Unfortunate Consequences (MiNaGi & Shyblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't say another word after that. There was no way he could. He sighed and looked up at her with sad eyes. After a few moments he looked up as well to meet her eyes, stepping out of the bed and taking the few steps required. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, gently pulling her into a hug. He didn't do much more than that, just stood there, completely still. He felt incredibly sorry for what had to happen to her, but he couldn't let her walk out on him. He knew she was right all along. They could never go back to before they met; there was no way they could separate from each other again. Even if his body was shaking just slightly from standing up so suddenly, his arms remained around her, his head settling on her shoulder. With this, he couldn't let her go again. He didn't want to let her go. One of his hands moved up, stroking her hair, letting it run between his fingers. Somehow, he seemed calm and a lot different from usual. He just wanted to stay with her; he knew he did. Even so, he was trying to push her away again. He sighed deeply and kissed her ear, being too lazy to move and kiss her cheek. His voice was just a whisper in her ear. "I'm sorry... I don't want to push you away... please... stay..." After he had spoken, his arms seemed to wrap themselves around her tighter, his eyes closing and his breath seeming to calm down as he hold her.

As he wrapped his arms around her she seemed rigid. But slowly, the tension drained from her. Her arms seemed to relaxed until they wrapped around his waist. Her head leaned into his shoulder. Her fingers grasping at the back of his shirt. "Don't worry... I won't be going anywhere..." She shifted lightly burying her face deeper into his shoulder. Her voice came through muffled. "I've got your back alright? So don't worry. You don't have to worry about me leaving" The sky outside was dark, with only the moons light coming in. It did little in the way extra light. But the dark sky was still a beautiful backdrop. Her eyes closed and she nuzzled up against him. "Mmm.. I could just fall asleep right here." though she didn't seem to mean it as she spoke her body began to get heavier, her grip loosened a little bit, but never gave way. It was inevitable that it would happen, one could have been surprised it didn't happen earlier. But there, in Adrian's arms Natasha had fallen asleep.

He stood with her for a few moments before realizing she was asleep. He picked her up and put her down on the bed, pulling a chair up to the bedside, sitting down with a blanket around his shoulders. He held her hand as he sat there. Soon, he started feeling sleepy as well, and his head fell down onto the side of the bed. His hand was still holding hers lightly. He looked rather peaceful sleeping like that, but his posture seemed so exhausted. He lied like that for most of the night, just sleeping lightly. He was so happy that he could be with Natasha. He wanted to be with her, he didn't want her to leave. Even if he didn't want her to worry, he'd have to learn to live with that. Well, maybe he'd even allow himself falling in love. Maybe, one day. He smiled a little in his sleep, moving a little so that his head was against her shoulder on the bed, though he was still sitting in the chair.

A few hours must have passed, and no one had come to wake them. But even as her body was rife with fatigue she was still the first to wake. The suns rays through the window had gently pulled her to consciousness. Her eyes opened slowly. She stared at the plain ceiling for a few moments. She blinked and sat up in a panic. Her hands began to check her body trying to figure out what the damage was, why she was in a hospital. But as she turned her head to see Adrian the events of the evening came flooding back to her.

Adrian was woken as she stirred around, and he sat up abruptly realizing he was holding her hand. He scrambled away with a muttered apology, and a few moments later, a doctor came and got him. He knew that Natasha had passed on the information he had given her before. He followed obediently and didn't flinch as he had his throat and various other places tested, plus his weight taken. He came back looking not much more affected, more like a person giving up. He cracked the door open, somehow hoping that Natasha had gone home already.

Adrian would have no such luck with this girl, who seemed to relentlessly pursue him. When he entered the room he would see her, sitting silently on the bed. The morning's light creating a slowing silhouette. There wasn't anything outside that was particularly interesting. But still she stared so intently, one could have thought the most fascinating thing in the world was going on just behind that pane of glass.

When he came in, he walked over to where she was sitting, his arms wrapping around her from behind. He closed his eyes and sighed softly. His breath came close to the back of her neck. He leaned against her, trying to convey his thoughts into words. He wanted her to know that he wanted her to stay, even if he feverishly wished that she would go away. It was an old habit, and he was teaching himself to show her those feelings and not his own desperate attempts to convince himself he wanted to be alone.
"I.... didn't mean what I said... please... please stay here... it's hard for me to get used to, and... I just want you to know that I still don't know much about these feelings yet... but until then... can you stay by my side...?"

She was silent as he wrapped his arms around her. Her hands lifted from their neutral spot, holding onto an arm that wrapped around her. Though, she continued to stare out through the window. There was a few moments of silence after Adrian had finished speaking, she must have been contemplating the words carefully. "Why would I even want to leave?" She asked in a soft tone. She began to lean back against him another thought creeping into her mind. "What do you think we've missed at school?"

"A whole lot, probably." He whispered while looking at their reflections in the window. He really liked the sight of them together. He blushed softly and looked down at Natasha's shoulder, leaning close against her. He hadn't thought that after an amount of time this short, they'd be friends, and maybe even more than "friendship" was lingering beneath their actions. Adrian had never truly been in love before, and he was unsure if what he was feeling was the feelings of a romantic crush, or just overly much affection, admiration even. After a little while, he removed himself from the comfortable embrace. "They told me I just needed to take some pills every day, and they've already given me them. So I guess we can leave... I'm sorry. I didn't plan on having a panic attack for the first time in my life together with you."

She simply smiled and giggled as she wrapped her arms around his, closing her eyes and leaning back into him. "It's not like you could have planned it... So don't worry." Her eyes closed as she thought silently to herself about the days to come. She let out a light yawn. "You're okay right?" She asked as she pulled herself away a little, opening her eyes and twisting to look at him. "You're not hiding anything else?"

