Variate//Wirklichkeit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, God.
Now I must drain my head of impurities~

Thanks, Tsu!

Last edited:
It seems like a definite improvement to my character sheet. Maybe I should write like that normally.

Editing!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PandaChu
Just so everybody knows, I was using Wingdings for the icons. You may view them as brackets/capital Ws. I'll look for more special characters. he Following character is currently a work in progress. Estimated time of completion will be June 20th at 11:00 CDT. While suggestions are welcome, do not judge this sheet until finished

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PandaChu
@Tsu ...I don't even know how to respond to that. So I offer an excerpt from another, exemplary demonstration; "Shiz be wacked, yo."

@Skyswimsky

...The latter; yes. He can be so much as stark naked in the company of others and still invite you to sit down together and pig out at that pot of food you're holding in your hands - unless this act is protested, upon which he'll retreat to dress then come back for the food. This isn't really as bad as it sounds, since his... ahem, dangly parts aren't as obvious. Well... that is to say, nonexistent. I think this actually ties rather well to the roots of his people, which I'll (hopefully) get the chance to expound on with you in private at a later time. I'll leave the more graphic details out, of course - you needn't worry about that.

Reactions: Random
Rant the Sand Rat

Name:

Rant Mouse

Race:
Sand Rat

Race Description:
Sand Rat's are a simple species coming in various shapes and sizes, but only few colors. Most Sand Rats' fur are light brown or brown, but there are cases of black fur. They have large ears that droop down and tails that resemble a deer's more than a mouse's or rat's. The Sand Rat's also have a hidden strength that would be considered superhuman to the outside world. A child born from the species could lift two hundred pounds by age eleven. Sand Rat's do not bear anything, but a first name and thus sign documents with the last name "Mouse" and middle initial "T". A male Sand Rat's apparel usually consists of no shirt, pants, gloves, and shoes. Female Sand Rat's are usually in overalls with a cropped shirt and shoes.
A Sand Rat's lifespan varries from 100 - 250 years. They'll keep a young teen like physique (depending on their lifespan) until ages 20 - 110 and gain an old man look around ages 80 - 210. The Sand Rat's nose is not as sensitive as it may seem. Their nose is only able to sniff out scents two times more potent than a human. A Sand Rat's hearing however is exceptional.

Rant Specific Race Info:
Rant can lift up to 1 quarter ton(560 pounds), His comfortable lifting weight is 372 pounds past this he will only continue to struggle more. His lifespan is 250 years.

Personality:
Rant does not care for much being that he was a distinguished bounty hunter before being dragged into the Endless Dungeon. He lives for the thrill of fighting and the joy of loot. Normally seen as rude or even rather villainous, Rant hates most people and things. Despite his front to hide his warm heart Rant has a deep love for life and respect for people that prove themselves as brave and virtuous.

Biography:
Rant is from the Plut Wastes, a nation more commonly known as Sand City. Sand City is a land buried beneath the ground. Various access points are scattered throughout the Plut desert each covered by a heavy Sand Plate that must be lifted by the Watchers to enter or exit. The Watchers are the strongest of the species in every aspect and thus are given the honor of guarding their main defense against the outside world. The nation was like a hive and so everywhere you went was family or somewhere to sleep. Crime wasn't a common thing, but because of this when it did happen it was usually a large scale event. This brought on the need of bounty hunters to deal with the threats. This is how Rant became one of those hunters.

Rant loved the top side and often ventured out to explore it, but it was nothing but sand for miles. Often he would run to the top of sand dunes and squint to get a glimpse of a top side civilization on the horizon. He would sit in wonder thinking about the many treasures they must've had and the brave swordsmen who fought for their king. He did this routine regularly and was often forced to burrow from sandstorms. This routine made him into an excellent digger a skill highly valued in the expansion industry, but he had only one goal and that was to get to the city on the horizon.

