Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lord Wraith , could you think of any possible ways Sarks could come in? I'm trying to think of a way that would work for him, taking in to account his personality.

I'm just trying to mull it over and figure something out lol

Hmm first thing that comes to mind is having him show at Nevermind for a drink only to find it temporarily converted into a relief centre. That aside I'd suggest either helping out in the Beach area with the break ins or going toward Old Stone mountain for the main plot but showing up at Nevermind could accomplish the same thing.

@Raijinslayer, just like with Quetzalcoatl, Ra, and Set back on NaNoWriMo, make sure you limit him well, and I mean incredibly well.
Being able to create anything as long as he has the material and energy is kind of a mega ass power, and while it can be useful and might have it's place in this RP, if it is done correctly, it is dangerous if it is not limited properly as it can become highly overpowered, and from what I know, Wraith does not look kindly upon OP chars :)
I'm not the one making final calls, and I know you are far from done since there aren't any weaknesses, limitations, or applications listed for his power, but I still wanted to let you know.

(Ps: confused? Look at my avatar, and my character on page 4 of this thread. You'll understand)

@Raijinslayer

Each of the other two Vulcan's specialize in an area. We didn't say we could create anything as it has extreme limitations. An example is of my own. She can only create things that have an electrical or powere current moving through them. She can just raise a wall of metal because she doesn't comprehend how.

@Raijinslayer, just like with Quetzalcoatl, Ra, and Set back on NaNoWriMo, make sure you limit him well, and I mean incredibly well.
Being able to create anything as long as he has the material and energy is kind of a mega ass power, and while it can be useful and might have it's place in this RP, if it is done correctly, it is dangerous if it is not limited properly as it can become highly overpowered, and from what I know, Wraith does not look kindly upon OP chars :)
I'm not the one making final calls, and I know you are far from done since there aren't any weaknesses, limitations, or applications listed for his power, but I still wanted to let you know.

(Ps: confused? Look at my avatar, and my character on page 4 of this thread. You'll understand)
I have some planned, so don't worry. Also, it's a pleasant surprise to see you here as well.

@Raijinslayer

Each of the other two Vulcan's specialize in an area. We didn't say we could create anything as it has extreme limitations. An example is of my own. She can only create things that have an electrical or powere current moving through them. She can just raise a wall of metal because she doesn't comprehend how.
Okay, I'll limit him down to just being able to make weapons or weaponize stuff, like turning the sidewalk into a bunch of spikes or swords. Stuff like that.

I have some planned, so don't worry. Also, it's a pleasant surprise to see you here as well.

Okay, I'll limit him down to just being able to make weapons or weaponize stuff, like turning the sidewalk into a bunch of spikes or swords. Stuff like that.

That's horribly impractical. You need to have multiple applications for your abilities. Characters built only for combat are no good to me here. This isn't an arena role play, it's a world spanning story.

Raijin, I've been here for ages, tucked away and enjoying the fine delicacies of good roleplays.

Ps: you do know that unless he has the power to make concrete into iron or steel, the swords are going to be kinda brittle and pointless?

My character is built around technological areas. Making a Vulcan isnt easy as it isnt just 'Oh! I make this!" no, its more of the I need this, this and this to make this 'Useful' object. She can range from making Key card to access doors to making an AED machine to help people. She can even construct turrets if she had the resources around her. My character is an idiot when it comes to guns and fighting. But! She knows how to make things to protect herself. I plan on playing her as a more supportive individual.

An Example for one of her creations. Take an Turret. First, she would need to go find and rip material out of something with a motorized part. Next she would need the base components for the microchips and optical relays so the turret can adjust and see whats in front of it. Next, she would need to get a gun. The bigger the gun the bigger the turret has to be. It all comes down to the bigger it is the more material it is. As for the rising spikes out of the ground.. Concrete spikes aren't durable. You would need the material around you to make them metal. It isnt just 'Boom!' Metal spikes out of the ground. You would need to find a suitable material to synthesize metal out of.

Reactions: Lord Wraith
An example of one of the past Vulcans: light manipulation and light construct creation. Out of light objects were created and light could be used to fly, or blind opponents. It all had one binding thing, there had to be enough light to bend. (Or light stored in herself as she could absorb light)

So what we're trying to get at here I think is.. It's a little too vague and too broad spectrum. Does that make sense?

I don't know if this is the right time to say this but, all of the character descriptions are supposed to be outside of the "|" ... whatever it's called. So, not everything is bolded and all that.

Actually multiple have done that by now. I'm not quite sure why o.o'

Maybe I don't need to deputize anyone. You guys already got this.

• Love
Reactions: Roman
Alright so starting today those who haven't posted have a week's grace before they're rendered inactive. So just some house keeping notes.

UNFINISHED SHEETS:
@WanderingSpirit
@TheManyScalesOfJustice
@Gowi
@Salsacookies

If any of the above players intend to finish their sheets I'll leave them be, otherwise I shall be deleting them by the end of the week to clear up some of the clutter in the OOC. Not posting in this thread will lead to me enacting the 'Silence is Compliance' policy.

@Stein am I okay to delete the unfinished Avina sheet and Sarks' draft sheet with the corrupted coding?

ACCEPTED PLAYERS YET TO POST:
@virtual_girl
@Stein

POSTS NEEDED FROM:
@Goldmarble
@Hillan
@Nightrunner

Even if you weren't tagged, I still encourage you to post (naturally :P), looking forward to moving onwards with Vigilance since we have a whole new year before us and expanding this world.

Right I've been being lazy, naturally.
I wasn't tagged, but we've spoken and we both know I need to post. So I'll work on getting one up tonight, hopefully, or tomorrow at the latest.

• Thank You
Oh yeah, you can delete that first Sarks portion. But not Avina just yet. I think I want to save her information

Oh yeah, you can delete that first Sarks portion. But not Avina just yet. I think I want to save her information
No worries! I thought you might want her haha

Cracking the whip, Nate! Good for you to do so, I've just had a lot of stuff bogging me down and demanding responsibilities all around. Just to let you know, I'll still be driving myself to complete the sheet and formally join the RP. Sorry for delays regarding this.

Go ahead and delete mine, I'll get to making a character later on. Hope this Rp's doing well, looks fun, just can't quite properly describe my character adequately enough.

Considering all of the advice that has been given to me, as well as a flash of inspiration that struck me during a drive home while thinking abut this, I have decided on making a different character. But a quick question, Could hybrids between Hyper Human classifications ever be possible? The reason I say this is because I'm not sure how to classify her powers that I currently have in mind in any other way and, even if my character isn't one, I think it would make for a cool plot.

Erm no, a power always falls in 1 category. If you don't know which category it belongs in, Wraith can help because he knows them better than anyone else ever could. Sure a Juno and a Minerva could have a child but that doesn't make a Juno/Minerva powered child.

Status
Not open for further replies.