Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward Snowden is a criminal, and should be treated as such. While I agree the NSA and government were also in the wrong by spying on us, he committed a crime, which makes him a criminal.

Edit: This does not mean I don't think him a hero. He is one, he just should also be treated as a criminal.

Last edited:
Patriotism is not beating your chest and closing your eyes for the flaws of your country. It is not toting a gun or waving a flag to prove something.

Nationalism is never a good thing. Never.

Turning healthcare into a profit based private sector is sickening.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Modern feminism is a ridiculous movement that focuses on the minor, unimportant women's issues - like how women can't wear short skirts without being looked at (isn't it nature that guys will look at you?) or the there is this huge wage gap that has nothing to do with education or experience. Ugh. Like there are women out there that are getting acid thrown on them, raped by older men, and forced into slave labour. First world problems at its finest. Not to mention men have issues, too, like the fact that they are less likely to be accepted into University with the same credentials as an identical woman, or that they are constantly bombarded with ideas to be muscular and ripped. I believe in equality, not supremacy. (And I'm a female, by the way)

Pisses me off. The end.

• I think exploiting natural resources is okay as long as it's not turning the world into a cesspool

• Hunting is the most fun I've had in my life; whether it's hunting people with airsoft rifles or hunting animals with real rifles, the adrenaline rush is insane.

• I think that war is necessary to benefit everyone- even those who lose. Without war, the world become stagnant and everyone becomes a whiny bitch.

• gun control should be about how well I can control my firearm. If I want to pay fourteen thousand dollars for a god damned mini gun you better believe I've earned its 7.62 automatic glory!

• Rape culture in America is bullshit. My genitalia agrees that I am no more specialized than any man is (just through different outlets).

• I think that police officers should be challenged, but not resisted. Learn your rights, protect yourself, but don't cause a mess. If you get shot resisting arrest then that's your fault for endangering an officer. Stop being a dumb cunt and maybe you won't be shot.

• American schools don't actually teach kids for anything other than common core tests and should just have base curriculum for every subject and less homework (which has been scientifically proven to not benefit teens. The practice does, however sending it home does not!)

• teens should be allowed to drop out at 14 with parental consent.

• Colleges shouldn't discriminate; if you have a GED and a 30 on the ACT you better get fucking enrolled

• Democrats hearts are too big and their head is up their ass

• Republicans overthink and and don't have hearts

• Everyone should write in my history teacher for president because he's a much better candidate than anyone else running...not even shitting you, the whole city is voting for him as a joke.

• Vegeta is a better character than Goku

• Quentin Tarantino is grossly underrated

Reactions: Gonzo
Also, to tie my belief that robots are gonna take our jobs and we need a new economic system together:
-Humanity needs to retire. Like, the whole species. Have robots do all the hard work and we can spend the rest of our days doing whatever we like.

Reactions: Brovo
I can hardly name a single kind of person who thinks "You know what? I don't want things to be fair, so i'm going to try to take as much stuff as I can if this bitch is to break up with me >:D"
Eh, to expand on what Brovo said humans are emotional creatures by nature.

People usually look through things with a personal and bias lens, not a objective and critical lens.
And this is especially true in Relationships, which is essentially just emotions towards one another.

And even Logical People can fall for this trap very easily in their relationship, may it out of blind love, fear to hurt them, guilt etc.

For a personal example I generally find myself fairly capable of taking a step back, absorbing the facts and then working on a conclusion.
However, Relationships (as far as past experience goes for me, last case being over 2 years ago) is an entirely different ball game.
Suddenly there's this individual who I care about, my feelings for them grow strong, I care about their well being and our personal bond completely.
And as a result I'll lose a lot of sense of judgement, doing rather brash/illogical things, become more clingy, protective etc.

And in this topic of Prenups more specifically.
I'm completely ok with such a contract... now.
But go back a few years ago? I was way into the "Love will get us through. We should trust each other blindly" mentality.
(Granted I was a Teenager at the time) where even any sort of logical precaution fired off paranoia in my head along the lines of "Does she not trust me? What did I do wrong? Why doesn't she love me?" etc.

And in all honesty, if I hadn't had friends in high school with such a good on their shoulders to help me out back then I'm not sure if I would have been able to kick that sort of mentality (or at least control it) today.

• Useful
Reactions: Shadon Xarian
-Berserk is literally the best thing Japan has ever exported

-I always encourage my female friends to exploit the "nice guys" for all they're worth; use them as cash machines and walk all over them. If you're stupid, desperate and pathetic enough to let others take advantage of you just for the slightest chance of getting some ass, you deserve it.

