Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not discussing anything~~

I stated what I knew would be unpopular with people. I hear it all the time from younger people that P.E isn't something that should be mandatory. Simple as that.

It was only a matter of time.
tumblr_inline_mj3isypZXI1qz4rgp.gif

On Topic: People should science & news better, and anyone who's opinion is founded purely in personal opinion rather than objective facts, should slap themselves across the face. We shouldn't replace one form of indoctrinated feels (ex: "no more religious schools") with indoctrinated feels (ex: "I have no positive memories of PE"). Always go by what is compounded through logical means, and by the needs of the society and the individual. Not by personal feelings.

• Thank You
Reactions: Izurich
My two cents on Phys Ed: It's great, even though it was one of my worst subjects because I lack that elusive jockdouche gene that a lot of my classmates have.

It's not that phys ed is bad; it's that what's offered isn't for everyone. I think kids should have a choice of 2-3 phys ed courses, kind of like how there's different ones for math and sciences and history, that have different focuses. I think most people's issues with phys ed stems from the fact it's heavily competitive sports biased. I know I sucked at competitive team sports, but I really took to gymnastics and track & field. There's like endless possibilities for physical activity that can be taught, it's just that schools either have no will or money to break out of tradition and do something different, like teaching martial arts or parkour or even just some bullshit games that are active as hell.

I'm not discussing anything~~

I stated what I knew would be unpopular with people. I hear it all the time from younger people that P.E isn't something that should be mandatory. Simple as that.
Oh, I know. You were fine.

I agree with Hellis and Brovo.

Personal experiences speaking: I hated gym as I grew older. I only liked a select few of the activities that was a part of the curriculum and I hated the changing rooms. I was that overweight child that got picked last and during a competition I caused my team to lose a strong first place and ranked second, they really got harsh against me on that (the teacher scolded them for that though). Point blank, no happy thoughts about gym. None.

Still, I was not the obese child because it forced me to be active, run and participate. I did participate, I did play an active part in my own way.

I'm for P.E because it removes the excuses to not be active, my only wish would remove the need for a grade on gym and instead have the option of requesting a letter of recommendation from your gym teacher if applying to a sports focused study. A number says very little when it comes to physical capabilities when you haven't aced or flunked it.

Also: I love practicing aikido, it's challenging, I'm not the best but I feel energized and satisfied from it.

**^**^**^**

Since we're on the subject on sports and making something, anything your source of obsession:

- Die. Obsessions can just fucking die. Loving a sport/game/genre/series is all good but let it rule your entire life? No, nope, nope, nope. That's just not a healthy thing to do. That's something that can turn even the kindest person on earth to a demon if slighted about it.

Reactions: Koschei
Here's a fun opinion, I can't stand people who bully others who help with animal rights rater than trying to help "Starving kids in Africa"

For starters, there are already many organizations trying to solve the starving children issue, and have had quite a bit of success last I heard. Weather it be these filtered straws that make the water at Africa drinkable, to volunteers who build them houses for free, etc etc. So there's already allot of people doing that.

There's also allot of people trying to solve the terrorist problem the best they can. Weather that's joining the military, or other means I don't really know about.

So all these things are covered by many many people, so who's left to protect animals? Well apparently according to allot of people, nobody should. Problem with that mindset is, that is why PEOPLE start hating people, they'll get slammed by humans for the crime of having a heart for more than just humans, which in turns only gives them experience of bad humans, and makes them not care in the slightest about humans (Anymore)

The other problem is helping people is perfectly legal (Most the time) so there's not much resistance. Helping animals on the other hand, isn't always legal, or is quickly made illegal when a legal way to help is found. Which in turn, forces those people to be more "Extreme" Now websites like change.org has quite the animal section with a surprising amount of success so those extreme measures don't have to be as common anymore, but still.

So there's millions trying to fix the terrorist issue, MANY people trying to fix the starving children issue (Not sure quite how many, but even if there's not very many, they are sure as hell pretty proficient all things considered) so with all the support there, what's so bad about people giving support to animal rights? There's people trying to help with just about every issue out there (If not, EVERY issue out there) so QUIT pretending like nobodies trying to help starving children just because you meet a small handful who are trying to help animals DX If your specific cause isn't as popular as another, then instead of bitching at the other causes, make your own cause more proficient to make up for not having as much backing, or try to get your cause more backing by spreading the word (Spreading the word isn't bullying/putting other people down BTW... Well it IS spreading the word alright, but it does make your cause look bad)

Fun PE side story XD
I was always that Olympic kid in PE XP Max power and max speed on everything I do. People loved being on my team but hated being against me. Although that may have more to do with how people ended up getting hurt on the opposite team DX

I don't know what happens, but god just flat out intervenes. An example is while playing kickball, I'll kick the ball and it goes STRAIGHT for this one kids crouch. When I come up to kick again a bit later, same dude, same place, same angle, same power XD

Hockey was a fun one too. Let's just say that I'm after that dsik, and I did miss the disk quite a bit because someone else would snake in and beat me to it XP But in me missing the Disk, I kinda ended up hitting someone else, Whoops D:

The only game where nobody really got hurt was frisby, and that's because I was THE master at catching it, so I just stood at the goal line and my team members would throw it to me the MOMENT they got it, no matter how far away they were. It got to the point where half the enemy's team was blocking ONLY me D: That's not nice. But I was taller than all of them so I can reach over them annndddd *Yoink* ^^ There was a time where this guy trying flat out smacking it out of my hands, but my grip is far too mighty for that XD

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It was only a matter of time.
Let's not bite any bullets.
Especially when someone is ignoring a legitimate question but is choosing to voice disagreement in a way it could stir the pot with people. :P
My two cents on Phys Ed: It's great, even though it was one of my worst subjects because I lack that elusive jockdouche gene that a lot of my classmates have.

