Voyage of the Andromeda OOC/Signups (Space Sci Fi RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thornapple

Waiting for your post
I might actually have to pop out. Got appointed Recruit Chief Petty Officer for the group of Future Sailors in my city so I've been really busy with PT and studying and teaching :/ Or at least I dont think I'll be able to make posts at the speed that everyone in this group wants. Feel free to take control of my character anyone

Reactions: Kingmaker747
Alright thanks for the notice, and good luck

th (3).jpe
Character Sheet:
Name: Cassandra Brandford
Appearance: As seen above. Black hair that shines blue in the light, brown eyes. She is 5' 7" tall and slender but strong due to a few enhancements she agreed to during medical school. The thin scars on her face are from one such enhancement. Her right eye is artificial, and is equipped with a sensor that can scan a human for broken bones, internal damage, etc.

Position: Head Doctor

Personality:She is very strong willed and minded. Her opinions are not always kept to herself but she can be tactful when the occasion calls for it. She is passionate about her work, and values all life as sacred. She has a hard time making friends, but once she is your friend you have a loyal ally and confidante. She is driven and resourceful, and will work herself into exhaustion to save a life. She possesses dry wit that is sometimes misconstrued. It is rare to see her smile, but she does when she is not working. (which admittedly is rare)

History: Cassandra was born into a fairly poverty stricken family. Her father was a menial laborer in the mines carrying heavy things that others had no desire to tote to the more remote areas of the mines where the rails did not yet connect the tunnels. He was a good man, hard-working and honest.To help with expenses they decided to allow borders to rent the room out a room they had fashioned in the lower level of their dwelling. Sadly, one of those renters took a liking to her mother and forced her to leave with him. Cassandra had been there and the man had forbidden her to follow saying he would kill her mother if she did. She was 10 years old at the time and had no idea how to help her mother aside from calling the neighbors to tell them what had happened. The neighbors refused to help her so she ran to the next. She finally came upon a man in a uniform, and if you asked her now she still could not tell you what kind of uniform it was or what it signified, all she remembers is that he helped her. Unfortunately, they found her mother dead, brutally murdered lying in a ditch just outside town. She was taken home and the uniformed man waited with her until her father arrived home. She listened as the man explained what had happened, and saw her father fall to his knees and cry. Something she had never seen before or since. The man, as it happens, turned out to be a paramedic who was on his way home for the day. He had tried to save her mother but finally was forced to give up. His efforts to help her that day led her to the medical field. She wanted to be able to save people from dire situations and circumstances and return them back to their families if she could. She never knew his name, but he had a profound effect on her life. She attended medical school and was among the top three percent of her class. She allowed experimentation to be done on her person in order to offset the cost of the education, as well as advance medical science. She is an avid reader and a very quick study. Her implanted eye can pull up anything she has ever read and display it before her, which comes in very handy when making diagnoses of rare viruses or injuries. She has never married nor created any family of her own. Her father passed away in a mining accident 4 years ago and so she felt no particular attachment to her home town. She was approached to head the medical staff of the Andromeda and after much deliberation she agreed to accept the position.

Other: In addition to her eye, she also has implants in her right leg and left arm. The implant in her leg enables her to jump rather high over 10 feet. The one in her left arm gives her lifting strength (She has yet to encounter a patient she could not lift one armed). Though she is unaware of the fact there is also a device implanted at the base of her brain that transmits information back to the man who implanted the eye. He did so in order to study the longevity and usefulness of the device. (It could be possible for it to be intercepted and someone could gain access to that...just for an FYI)

Name: Kasper Valeri
Appearance:
jared_padalecki_by_noctemus_d8sd2g3.jpg

Position: Head Engineer
Personality: Kasper enjoys answering questions with a touch of his borderline arrogant sarcasm, but he's a calm and focused person, mostly. He does respect those around him, and recognizes that every job is important, but he (verbally) puts down plenty of people for humour's sake.
During a stressful situation, he knows to remain calm- and concentrate on how to avert the worst.
History: Raised initially in a wealthy caste system society by his single father, Kasper naturally had an interest in engineering and mechanics from even a young age. However, he didn't want to continue the same job that had run through his family for years.
He did get his wish- after leaving his home at 17, though he had no idea what he could do for work, he found himself using his education to get occasional jobs, but ended up joining the navy after months of drifting.
Training was harder than he had expected; persevering got him through to working as a ship mechanic in a station, slowly proving his skill to the ADS, even more so when the protests hit the Alliance harder than before.
His experienced service among engineers and even troops was seen as a great asset for the Andromeda, as it was known that someone in charge of running the ship's maintenance had to be the best.
As it

Reactions: Dunruffle
I will have a post up for the crew back on the ship tomorrow. First I need some sleep

I will have a post up for the crew back on the ship tomorrow. First I need some sleep

Can I join or is it too late?

Name: Shaemus Riddell

Appearance: Wastelander Portraits_ Specter by Wasteland-Warriors_deviantart_com on ___.jpg

Position: Advance scout/sniper

Personality: Cold and calculating, Shaemus generally keeps to himself, saying only what he needs to at any given time. He isn't necessarily hostile to the other crew members as he will drop almost anything to save a squad mate, even if it means compromising his position. After living on alone for a number of years he tends to solve arguments in a simple manner, with a headbutt to the offending persons nose.

History: Sheamus was born a spacer in the outer colonies to a mercenary crew, raised to overwatch the others when they would raid planets, around his 17th birthday, the crew he was with attempted a raid on a pirate wasteland (In hindsight a really bad idea) and watched from a distance as they slaughtered his family and friends. Using his rifle he picked off two pirates before hiding away in the wastelands, killing and eating various animals to survive, honing his sniper skills and reflexes to a superhuman level as the years past. 3 years later he was trading meat and skins to the local villages in exchange for ammo, he was approached by an Alliance soldier who had disembarked his ship while he was resupplying, offering to take him off world.

Sheamus took the offer and eventually joined the alliance himself, making a name for himself within command as a quick-witted scout and sniper. Although he prefers to dress like a wastelander, he is always clean shaven and tidy.

Other: Shaemus's combat gear is slightly modified, including pockets that hold extra food, water and ammo located on his back. He also carries a hunting knife strapped to his upper left arm.

I am going out of town for 2 days. Leaving tomorrow morning very early and will be back very late Friday night. I'll check all my alerts when i get back. Thanks everyone!

I almsot forgot. Each mech is equipped with a guass cannon, a micro missle pod, and chaff/smoke launchers

Going to post later today.

ETA: Scratch that. It will definitely be Wednesday. Thought I would be done studying for an exam...but the info just isn't sinking in. Sorry about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dunruffle
Status
Not open for further replies.