Unfortunate Consequences (MiNaGi & Shyblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian twisted his fingers as he looked down. "I... I don't know. I'm scared." He admitted as he looked away slightly. "I don't wanna mess up." He bit down on his lip as he tried not to let it show, but his hands were shaking, he was glancing around and his feet were more or less tripping, making it quite obvious that he was actually really nervous, especially of going alone. He didn't know what to do or say, even if he was being instructed on it. He knew that his mind would go blank when he stood in front of the person.

Natasha held a frown, her eyes watching him carefully. It was unrealistic of her to expect him to be able to go out there. Everything she had seen up to this point was proving that Adrian may never change. He seemed afraid to do anything. To her it was kind of annoying, he kept saying how he wanted to change but never actually seemed to do anything about it... Well... Maybe that wasn't completely true. Adrian probably would never had talked to her if... if she hadn't approached him. "Trust me Adrian. My dad is the last person on earth that you could mess up conversation with." She forced a smile onto her face. She really did believe he could change, but it didn't feel like there was any progress so far.

Adrian felt his hands shake as if he was going to faint. He nodded slightly, his voice having lost him. He walked out towards the kitchen where Natasha's father was, but when he reached there, his voice stuck in his throat. He was frozen on the spot. He just couldn't get himself to speak, it was like he had a rock stuffed down his throat. He simply stared, nervously rubbing his palms together as he looked up at the man. He couldn't move a muscle even of he'd want to. And he really wanted to, but not a sound came out when he opened his mouth. He looked down shamefully as his shoulders began shaking softly. He couldn't. He just couldn't. He hoped that Natasha's dad wouldn't laugh at him for freezing out with panic like that. Because mildly speaking, he was panicking. He felt like he couldn't breathe and desperately needed something, anything, to help him calm down his furious heartbeat and practically ragged breathing.

The man turned while his hands busily worked at spicing the meat on the pan. At first his stare was blank but it filled with a grin. He seemed like he was the kind of guy who was always smiling, even when there was no cause for it. "Hey there Kid. Adrian right?" He turned his head away, paying his attention to the stove. When it became apparent to him that Adrian wasn't going to say anything he looked back. "Y'okay?" His smile faded into a smaller more concerned smile. "I ain't gunna beat ya if that's what your worried 'bout. Not that kinda guy, Nat knows the good from the bad and the ugly, so there's no need to be."

Adrian watched the man cautiously. His hands were still shaking and he wanted to shrink into the floor in order to hide. But he stayed still in place, his heart pounding in fear of being ridiculed. When the man asked if his name was Adrian, he nodded in response, not trusting his voice. When asked if he was okay, he contemplated nodding but he shook his head instead. Because he wasn't okay, and he knew he couldn't hide it. He looked up at the man, trying to find his long lost voice. But it was like someone was restraining him, putting a hand over his mouth so he couldn't speak. "I-I.... sorry." He managed. He didn't know what else to say and just looked up at Natasha's father.

The man was silent for a moment just to see if the boy would continue of his own volition but it became apparent that this was not too be the case. "What's on your mind kid?" He lifted the pan off of the burner and moved it to one that wasn't going. He took a few steps toward Adrian, bending a little bit so he was closer to eye level. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked as he raised his hand to place it on Adrian's forehead.

Adrian just couldn't get himself to answer, and his gaze fixed on the ground. He didn't know how to answer properly. He was just so scared, so insecure, so lonely, as if he was being pushed into something. The ground was spinning below his feet and he gripped the kitchen counter to keep himself somewhat upright. "I'm... I'm scared. I don't know what to say or do, and I'm so scared to mess it all up and be made fun of... it just always happens like that to me and I feel so bad... I'm sorry... I hadn't intended to be like this, I really didn't want to mess it up..."

Status
Not open for further replies.