UPDATE DAY FEBRUARY 28TH: REVERTING THE ROLEPLAY SYSTEM, SITE UPDATES & BUG FIXES

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 torrent of everyone making heard their opinion of everything and how Diana is a terrible person and making horrible moral choices

And just when I'd finally gotten into this newfangled system. I'll be glad to have the old version back, still. I've gotta say, you mods and admins put in a lot of good work into this place. Keep it up, and maybe Donald Trump won't buy us out.

and how Diana is a terrible person and making horrible moral choices

I only sacrificed TWO beloved stars to make this happen. >:[

And here's to you, Mrs Diana.
The website loves you more than you will know
God bless you, please, Mrs Diana
Iwaku holds a place for those who roleplay
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
-A random thing I did to the tune of 'Mrs Robinson'

I've grown used to this system, but I will love to see the old system back. It was much easier to work with, and to keep track of everything.

rip cast lists my baby
  • This is an example body of an example role play.

Name: Captain Exampulus, the Generic.

Age: Older than most of the targets raped in Libertine, so 18.

Appearance:
    orion-nebula-space-galaxy_w725_h490.jpg

History: Captain Kirk got around. A lot. Like, a lot. I'm not even sure why I exist, but V'Ger can kiss my ass.

This is an example end text of an example role play.
  • I'm an example cast list.

Example Snape. Author: @Brovo (That damn, dirty thief.)

Make as many tabs as you want. You can customize them to suit your purposes. Want tabs for individual nations? Go for it. Want tabs to separate cast lists into different groups? Go for it. Want tabs to organize your 1x1 request types? Go for it. Sky's the limit when you've got the code to back you up.

[tabs][tab=1]I am example.[/tab][tab=2]I am also an example.[/tab][/tabs]

The only thing I'm going to miss is the synopsis subtitle text underneath titles, but @Diana told me that's possible to salvage post-update. So I'm pretty much sitting here like...

giphy.gif

• This is an example body of an example role play.

Name: Captain Exampulus, the Generic.

Age: Older than most of the targets raped in Libertine, so 18.

Appearance:
    orion-nebula-space-galaxy_w725_h490.jpg

History: Captain Kirk got around. A lot. Like, a lot. I'm not even sure why I exist, but V'Ger can kiss my ass.

This is an example end text of an example role play.
  • I'm an example cast list.

Example Snape. Author: @Brovo (That damn, dirty thief.)

Make as many tabs as you want. You can customize them to suit your purposes. Want tabs for individual nations? Go for it. Want tabs to separate cast lists into different groups? Go for it. Want tabs to organize your 1x1 request types? Go for it. Sky's the limit when you've got the code to back you up.

[tabs][tab=1]I am example.[/tab][tab=2]I am also an example.[/tab][/tabs]

The only thing I'm going to miss is the synopsis subtitle text underneath titles, but @Diana told me that's possible to salvage post-update. So I'm pretty much sitting here like...

giphy.gif
it doesn't feel the same brovopai :c

.....can we keep the Roleplay Icons pleaaaaase?

• Love
Reactions: Touch of Insanity
it doesn't feel the same brovopai :c
True, it's more efficient, because your browser doesn't have to load new pages every time. Better on phones as a result, since you won't rape someone's data plan reloading Iwaku over and over. I have absolutely no personal incentive in this. Nope. None. :ferret:

Still, I get your feels about it. I'm just mentioning that there's no loss of tabs. You can still prettify and categorize your stuff however you want. Silver lining in every cloud.

Reactions: Hana and Mu
I've never seen the old system but I'm just rolling it so yay I guess?

@chillin, if you've ever been in any part of the site (content, workshops, any forum not meant to be roleplayed in) then you've seen the old system :) It was basically your nifty, average forum ^.^

I've never seen the old system but I'm just rolling it so yay I guess?
Old system: You can see the last time anyone's posted, how many posts are present in the RP, et cetera, all at a glance on the main page. This lets you easily discern how old an RP is, and how likely it is to be recruiting--after all, an RP posted yesterday with 2 replies is probably still accepting new players, whereas an ancient RP that is 4 years old and has 8,000 replies probably isn't. RP's are automatically cycled by last post, meaning you don't have to update spam to get people looking at your stuff, you just have to produce content on a regular basis.

New system: ... Shiny avatar?

Between bellowing fucks like me who prefer mechanical functionality over shiny, and mods who had a tough time with the whole "can't easily discern last posting date without going through 200 different links" bit, this is why we're going back. Old system provides more information from a glance on the main page, with less complexity. You can view 20 different RP's at a time and see what's new and old with ease. :ferret:

Out of curiosity @Diana is the update just going to revert back to the previous system or will there be other updates/additions?

And if we're going back to the old system... does that mean ad banners will start working again?

Out of curiosity @Diana is the update just going to revert back to the previous system or will there be other updates/additions?
There might be some other updates/additions, but I won't be sure of what until I can do some more test work. D:

And if we're going back to the old system... does that mean ad banners will start working again?
The bugs with the roleplay ads were not related to the roleplay system! So whether or not they are working again will depend on whether or not the new updates fixed the bug we had! I really HOPE we can get it back though. >:[

29 days to catch up on graveyarding in the group roleplay section? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Only... Seven pages behind. Which grows a little bit every day...The new system isn't that complicated to mod. Only me who understand this new modding system? :'( I.. I even explained it... so many times. -Sits alone in smarty pants corner-

Edit: Totally forgot there was a libertine/teen section as well. Another two pages on the list. *Picks up pickaxe*
33299_1216148044036_400_300.jpg

Last edited:
Just making sure I understood all this.
Should I go right now and backup all my PM RPS? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.