the princess or anything.

Shall I post the starter?

Okay Shayla's should be up soon (you can sneak preview it in her test chambers... :P ) so let's get started! Woohoo time to [try to] kill a Queen!

Thread is started here: OPEN SIGNUPS - War of the Roses

We're starting off with a bang, so we have a bit of a finicky posting order for the first scene, so please don't post until your listed order.

1. @AceSorcerer Archbishop
2. Me as the Queen
3. @Gateman surprise NPCs
4. @AceSorcerer Sir Balder @Gateman Duncan @Andy guard -- no particular order for these three, just whoever's ready to go after Gate posts the NPCs go ahead
5. Everybody else's intro post -- no particular order, but only post once per character please
6. Me as the Queen
7. @AceSorcerer Sir Balder
8. FREE FOR ALL -- revert to rule that you wait for 2 other people to post before posting again with the same character

I'll be making a couple palace servant NPCs (as soon as my headache goes away I will post their pics in the signups...), and everyone at the palace can feel free to interact with them at any time. As long as you don't teleport them from another convo across the palace, you can just "run into them" in your post wherever they might logically be. They have varying levels of loyalty, so feel free to try to bribe, blackmail, threaten, or sweet-talk them into joining your cause. If anyone needs any other palace NPCs just let me know and I'll post as them. Of course, everyone is free to control their own NPCs that work directly for their character (personal servants, messengers, etc.). Shayla will control all the servants at Arundel Castle, and Justin all those at Dragonbolt Castle.

Any questions? @AceSorcerer go go go!

Okay... which IC is which? My other two will be up soon so expect ic posts to be by weekend I guess.

Oh also, forgot to say - please put your character name and role at the top of your post somewhere. Other than that you can format your posts however you like :)

• Useful
Okay Shayla's should be up soon (you can sneak preview it in her test chambers... :P ) so let's get started! Woohoo time to [try to] kill a Queen!

Thread is started here: OPEN SIGNUPS - War of the Roses

We're starting off with a bang, so we have a bit of a finicky posting order for the first scene, so please don't post until your listed order.

1. @AceSorcerer Archbishop
2. Me as the Queen
3. @Gateman surprise NPCs
4. @AceSorcerer Sir Balder @Gateman Duncan @Andy guard -- no particular order for these three, just whoever's ready to go after Gate posts the NPCs go ahead
5. Everybody else's intro post -- no particular order, but only post once per character please
6. Me as the Queen
7. @AceSorcerer Sir Balder
8. FREE FOR ALL -- revert to rule that you wait for 2 other people to post before posting again with the same character

I'll be making a couple palace servant NPCs (as soon as my headache goes away I will post their pics in the signups...), and everyone at the palace can feel free to interact with them at any time. As long as you don't teleport them from another convo across the palace, you can just "run into them" in your post wherever they might logically be. They have varying levels of loyalty, so feel free to try to bribe, blackmail, threaten, or sweet-talk them into joining your cause. If anyone needs any other palace NPCs just let me know and I'll post as them. Of course, everyone is free to control their own NPCs that work directly for their character (personal servants, messengers, etc.). Shayla will control all the servants at Arundel Castle, and Justin all those at Dragonbolt Castle.

Any questions? @AceSorcerer go go go!
@Andy, @AceSorcerer, wanna collab on the reaction to the NPCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.