Unfortunate Consequences (MiNaGi & Shyblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Could've guessed so." Celine replied as she looked Natasha over. Yup. Definitely Adrian's type. "Then you should just give it time." She replied softly as she sat in the bar with her legs crossed, looking at the teenager. She knew what those feelings were like, and sometimes there wouldn't be anything there after all. She glanced at Natasha who was lying on the counter practically hiding herself in her arms. Adrian was like that too and she didn't mind it much. She smiled as she looked out of the window. "Nice to meet you, Natasha." She replied politely. She thought about the question for a while, her gaze seemingly distant and lost in the past. "I guess I generally like it... aside from a few complications we manage this house together just fine." Celine ended up saying, never going in detail with these "complications". She knew that Adrian wouldn't want Natasha to know.

Natasha was silent for a few moments, her hand was limply laying on her face. Her fingers were just spread apart enough for her cold eyes to shine through. Like for a moment she had turned off her emotions while she listened. Perhaps it was a momentary retreat from her own inner turmoil. Her eyes returned to normal as her hand slid off her face and limply landed on the counter. She took in a deep breath and pulled herself out of her arm, and began to run her fingers through her hair. "Complications huh?" She didn't seem to want to press that matter. At least no at the moment, instead she was looking off to the side. Not seemingly at anything in particular, possibly the entrance to the room. "Does Adrian go missing often? Like I mean... Just run off for a few days without saying anything?" It was a weird question, that was for sure, and her demeanor changed to reflect it. Her head turned back toward Celine, her elbows were on the counter and her hands flat. Her feet were forward a little bit, just enough to touch the base of the counter.

Celine observed Natasha and her demeanor how it changed all the time. She wanted to ask but knew that something going as deep as to make you lose your mental place in the world wasn't something you could just ask about. She looked at Natasha and smiled a little. "Yeah. Some complications." She said softly as she sat with her legs crossed, looking at the younger girl. She smiled seeing her light back up again. She thought about the question. It was in Adrian's nature. He'd lived for a long time running away and when life caught up with him, he tended to avoid contact and run away. She tilted her head as she thought. He usually left a note or something like that, and he always came back. "I don't know how to answer, really. He goes away but usually leaves a note. Though he never tells me where he's at. I just accept it because I know he'll be back eventually. But he sometimes needs some breathing space. He's always been a strange kid." It was obvious that she had seen Adrian grow up to become what he had become, and it was obvious that she cared. But she knew that sometimes Adrian just needed solitude. Sometimes he needed to be free to give in to his conflicting thoughts.

Natasha nodded lightly. Her eyes closed for a few moments. When they opened, her eyelids lifted slowly. Her head was tilted downward slightly her eyebrows tilted slightly inward. The look seemed at home on her, like this was a standard expression for her. "There was no note this time, was there Celine?" It was clear, the questions she had asked were very deliberate, along with her attitude shifts. It had been an act of some sort. To what end? That remained to be seen. The prickly question now stood in between the two of them, and Natasha seemed heavily invested in what her answer could be. There was a stillness in her. Placidity like an ice sculpture. Her eyes refused to wander, keeping a cold grip on Celine.

Celine looked at her curiously as she observed the other girl. She closed her eyes as she stood up, her eyes never leaving Natasha's, at least as long as they were open. She put the clean glass she was holding down onto the bar counter and leaned against the counter. "Well. No, there wasn't. But I did visit him in the hospital. I saw you there. Thank you for taking care of Adrian." She said politely as she ran a hand through her hair. She glanced at the girl. "May I ask why you deliberately came here to talk to me?" She asked curiously. She knew that for some reason, Natasha was hiding something. And she didn't want Adrian to get hurt again. Because she knew he always got himself in trouble and eventually hurt. Especially how his heart would levitate towards the people he couldn't have.

Natasha closed her eyes and let out a sigh. Leaning back a little bit. She appeared to be gathering thoughts. Eventually her eyes opened, slowly again but the fire seemed to be gone. "Sorry... I can get pretty intense sometimes." Despite the apology she kept a firm gaze. "I just needed to talk to you. To try and understand why Adrian is the way he is..." Finally her gaze broke looking off to the side again, it was almost as if she was looking at a mirage of Adrian. "I think I'm finally beginning to get the whole picture though..." Her eyes turned back toward Celine, they kept their firm appearance. "I hadn't seen you there... I was wondering if you had visited at all..." Her feet removed themselves away from base and her hands slid off the counter into her lap. Her expression was simply neutral. "Did you think I was a better face to wake up to?"