When Rant decided to venture out he said goodbye to his immediate community and took only a bag containing supplies to reach the city on the horizon. Rant spent days walking towards it often taking refuge in distant underground villages from the storms. He finally reached the city after one week, but during nightfall. He sought shelter, but the people here were not as generous as his community had been to him. Rant slept out in the open against a shops building in exchange for guarding it. They handed him a metal circle with a man's face on it. It was new to him and he later came to the realization that it was currency and stuffed it into his belt.

Rant slept outside keeping watch of the man's shop for a long month. During this month many tried to break in, it was so new to see a criminals this active. He talked to the nice man about it and he returned an equally puzzled look to Rant. The man explained the situation of the land and for the first time Rant was angry. The king had been using funds to excavate a mine full of precious ore. The ore was only used to better the high ranking people of the nation. Rant's dream of the city on the horizon that sparkled in his eyes turned out to be the greed of a king.

Rant decided to take the situation in his own hands and talked to the man more about the king's intentions. It turned out that his shop was a key shop and that he designed the various locks and traps that guard the ores. Puzzled by the need of traps Rant inquired further and was told of the guardians of the ore. Rant knew these guardians when he described them. He corrected the man, telling him that the guardians are actually one being dividing itself. A Golem guarded the cave and to be drove so far back and kept at bay he must be dividing himself to stop the men without taking much damage himself.

Rant took it upon himself to learn the man's trade. First puzzled by the gadgets and gizmos, but soon he practiced the art to a feasible level. Enough to fight idiots such as these he thought. He said his goodbyes once again and set out to seize the cave single-handedly. When he arrived at the cave they were still excavating and he couldn't find a way in. Eventually after sitting around for hours the guards loosened and a horn signaled a day's end. Rant jolted up and observed. When he saw there was no one he ran to the cave under the cover of night. The first couple of doors were easy enough to knock down with his hands, but eventually they got more resistant and colorful. The ore he thought to himself as he picked the locks. Being careless he ran into multiple traps, but luckily they were most often crushing weights that he could shove to the side before being squished. Then he came across explosives and was knocked out. When he woke a large metal creature loomed over him.

It had no mouth, but spoke to him. It said he could've died, but he saved him. Rant saw the magnificence in the creature, but a flame began to harbor in his heart at the same time. He began to grow a hate for those around him. Very few people top side proved to be reasonable allies and they showed ruthlessness and deadly cunning. The Golem saw this and calmed his mind and Rant's thoughts subsided for the Golem's guidance. He showed him both sides to all beings including his own people. Rant came to and thanked the Golem. He lead the being out of the cave. When they reached the outside the Rant was amazed. He never knew of the magical traps within and the Golem easily tore them to shreds. Rant was also amazed that he'd actually accomplished the feat of taking the cave back.

Together they subdued the men. The Golem showed them what he did Rant and Rant sent them back with a message; I'll be watching. After the event the Golem presented Rant with a gift, a badge given to him by one of his kind. The badge of a bounty hunter. Of course it was outdated and beaten, but Rant was honored anyway. The path of a bounty hunter was not one he'd ever considered. When Rant left the Golem gave him a present, a way of keeping in touch with him and the city on the horizon had at the very least gained a more stable economy because of him. The key master would tell stories of Rant until his old age, they were a bit modified when they reached Rant's ears years later.

Rant has met many mythical beings and armies. He has helped a great deal of people and rewards seemed to come his way with every turn. He started to develop a more self-conceited attitude. With the appearance of the Endless Dungeon Rant was called once more by a black dragon to venture within. Rant denied the request at first, but when the beast told him of its endless treasures Rant's attitude changed. The beast dismissed him immediately and Rant was confused. A friend that he had not spoken to in years then awoke to tell him that his cave had been invaded yet again and this time they gunned for the Golem with weapons made from his ore. The Golem's spirit dissipated that day.

