Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
Hello all! My name is Noah and welcome to "Vengeance of the Void." With some Skyrim and Game of Thrones inspirations, this roleplay tells the story of 7 citizens of the Kingdom of Aoedien. The High King has called upon the 7 provinces of Aoedien to gather all their best warriors and send them to the Capitol to participate in a mysterious tournament. Nothing has been revealed about this tournament except that the citizens who win will be presented a special prize from the King himself. As the 7 tournament winners will come to find, the tournament is not even a stepping stone for the adventure ahead. Together, they will have to find a way to stop a dark force from creeping across the land and destroying everything in its wake.

Basically, it is a fun story, taking place in a midevil, Skyrim type world that will require 5-7 dedicated people to participate. The seven roleplayers will take on the role of the tournament winners and each will represent a different province (and race if you choose.)

RULES

- Need dedicated writers
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be active at least once every two days (although I'd prefer every day.) If someone is not active for 4 days or more, their character will most likely be killed. If there is a circumstance, of course we will understand and hold off, just let us know.
- There will be no god modding, over powered characters, magic (until maybe later,) or unrealistic weaponry. - Moderate writing ability. I don't like one or two sentence responses! They kill the story!
- I'm also taking a risk by not making out stats for each character to decide fights. I like the freedom of you guys deciding what happens in the fights. All I ask is that you are open to defeat and realistic with the fights, because you will lose. No character in any reality is unable to be bested. If I decide you are too over powered or that you are being unrealistic in a fight, I will make quick work of fixing that issue. Basically, just be humble and smart. Obviously if you are a peasant with some backyard experience clashing swords with a trained knight head on, you will lose. I will be putting my faith in you so please just be good a roleplaying partner and have some fun!

I know all these strict requirements seem harping and serious and make me seem like a stuck up tool and an ass, but I'm a really laid back gm and I like to make fun and interesting roleplays. The only reason I have so many requirements is because I find when you do an rp like this and don't have a rule set, things go poorly very quick and the rp dies. If you meet the few requirements and can deal with the rules, then join! If you do join this roleplay, you won't be disappointed! We have good people, a well thought out story arc and history, and a pretty bad ass gm if I do say so myself ;D Below is the information on each province, as well as the character sheet. Looking forward to getting started!

PROVINCE INFO

1. Rothar
large.jpg

Rothar is a human territory that has an old city/castle environment. Those that come from this province are brave, chivalrous, daring, and couragous. People from this province are seen as noble, similar to how we see the military. They are the province of the Lion.

2. Harthgor
a1145885da30122e916d867187c1f272.jpg
Harthgor is a dwarven territory that has a snowy mountain enviornment. Those that come from this province are hearty, traditional, quick-tempered, with a lot heart. People from this province are seen as gruff and emotionless, strong, and dirty. They are the province of the Bear.

3. A'ethluma
large.jpg

A'ethluma is an elven territory that has a forrest enviornment. Those from this province are intelligence, full of wit and wisdom, creative, and original. People from this province are seen as pompous and cocky, slightly vain and full of themselves. They are the province of the Stag.

4. Kingscote
52892633-hawk-wallpaper.jpg

Kingscote is a multi-race thieves guild territory that has a port town enviornment. Those from this province are cunning, resourceful, and ambitious. People from this province are seen as scummy no good scoundrels. They are the province of the Hawk.

5. Mount Ba'silt
large.jpg

Mount Ba'silt is a multi-race blacksmith territory that is located inside a non active volcano. Those from this province are apathetic, passionate, loyal, and independent. People from this province are seen as hard-working, neglectful, and passionate. They are the province of the Wolf.

6. Coalcliff
large.jpg

Coalcliff is a multi-race miner territory that has a desert cave enviornment. Those from this province are family-oriented, trustworthy, and caring. People from this province are seen as itimidating and forgettable. They are the province of the Owl.

7. Oakheart
camargue-horse-france-340x2.jpg

Oakheart is a multi-race, poor peasant village that has a farming/plains enviornment. Those from this province are humble, dedicated, patient, loyalty, and fair. People from this province are seen as dirty, sleezy, and diseased. They are the province of the Horse.

CHARACTER SHEET

Username:

Character Name:

Appearance:

Race: (possibilities include human, elf, dwarf, orc, half elf, half orc, halfling, and qunari)

Small physical description: (especially if you don't have a pic)

Native province: (where are you from?)

Current province: (where do you live?)

Small description of past: (try not to give everything away)

Personality:

Hobbies:

Skills:

3 strengths:

3 weaknesses:

Weapon set:

Clothing:

Misc:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Dovahkiin and mango
Hrothmund Ysgramor

pzo1125_chapter3_honor_viking_web_by_akeiron-d6akw6h.jpg

Race: Human

Small physical description: Muscular but also a bit short, he would appear taller if he wasn't always hunched over slightly. He has a long beard that matches his long, golden, braided hair. Hrothmund only has eight fingers, missing one on each hand. He has pure green eyes.