He shook his head as he looked at her. "Not that I know of, at least." He said with a small smile, looking at her. He didn't really care as he pulled away from her and took off his shirt to change. Even if his mindset was on that he was a guy, his body was still the same as hers, and he couldn't see why that'd be such an exciting sight. He changed his pants as well and put on socks, shoes and a jacket and scarf. For a moment he sat still, as if he was dreaming something. He quickly snapped out of it and stood up, subconsciously taking Natasha's hand in his own. He really didn't have any reason to do it, he just felt like it. He just wanted to hold her hand for some odd reason, and that was all.

When Adrian had pulled away from her Natasha laid on her back and looked straight up at the ceiling. Her eyes closed after a few moments as she waited for Adrian to be ready. Once he placed his hand in hers she wrapped her fingers around his. She turned her head, her cheek lightly smooshing against her face against the bed. "I suppose now the question is begged. Where do we go from here?" Her voice was serious, though she looked a little silly with her face the way it was. The way she had said it implied more than their physical location. Where were these two going emotionally? Mentally from here. Well, she certainly didn't know where the road would lead, but it didn't seem to stop her driving down it.

For a long while, he seemed to ponder the question, his expression distant, but thoughtful. He had thought about it before, but that didn't mean he had an answer to it. The confusing part about it all was whether there was love down that road they were both driving down. Were they going to fall in love, or were their relationship going to stay "platonic"? Even now, he couldn't seem to make up the right answer inside his head. "That depends... where you want to go." He said as his answer, looking back at her. He knew it wasn't really an answer, but he couldn't see any other answers. He pulled on his bag and turned his back against her, looking out of the window.

She was silent in thought for a few moments before standing and looking out the window. Her body becoming a silhouette. "No where to go but forward. Lets just keep on the road until we find what we're looking for." She turned, a giant smile on her face. She shrugged lightly before turning and heading toward the door. Her stride holding confidence in the face of the giant question mark that was their future.

He nodded softly and collected himself, following her out. She was right; they had nowhere else to turn. There was no way they could part ways again, and there was no going back on the relationship they'd gained. They might not be more than friends now, but the future only held questions, confusing situations and an amount of things that would have to be revealed eventually. He sped up to walk beside her and looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

As he approached her eye was already looking, as them met she held the gaze for a moment before looking forward again. They had walked this hall before, it felt different though. Had something changed? It must have. Perhaps it was his trust. She didn't know. "So... What's your maid like?" How weird a question that was did not escape her. But walking silently through a hospital was never a great feeling, at lea

"Ah, well, she's a kind person. A bit of a joker when it comes to me, seeing as I'm practically her brother." He shrugged softly and let his fingers comb through his hair, because it was falling in his eyes. After a moment or two he gave up with a sigh. He closed his eyes and walked along with her, feeling the fresh air on his body when he went outside the confining walls. There was something different about them. Something that hadn't been there before. Perhaps this was friendship...? Or more...? Adrian couldn't tell. He was scared to take any conclusions at all. He looked at the ground, kicking below his feet. He tried to find a topic to talk about aside from his house and household. He had never been comfortable in that area. It wasn't that his maid was someone he was ashamed of - more that he was scared of them being ashamed of him. He sighed and closed his eyes, putting a hand on his forehead just to think. He didn't know what to do and just sighed, opening his eyes again.

She watched him carefully for a few moments. Waiting until he had answered her question. The answer didn't seem to slake her curiosity any bit. But as she continued to watch his body language she eventually looked down toward the ground, her head forward, tilted downward. "I'm sorry you know..." She began, not stopping her timid stride. "Ever since you woke up yesterday. I've just been trying to help you." A soft breath of air escaped her nose. "But I don't think I've been helpful, I'm just running about making a bigger mess of things." Her head was now turned away, looking across the street. Maybe at a distant reflection in a window. Whatever it was it held her interest but did nothing to lift the spirit of her voice.

"You haven't... please don't think that... I'm just so hopeless that nothing can be done for you to help me... but it's not your fault..." He sighed softly but when he started speaking he looked up, nearly getting tears in his eyes. He stopped her by grabbing her arm, holding onto it tightly. "You've helped me a lot, I really like you... and... I'm really happy that you want to be my friend even after all this." He muttered the words, but clearly enough for Natasha to hear him. He took her other hand and turned her towards him, his eyes serious, and seemingly a bit frightened. "I'm just not sure what I feel anymore... I... I thought and hoped I thought of you as a friend... but my heart keeps slapping me and telling me that that's not the case... and I don't want you to know because you seem uncomfortable about the whole ordeal... I'm the one who's making this a mess, not you..." He let go of her hands awkwardly, a deep blush settling on his cheeks. He didn't know what else to say to convince her; it wasn't a mess because she was bad at helping, it was a mess because Adrian couldn't keep his own feelings to himself.

Natasha continued was silent a few moments, her eyes avoiding his gaze even as he turned her toward him. "Dammit..." She said as her head tilted downward. "It's how you speak." She lifted her head a little, and for a second her eyes avoided his gaze. But the did eventually turn, locking onto his. "No matter what you're talking about you have such a defeated or careful tone." For a few moments she simply stood staring for a few moments, but suddenly she turned, beginning to walk again. "I'm not uncomfortable... well.. maybe a little..." She simply shook her head, running a hand through her hair. "I've never talked to anyone like you before. It's like you're afraid of being happy. Like you've never known what it's like to stand for even a second, so you simply lay on the ground." She took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she continued forward. "No one ever changes unless they let themselves. I can't make you change, I can't make you happy. That is only something you can do. I can only help." She turned her head, to make sure he was following along. "But as long as you want my help." She stopped, staring back at him, her eyes were wet with what could easily turn to tears. She appeared to have no more to say, but she held out her hand lightly, hoping for him to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.