It's not that phys ed is bad; it's that what's offered isn't for everyone. I think kids should have a choice of 2-3 phys ed courses, kind of like how there's different ones for math and sciences and history, that have different focuses. I think most people's issues with phys ed stems from the fact it's heavily competitive sports biased. I know I sucked at competitive team sports, but I really took to gymnastics and track & field. There's like endless possibilities for physical activity that can be taught, it's just that schools either have no will or money to break out of tradition and do something different, like teaching martial arts or parkour or even just some bullshit games that are active as hell.
I don't agree with having PE myself, but I would find this an appropiate

*Pokes head back in to make sure people are playing nice*

Unpopular opinions:
I like my chocolate dark, as in so dark it's almost bitter.
I also dislike chocolate ice-cream
Cats are better than dogs

Reactions: dragonesper
E-sports are as legitimate as any traditional sport.
This! If they call Chess sport, why not Dota and LoL? Lolgic!

*Pokes head back in to make sure people are playing nice*

Unpopular opinions:
I like my chocolate dark, as in so dark it's almost bitter.
I also dislike chocolate ice-cream
Cats are better than dogs
I wanted to love you. I really did, and you were doing so well with the first opinion... And then the last one. Sigh.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Here's a big one.

-If you think a prenup or other legally binding document which protects you and your partner(s) in the event of a divorce somehow invalidates their love for you, you're too immature to handle a relationship. Expecting someone to marry you with absolutely no protection and possibly sacrifice their life, friend, and long term stability for your emotional comfort is the very definition of narcissism.

Seriously. After witnessing what happened to my parents because of a divorce they had--after a twenty year long marriage, I might add--in which they lacked a prenup? Yeah. No. Fuck you. Marriage is a legal document, and so is a prenup, and considering one romantic while the other somehow invalidates the relationship is your immature, idiotic narcissism getting in the way of everyone's safety.

Here's a big one.

-If you think a prenup or other legally binding document which protects you and your partner(s) in the event of a divorce somehow invalidates their love for you, you're too immature to handle a relationship. Expecting someone to marry you with absolutely no protection and possibly sacrifice their life, friend, and long term stability for your emotional comfort is the very definition of narcissism.

Seriously. After witnessing what happened to my parents because of a divorce they had--after a twenty year long marriage, I might add--in which they lacked a prenup? Yeah. No. Fuck you. Marriage is a legal document, and so is a prenup, and considering one romantic while the other somehow invalidates the relationship is your immature, idiotic narcissism getting in the way of everyone's safety.
Hey now, this is for unpopular opinions, not ranting XD
Have a go at it here ^^
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/rant-your-brains-out-98274.45145/page-88

That way you can rant your brains out without having to be limited by giving the illusion that it may be an unpopular opinion, because I can hardly name a single kind of person who thinks "You know what? I don't want things to be fair, so i'm going to try to take as much stuff as I can if this bitch is to break up with me >:D"

Now most people seem to be "Human only" So this may qualify, but I wish I had body parts of all sorts of animals. A cats eye for nightvision, Cheetah's legs for speed, a smaller elephant/rhino/gorilla's arms for strength, apparently a whales mind for super memory, and pick up sonar/telepathic? messages. Really, there's not a single part of the human body that I find very "Superior" over other creatures, so I just wanna be a mixture of all the best species this world has. Yeah I'd look... Interesting, but that kind of power would probably make it well worth it. Not to mention the variety of looks. Furries are furries for a reason, one being humans are boring, and animals have SOOOOO much different look potential (Antrho wise anyway) So if we were able to take other creatures body parts and take it as our own, then we would have so much diversity and stuff. But no >.> People gotta be like "Us humans are perfect, changing anything about us is the biggest sin evar and you're just a freak of nature" No fun I swear DX

because I can hardly name a single kind of person who thinks "You know what? I don't want things to be fair, so i'm going to try to take as much stuff as I can if this bitch is to break up with me >:D"
Then you live in a very idealistic world, and I don't know whether to envy or pity you. Prenups are an unpopular opinion in the world, most people don't get them because there is a stigma attached to them. :ferret:

Then you live in a very idealistic world, and I don't know whether to envy or pity you. Prenups are an unpopular opinion in the world, most people don't get them because there is a stigma attached to them. :ferret:

Really? Huh... I guess pity me then ^^ It's rare that there's a negative that I don't know about, and I like to know negatives out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.