Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lord Wraith sorry i'll try to finish it by the end of the week

Woot! Looking forward to it!

With the riots about wrapped up and the fire resolved, pending a response from GoldMarble I'll be advancing the plot forward come Monday (Maybe Tuesday as I have less class that day). Likely jump forward a day or so and Ewan will be heading up the mountain while I introduce new side plots.

Just for clarification purposes, the part of the city that Tony is in is partially flooded, right? And he has a squad of goons with him?

I read the posts, but just wanted to make sure sure. That, and I read them a few days ago, can't FULLY remember and am slightly too lazy to go through and read again.

I know Gold's character is about to go up against Tony, so I was going to maybe, possibly, jump in on that.

Just for clarification purposes, the part of the city that Tony is in is partially flooded, right? And he has a squad of goons with him?

I read the posts, but just wanted to make sure sure. That, and I read them a few days ago, can't FULLY remember and am slightly too lazy to go through and read again.

I know Gold's character is about to go up against Tony, so I was going to maybe, possibly, jump in on that.
You got 'er Pontiac. Tony and his King's are in the Paradise on the Water district. That would be a great place for Sarks to jump in.

Yeah, I'm putting that Val has a place there and he's searching for her.

With the riots about wrapped up and the fire resolved, pending a response from GoldMarble I'll be advancing the plot forward come Monday (Maybe Tuesday as I have less class that day). Likely jump forward a day or so and Ewan will be heading up the mountain while I introduce new side plots.
Which should mean that everyone's timelines will sync up! And by everyone, I mean I'll sync up with the rest of the players, because i'm awkward and difficult and just had to start Taro on the morning after the fire that everyone else was dealing with.

Also, Ewan may, therefore, be the first the meet our lion-y friend. As his mind is unreadable to the Martrax, this might be the most interesting outcome.

I am very interested in this RP. Is there a spot open? And am I able to make more than one character? More specifically; two.

I am very interested in this RP. Is there a spot open? And am I able to make more than one character? More specifically; two.
I only allow one character to start, after you've posted on a consistent basis you're then able to create a second character. Reason behind that is I've seen people make multiple sheets of excellent quality and then not use one or either of them wasting both their and my time. I find that someone consistent in posting is more committed and therefore allowing them a second character will benefit the RP as a whole. I also request however that the multiple characters not be designed to play off one another. No one likes watching you play with yourself ;)

• Love
Reactions: Stein
I was thinking of making a retired heavy metal musician who has a few connections with Ewan from the past and well, have some rivalry between them since I'm also going to make him a club owner. Though the problem is, I don't actually know if I can be consistent with that character as I still have to develop my first one.

I was thinking of making a retired heavy metal musician who has a few connections with Ewan from the past and well, have some rivalry between them since I'm also going to make him a club owner. Though the problem is, I don't actually know if I can be consistent with that character as I still have to develop my first one.
Metal club? lol If you're worried about being inconsistent then perhaps it would be best to stick with the one character for now. That said it's entirely up to you in the end.

It's been so long since I've RPed, that I forgot about the worst part of the process: the wait for that next post.

Whoever said patience is a virtue was the type of bitch to keep people waiting 3 weeks for a post.

Sorry for my incessant slacking, I will most definitely be getting a post up today. Finishing catching up on the IC, then I have to run errands, but I've cleared my schedule otherwise.

@Magical Caffeine I would kindly like to request you space your paragraphs better, and would also appreciate you looking over your dialogue before you post to check if it works well. Thank you.

Sorry It's taking me so long to make a CS, But I hit a block when thinking about things like her Backstory and stuff like that. What should the age range for a Magni character be, as it says they can live for quite a while.

It's been so long since I've RPed, that I forgot about the worst part of the process: the wait for that next post.

Whoever said patience is a virtue was the type of bitch to keep people waiting 3 weeks for a post.
I already replied to you though :(
Sorry It's taking me so long to make a CS, But I hit a block when thinking about things like her Backstory and stuff like that. What should the age range for a Magni character be, as it says they can live for quite a while.
For an adept range you're looking at a starting range of fifty years to roughly a hundred years old.

Anytime I see anyone use the word 'sweet' as an exclamation of joy I always think of Spridle Racer from the Speed Racer film directed by the Wachowzki's.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm now picturing Stein as a young, decidedly tubby boy, who watches a lot of Saturday Morning Cartoons and whose best friend is a chimp.

Moving on, I'm keeping up to date with the IC and will post again when timelines collide. In the meantime, I'll be working on some of my own stuff, as well as generally lurking and waiting for the perfect time to say something potentially witty.

I'm just going to leave this here. Working away on it presently though.

• | NAME: |
    Veronica Cassandra De Vitis II​

| ALIAS(ES): |
    Cassie​

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Crescent City, California​

| SPECIES: |
    Homo-Virium​

| D.O.B.: |
    November 8​

| AGE: |
    17​

| SEX: |
    Female​

| SEXUALITY: |
    Heterosexual​

| APPEARANCE: |
    Slender and petite, Cassie stands at 5' 3" and weighs roughly a hundred and fifteen pounds. The small brunette looks to be anything but an Atlas-Type Hyperhuman. Rather innocent looking, Cassie has large brown doe eyes which generally help her get whatever she wants especially when combined with her full lips. Her ears have several small piercings within them, notable three on the left ear and five on the right. Extending down her back, Cassie has an intricate tribal tattoo with lotus flowers intertwined within it. Her clothing changes on a regular basis mainly due to a need to remained unidentified by local law enforcement but generally Cassie like most girls her age, Cassie prefers to wear the popular name brands. Often wearing what would be considered 'too much' makeup, Cassie appears older than she is allowing her to enter some of the seedier joints around the city.​

