Voyage of the Andromeda OOC/Signups (Space Sci Fi RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jwYearVSciFiArtWall044RowenaMorrill_zps5cfyolqv.jpg

Name: Yvette "Ivy" Lancaster
Position: Mech Fighter

Personality: Yvette is an old soul who struggles to adapt quickly to the fast pace technologies happening around her. She can seem a bit ditzy when around computers, gadgets and other forms of higher technology, but put her in a mech suit and her masterful skill of aerobatics and fights come into play.

A normally quiet, mature woman, "Ivy" comes across as the 'mother hen' by nature. She has no family of her own (as she is unable to naturally), and sees whatever team or crew as her family she wants to nurture and protect.

There are times Ivy can be fun and act hip. Parties, bars, and other forms of social gatherings are her weakness. Get her laughing and she is unable to stop with her booming laughter. A friendly aura surrounds her, comforting those around and sparks curiosity of the unusually tall woman. Many ask why she doesn't rank up from just a simple rank fighter, but Ivy believes that being a mech fighter is what she is born to do and is committed to that position.

While looking and sounding a bit intimidating and harsh, Ivy is truly a sweetheart when out of her mech suit. Inside the mechanical beast however, Ivy is a monster and will fight to the end, thanks to her previous training in the Alliance.

History: When asked, Ivy will always begin her story at her wedding day, which is always described in being the best and worst day in her life. Everything was going as planned for the average woman, settling down after years of running around as a diner chef, a very unstable career earning very little money. At one of the many diners she worked at, she met her husband at the age of 30, a space ship mechanic who owned his own shop. He was a very ordinary man with humble ways, stable, independent, with a charming smile and personality. Yvette instantly attached herself to the man and only a year later they got married with the plan of having children in the following year.
With the war between the Alliance and the Confederacy of the United Systems just starting, Yvette's husband was recruited by the Alliance to be part of the mechanic crew for their all their ships and mechs. The shop was taken by the Alliance and her husband was 'drafted' into the war. Yvette became a military wife, unable to see her husband during his enlistment even though the shop was only a 45 minute drive from their home.

Her husband was killed when working on a mobile mechanic unit, shot down by the Confederacy. Two months later, Yvette joined the Alliance in part to avenge her husband and to continue earning his money for his service. She became the oldest mech fighters in the Alliance, but with her young reflexes and more mature mind, she flourished in the fight, until the day finally arrived when she was struck down. It was suspected during the medical reports that she was pregnant at the time of the strike down.

Yvette was placed on an honorable discharge because of her missing arm and new bionic lungs, earning her husband's salary along with disability.

Her injuries haven't corrupted her mind about the Confederacy as it was all the sport of war. Her vengeance for her husband subsided, thanks to her age and an better outlook on life. Since her leave of the Alliance, Yvette traveled doing odd jobs, but missed the thrill of being a mech fighter.

Other: During a bloody battle in the Alliance, Ivy was struck with a near death blow to her former mech suit. The cockpit cracked nearly across, depressurizing it. Ivy's arm was instantly crushed while her legs and abdomen completely collapsed, suffocating her to death.
Luckily, medic arrived and an emergency operation saved Ivy. She was fitted with a robotic arm powered by an external pack and a single bionic lung replacement. She is unable to have kids naturally.

Reactions: Dunruffle
mecha_pilot_by_skiorh-d5l3mhp.jpg

Name: Quinn Tark
Appearance: Stern but kind face, green eyes, white hair, standing at 5'6
Position: Mech Pilot
Personality: Quinn is a stern individual when it comes to her duties but can loosen up when the time is right. When she does loosen up she can be quite loud and fun, but as soon as it's time to pilot her mech she will hunker down and get down to business. If she notices others messing around when it's time to be serious she will not hesitate to call them out.

History: Ever since Quinn was a child anything mechanical fascinated her, when she was 10 she got in trouble for dismantling her dads motorcycle so she could learn how the bike worked. When Quinn turned 18 she joined the Alliance military her hope was to originally be a simple mechanic for any and all ships. When she got to the academy she was awe struck by the amazing mech suits that were walking around the academy. Since that moment she wanted to work with mechs, she took a few classes at the academy for general mechanical engineering. As soon as she was able she began the mech pilot courses. With her mechanical background she was able to fine tune her mech to better suit her needs which helped her with her classes, many nights she studied manual after manual to help her better understand every aspect of the Alliance mechs, what they can withstand, what could damage them easily, and what they could easily damage. Since her graduation Quinn has used the same mech that she was first assigned and just continues to repair it. One thing she is adamant about is that no other mechanic can work on her mech.