More time passes and Rant remains silent. He had not been active in the longest time, but was confronted by the last rare creature he would see. A kitsune, large and with nine tails illuminated by blue fire. This spirit came to Rant with a message one that would change his personality for the better and permanently. Rant decided to challenge this dungeon, but not for anyone. Rant challenged the dungeon to regain the self he once had long ago. Rant said farewell to the spirit and set out for a party to help him on his mission.

Stats:
Power - vvvvv
Dexterity - x
Agility - vvv
Constitution - vv
Magic - x
Health - vvv

Abilities:
Picking Locks
Setting/Disabling Traps
Abnormal Strength

Did you kill at least one sentient, humanoid being?
No
Hey! Welcome \o/
Alright, what confuses me greatly is that at first you said he became a Bounty Hunter to hunt those who actually did crimes in his colony? Later on you mention him becoming a Bounty Hunter yet again though together with him never having imagined to become one. Clarify for me please.

Also tone down on how you describe him meeting with supernatural stronk myth creatues at least, basically this is the exact opposite from Demmy. And it sounds like 90% of those creatures are friendly towards him anyways...hah!

Also his abilities and stats are okay, if I am not miscounting you have 15 total stats. I would have given him a +2 to strength too. Change his power to something that symbolizes a +2 from his Abnormal Strength rather than the way you have it now (being a solid 5.)

Apart from that his history is okayish, though that he hasn't killed a human or similiar yet seems highly unlikely, but not impossible.

I count about 12 characters and 1 incoming character. Does that sound about right?
I'll honestly don't know and by now I don't even want to know. But hey more players just means I fell less bad about killing some off :3c
I do link every accepted character to the first post once I know who exactly is still with me upon the start of the first post.

I'll edit that. How'd you like my Cheddar Cheese spell names~?
I don't even remember your spell names, suck that! And while writing this very letters I am way too lazy to check.

@Demmy Yes your character is okay now, consider her accepted.
A gift for you guys
NSFW: Click at your own risk ( No its not a virus but language warning )
[spoili]Your Welcome[/spoili]
I love you, I am sooo tempted to change the current stats to what they are called there!

@Tsu ...I don't even know how to respond to that. So I offer an excerpt from another, exemplary demonstration; "Shiz be wacked, yo."

@Skyswimsky

...The latter; yes. He can be so much as stark naked in the company of others and still invite you to sit down together and pig out at that pot of food you're holding in your hands - unless this act is protested, upon which he'll retreat to dress then come back for the food. This isn't really as bad as it sounds, since his... ahem, dangly parts aren't as obvious. Well... that is to say, nonexistent. I think this actually ties rather well to the roots of his people, which I'll (hopefully) get the chance to expound on with you in private at a later time. I'll leave the more graphic details out, of course - you needn't worry about that.
Alright, just shoot me that PM for his reason to enter or whatever and you are good to go!

No the history in the beginning says this is the story of how he became one. Then later on when presented with the old school bounty hunter badge I mention it was a path he had never considered before and then it goes on to tell about him living his life as a Bounty Hunter.

And for the stats, so just like take two away and add two in different colors.
Hey! Welcome \o/
Alright, what confuses me greatly is that at first you said he became a Bounty Hunter to hunt those who actually did crimes in his colony? Later on you mention him becoming a Bounty Hunter yet again though together with him never having imagined to become one. Clarify for me please.

Also tone down on how you describe him meeting with supernatural stronk myth creatues at least, basically this is the exact opposite from Demmy. And it sounds like 90% of those creatures are friendly towards him anyways...hah!

Also his abilities and stats are okay, if I am not miscounting you have 15 total stats. I would have given him a +2 to strength too. Change his power to something that symbolizes a +2 from his Abnormal Strength rather than the way you have it now (being a solid 5.)

Apart from that his history is okayish, though that he hasn't killed a human or similiar yet seems highly unlikely, but not impossible.

I'll honestly don't know and by now I don't even want to know. But hey more players just means I fell less bad about killing some off :3c
I do link every accepted character to the first post once I know who exactly is still with me upon the start of the first post.

I don't even remember your spell names, suck that! And while writing this very letters I am way too lazy to check.