| CLASSIFICATION: |
    Atlas​
  • | ABILITIES: |
    Cassie's body produces a malleable bio-electric field which surrounds her body increasing her strength and durability. This field can be extended as Cassie has the ability envelope others in order to protect them as well as use the field to grasp and encompass items in a surrounding radius of ten feet. At peak strength and condition, Cassie is capable of lifting ten metric tonnes above her head and supporting up to fifteen. Often used in a manner similar to telekinesis, Cassie is capable of unleashing devastating attacks on any one unfortunate enough to get in her way. Her bio-electric field is also strong enough to ward off small arms fire however it will shatter under repeated stress. Larger arms and heavier caliber weapons can immediately puncture the field. Since this field is also what gives Cassie her strength, the more stressed it is the less durable it becomes. An example of this would be if Cassie was pushing her limits by lifting an object, her field wouldn't be able to keep her from harm and could potentially shatter from even a single punch. The field can also shatter from Cassie pushing it too far, risking her dropping the object she's attempting to lift on top of herself.

In desperate times, Cassie can also weaponize her field. By charging up the bio-electric current, Cassie can unleash a blast of energy which encompasses the same radius as her full range of attack. This blast has a concussive force of about five tonnes but comes at the cost of completely destroying her bio-electric field rendering Cassie human until it has time to recharge. This recharge time is entirely dependent on Cassie's health and the activity done immediately afterwards. Sleep, rest and nourishment speeds her recovery minimizing it down to anywhere between six and eight hours. Further physical activity however can extend to almost twenty four hours whereas continual stress on her body can make regenerating her bio-electric field a nearly indefinite process.​

| SKILLS: |

| LIMITATIONS: |
    Cassie is limited by both how much she can lift and how far her reach is.Furthermore, while it may seem that her bio-electric field can be used in a nature like telekinesis, Cassie can not and will never be able to use the same fine motor movements with it as one could do with their hands. While a person with telekinesis could pick a lock or even simply open a door, Cassie could only break down the door with her ability.​

| WEAKNESSES: |
    Cassie's bio-electric field is only externalized while she is conscious, if she's asleep or otherwise unconscious Cassie will have no means of defense.​

| APPLICATIONS: |
  • | WEAPONS: |

| TOOLS: |

| ATTIRE: |
  • | BACKSTORY: |

• | SAMPLE POST: |
    The pub was particularly packed this Friday evening as the live music echoed through the small establishment while the waitresses in their tight black tops ran around bringing drinks and towering plates of wings to the many awaiting tables. Normally Cassie would have been working behind the bar but with the 'Stein and Cauldron' overcrowded, Serena had asked Cassie to take to the floor. The smell of alcohol permeated the room while various wing sauces added accents ranging from sweet to tangy to the thick smoke smell of barbeque. Walking up to a table with her notepad drawn, Cassie looked down only now realizing that perhaps the pleated skirt she had worn tonight wasn't the best choice as even the mandatory server apron was longer than it.

"What'll it be boys?" Cassie said as she clicked a pen and put it down on the pad while looking at the four men before her. Looking at each of the men they appeared to meet the standard 'frat boy' stereotypes. 'V-Necked' Shirt on one, popped collar polo on another, one was still wearing his sunglasses indoors and had enough grease in his hair to a make a McDonald's grill blush. Cassie looked up as she heard of them obnoxiously clear his throat as the man in the polo began to speak.

"Another round of MGD, bottles for each of us, Sweet Cheeks. And a platter of the suicide wings. I only like things that are smokin' hot." He said as he leaned back, looking Cassie up and down, his tongue sliding across his lips nearly causing Cassie to gag in her mouth. Despite sitting in the middle, his arms still had tremendous reach as he stretched his hand out, the man with the popped collar winked at his friends while nodding towards their waitress and her short skirt. Turning to walk away, Cassie felt a smack as her skirt was briefly lifted. Biting down on her lip, she felt her face go red as she paused before speaking.

"You Sir, get a sandwich on the house!" Cassie said in a 'valley girl' like tone, forcing herself to release the death glare from her face, replacing it with a freshly painted and much forced smile while turning to the man who had slapped her behind. He looked up at her smugly, a look of pure amusement in his eyes as he sat surrounding by his snickering 'brothers'. It took all of Cassie's restraint to not take his beer and beat him over the head before shanking him with it till he bled out on the floor.

"Oh yeah, well why don't you hurry and make it for me, Sweet Cheeks?" The man said as he swigged his beer, nearly falling off his chair laughing while his gathered friends all joined in on the mirth. Cassie's grin grew from forced to genuine as she realized just how much she was about to enjoy administering her own brand of justice on this depraved excuse for a man. She had lived among rough men before but none of them would have dared touched her. Placing her tray down on the table beside her, she nodded to the table nearby as she excused her actions in advanced.

"Oh but I already have it right here for you." Cassie's tone was sweet and innocent only to be broken as she suddenly pulled her arm back and swung hard. The echoing of knuckles colliding with a hollow skull echoed through the 'Cauldron as the man hit the floor, his beer shattering as glass and alcohol spread across the floor. "I hope you like 'knuckle'." Cassie snarled as she turned her back and headed for the bar amidst the cheers and hollers of the other patrons. "I still expect a tip." Cassie called back to the frat boys which only served to elicit more laughter from the 'Cauldron's patrons.​

| HOME PLANET: |

• | [CHARACTER NAME] | [IMPRESSION] | [RELATIONSHIP] | [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.