Celine leaned thoughtfully against the counter as she watched Natasha. She smiled as she looked at Natasha with a kind expression as she listened softly to what the girl had to say. "That's alright... anyone has things that they get a bit upset about... don't sweat it." She looked back at Natasha with a smile. "Adrian is a strange person. But he has a good mind. He wouldn't hurt a fly. So don't worry yourself in such a fashion." Celine followed Natasha's eyes as she waited for her to start talking again. She was smiling just slightly. "That's good to hear, Natasha. So is there more you want to know or are you done?" She asked politely as she looked into Natasha's eyes, her gaze never leaving the teenager. "I didn't show myself. When I don't want to be seen, I'm not seen. But I was there a lot, actually." She said softly as she smiled. She uncrossed her legs, stood up and poured a glass of a sweet looking, golden liquid. She poured another one and handed it to Natasha. "Here you are. And he needed a change of pace, for once. I thought you'd give him something in his life."

"Here I am..." Natasha looked at the liquid that was pushed to her. Picking up the glass and sniffing the sweet concoction. "I'm not..." She was silent for a few moments as she placed the glass down without taking a sip. Perhaps she didn't have the stomach for it right now. "I've no more questions." She raised her eyes from the glass to Celine again. She was wearing a smile. "But... would you mind if I told you something about myself? Or I suppose. Do you have any questions?"

"It's like juice, it'll do your stomach good." She said softly as she smiled a little, taking a sip of the drink. "We keep away from alcohol and make these sweet ones instead because they taste much better." She smiled as she looked at Natasha. "It's fine. If you're done asking, then we can talk about something else. So, what was it that happened with Adrian?" It seemed that she already knew quite a bit, but she didn't let on what knowledge she possessed. She ran a hand through her hair and looked out of the window as she sipped lightly of the sweet and gentle drink. "Tell me whatever you want me to know. I have no reason or interest to snoop in on your life, so if there's something in particular I should know, I just want you to tell me that and leave it there." Celine smiled kindly as she ran a hand through her hair again. It fell into her eyes so she did it quite often.

Natasha didn't seem to interested in drinking the liquid. Instead she just stared silently for a few seconds. She began to shrink in her seat a little bit as she answered the question. "I hit Adrian with my car..." She replied, though not with out much strain and duress. "Then I took him to the hospital." She continued, looking more and more pale with each word. "As for what you should know about me?" She seemed hesitant for a few moments again, like she was trying to dig down deep and find something specific. "Right now, I have a part time job with an investigative firm... Once I'm out of school I want to open up my own investigative agency." Natasha looked up a little bit, a weak smile on her lips. "I know it won't be like a detective novel, but It's still what I want to do. That's why sometimes I can get a hard nosed attitude." The way she said it seemed like it was supposed to be an explanation and apology for her earlier actions.

Celine smiled. She could see on Natasha's actions that it had been an accident. Of course she regretted it, and considering Adrian hadn't even considered pressing charges against her or anything, Celine didn't see her as a bad person. "Well, accidents happen sometimes. Thank you for taking care of him." She replied politely. She watched as Natashe became more and more pale. Celine really had a hard time reading her, but it was better if she just stayed put and listened. "Yes?" She asked as she looked at the hesitating Natasha for a few moments. "Ah, I see. I hope it works out for you, I'm sure you'll be a bright detective." She said with a smile as she looked at Natasha. She seemed like a reasonable, realistic person and Celine knew that'd be of her benefit if she were to become a detective. "Of course, of course. Stress isn't something new, you know, it'll be okay." She said softly. "Besides, I'm not angry at you. I don't judge people that easily. From what I can see you haven't been sleeping much... and of course Adrian is also providing a mental strain, or at least attention on you."

Natasha's hand raised placing itself over one side of her face. "Ugh... I know..." Her visible eye was tired and distraught, it was looking down at the floor. "I'm sure if I had a good nights sleep things would be much clearer to me." But she only removed her hand and sighed. As much as she would have liked to fall asleep on the counter she wasn't really comfortable doing so. Instead she turned and hopped off of the chair she'd been sitting in. "Well, thank you for listening and answering my questions." The way she jammed her hands into the pockets of her long coat, the slight frown she wore, and the slight tilt of her head. Made it look like she was re-enacting a scene from an old detective movie. She was just missing a cigarette hanging from her mouth. "I'm going to go wait for Adrian by the stairs." She replied smoothly before beginning to walk off.

