Variate//Wirklichkeit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the joke.

But I am extremely sleep-deprived (coughCSmakingfor16hoursstraightcough), thus making me that much more autistic than usual.

Eh. Don't worry about it.

I'm getting started now; grandma was doing well today!

Also, I asked for the date 'cause I wanted to include the birthday of my character.
Would that be okay?

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PandaChu
Is that Len Kagamine

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Demmy You are certainly welcome, the dice-part isn't that hard to understand whatsoever, it isn't even enough 'dice' to put it into the dice section, I will reveal/explain more if you have explicit questions (no one even asked me what dice I am using and how it 'generally' works ;w;). There is no rolling to do required on your part. I'll look forward seeing your sheet!

Wonderful! Thank you, thank you so much! I'll get right onto that. ((And I am so sorry for not replying for a while. I was on a camp.))

Name:
"Alina Maleson, no more, no less."

She's about 155, though she looks like a child.

"I'm a girl, you Lilly licking unicorn butt!"
Female.

Appearance:

948531u6ib0aizhr.jpg

Race:
"That's a complicated question. I suppose you could call me a mongrel."
She's part elf, wolf, shifter, witch, demon and angel. And that's only the more common species.

Personality:
"My personality! Now that is an awesome thing about me. No. It's the best part about me that is also the best. Um. That doesn't work. Oh... You get the idea."
Her personality. Now that's a big question. Alina is a bit of a loud and boisterous person. She is always cheerful, though she hates when people speak over the top of her. There are such things as manners. Manners are important, though she is more comparable to a gentleman than a lady. On top of this, she is also rather intelligent, though prefers not to show it. Knowledge is power and it is never good to allow others to know just how much power you have over them. Or so she believes. Her mind is very analytical and scientific and if she seems to be spacing out, she's probably thinking of the fundamentals of various inventions.

Biography:
"Oooooh.... Lets not go there."
It is a rather long story if we went into detail. But for the sake of knowledge, I shall tell you what I can. Alina lived the beginnings of her life normally. Both her parents were species with a short life span. Being the mongrel that she is, Alina was stuck with a very, very long life span. Soon, when she was about forty or fifty, her parents died. Now this may seem to be a normal age compared to some species but Aline was equivalent to an eight year old child at that time. She spent the rest of her childhood being tossed between family to family. Usually it was those who took pity on the small 'child'.

After a while, Alina grew weary, as any child would. She began to move on with her life. It was then that she decided to find a skilled swordsman an learn how to wield a blade. The one her father had given her. She spent the next thirty years with her master, until he, too, passed. Taking that knowledge, she became a rogue. She stole money, killed guards, fended for herself and no one else. Unless, of course, they needed it.

Only days before the gates opened was when she was caught by the officials. Her options was either enter the dungeon or a hanging. Oh the fun in being suspended from a wooden beam. So, it's obvious why she is hear now.

Stats:
Power - = = =
Dexterity - = = =
Agility - = =
Constitution - = = =
Magic - =
Health - =

Abilities:
"I can do heaps! I can disappear and cut you up!"
Okay, to make things clearer, she's a survival expert. She knows how to hunt and prepare her food. She tends to slip up sometimes... Okay, most of the time, but she can get by. Living with a hermit certainly helped that. Though it certainly does help when she can literally turn invisible. Now, this also includes the clothes that she is wearing but that's pretty much the extent of her talent. She can be found trying to get a boulder or something to disappear, but it has never worked.

As for social abilities, she has none. Again, living with a hermit has made sure of that aspect. On top of this she is exceptionally talented in music, mainly stringed instruments.

Did you kill at least one sentient, humanoid being?
"Hell yeah! And I'd do it again!"
Welp... I guess that answers that.

((I really hope I didn't over do anything. Please let me know if there are any problems at all.))​

Last edited by a moderator:
@Skyswimsky

Ah, you have my thanks; I'll see what I can do. But do... something, I shall. Towards that end, the feedback on this thread have been plenty of help in answering several questions I had in mind. Although, there's something I've been wondering about, that I hope you could shed some light on while I finish my character. You mentioned dice, but to an extent that us players "wouldn't have to worry ourselves over it"? Perhaps I didn't catch that completely right, but does this mean we won't actually be throwing the dice in every post?

@Skyswimsky

Ah, you have my thanks; I'll see what I can do. But do... something, I shall. Towards that end, the feedback on this thread have been plenty of help in answering several questions I had in mind. Although, there's something I've been wondering about, that I hope you could shed some light on while I finish my character. You mentioned dice, but to an extent that us players "wouldn't have to worry ourselves over it"? Perhaps I didn't catch that completely right, but does this mean we won't actually be throwing the dice in every post?
There is no dice roll in EVERY post, which I assume you weren't assuming anyways, but just putting that out here. And you don't have to worry too much about it because I will do all the dice throwing things and just tell you the results.

I'm getting started now; grandma was doing well today!

Also, I asked for the date 'cause I wanted to include the birthday of my character.
Would that be okay?
Yes, as I said you can add any additional information you'd like to have on your sheet.

I'll get to the new character sheets (and the old ones that fixed what I didn't like) later today~

• Thank You
Reactions: Duwang Chew
WOW, looks like this is a long time in the making. Still accepting characters?

