UPDATE DAY FEBRUARY 28TH: REVERTING THE ROLEPLAY SYSTEM, SITE UPDATES & BUG FIXES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will (un?)fortunately probably not be available on Valentine's to help moderate the chats.

But, y'know, being preggers I wouldn't be able to participate in the update day drinking game anyway.

I will (un?)fortunately probably not be available on Valentine's to help moderate the chats.

But, y'know, being preggers I wouldn't be able to participate in the update day drinking game anyway.

How come?

Help Diana with her update. If you're a GM/Storyteller and have an open thread, you can prepare it for the system change in advance, and save Diana a lot of time.

I actually have a question, and I'm not sure if it has been answered some where else or in this thread. Anyways, will this update have any affect on iwaku's groups? I have a feeling if you were getting rid of groups all together you would make an announcement regarding so, or have it somewhere in this thread's original post. I just like to make sure just in case that way I can plan ahead of the update.

I actually have a question, and I'm not sure if it has been answered some where else or in this thread. Anyways, will this update have any affect on iwaku's groups? I have a feeling if you were getting rid of groups all together you would make an announcement regarding so, or have it somewhere in this thread's original post. I just like to make sure just in case that way I can plan ahead of the update.
Once/if the group system is completely deleted, there will be an announcement specifically for that. We have no plans on doing it at the moment cause Diana's too nice D: We do however delete groups that has had no activity in four to six month (depending on area), or at least we're trying to. Because the group system is so broken it often gives error messages when we try to delete them I: So no reason to poke us if any inactive groups are found, we probably know about it already but just can't do anything about it without purging the whole system.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
@Vio Red answered, but yeah! Zero group edits with this update.

I did find out the groups system we were beta testing before has been cancelled. >:[ So in the near future we will be making some tough choices and plans for the groups. People will get a HUGE heads up though, since there's a couple really largeass groups.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Can we just remake our current threads into the info group forum?

Remaking the thread completely could actually make it more complicated, especially since we have rather strict "no deletion rules" for roleplays. If other members have posted in the roleplay, we generally won't delete it, and Diana won't have much time to go through the threads to make sure if she needs to convert them or if she can delete them. So Diana would still have to turn it into a normal thread and then put it into the archives, or if she wasn't aware of the newly created thread, there would be two threads in the info group section, making it even more confusing for the moderators after the update. o_o

You really wouldn't make anything differently by creating a new thread. If you copy-past the overview and edit the first post in the thread connected to the overview and then past the copied content into it, it will give exactly the same result as if you create a completely new thread and copy past the overview into that. The difference will be that in the new thread, you will loose all your players posts. This really won't make any difference for Diana in her work on update day, for as I said, she will still have to convert the thread because of our "no deletion rules" anyways. The only threads we delete are spam threads or threads that don't have posts from other members in them. (There can be some other cases, but generally, we save everything)

To make it easier for Diana, either copy-past everything into the already existing thread so she won't have to do it, or just leave everything as it is and let her handle it on update day. Having a lot of newly created re-makes might be more of a pain than actually being helpful for the update. ^^

Reactions: Brovo
Remaking the thread completely could actually make it more complicated, especially since we have rather strict "no deletion rules" for roleplays. If other members have posted in the roleplay, we generally won't delete it, and Diana won't have much time to go through the threads to make sure if she needs to convert them or if she can delete them. So Diana would still have to turn it into a normal thread and then put it into the archives, or if she wasn't aware of the newly created thread, there would be two threads in the info group section, making it even more confusing for the moderators after the update. o_o

You really wouldn't make anything differently by creating a new thread. If you copy-past the overview and edit the first post in the thread connected to the overview and then past the copied content into it, it will give exactly the same result as if you create a completely new thread and copy past the overview into that. The difference will be that in the new thread, you will loose all your players posts. This really won't make any difference for Diana in her work on update day, for as I said, she will still have to convert the thread because of our "no deletion rules" anyways. The only threads we delete are spam threads or threads that don't have posts from other members in them. (There can be some other cases, but generally, we save everything)