-I think everyone should have experience with at least one sport/physical activity. I've been seeing a lot of hate for P.E. and such in this thread. I think the issue with most people is they haven't found something they really like. I'm no where near athletic; my muscles and abs have deteriorated into flab and my stamina is absolute shit. But I'm proud of what few things I did. I played Basketball (though was shit at it) and was a linebacker in American Football. However I didn't really care for those sports. I did horseback riding with my father and got good at it and have always loved it. I also briefly picked up Fencing and I really enjoyed it and want to get back into it again (along with the heavy weapons category, where you put on plate armor and beat the fuck outta each other with broadswords and shit)

If you don't enjoy the usual sports and activities offered by your schools/colleges don't just say that physical activity isn't for you and use it as an excuse to be a lazy piece of shit (saying this as a lazy piece of shit). There is something for everybody, you just have to search a little bit to see what interests you. Because when you see your muscles develop and you get stronger, its a great feeling.

-People who judge other people for their music tastes suck so much. Literally who cares what someone else is listening too? Does someone you know got the case of the Bieber Fever or likes Miley Cyrus/Nicki minaj/Taylor Swift/female pop singer? The best remedy I've found is too shut the fuck up and pop in whatever music you listen to, which I guarantee people think sucks too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Decimate
I actually like Gerald Ford. *hides in bunker*

- I actually Liked the live-action Scooby-Doo movies (to this day)

- I think that the console wars and the whole 'PC master race' thing is bullshit. Play whatever you want and shut up about wether or not your Graphics are better. It's not about the game looking good: it's about how much you actually enjoy it.

- I think that terrible films should be remade so that we can have better films as opposed to seeing all of the good films getting remakes/reboots.

- Sonic the Hedgehog is still relevant in the gaming industry, despite the backlash fans have given the franchise. They tried something new and failed, who hasn't? And on that note, here's a list of 'bad' Sonic games I really enjoyed: Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Secret Rings (which was 'meh' but not bad), and Sonic Lost World.

- I honestly think that gender equality is the way things should be, but I hate it when people take things too far and start blaming every man for things that only a percentage of the population does. We're by all animals ready to assault or demean women.

- I think most movies with a gimmick are completely stupid and shouldn't be green-lit by production companies (Unfriended, Blair Witch Project). I make the exception for 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'-esk Live Actuon/Cartoon Hybrids as well as films like Chonicle and Super 8 because I liked those despite the gimmicks employed.

- I think the Star Wars prequels are just as good as the original trilogy and the edits to episodes 4, 5 and 6 didn't really offend me for the most part (and I'm a guy who grew up watching those films).

- I. Hate. Superman. Just his character. He sucks and I was never interested in anything he ever did or went on to do.

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
- Originality isn't dead.
- Books should have some sort of rating system. I don't care, Moby Dick is not for middle schoolers!
- James Cameron's Avatar was pretty but lacked a deep plot.
- Elf is a terrible Christmas movie.
- Women should be allowed time off for their monthly and get paid for it.
- Mortdecai was not a bad film.

- Fake pockets on girl trousers need to die. The tiny pockets too. My two inch phone cannot fit in these things! Wtf!
- Alcohol is not that great.
- I don't give a damn about the private lives of celebrities.
- Society should embrace introverts for what they are.

- Hollywood needs to stop shoving romance into everything.

The drinking age should be 18 in the US. I mean, if you're going to allow people to vote, drive, and even be drafted to die for their country at that age, why not let them drink?

• Love
be drafted to die for their country at that age
aP0qrIP.gif

LITERALLY!

The drinking age should be 18 in the US. I mean, if you're going to allow people to vote, drive, and even be drafted to die for their country at that age, why not let them drink?
Even funnier is you can be 18 to deal with rocket launchers and grenades in the military, but you gotta be 21 for that handgun ammo >.< Which you just gotta be 18 for rifle based ammo

I'm still trying to find out why butterfly knives are illegal. All they are is just flashy, but they don't offer any advantage over a perfectly legal combat knife/average pocket knife. As far as I can tell anyway.

But even funnier is that brass knuckles are illegal, but shock brass knuckles are not (Shock brass knuckles are literally brass knuckles with a taser inside it, almost like the added shock somehow makes it safer and less deadly DX Law makers seem to know NOTHING about weapons, at least in the close range category -.-

Wonder how they differentiate handgun ammo and rifle ammo. An M4 variant and Walther P22 use the same bullets, so that conversation may be fun.

I actually ran into this exact situation. I had just graduated my Armoured Crewman course with the Canadian Forces and was 18 and in Ontario, so a year short of the drinking age. So will my fellow course mates were celebrating at the canteen, I had to settle with water. Turns out they don't break the law on army bases. Who knew?