Kinda Important:
Here an insight of how I will handle magic for you, I gonna edit that into the first post too.
Basically each time you use magic, I will roll the dice. Depending on the result one of the following can happen:
The magic completely fails, resulting in something bad (a firebolt exploding right into your face for example)
The cast fails, but nothing bad happens.
The cast succeeds but the effect is weaker than intended.
The cast succeeds and the intended effect happens.
The cast succeeds and the effect is stronger than intended.

Now, there is something like Manacost, however, there is nothing like someone having 20 out of 20 Manapoints, instead, Mana, which I will keep track of, will be going into the negative. And the higher this negative, the higher your exhaustion, which in turn gives you slight debuffs for your stats, but a higher minus can also end up in heavier disadvantages. The threshold for said disadvantages to take effect also depend on your magic stat. Each turn in combat you will passively regain some of that minus. Alternatively you can actively regenerate some minus, which obviously results in more regeneration.

Now, there are also two other ways to cast magic, one is for those moments where a cast needs to be succesful no matter the cost. Called surecast *cough*, no matter your roll, the cast will always succeed the way it was intended to, but the amount of Mana it will cost you is greatly increased.

The other way to cast is is called prolonged casting, in which you cast a spell over multiple turns, this adds more dice to your cast, increasing the chance to succeed, though, the more turns you need the lower the gain in dice you get for the roll. You can prolong a cast up to 4 turns, at which you would use double the amount of dice you would usually have.

Now, this was a bit more into mechanics, in case you didn't understand I'll try to explain once more a tad simpler:

You can cast spells, those spells have a chance to fail or to succeed, a fail means either nothing or something bad, more often than not the opposite of the intended spell effect, happens.
You do have a mana pool, but it is endless in theory, though, the more you cast the more exhausted you could feel. You passively regenerate your mana but can also actively state so, increasing its regeneration.
You can also cast a spell in form of a surecast increasing the success chance to a 100% but greatly increasing the cost of the spell.
Furthermore, you can spend a longer time casting your spell, which also increases the chance for your spells to succeed, and more often than not, have greater than usual effects.

Important:
I'll also use this chance to say that I take the right to nerf (or buff) any abilities alongside the roleplay outside of your natural progression in power.

WOW, looks like this is a long time in the making. Still accepting characters?
I'm still accepting, and the reason it is a 'long time in the making' (which it really is not) is because when I put this up I had way more free-time, but the past 2 weeks were a tad more busy, though I should soon have more time again. Also I am actually just waiting for @Asuras to finish his sheet. That said, I am now going to set a deadline at which regestrations will be closed and hopefully start the IC up. That date will be June 19th.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Character Sheet
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Nen Koetoi //the cutest shit you'll ever see[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: Unknown //old as the sea[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
A willowy figure with small, compressed frame, he stands tall at five feet and ten inches. He has a slightly athletic build. Nen has a few silts below his arms where one would assume is his gills. His hair and eyes are a glossy iridescent, however some gradients of blue or purple is present.

Race: Sireid

Personality:
Nen has a shameless quirk of being a flirt. Brought up in a purebreed family, he was taught to have class when compared to others. He lacks a nurturing side towards humans and is often self-controlling. Although he lacks loyalty, he trusts others far too quickly. He is selfish and has a taste for adventure. Nen has unstable emotions, only being able to deal with one or two at a time. He is very easily spaced out.

Biography:
Born into high status and into a well guarded family, Nen was raised on the shores of a freshwater sea. The Oleski sea and the Valhollow river are hidden from sight to humans and predatory creatures. Despite being protected by halfbreeds and a few selected elementals, Nen was able to see the world first hand. He sought for more, greedy for knowledge. The halfbreeds and water elementals would lure people to them and drown them for the fun of it, Nen would join sometimes.

The Sireids were considered to be part of an ancient royal colony. Long after a few feuds with neighboring families, the bloodline thinned out and Sireids were rare to come by. The war would continued if more Sireids were found. To escape their tragic ancestry and the war, few have branched out and created mixed breeds by traveling away from the Oleski sea. The Koetoi family kept their pride and continued to stay as the way they were. Once the species was separated, each held a unique twist. If the Sireid was raised by the cliff and the sea, they developed into a Siren. In murky waters, they became Kappas or Nymphes. The Sireids lean more towards having a human complex, they are able to shift their bodies to look like a human. Depending on where they were raised, the creatures could use their gills and their lungs to breath. Nen is able to use his lungs and gills to breath, making him able to breath air and liquids.

The young Sireid was immersed in studies as a family mentor had suggested. He is quite knowledgeable about things that revolve around the sea and space, even though he hated the subject. After a few close encounters, he has only a few friends that he can trust for a certain amount of time. Nen enjoys talking about dragons, wooing girls, and himself. However, life when he was younger would be erased from his conversations. He would conveniently leave out the fact that he was recovering from an injury that temporarily disabled him.

His mother and father died in family affairs involving him and his injury. His grandfather from his mother's side blames him directly for their death, as well as his spouse's death. Nen's paternal family raised him. He associates himself with sea animals more than anyone else. Nen decided to enter the Dungeon to gain family honor and recognition for his sea. He believes he will be able to get more attention from girls as well.