To make it easier for Diana, either copy-past everything into the already existing thread so she won't have to do it, or just leave everything as it is and let her handle it on update day. Having a lot of newly created re-makes might be more of a pain than actually being helpful for the update. ^^
My purpose for doing it is because, although Brovo's solution is great, I hate little more than using BBcode tabs. I really hate them. I struggled enough trying to get the ones I do have up, and they usually only cause more trouble than they're worth (centering them, making them long/wide enough, and entering bullet points into tabs just doesn't work). But I like having sections in my roleplay information. Having it all in one post has always felt clunky to me and honestly makes updating things a nightmare. The solution for me would be to have multiple posts on my OOC thread for different information, that way if I want to edit character sheet lists, I don't have to scroll through all of the stuff before and after it. I can't do that on my current OOC thread, though. The first post is mine, and is immediately followed by other people's posts. If I created a new thread I could reserve the first three posts as my new 'tabs' so to speak.

I know it's an aesthetics thing, but it makes the content much easier to look at and find, both for viewing and editing purposes, when they're not all on the same post.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
My purpose for doing it is because, although Brovo's solution is great, I hate little more than using BBcode tabs. I really hate them. I struggled enough trying to get the ones I do have up, and they usually only cause more trouble than they're worth (centering them, making them long/wide enough, and entering bullet points into tabs just doesn't work). But I like having sections in my roleplay information. Having it all in one post has always felt clunky to me and honestly makes updating things a nightmare. The solution for me would be to have multiple posts on my OOC thread for different information, that way if I want to edit character sheet lists, I don't have to scroll through all of the stuff before and after it. I can't do that on my current OOC thread, though. The first post is mine, and is immediately followed by other people's posts. If I created a new thread I could reserve the first three posts as my new 'tabs' so to speak.

I know it's an aesthetics thing, but it makes the content much easier to look at and find, both for viewing and editing purposes, when they're not all on the same post.
Well, if that's the case I would suggest creating a new thread and then send in a thread moderation request and ask for the old overview thread to be archived so we get it archived immediately and aren't confused over it on update day. (Don't forget to post a link in the old OOC to the new OOC before it's archived, so your partners knows that you have a new thread.)

Also include in your new thread (preferably visibly at the top) which rp category the thread should be moved into on update day, because once the thread goes back to normal they will have to be put into their categories, and Diana won't be able to see which category a thread without an overview should be in. You can write something like "Put this into the Fantasy category during the update." and then erase it once the update is done, or write (Fantasy rp) at the end of the title and edit it out after update day. That way the risk of it being placed in the wrong section will be reduced. ^^

Quick question if I may, is the reversion to the old system going to retain the "hide the libertine/liberteen stuff" option? I'm rather fond of that option myself.

Quick question if I may, is the reversion to the old system going to retain the "hide the libertine/liberteen stuff" option? I'm rather fond of that option myself.
I think it is, as that's independent of the RP system in question and is a profile feature. Still... Doesn't hurt to double check.

@Diana OWL WOMAN! WHAT DOTH THOU THINK OF THIS MAN'S QUERY?

The hide libertine stuff will still work as intended. 8D

• Thank You
Reactions: Maxim
There is a slight chance that update day will have to be delayed until the 17th. O____O I am getting unexpected foreign houseguests on Valentine's weekend.

So it might have been asked already, but @Diana, will this only effect the roleplays? One of my friends and I have been discussing this and we are worried that it will get rid of the profile roleplay resume thingy as well.... Thanks

So it might have been asked already, but @Diana, will this only effect the roleplays? One of my friends and I have been discussing this and we are worried that it will get rid of the profile roleplay resume thingy as well.... Thanks
Yup, already asked and answered. Only roleplay threads should see any major changes with this update. Roleplay Resumes will almost certainly remain unchanged.

*stands on crate* People, listen to me, your saviour! The site must not be updated on the 14th, or it shall be down forever! Heed thee warnings, as they were predicted by future sighted of the previous century!

Because Ghostbusters II is a valid and trusted source of information.
CXqcBJjWMAAjxjw.jpg

That's a shame I really liked the tabs too, it makes things so much more organized

Status
Not open for further replies.