@Demmy Yes your character is okay now, consider her accepted.

I love you, I am sooo tempted to change the current stats to what they are called there!

Alright, just shoot me that PM for his reason to enter or whatever and you are good to go!

Nice Concept Sky :O

I'd join but my plate is full atm :O

Mayhaps I'll just pollute your Ooc with my unholy presence until I can join O.o

Nice Concept Sky :O

I'd join but my plate is full atm :O

Mayhaps I'll just pollute your Ooc with my unholy presence until I can join O.o
Pfff, you're just here to get those free ratings, aren't you!

No the history in the beginning says this is the story of how he became one. Then later on when presented with the old school bounty hunter badge I mention it was a path he had never considered before and then it goes on to tell about him living his life as a Bounty Hunter.

And for the stats, so just like take two away and add two in different colors.
Alright, I misunderstood then, just change the other part I told you about and it should be okay.

To join or not to join....tis is the question
Throw a coin, I always tip on tails :3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ner0
@Skyswimsky I edited the stats like you said... I think.

I'm halfway finished with my sheet.
While I tried to edit it, it turned just about everything to Wingdings, which consists of symbols:
If you can read this gibberish, I'll love you now! Good Luck!
Becuse of that snafu, I'll have to finish the remainder offline.
Perhaps that's why Wingdings is not a regular option!

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Lucifera Ignus
tech_girl_closure.jpg

"May the Flames of Caelus, wash away the sins of Infernus."

Weight: 130
Height: 5' 4"

Race: Transcended Human

Stats

Power: 1
Dexterity: 1
Agility: 1
Constitution: 3
Magic: 5
Health: 2

Passives
Conversion : Lucifera can consume her current stored flames and convert to the opposite archetype.

Caelum : Caelum is the cleansing flame from above. Caelum is similar to the traditional style of fire magic in regards to its destructive power. Lucifera has general control over the Flames of Caelus and can manage general manipulation in addition to her specialized spells.

Inferi : Inferi is the cursed flames from below. In contrast to Caelum, Inferi lacks the upfront power of the holy fire, and instead acts as a curse which affects its targets over a period of time. Lucifera has general control over the Flames of Infernus and can manage general manipulation in addition to her specialized spells.

Tribute : Any spell that Lucifera casts will suffer a twenty percent loss in magic power. This power is stored within her necklace as fuel for conversion or advanced magicks. A conversion will consume all stored power and reset the necklace to null while casting an advanced magicks required a full charge of either flame. A full charge is equivalent to approximately five generalized or specialized cast of either flame.

Caelum Magicks
General Cast : General usage of Caelum such as small fireballs, creating flames for campfires, etc. General casts of Caelum deal immediate damage to targets which come in contact with the flame.

Smite : Summons a pillar of flame to downfall at the chosen location. Targets caught directly under the pillar or within a small vicinity are affected by the attack.

Wave of Reckoning: Emits a circular wave of fire from Lucifera's body which extends to a six foot radius from her body. Enemies that are hit by the wave and fail an agility check are knocked back the distance that the flame travels. At maximum range, the wave of fire remains for one additional turn.

Advanced Magicks
| Requires a full charge of Caelum |
Retribution : Numerous bolts of fire rain from the heavens in an area around Lucifera. Upon contact with the ground, the fire remains as damaging terrain for two additional turns.

Inferi Magicks
General Cast: General casts of Inferi such as small fireballs, creating fire for campfires, etc. General casts of Inferi will deal damage over time to targets which come in contact with the flame.
Seal of Corrosion : Brands the target's body with a Seal of Infernus. For the next three turns, the target takes damage while nearby targets take half damage. If the seal's target dies within the spell's duration, the seal spreads to the nearest target at random.

Advanced Magicks
| Requires a full charge of Inferi |
Canis Infernus : Summons a hellhound for each active Seal of Infernus. The hounds have twenty five percent of Lucifera's stats (minimum of 1) and last for two additional turns. Contact with the hounds refreshes the duration of any active Seal of Infernus.