Stats
:

Power - 1
Dexterity - 2
Agility - 3
Constitution - 1
Magic - 3
Health - 3

Abilities:
Nen to be able to breath underwater and on the surface. His body is able to stand most temperatures as long as there is moisture in the air. With the help of Biokinesis, the ability to modify their bodies, he is able to shift his form when he is in water to have more fish like qualities, such as a tail. Sireids can't change their form once they are out of the water. Their skin is slightly translucent with a tint of blue, if they focus they will be able to appear very pale. Once they begin to shift, they can only use the mass that they process. However, they can add or remove mass using water as replacement. Nen can manipulate water to his advantage, from healing himself to creating thick walls of shields to drowning his enemies. Sireids are known for being able to lure people to them using songs or their voice. As a citizen of the water, he is able to communicate with sea animals. He is able to use blunt objects, his dagger, and a katzbalger.

Yes.
Accepted.

F Y O R A █ █ A B Ï D E N

[fieldbox="Personality, lightblue, solid"] As a child, Fyora always felt confused. The second child of a noble family, she was promised to The Order and sent to them at the young age of five, as was customary for that province. Fy wasn't one who immediately understood the teachings or the reasonings. How could a human not be a human? If undead or cursed, understandable, but a bandit? What I'd a man who killed a bandit to save himself? Was he rejected as a human? The Priests and Priestesses always had an answer, but never one that satisfied Fyora. But the more she grew dissatisfied, the less she asked, the less scrutiny she was put under, the more freedom she had. Was this it? The reward for blind belief? It seemed so. In fact, why lead a jaded, cynical life, confined to the gardens because od the amount of extra reading and written work? Blind belief. Unquestioning work. This gave Fyor the reward of freedom, no more frowns from the Priests and Priestessess. At ten, she pledged down the class path she'd long since been working towards, and at twelve, she and the other trainees were finally allowed a taste of the world that wasn't immedialtely outside the cloister or the nearby town.

She liked it. Fyor worked that much harder towards her class path, knowing the reward was not being stuffed up in the monastery, but free in the world. In fact, the more she devoted herself to the Seven-Armed and his Decrees, the better her life became. Then this was the reward of faith, she knew it had to be. From a questioning, confused child, Fyor became a devoute follower of The Order of the Seven Spokes and the Seven-Armed's Decrees. Her faith hardened the more she was rewarded: especially when she was sent out on her first mission. This was where Fyor saw her biggest share of hypocrasies, where she saw all those unanswered questions pop up in real life scenarious. Not just then, every time she was sent out on a mission. Every time. And never just one. Fyor all but turned a blind eye to them, coming up with her own answer on the spot, justifying later the action with specific Decree. For faith had given her the good life, and she would not question it, lest she have her rewards, her freedom, taken away from her.

As is Decree, Fyor is polite yet assertive, usually latching on to the strongest personality that agrees with the way of The Order to get things moving in the way of the Decree, otherwise faking a strong personality that can usually be seen through.
Roundabout truthful, ready to give aid and healing to all... In the priority set by the Decree... And exempting those in accordance with the Decree. Preaching is against Decree unless asked for or in the face of vehement blasphemy. Cursing isn't unheard of, but not something that inherently leavea Fyor's mouth. The Order says spreading faith is done by healing all, in accordance with the Decree, and not judgement or preaching, so Fyor refrains from negative opinions of any. Aggression through defense is the only allowed aggression, and so Fyor strictly watches herself. She neither frowns nor laughs easily, but rather a tight smile or carefully established neutral expression. In face of the annoying or the mean, the Decree demands ridding oneself of such company. When impractical in the field, Fyor exercises patience and attempts at curbing such behavior, but in usually sad and ineffective ways. Fyor, having had more good experiences than bad in the field, finds missions to be a reward, and has yet to return from one not feeling refreshed.

She is an avid follower of The Order and in no version of the foreseeable future does that look like it can change. [/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Biography, lightyellow, solid"] The Order of the Seven Spokes has sent its Healers and Protectors to aid the King's Men. As the demand grew, the Seven-Armed God extended his reach, bringing in many men and women into The Order. The Priests and Priestesses of the Shining God teach his decrees of equal aid to all no matter allegiances or race... and that all the Priests & Priestesses, Healers, and Protectors are humans not at all affects a well-meaning healer in the field.

The Wielder of the Spoked Sun, by its Priests and Priestesses, teaches aggressive shielding and healing, and frowns upon the killing of any by its disciple, and the killing of a human by any. A human which kills human is disregarded as human by the Seven-Armed. These don't affect a practicing Healer or Protector or cause any sort of inner turmoil.

As the latest band of Field Disciples have returned to the monastery, and been rightly rewarded and allowed long respite, they are getting to be sent out again. This time, they are being prepped to join a band of the King's Men into the Endless Dungeon. As there has never been a man or woman who has returned from the Dungeon, this is the ultimate test of faith. Yet those being sent seem little phased. Perhaps it was why they were chosen?

