UPDATE DAY FEBRUARY 28TH: REVERTING THE ROLEPLAY SYSTEM, SITE UPDATES & BUG FIXES

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean that we'll also get banners back?

Regarding banners:

The bugs with the roleplay ads were not related to the roleplay system! So whether or not they are working again will depend on whether or not the new updates fixed the bug we had! I really HOPE we can get it back though. >:[

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
I was beginning to get used to the new roleplay system and how to get around it, maybe even like it, but oh well. The old system's always been easier to navigate and understand, and I've always liked how I could tell which has the latest posts at a glance. The only things I'll be missing from the new roleplay system would be the fancy tabs (Overview and Cast List), and the pretty roleplay avatars.

Since it's on February 14 I can go and lament my nonexistent love-life with @Sen on Skype lol (jk)

How does the old layout look?
If you take a look in the roleplay section you will notice that both inside the threads and on the thread list page, things look a bit different than on other places on the website such as the general chat. Those sections will basically revert back to looking like threads do in the general chat area.

Reactions: Eternal Lotus
Reactions: Eternal Lotus
1) You said we won't lose the info in our other tabs, but we might have to "pretty up the code". Does this mean that we might lose things like links? The cast list for one of my RP's has links to everyone's CS's -- which I fear would be very difficult to manually hunt down in the massive OOC thread -- and I just want to know whether I can trust that they won't be lost, or if I should bookmark all those links ahead of time.
I have to admit that I'm somewhat disappointed. It took a while to figure out the new system, but I've really enjoyed it so far - it just felt so organized and neat to me. You say that none of our content will be lost - where will it go? If we no longer have the tabs (the overview, rules, and cast list) then are you just going to be moving all the content from all the tabs into the first post of the RP thread? Or was there some other "old system" that happened between this one and the one we had when I left that I'm not aware of? I'm just checking, since I have a LOT of content in my tabs, lol.
It is not going to affect the links or bbcodes in the posts, but it is either going to combine all those tabs in to a single post (most likely the first post) in which you might have to double check that it didn't get messy, OR it'll put each tab in a separate post. I am not 100% sure which it will do. And we'll be testing a few threads before hand to make sure it doesn't fuck anything up or lose any of the code. (And if it does, we'd prolly convert that roleplay over manually!)

If you have TONS AND TONS of stuff too, we will prolly do it manually too to make you extra threads and to be sure your content is as tidy as we can get it.

2) Will we be keeping the "roleplay search" forum? With interest checks, RP advertising, and the "seeking invites" forum? The "seeking invites" section I really liked -- as it definitely seemed like the most straight-forward and effective method of RP advertising. I'm not sure if switching back to the "old system" affects something like this or not, but, I'm really hoping we can hang onto that section, since it pretty much always ensured an easy way of recruiting players.
Roleplay search will stay as is! 8D But after the big update, we're gonna take a few people's suggestions on how to improve the listings and requests in there. Especially for the One on Ones.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
It is not going to affect the links or bbcodes in the posts, but it is either going to combine all those tabs in to a single post (most likely the first post) in which you might have to double check that it didn't get messy, OR it'll put each tab in a separate post. I am not 100% sure which it will do. And we'll be testing a few threads before hand to make sure it doesn't fuck anything up or lose any of the code. (And if it does, we'd prolly convert that roleplay over manually!)

If you have TONS AND TONS of stuff too, we will prolly do it manually too to make you extra threads and to be sure your content is as tidy as we can get it.
Hmmm... if they all become separate posts, would there be an easy way of merging them later?

Hmmm... if they all become separate posts, would there be an easy way of merging them later?
Yes, yes there is. 8D

We are lucky enough that the conversion can be done automatically AND individually, so we'll be able to choose the vest convert method for each roleplay. I don't EXPECT there to be able coding problems at all for people's threads or for it to actually BE too messy. But we warn people just in case. O_O

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Yes, yes there is. 8D

We are lucky enough that the conversion can be done automatically AND individually, so we'll be able to choose the vest convert method for each roleplay. I don't EXPECT there to be able coding problems at all for people's threads or for it to actually BE too messy. But we warn people just in case. O_O
That's good to know, thank you!

Can we have genre prefixes again? Because I've been advocating for those for aaaaages

Thanks, Diana!

While the new system has been fun, it'll be a little easier to perform my duties if it's forum-based. Thanks for all the work you've put in for us! I can't say enough how awesome you are.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Well, I'm torn!

A part of me is glad to be going back to the old system. It's soooooo much easier to find a good RP that way. For those moments that you're bored and waiting for your big, huge, ginormous RP to start up and want to do a bit of a smaller scale role play...plus...banners. *cries tears of joy at the mere thought that banners will return* PLEASE BRING THOSE BACK!

ON THE OTHER HAND...

The RP I have been working on for so long is quite easily broken up into much more manageable tabs. Players can see only what they want to see. Story in the overview, rules in the rules, and all accepted characters in the cast list...now, all of that is going in ONE REALLY LONG POST. I guess I'll have no choice but to use spoilers. Oy...

I get why you guys are doing it, but I wish there was a way to do half and half...keep the tabs for those who need it and go back to the original organization. However, Valentine's Day! Nice touch! Luckily for me, I'll be busy. XD

The RP I have been working on for so long is quite easily broken up into much more manageable tabs. Players can see only what they want to see. Story in the overview, rules in the rules, and all accepted characters in the cast list...now, all of that is going in ONE REALLY LONG POST. I guess I'll have no choice but to use spoilers. Oy...

• Hello world!
  • The answer to life's mysteries is 42.
  • Thanks for all the fish!

[tabs][tab=I am a tab]Hello world![/tab][tab=I am also a tab]The answer to life's mysteries is 42.[/tab][tab=What]Thanks for all the fish![/tab][/tabs]

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Thank you, @Brovo ~

But that doesn't help my lengthy problem. I wish I had made more posts to better separate the content in the thread, but oh well. Live and learn. We'll be starting the IC before this, anyway, so my players already know most (if not all) of the information. I'll just be sure to make it easy for them to get to if they forget something. ^^

Goodbye tabs. Our love was never meant to be~

goodbye cry.gif

-baths in the broken hearts-

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.