Other: Quinn has a custom revolver with her at most times

sci_fi_revolver_by_powerpointranger-d9qpza2.png

insero_character_design_3_by_guesscui-d3ixv5o.jpg

Name: Clive Yarin
Appearance: Brown eyes, beard, caring face, 5'7
Position: Scout

Personality: Clive is an energetic individual who has a taste for adventure and exploring. Clive is not afraid to take risks but will never take any that could put others in harms way. Clive can be a bit of a goof but knows when to quiet down when the time is appropriate.

History: As a kid he loved reading stories of ancient explorers discovering things all over earth and even recent explorers who have discovered new worlds in space. Clive always wanted to discover things for himself, he joined the Alliance Academy to explore the galaxy. In the academy he took courses on tracking, hand to hand combat, and geography. Being a risk taker Clive is always fine being the first on the ground and surveying the area before other units drop more soldiers.

Other: His hand to hand combat weapon is a specially designer javelin

commission__z_303_zeus_javelin_by_aiyeahhs-d7tbzpt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys everything is looking good. If anyone who has one character wants to add another character feel free to do so. If not then I will get ready to make the IC.

Name: Scarlett Kassanov

Position: Sniper

Personality: Reserved and easygoing, Scarlett is overall an agreeable girl with a dangerous knack for shooting things. Despite her talent and notoriety, she shows very little ambition and prefers to keep herself shrouded in modest ranging gear (pictured) to avoid recognition (when she's not in her appointed Sniper gear).

History: Scarlett waved good bye to her parents for the last time at age 11, as her father hastily signed away her life to the Sniper Academy - all a calculated politician's plan to spread the name Kassanov across space. Showing an innate talent with guns, her father quickly seized the opportunity on turning his youngest daughter into a political tool, demanding that she sets an example for all to witness. Upon graduation, her father used his influence to appoint her as an official member of the esteemed warship, Andromeda, under the command of Admiral Gerald Maupin.

Last edited:
ok guys almost ready to launch. One more person has voiced an interest so we only need to wait another day or so before we start.

alright i will be making the IC thread shortly :D

Nope I just made him up spur of the moment

No improvements and suggestions from me just yet. I'm sure no improvements will be needed, but I will think of some suggestions for the rp since I love helping out.

I'm enjoying the rp in its beginning so far.~

Any chance there's a spot I could jump into?

Sure, all the spots are listed in the first post

Here's my characters! Let me know if they are all good!

Name: Sgt. Jack Roland
Appearance:
outta_space_crazy_dude_by_brenze.jpg
Position: Assault Trooper

Personality:
To most people Jack seemed like the average soldier. Jack's days were spent drinking, playing card games, and telling jokes. To the officers of the ship Jack was like every other soldier, loved to gamble, enjoyed fist-fights, drunk when not on duty, and seemed to be dumb as a bulkhead. Unlike the officers, almost every soldier respected Jack. Some soldiers even owe their lives to Jack's quick thinking and ingenuity in the field.

History:
Jack was sixteen when the war started, which meant he had enough time to get good with rifles and earn himself a position among the Alliance's Mechanized Infantry. Jack was only nineteen when he was set on his first mission, a small reinforcement operation for a company of troops policing a rebellious moon. When Jack's platoon arrived, the battle had already begun. Jack didn't know how many civilians he had killed under the order of his officer. Jack had done plenty of missions since then, the kills and faces have become too many for him to count or remember. Two years ago Jack was pulled from the Mechanized Infantry to be re-assigned as a Orbital Drop Marine on the Andromeda starship. It took a little while to adjust, but Jack has just found his space legs.

Name: Lcpt. Eleanor Bose

Appearance:
hardcore_tutorial_character_final_version2_5_by_dustsplat-d6ad56h.jpg
Position: Helmsman

Personality:
Lieutenant Captain Bose was fresh from the academy, you could tell from the sharp salutes, concise language, and youthfulness in her face. When Lieutenant Captain Bose was off duty, she seemed normal enough, she liked to drink a small amount, talk with friends, and then end her day. On duty, Lieutenant Captain Bose

History:
El joined the military academy at the young age of seventeen. Since her family was nobility on their planet, it was no problem for her to earn a high ranking among the fleet. When she heard of the Piloting & Navigation Special Training. To her families and superiors surprise Ensign Bose denied the commanding officer position of a small frigate, a promotion that would have set on the course to becoming an admiral. Instead she aced every single test of the Helmsmen Training and a year later was given the honor of being Primary Helmsmen of the Andromeda Assault Cruiser.

Alright guys. Sir pinkleton has dropped out. So anyone who might be looking at this thread and thinking of joining, sir pinkleton's characters are up for grabs

So are we still going or is this pretty much dead?

I dunno, I am giving everyone one or two more days then asking them

I could post, just was hoping for a bit more space from my last post :P

Reactions: Kingmaker747
Status
Not open for further replies.