[/fieldbox]
Ⓢ Ⓣ Ⓣ Ⓢ
POWER - DEXTERITY - AGILITY - CONSTITUTION - MAGIC - HEALTH
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓛ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓘ Ⓔ Ⓢ
MAJOR: Healing & Recovery
Focused Heal: Recover HP by max 2
Mass Heal: Heal up to four for max 1 HP
Aid: Acts as a Pancea or Anti-venom for recovering an altered state.
Sanctuary: Creates a 3x3 area where any human or creature standing within slowly gets rejuvinated. Good for camp, bad for battle.

*Heal and other life based skills acts detrimentally towards undead types.

MINOR: Buffing & Shielding
God's Closed Fist: Defensive Barrier, increases Def by max 2
Angelus: Depending on the Prayer, increase either Vit, Agi, or Dex by max1. Only one stat gets enhanced.

*Skills are a WIP and are being checked

Nope!
Kal <3 *hugs* If you do (or maybe already did by now) the changes I told you to. I accept her. Let's see how far her faith brings her in a godless place.

[glow=silver]
GdvoQsi.png

₹͞₺ʖ₴
English Translation:
Zephyr
Literal Translation:
Silent Winter Wind of the North

[fieldbox="Age, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]44
Human equivalent:
18[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Gender, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]84% Male, 16% Female[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Race, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]Silver One
One of the many quirks of the Silver Ones is that the Silver Ones do not call themselves Silver Ones.

Millennia of self-induced isolation from all other civilisations have caused them to drift far from others. As such, they are often considered distant, eldritch people that, perhaps, were once men.

Few know that that legend is actually almost correct. Back when mankind was young and every child was so unique that they could be considered art, the Silver Ones were a fraction of humans blessed with innate magic abilities so powerful that they could twist the very fabric of the world. When they swore never to use it, the rest of humanity, stubborn as they once were, insisted that they used it for a greater good. Refusing, the Silver Ones secluded themselves, watching the rest of the world rise and fall many times, swearing never to intervene.

Closed to the rest of the world pursuing naught but arcane knowledge, the Silver Ones grew greater in power, but greater still in stagnancy, until they finally recognised their slow and silent death that had begun. Finally, after almost 4000 years, they opened their gates to the rest of the world.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Personality, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]Zephyr can be considered a wide-eyed idealist. His seclusion from the rest of the world as a Silver One and a magic student has caused him to be mostly unaware of the state of the world. He honestly and truly believes that all lack of ability can be chalked down to not trying hard enough, which is understandable, since he's spent almost 20 years surrounded by Silver Mages.

He is more or less clueless when it comes to things like tact and respect, speaking his mind and never letting either hamper his intense curiosity. He is exactly the kind of person one might find systematically dismantling ancient monuments and artefacts because he finds it interesting. Zephyr truly is a person who never really grew up.

Despite his eccentricity; or rather, due to it; he is commendably eager and earnest, always volunteering for something to do. He finds a lack of an explicit task to be doing unbearable, and he must absolutely always be doing something. Even when he can't do anything but sit, one can be certain that he will be fidgeting anxiously and talking endlessly and anything that comes to mind. He can easily find something to be interested about in absolutely anything, and will very consistently not shut his face when he's in a position to talk about it too.

Because he's so enthralled by anything new to him, he doesn't like doing anything twice. He sees the second instance of anything as boring, which, interestingly enough, allows him to be all the more efficient at learning about something, and he'll never do the same piece of work twice. This makes the Endless Dungeon is without a doubt one of the most fascinating places to ever have existed to him.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Biography, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]Zephyr was admitted to a magic school at the age of 17 (the human equivalent of which being about 7 years old) in the name of tradition. His father and grandmother had all become archmagisters before him, and so everyone expected great things from Zephyr. But as fate would have it, things did not go quite according to plan.

Zephyr was slow. His magic was powerful, true, but his casting time was so ridiculously long that it seems like satire. Reportedly, his first spell took 40 hours of non-stop work to cast. No matter what he tried, there seemed to be no way to reduce it in the least; and even his weakest magic could take 3 hours to use. The way he worked was simply too complex to work in any practical way. Despite this, he was not disheartened. Insisting that he would get better with time, Zephyr studied magic far more diligently than any of his peers, particularly in a specific area in which casting time mattered least of all factors: enchanting.

His enchantment of objects could take months to complete, but were of high quality and would take just as long to dispel by his peers. In that sense, his long casting time was a grace; Zephyr had plenty of time to correct his errors and experiment, and so his works could emulate those of mages of a greater degree of skill than he, up to and including his own enchanting tutor. It took little time, however, for his other teachers to write him off as useless: a lost cause of a student who required geological amounts of time to perform anything worth taking a second look at.

Zephyr did still not give up, but he became dissatisfied with himself. He began researching unconventional forms of magic that he could use to make up for his lack of speed, anything that he could utilise to put him on par with his peers and give him the power promised to him by his ancestors. It was only then that he discovered the Endless Dungeon and its equivalent exchange, and was fascinated. The applications of the magic were those of miracles, and the power itself was godly. In that moment, he realised that that magic was the key to his true potential.