Personality
A single glance towards Lucifera is enough for anyone to conclude a similar thought...Arrogant. Lucifera's very being emits the arrogance which defines her existence as a transcended human. Given servitude over the citizens under her heel, Lucifera enjoys her power as the daughter of royalty; a trait which she shamelessly flaunts towards anyone whom she deems beneath herself. With the Flames of Caelus on her left, and the Flames of Infernus on her right, Lucifera is highly confident in her ability as a mage which stems from the diverse flavour and control that the varying magicks bring.

Even looking past her personality, itself, Lucifera is highly suited for a solo existence as her very magicks can bring devastation to allies and enemies alike. She and her family, alone, are the only ones immune to the flames of both Caelus and Infernus, and as such, they are the ones who are safe from the magicks wide breadth of attack. All in all, such a solitary fate suits her caustic personality well, and as a result, it is alone that she finds herself traversing into the endless dungeon in search for the answers she desires of her ever mysterious existence.

Biography
For centuries on end, myths transcended the ages with folktales of old. From fables of legendary existences came collections of beings who harnessed the power of gods in return for their unwavering faith. In particular was a certain legend forged from two divergent groups of humans who wielded varying magicks in return for their worship. There were those who devoted themselves to Caelus, the god of holy cleansing, and there were those who devoted themselves to Infernus, the god of cursed blight. To the followers of Caelus, salvation was defined by their armored faith in the orange flames which sought to spread its reach across the land. To the followers of Infernus, the blue flames were an introverted source of power which fueled the ritualistic society that developed within their reach. As expected by the contrary variants of worship, coexistence was but a hopeful ideal as orange flames rained holy judgement and smote the cursed land claimed by the followers of Infernus. In return, blue flame erupted from the ground seething the holy land in the torment of plague and suffering.

To the god above and the one below, the pointless slaughter of their children was an outcome which pained their very being of existence. Unable to comprehend the corruption of imperfect beings, the gods were left without answer to the problem they had unknowingly cursed upon the land. Without other course of action, the gods chose to rescind the power they had bestowed upon their followers; instead limiting its existence to a chosen few who would bridge the gap between human and god. Nonetheless, even through the gods' intervention, the bloodshed continued between the enemies of old.

No grudge can remain eternal as even amongst the darkness of enemies can the light of love blossom. Born into this world as a child of Caelus and Infernus, alike, a descendent of the gods whom would wield the flames of orange and blue in unified harmony. A child who would crush the nativity of his patriarchy and abolish the idiocracy of his matriarchy. A child who would take reign of the warring nations and force them into one. A child who would transcend the existence of humans and embrace the likening of the gods for himself and descendants to come.

Of course, all of this is just myth...stories for the children to enjoy before they bid the day goodnight. However, even in myth exists the possibility of truths, and perhaps it is that very possibility which might define one's reason for traversing into an endless dungeon of no return. An unbeliever might claim legends and tales, but as far as Lucifera is concerned...The fire in her eyes burn an ever believable shade of blue and orange.

@Skyswimsky I edited the stats like you said... I think.
Did you also tone down on the mentioning of all dem mythical and powerful creatures and stuff?

Blame Aza, he showed me this place.
Something along the lines of "Look at this scrub, doing posts and stuff for other roleplays but not for yours! Like *insert example here*"? I mean if I recall he hasn't even posted here :V

Curse you @Tsu, getting yourself some Skypoints with that picture of yours!

Did you also tone down on the mentioning of all dem mythical and powerful creatures and stuff?

Something along the lines of "Look at this scrub, doing posts and stuff for other roleplays but not for yours! Like *insert example here*"? I mean if I recall he hasn't even posted here :V

Curse you @Tsu, getting yourself some Skypoints with that picture of yours!
Why are you so fucking fantastic #soulmateniggah

Reactions: IceChateau777
Status
Not open for further replies.