Celine smiled just slightly as she watched the girl. She looked so tired. She was going to offer for her to stay but knew that Adrian was getting ready to go out. So she let Natasha leave and settled back into what business she had been doing. She had a past with Adrian. Some memories, some good, some bad, some... conflicting, or maybe just embarrassing. Either way, there was a lot they needed to get sorted out, but Celine was waiting for Adrian's permission for them to do so. Until then, she'd stay put and accept whatever decision Adrian made. When Natasha was at the stairs, she didn't have to wait long. Adrian was almost done, and when he finished, he hooked up in his bag and headed down the stairs. He seemed somewhat nervous, and it was partly because he was scared when thinking about Natasha possibly encountering Celine. He knew that Celine loved to talk.

Natasha smiled and raised her hand in a light greeting to him. She had been leaning against the hand rail. "I was beginning to wonder if you needed help up there." Natasha quickly stood up straight before dusting her coat off. "Is there anything else you'd like to do before we go?" She tilted her head, a light smile playing on her lips as she awaited a response.

"No... not really. I just need to go say goodbye to Celine." He muttered as he set down his bags, walking to where Celine was. The woman smiled and beckoned him over. "Don't worry Adry, I didn't tell her.. about us." Adrian smiled a little. Well, that was a start. Celine stood up and ran her hands across Adrian's cheeks. They shared a brief kiss for memories' sake and then Adrian took his bags and walked out with Natasha. "Well... let's go."

Natasha was standing near the door already. Staring at the way Adrian had exited. Part of her wanted to follow, but she refrained. Her mind did churn however, wondering what they would talk about and if Celine would discuss anything that had happened while waiting. Even as Adrian returned Natasha's eyes remained fixed, being over come by thought, she did not bother to wrestle herself from it until Adrian spoke. "Hm? Yeah." Though she said it she didn't actually seem like she was. As she turned toward the exit, her movements seemed slow and heavy. "What is Celine to you?" The way she asked, and how her eyes continued to look forward while she waited for a response seemed to indicate she was little scared of what the answer might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian sighed. He should've known that question would come sooner or later. His thoughts drifted off slightly as he tried to form some kind of answer. Because it was complicated. Very complicated. It was like explaining something you didn't even quite understand yourself. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at the ground. "It's... it's complicated. I don't know how to explain it using words... I just don't know." He admitted as he looked anywhere but directly at Natasha. "At some point in my life... I thought that I wanted something between us. And that's also what turned out to happen, something. But... then I realized that it wasn't what I wanted and now I'm here."

Natasha stayed silent for about a minute as they walked. Her eyes turned upward at the sky. She was piecing together a puzzle, if someone was paying close enough attention to her, they may have been able to see when each piece clicked into place. Her hands were jammed into her pockets, which was not unusual. Her face was surprisingly neutral. They were approaching her car, unconsciously she had pulled the keys out of her pocket. Her right foot came down and suddenly she stopped, the force causing the keys to jingle in her hand. Her head returned to a level state and her eyes stared straight across the street. She wasn't looking toward him, it was as if instead, she was staring at a far away picture. "Let me see if I've got this right." Her head turned toward him, but here eyes continued to stare through him, her eyes remaining surprisingly soft like she was trying to see the past. "You fell for Celine. Which I understand, she was the only one who knew about your secret, not only that but she was already close and taking care of you. You thought being with her would make you feel safe. But it never ended up actually feeling like that right? You two had spent so long in the roles of maid and master that it didn't feel right, and that physical closeness only tainted an already existing relationship. So when you weren't feeling what you thought you'd feel you began to regress into depression. She noticed this and eventually broke it off for your sake, so that you could look for happiness elsewhere, or in someone else. Except something unexpected happened on her end, she fell for you in a way that she can't described. Since she was your legal guardian, she can't leave, and neither can you. You're both trapped, residual feelings floating openly and uncomfortably." Her eyes rescinded back into focus, but her expression remained neutral as she looked into his eyes proper this time. "Am I close?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"She wasn't the cause of my depression. We just drifted apart, that's all. But it didn't work out because of my depression. She wasn't the one making me depressed, rather we split up because I got depressed. She'd never hurt me. She wanted to keep me safe, so we decided to stop... because it was too close to be comfortable. I think the problem was that she knew too much. She knows the sides of me that I never want anyone to see. She's seen me grow up, all the way back from when I was born... it wasn't comfortable for her. It was my fault for getting such a crazy idea not even considering what she might feel about me. She probably still sees the child I was back then." He smiled sadly as he looked at the car. He was speaking the truth, really. Celine had helped him when he was depressed.

She had a contemplative look on her face for a few moments. But after a few moments it began to drain, she had a grasp of everything already but she had messed up some of the details. "Hey, can you drive?" She lowered the hand with keys in it. She closed her eyes and wiped them with the sleeve of her coat. "I probably shouldn't be driving..." She looked up with a weak and weary smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.