He requested official leave from his studies to seek out the Dungeon, not truly understanding what it was, and after his request was finally set out.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Parameters, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]Power
╬╬╬══
C

Dexterity
╬╬╬══
C

Agility
╬╬╬══
C

Constitution
╬════
E

Magic
╬════
E

Health
╬╬═══
D
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Abilities, silver, solid, 10, Andale Mono"]Zephyr, as a Silver One, has a natural aptitude for the magical arts, but he is cursed with the inability to do anything practical due to his simplest magics taking hours to use. In the unlikely event he does try to use it, his hair glows white, hence the reason his race are referred to as "Silver Ones".

He instead arms himself with enchanted equipment. He has had practice with close combat weapons, chiefly with spears, and also possesses a mostly unhoned talent for swordsmanship. Recently, he also began training in archery due to his development of his bow, Erys. Despite what the picture might tell you, however, Zephyr does not actually have a pair of shortswords. The artist just had a big budget and didn't feel like leaving any spare.[/fieldbox]
[/glow]​
[glow=silver]
Akasha

1ze85ch.jpg

Akasha, a liberal translation of "Personification of Absolute Reality", is a black, bladed spear that is Zephyr's favoured weapon.

It possesses a grand title for a weapon with so simple an enchantment, but it is considered by Zephyr to be his magnum opus, as it took him three years to perfect.

Any magic that comes into contact with the spear's tip will be dispelled, but the effectiveness of this is of a varying degree. Specifically, the stronger and more accurate the attack, the more effectively the magic will be nullified, although the enchantment has difficulty dismantling stronger magics.

Out of pride for his work, Zephyr placed a second enchantment on it after completing the first, which causes Akasha, if broken, to do so in such a way as to minimise the difficulty repairing it.
Erys

Erys, or "Discord Creation", is a white but plain bow used by Zephyr.

The bow itself is not enchanted, but rather, Zephyr has a quiver on his back full of enchanted arrows with a variety of different effects. The drawback (no pun intended) of this is that Zephyr never knows which arrow he is using until he has fired it, so the attack is effectively random. In addition, each arrow is enchanted individually, so there is also never the same effect twice. In that way, Zephyr's bow can be used as an unpredictable trump card or become completely useless, or even, on occasion, an outright hinderance.

[glow=silver]Have you ever killed a sentient, humanoid being before?[/glow][glow=silver][/glow][glow=silver]
Zephyr has barely spoken to another sentient being before beyond his teachers and peers. So as such, no. He did, however, kill off a few deer by accident with a botched spell before.[/glow]
[glow=silver][/glow][/glow]
[glow=silver][/glow]
Woah Random, looks like you did some studies in regards to being edgy, eh? I still have to think more about Akasha, in regards to Erys, do you have a list of effects it actually has, or what kind of effects are the arrows doing? More like elemental stuff or really anything, leaving it open to me? Which would mean I would roll your luck stat with each arrow fired~

~ Myrick 'Myst' Stivia ~
<=======================>
22. If it were in human years, Myst would probably be around 33 years old.
Male. Becomes furious if you mistake him for a female, or point out he looks like a girl in any way.
"...Call me... 'feminine'... one... more... time..."
Race
Myst is what's known as, when translated into English, a 'Levias'. A race who mostly live in extremely cold climates, mostly residing in areas such as frozen seas or mountain ranges. Levia are usually born with an affinity for magic, but are physically weaker than humans. Their lifespan usually only goes up to a maximum of around 61, with the longest-surviving Levias reaching 75 years old.

Levias are usually extremely pale-skinned, sometimes so pale that their skin is purely white. Their hair is usually extremely long - mostly to keep off cold winds - and naturally coloured either white or an icy-blue. Males naturally look feminine, making them appear strange and... somewhat creepy... to an average human. Insults at this fact are usually thrown the male Levias around a human community. Females, on the other hand, are elusively beautiful to most, and 'get it lucky'.

Using their affinity for magic, most Levias sculpt small towns and settlements from ice and snow, although their weak body makes them not a particularly successful race. Another feature of their abilities allows them to temporarily transfer their own power onto others, which allows a Levian community to help each other in tough times. Being quite rare and vunerable, most Levias move to safer areas, or aim to stay out of danger when they can. Although they're somewhat of a struggling and dying race, most of them immigrate to other areas, where they can live safe lives, despite agonizingly hot weather.

"One day, the Levian race will gain the respect they deserve... other morons don't understand our hardships."
=======================>
Personality
Myst, although he can be proved otherwise, sees most people as morons. He doesn't really interact with others around him, and he's notorious for being patronizing and unpleasant, even when others haven't done much to him. Due to his background, Myst will prejudge most humans, and generally try to stay away from them. He'll usually be cold, bitter, or shy when it comes to talking with humans, but he'll take a strong liking to any human that treats him fairly, and with respect.

Although it's very easy to put him in his place and make him more obidient through physical combat, it's much harder to beat Myst in battles of wits. He's quite passive, and mostly ignores others and stays out of conversation. Although he may not show it, Myst's speciality in supporting others gives him quite a selfless personality.

Finding people that interest him or intrigue him can cause Myst to open up somewhat, talking less in one-liners and switching to a more talkative tone rather than his usual, dull monotone. He hides it, but he can quite easily become attracted to females, often doing his best to look away from these 'distractions'. Myst keeps a level head in combat, but there are certain things that can cause him to lose his cool attitude - such as moronic comrades, very hot conditions, or situations where he can't think tactically. He's rarely ever angry - but one sure way to make him angry is by pointing out that he looks like a girl. That really does it.