Native province: Mount Ba'silt

Current province: Rothar

Small description of past: Hrothmund was raised by his parents until he was eight when they were killed in a bandit raid. The town managed to fight of the bandits, but Hrothmund was banished for reasons he does not speak of. He lived in the wilderness for sometime after that as he wandered from town to town until he met a smith. He learned how to survive in the wilderness, he learned how to create and maintain his own equipment from the smith. He worked as an apprentice for the smith for some time. When he was seventeen Bandits raided the town and killed 4 people including the smith, in a rage, Hrothmund took the smith's prized axe and drove off the bandits. Out of fifteen well armed bandits, Hrothmund killed twelve. He hunted them down until he was eighteen, when he found them he killed them brutally. Then he left the area for the capital. He worked in the capital for many years as a hunter and a smith. Eventually a group claimed that they were trying to move away from Ba'silt but needed to hire mercenaries and a guide. Hrothmund took up the reigns and led the group of seventeen (including women, children, and three other mercenaries) out of the mountains. only seven remained, and Hrothmund, ashamed, left to live in Rothar. He worked as a smith for years until bandits and wild life moved too close to the city walls, when the city guard started hiring mercenaries. He has worked as a mercenary since.

Personality: Hrothmund, despite everything, likes to laugh. It is rare to see him without a smile, He laughs when he's happy, he laughs when hes confronted with unyielding terror, and he laughs at his old mistakes. He considers himself an honorable warrior and he's proud of that. He hates bandits and acts almost sadistically when he demolishes them. He is very loyal but not very smart, so he is easily manipulated. He can be gentle and caring to those he cares for.

Hobbies: Smithing, hunting, and cooking

Skills: Combat, hunting, cooking, smithing, wildlife survival

3 strengths: Extreme knowledge of the wilderness, years of combat experience, upbeat and confident in 90% of circumstances

3 weaknesses: Easily manipulated, refuses to fight an "unworthy opponent", can be pushed into rages that last days if triggered

Weapon set: Large black and Ivory axe, Dagger, short bow

Clothing: Mostly animal skins aside from his chain mail shirt

Username:
RestlessComfort

Character Name:
Adkin Orinstead

Appearance:
8f033e5e99aed2ecb1fc5d20512fd303.jpg

Race:
Human

Small physical description:
Adkin, also known as "Addy," has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He stands at 6'2 and weighs 195 pounds. He is muscular and in shape due to his extensive knights training.

Native province:
Oakheart; province of the Horse

Current province:
Rothar; province of the Lion

One of the King's Knights

Small description of past:
To be revealed ;)

Personality:
Adkin has a serious and tough exterior, but once you get to know him, layers of sarcasm and confidence begin to unfold before your eyes. As can be expected, Adkin can be very charming and loyal to his friends when he has the mind to. He is also very crafty and sly when he needs to be. Most people think that he is an asshole and uncaring about everything, but those very few who get REALLY close to him can see has a great deal of love to give, and only puts on an act.

Hobbies:
Between his knightly duties and personal life, Adkin doesn't have room for hobbies. The only two things he does on the rare occasion that he has some free time is practice his sword fighting skills, and read.

Skills:
- Sword Fighting
- Hand to hand combat
- Archery
- Horse riding
- Farming
- Animal care
- Interrogation
- Leadership
- Manipulation

3 strengths:
- Very intelligent
- Emotionally distant/strong
- Experience in dealing with death; he is his own morality beacon

3 weaknesses:
- Can be ignorant at times
- When he does care about something, it becomes his weakness
- Doesn't deal with rejection well

Weapon set:
- Knight's Long Sword
a2262eb7c35c1cab955a479a5c434d37.jpg

- Dual Daggers in his Grieves
aa50fcd609ec0efd1ab824e8a652ea49.jpg

Clothing:
- Knight's Armor w/o Helmet
69263-bigthumbnail.jpg

Misc:
N/A

Reactions: Dovahkiin
wip.
NAMYRA AHRUNE

[stabs=bcenter|700x400]
{slide=Basics|center}

//Age

//Gender
Female

//Race
Half-Human Half-Elf

//Small physical description
Namyra stands at 5'3", with a lightly muscled frame. Usually, she combats her red hair's rebelliousness by tying it behind her.

//Native province
Kingscote

//Current province
Kingscote

//Occupation
Tavern Owner
{/slide}
{slide=History|center}WIP.
{/slide}
{slide=More|center}//Personality

//Hobbies
- Exploring the town's ports
- Learning local rumors
- Practicing her fighting skills with a companion

//Skills
- Dirty Fighter: When you grow up in Kingscote, it's more than beneficial for someone to have a few combat skills beneath their belt. Her tactics revolve around survival, not honor.

- Sneaky: She was too curious as a child -- her curiosity hasn't rubbed off a bit.

- Bearer of Information: During her time spent in taverns and owning one, she's heard a few interesting (and useful) secrets, though she isn't the type to blackmail someone she doesn't despise.

//Strengths
+ Strong-willed
+ Playful
+ Agile

//Weaknesses
- Tempered
- Stubborn
- Lacks charisma

//Weapon Set
Primary: Double-sword Staff
Secondary: Dagger

//Clothing
When she's not practicing with her staff, Namyra opts for a tunic, black pants, and a pair of old leather boots.
Onfield, she wears a body's worth of leather armor.

//Misc
- Dislikes politics

{/slide}

[/stabs]

Reactions: RestlessComfort
Status
Not open for further replies.