Another opinion: If you get a driving violation that costs demerit points, you should be forced to retake a driving test. The best way to make people not drive like an asshole is to hit them where it hurts and inconvenience the hell out of them. Nobody wants to do another driver's test, let alone pay for it. I guarantee after the first time, people would suddenly be very aware of how they're driving so they won't have to redo it.

On the other hand, drivers who drive slower than the speed limit and take corners painfully slowly seem to be the most unlikely to obey or understand traffic law. I see them do some really stupid shit all the goddamn time, like sudden lane changes in front of you without signalling, forcing you to slam in the brakes as to not hit them and turning right when there's an advanced green going into their lane.

Reactions: Shadon Xarian
On the other hand, drivers who drive slower than the speed limit and take corners painfully slowly seem to be the most unlikely to obey or understand traffic law. I see them do some really stupid shit all the goddamn time, like sudden lane changes in front of you without signalling, forcing you to slam in the brakes as to not hit them and turning right when there's an advanced green going into their lane.
Some of them might still be student drivers. Driving slow, taking turns very slowly, sudden stops, and weird turns are all a lot of mistakes that I made when I was still getting used to being on the road, so I'm very sympathetic of drivers who seem to be doing the same thing. ...I mean, I'm still cautious around them, but, yeah, I'm not going to assume they're just some moron and honk at them when that would probably only make them more nervous (and even more likely to make a mistake) if they are a student driver.

• Love
Some of them might still be student drivers. Driving slow, taking turns very slowly, sudden stops, and weird turns are all a lot of mistakes that I made when I was still getting used to being on the road, so I'm very sympathetic of drivers who seem to be doing the same thing. ...I mean, I'm still cautious around them, but, yeah, I'm not going to assume they're just some moron and honk at them when that would probably only make them more nervous (and even more likely to make a mistake) if they are a student driver.

Usually, I'm talking about middle to older aged people. Student drivers usually have a sign on the car and are obeying all the rules because they have the instructor right there.

The lady who was going 90 in a 100 zone, signaled to go on the off ramp and started turning into the ramp before swerving right back in my lane and forcing me to a dead stop last week had to have been in her 40s, to use one of many examples.

Usually, I'm talking about middle to older aged people. Student drivers usually have a sign on the car and are obeying all the rules because they have the instructor right there.
Oh, I was referring to student drivers practicing outside of a driver's ed course. You know, with a parent or something riding with them. In which case, they wouldn't have a specially marked car. Also, it's not so much a problem of deliberately breaking the rules as much as simply not having a good enough feel for the controls yet (which would explain sudden stops, etc), so, having an instructor or parent watching doesn't completely remedy that problem.

But yeah, older drivers are a different thing altogether.

• Love
Religion is outdated and out of place in modern society.

It also has absolutely no place in government or politics. Your religious beliefs should not be able to affect what kind of laws there are, it just shouldn't. Not everyone shares the same beliefs, and because of that these types of laws have a strong tendency to just completely ruin people's lives.

Well, guess it is my turn.

-Political power would be far more effective if people only had power over subjects they understood.
-Democracy is flawed for the reason that the majority of people do not adequately understand the ramifications of their choices, and the elite class has a much more effective means of creating real change.
-Think about the number of independent studies on politicians exist, then divide that by our population. It rounds to zero.
-Approximate the number of people who participate in local elections, then divide by the people who could. It should be less than an eighth.
-Think about the last time the average American followed a particular politician to see if they were effective. They have not.
-I could make a lot more of these, but the point is that we as a governed populace have no means to see that we are effectively represented for the reason that politics is boring, complex, and we have better things to do with our time.
-I believe most Democrats overestimate the power of laws to change society, while most Republicans underestimate that power.
-The Death Penalty, in its current state, is too expensive to be worthwhile, both in human and monetary cost. Fixing it will involve compromising on one cost over the other, and nobody will like it.
-Similarly, imprisonment in the United States is a great system for punishing people, and a terrible system for correcting people.
-Many people value an ability to perform up until the moment they can be replaced.
-I don't believe in most mainstream religions for the reason that they place too much importance on the actions and morality of humans.
-People generally overestimate the value of their opinion.
-Life is not always about being happy.
-Science is the discovery of consistency, not fact.
-Selfies can be fun.
-I dislike most American pop music because it is becoming genuinely difficult to find songs that are not related to sex, break-ups, or teen angst.
-The movie, book, and RP world has far too many dead/miss/absent parents. While this opinion probably is popular, we still seem to continue making them in great abundance for some reason.
-

Reactions: Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.