Myst likes to think outside the box, and is quite perceptive in his ways. He points things out most others miss, providing useful input to situations - but don't mistake him for 'bossy' or a 'leader' as such. He can often devise clever plans, but said plans can sometimes be obviously overshot, with not a lot of chance of actually working. Myst is aware of this, so he tries to stick to his job of strengthening and supporting others... hoping that they're not absolute fools.

"I'm not here to be slowed down by morons... hopefully I've been given a slightly able squad to work with."
=======================>
Backstory
Born in the middle of an ice-sculpted settlement built near a frozen sea - Lynndraulis - life wasn't exactly a struggle for Myst at an early age, but it wasn't luxurious either. Food mostly came from fish, or any animals elders were able to hunt near the frozen area. Although Lynndraulis gets by just fine, most Levias become bored with being cooped up in the same ice house all day, eating the same foods, and following the same basic routine whenever something bad happened. Because a Levia's life is shorter than most humanoid races, Myst decided life in his hometown simply wasn't for him. He wanted to explore.

Just before Myst hit 15 years old, Myst explained his feelings to his mother and father. Being understanding parents, they could understand why Myst wanted to leave the frozen settlement, and explore the rest of the world. Being quite a 'shining star' when it came to magic, mastering most of his abilities at an early age, Myst's mother and father were sure he could take care of himself. So, at the day of Myst's 15th birthday, they arranged Myst an escort to a human city away from the frozen plains as a final birthday present. Gratefully accepting the gift, Myst said his goodbyes before leaving to a 'whole new world'. He was excited to see human culture, and see the stone-walled cities around the lands. Talk of an 'Endless Dungeon' spread through Lynndraulis sometimes, but that wasn't what really interested Myst.

When he arrived at the mostly human-filled city, Stanward, it wasn't what Myst was expecting at all. Mocked by other humans for his appearance and weak, 'dying' race, Myst found it hard to get by. He was treated like a joke in some instances, and was generally pushed around. His lack of knowledge of human currency caused Myst to be swindled into various hard tasks for low pay. Because Levian immigrants weren't exactly unheard of, Myst occasionally had remarks thrown at him such as: 'Go back to your ice palace! Nobody wants you here!' To an extent, this was true. Myst felt alone and outcast in this human city - he thought Stanward was an impressive and beautiful place at first, but he was proved wrong. He hated humans. Despite how he helped when he could around the city, he was still pushed around and made fun of. Only when he displayed his magical power was he ever taken seriously.

Knowing he couldn't live a good life with the little money he gathered from cheap work, Myst heard rumours about an 'Endless Dungeon'. Some rumoured great wealth was down there, whilst others rumoured all sorts of amazing areas could be found - although the place was extremely dangerous. Taking an interest in this 'Endless Dungeon', Myst figured it would be a place where he could hopefully earn some wealth. But... well... aside from wealth, he wasn't sure why he wanted to explore the place so badly. Was it to earn respect so he could be taken seriously? Or to be in a group and not be alone? Either way, Myst has doubts for the others he'll join in the Endless Dungeon. He expects to be a joke to them, too.

Using every single coin on him, Myst purchased gear and a little extra training from a fellow Levian immigrant he met on his travels. The young Levian taught Myst that supporting your allies would greatly increase the chances of conquering the dungeon, and would increase their respect for him. Equipping his various gems to enhance his abilities, and heading by chariot to escape his life of mockery and explore something new, Myst now is about to arrive at the Endless Dungeon, currently aged 22 years old.
"Sometimes I wonder if I should've stayed in that dull place..."

=======================>

Power
Dexterity
Agility
Constitution

Magic
Health

▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋▋

▋▋▋
▋▋▋▋▋

=======================>
Abilities
[All of which may undergo nerfs/changes as time progresses.]

Passive
Levian Chill - Myst has a passive resistance to ice/cold-based attacks, making such attacks against him almost useless. (Icicle to the face still works, though.) Myst will gain a +1 bonus to Power, Dexerity, and Agility when in cold areas. However, on the contrary, Myst has a passive weakness to fire-based attacks. Myst's Consitution and Power will take a -1 debuff when in notably hot areas.

Levian Ice-Art - Myst can shape ice using magical energies, and is able to sculpt it into crude weaponry. He can also hurl ice over short distances. To acquire ice to sculpt with, Myst is able to create water from thin air - although creating it is the most he can do with it, and he can only create quite small amounts. To actually turn the water into ice, Myst has to use his flash-freeze ability.

Standard
Refresh - Myst cleanses an allied unit of all debuffs - such as poison, sickness, confusion etc. If the ally Myst casts Refresh on a target who is on 1 Health Point, Myst can heal them for 1 Health Point. Alternatively, he can spend 1 of his own Health Points to heal them for 2 Health Points. Yes, Myst can cast Refresh on himself, but he can't do the 'spend 1 of his own HP to heal for 2 HP' shenanigans on himself. That would be stupid.

Trueice Barrier - Myst swiftly moves four ice walls around a selected target, making them unable to move but shielded from harm for a turn. The ice walls are breakable, but doing so would require quite a powerful attack. Myst must wait 2 turns before using this again.

Flash Freeze - Myst turns all nearby liquids in a 10-meter radius around him into an ice-like form, which Myst can control using his Levian Ice-Art. If an enemy is covered in a liquid and is within Myst's Flash-Freeze range, they'll take damage if they fail a constitution check. (Yes, this can also hurt allies if they're drenched. But Myst is a careful guy.)

Levian Power Transfer - Myst temporarily transfers up to 3 of his own Stat Points onto a target. This allows Myst to 'give' others, for example, agility when they need it and he doesn't. Myst chooses when to 'take back' the stats he's lended to other people, but he can't just instantly take back his stats. He needs to wait 2 turns, at the least. Myst cannot transfer health. Myst can lend 4-6 stat points if he wishes, but doing this will damage Myst for 1 Health Point.

Specials
Hidden Blizzard - Myst uses a great deal of his energy to compress a huge amount of power into one, discreet marked 5x5m area. When a target steps on said area, all the energy stored in the marked area is released in a flurry of ice, dealing large damage to the target that stepped on the marked area, and small damage to nearby targets. Myst can only use this once per 5 turns, unless he spends 1 Health Point to cast it again early. He can only do the early cast once-per-day, however. (Otherwise he could just get healed by someone else and make ALL the Hidden Blizzards. Which would be fucking stupid.)

Final Spark - When Myst has been hit by a killing blow, he uses every single piece of his energy to perform one final action, and is able to use this energy in one of the three ways before he officially dies:
  1. Heal an allied unit back to full health. He can't resurrect dead people though - Myst ain't no necromancer.
  2. Give all of his stat points to nearby allied units as a buff to their own stats (this can be distributed between chosen people as Myst wishes). This buff lasts until the end of a battle.
  3. Shield an allied unit with the last of his energy, giving them a +8 buff to their constitution which decays over 4 turns.
Obviously though, Myst has to die for this to happen. So he'll only be using this once, if ever. Also, if Myst dies in a fashion that completely obliterates him into bloody nothingness, he obviously won't be able to use Final Spark.
=======================>
Inventory
Lynndraulis Light Attire - Classic casual wear from Myst's homeland. Usually, a Levian also wears thick fur coats, but he finds the weather in human cities boiling hot in comparison to Lynndraulis. Although the attire provides little-to-no protection, it keeps Myst comfortable and mobile at least.

Addrauli Gems - Purchased from most of the coin he earnt, Addrauli Gems - worn around Myst's neck and placed in braces and shoulders guards - make it much easier for Myst to create the water from thin air he needs to create ice. The gems glow a bright snow-white when he casts spells

1.5L Flask of Purified Water (3) - Placed around Myst's belt, these flasks of water aren't exactly for drinking purposes. They act as a last-resort weapon; allowing Myst to quickly use Flash Freeze, and sculpt a crude weapon from ice within the flasks. Basically, they serve as an emergency ice source.

Chalks - No, not magic chalks for drawing runes - literally just chalks. Figuring they might come in handy for marking areas in an 'Endless Dungeon', Myst has bought ten sticks of chalk. One is red, one is blue, one is green, one is yellow, and six are white. He could even draw a pretty picture if he wanted to, but he has a tactic with the chalk which may prove useful.
"I can count at least twenty more things I'd have needed, but low pay from low morons prevents me from doing so."
=======================>

Did you kill at least one, sentient, humanoid being?
Nah.
His abilities are on the stronger side of the beginning powerscale. I'd say change the Power Transfer to 2 stats, without the health sacrifice part. Change the wording of your Trueice Barrier, because the stats I will give that barrier (health and const) won't justify 'quite a powerful attack' on my scale. Do that and he is accepted. That said, I would nearly feel bad if the starting area will be a dessert c:

Name:
"Alina Maleson, no more, no less."

She's about 355, though she looks like a child.

"I'm a girl, you Lilly licking unicorn butt!"
Female.

Appearance:

948531u6ib0aizhr.jpg

Race:
"That's a complicated question. I suppose you could call me a mongrel."
She's part elf, wolf, shifter, witch, demon and angel. And that's only the more common species.

Personality:
"My personality! Now that is an awesome thing about me. No. It's the best part about me that is also the best. Um. That doesn't work. Oh... You get the idea."
Her personality. Now that's a big question. Alina is a bit of a loud and boisterous person. She is always cheerful, though she hates when people speak over the top of her. There are such things as manners. Manners are important, though she is more comparable to a gentleman than a lady. On top of this, she is also rather intelligent, though prefers not to show it. Knowledge is power and it is never good to allow others to know just how much power you have over them. Or so she believes. Her mind is very analytical and scientific and if she seems to be spacing out, she's probably thinking of the fundamentals of various inventions.

Biography:
"Oooooh.... Lets not go there."
It is a rather long story if we went into detail. But for the sake of knowledge, I shall tell you what I can. Alina lived the beginnings of her life normally. Both her parents were species with a short life span. Being the mongrel that she is, Alina was stuck with a very, very long life span. Soon, when she was about forty or fifty, her parents died. Now this may seem to be a normal age compared to some species but Aline was equivalent to an eight year old child at that time. She spent the rest of her childhood being tossed between family to family. Usually it was those who took pity on the small 'child'.

After a while, Alina grew weary, as any child would. She began to move on with her life. It was then that she decided to find a skilled swordsman an learn how to wield a blade. The one her father had given her. She spent the next thirty years with her master, until he, too, passed. Taking that knowledge, she became a rogue. She stole money, killed guards, fended for herself and no one else. Unless, of course, they needed it.

Only days before the gates opened was when she was caught by the officials. Her options was either enter the dungeon or a hanging. Oh the fun in being suspended from a wooden beam. So, it's obvious why she is hear now.

Stats:
Power - = = =
Dexterity - = = =
Agility - = =
Constitution - = = =
Magic - =
Health - =

Abilities:
"I can do heaps! I can disappear and cut you up!"
Okay, to make things clearer, she's a survival expert. She knows how to hunt and prepare her food. She tends to slip up sometimes... Okay, most of the time, but she can get by. Living with a hermit certainly helped that. Though it certainly does help when she can literally turn invisible. Now, this also includes the clothes that she is wearing but that's pretty much the extent of her talent. She can be found trying to get a boulder or something to disappear, but it has never worked.

As for social abilities, she has none. Again, living with a hermit has made sure of that aspect. On top of this she is exceptionally talented in music, mainly stringed instruments.

"Hell yeah! And I'd do it again!"
Welp... I guess that answers that.

((I really hope I didn't over do anything. Please let me know if there are any problems at all.))​
Calling herself Mongrel, at least she knows her place. That said, her being a race milkshake, I don't want to see what her parents and grandparents were and so on. That said, I assume her parents would have lived rather long as well? I mean if she is now 355 and her parents died around 40 or 50 thanks to their age. And her being as old as she is while still looking like a child while her blood is like a rainbow race wise, that doesn't fit well with me. Like, that annoys me even more than the wolf who wrestled with a little girl while hunting without a pack.

Now, what doesn't really annoy me but is still something to think about:
Her power level is fairly weak for being 355 years old, not to mention in all those years she could have gotten a real job or something, no? 355 Years is a really really long time and by then she should have done so much more, but I guess she lived the neet life, hue.

Alright onto abilities: Basically what I can read out of it is that she can turn invisible, and that's it? No other tricks apart from being capable of surviving in the wilderness? Well, that's okay then.

Last edited:
His abilities are on the stronger side of the beginning powerscale. I'd say change the Power Transfer to 2 stats, without the health sacrifice part. Change the wording of your Trueice Barrier, because the stats I will give that barrier (health and const) won't justify 'quite a powerful attack' on my scale. Do that and he is accepted. That said, I would nearly feel bad if the starting area will be a dessert. c: ((crap, i'm more of a savoury person))
Alright, fixed! If the first room is a desert, Myst will wilt like a dead flower and possibly cry. He finds an average human city boiling hot as it is xD

Woah Random, looks like you did some studies in regards to being edgy, eh? I still have to think more about Akasha, in regards to Erys, do you have a list of effects it actually has, or what kind of effects are the arrows doing? More like elemental stuff or really anything, leaving it open to me? Which would mean I would roll your luck stat with each arrow fired~
Haha, you noticed my chuuni! Success!

Akasha's function, essentially, is to neutralise magic by creating an opposite effect; what I had in mind for it is essentially "attack the magic". It's not a 100% reliable Imagine Breaker so much as hitting a cannonball really hard with baseball bat and hoping that you win.

As for Erys, the arrows are totally randomised. Anything from dealing good old fire damage, to being magnetic, to inducing a cocaine high, to healing the target.

Actually, scratch that last one. Zephyr might be a serious airhead, but he's not an idiot, or at least not enough of one to make an arrow like that.

...Not on purpose, anyway.

Just so everyone knows, I've decided to scrap my first creation in favor of an existing creation of mine!
She needs more limelight! Poison energy, GoO!!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Calling herself Mongrel, at least she knows her place. That said, her being a race milkshake, I don't want to see what her parents and grandparents were and so on. That said, I assume her parents would have lived rather long as well? I mean if she is now 355 and her parents died around 40 or 50 thanks to their age. And her being as old as she is while still looking like a child while her blood is like a rainbow race wise, that doesn't fit well with me. Like, that annoys me even more than the wolf who wrestled with a little girl while hunting without a pack.

Now, what doesn't really annoy me but is still something to think about:
Her power level is fairly weak for being 355 years old, not to mention in all those years she could have gotten a real job or something, no? 355 Years is a really really long time and by then she should have done so much more, but I guess she lived the neet life, hue.

Alright onto abilities: Basically what I can read out of it is that she can turn invisible, and that's it? No other tricks apart from being capable of surviving in the wilderness? Well, that's okay then.
With her race, should I just delete the examples or change it?

As for her life span, I was thinking about making her a throw back. But if not, I suppose I can change her history. Considering I should add more into the history anyway.

I only put invisibility because I didn't want to make her too powerful. It wouldn't be fair. And with her training in using the sword, I figured she would have a higher power status than the magic status. Besides, knowing how to hunt, she could always use traps and such. Tactics.

In any case, these are just suggestions (and clarification questions). Please feel free to tell me otherwise. It is your RP after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.