Unfortunate Consequences (MiNaGi & Shyblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I do want your help. It's just... it's been hard in the last few years... I've gotten hurt a lot and my body never really recovered again after I... I..." He shook with the memory and wiped away the tears that were forming in his eyes. He refused to cry in front of her again, and not because of this. "I'm careful because last time I said something without thinking, I was beaten up, or left alone. I just have to be so careful because people leave me when I say stuff that isn't right..." He fell to his knees, even if he was supposed to follow her. It was just so tiring. It had always been tiring, completely exhausting. He'd just wanted to feel loved. Feel accepted. He had been knocked over, beaten up, betrayed and raped, and yet here he was, still alive but broken so badly that the pieces couldn't be picked up and put together again, crushed to mere dust. "I want your help... you've done so much for me, so much more than everyone else... but I don't know what to do... my heart feels broken and I don't know what to do... I want to be happy but I don't even know what "happy" is supposed to be anymore..." When he saw her hand, he sat still and stared at it, before reaching his hand out to take it. Just as he was about to make contact with her hand, his body froze and he stared at her with tears in his eyes.

When she noticed his body freeze her hand shot out, making the connection and pulling herself inward, down to his level, wrapping her arms around Adrian's waist. She buried her face into his shoulder, her hands on his back were open, and lightly clawing as if doing so could possibly bring him closer than he already was. "I know it's hard Adrian..." She whispered with wavering tone, on the edge of breaking down again. "But you have to let go of your pain. I know you've lived with it so long... that the idea of letting it go might be scarier than the concept of being happy. But you keep letting the past consume you." She fell silent, not seeming to have any more words of wisdom. Her arms still clung to him, almost as if she feared letting go would have her sink into the concrete below, never to be seen again, desperately holding onto a life.

He held onto her for a while, burying his face in her shoulder. He started sobbing softly again, clinging onto her body. He looked up at her with wide eyes. "I'm sorry... I want so badly to be happy... I just... I don't know what to do... I wake up in pain every day... I have nightmares every other night... I just want to be with you so badly... and all I can do is hope that doing such will make me happy eventually..." He spoke in a weak, broken voice as he looked at the ground, holding her even tighter. For a moment he stayed like that before he looked up at her, a slight blush forming on his cheeks. "I really like you. I haven't liked anyone like this before so I don't really know anything about it... but well... I know I don't just feel like being friends... but I don't know... I just want to spend more time with you, get to know you better, and I want to hold your hand and other things... and I just..." He trailed off, having never confessed to anyone before. He looked away as the blush on his cheeks became heavier, hiding it slightly with his hair. "That's why... I thought that if anyone could make me happy, it would be you, and only you... and... I-I'm sorry this is so sudden..."

Her eyes were turned away as she pulled back so she was just kneeling on the ground, only an inch separating her knees from his position on the concrete. "You know, I wonder about that sometimes. Is our happiness really tied to another's?" Her head turned away a little more. "Being with me won't make you happy, not truly happy anyway." She shifted her position until her feet were flat on the ground and her knees were pulled up to her chest, wrapping her arms around it she began to bury her face in them, speaking muffled words into them. "I don't think anyone is truly happy anymore, cause being truly happy requires us to like ourselves. But does anyone really like themselves? Pressures of society telling us we're imperfect all the time, all we can see are those imperfections, the things others dislike. Maybe once we saw ourselves in a decent light, but as we live we begin to perceive ourselves as unfit for the world." She lifted her face from her legs and placed her chin on top of her knees. She wore a somber smile, her eyes were still cast sideways, tears playing precariously close to the edges. "I'm sorry, that's probably weird to say... but I needed to give you context for what I'm going to say." Her one arm let her legs free, it extended toward Adrian, gingerly taking his hand. "I'm not happy, can't make myself happy. I don't think I can make you happy. How can I?" The tears jumped, rolling down her cheeks. But her smile grew a little bit, as she began to giggle a little bit. "I mean... I'm scared to try... if you don't become happy, that'll just make me feel worse... Selfish right? That I'm scared to help someone because it might inconvenience me?" Though she smiled and laughed her eyes continued to stare off to the side.

He sat on the ground, eventually shaking his head just slightly. Well, he did agree with what she was saying. He stroked her hair and scooted closer to her, looking at her with a small smile. "You know, for whatever reason that might be true. Society is ragging down on us, knocking us underground and making us feel like worthless and undesirable. That might just be true. We hate ourselves, and can't bring our hearts closer to each other because we're too busy hating ourselves..." When she took his hand, he kissed it softly as he looked over at her. He smiled and stroked her cheek to get her tears to stop falling. He kept whispering soothing words as he moved closer to her, eventually pressing his lips to her cheek. He grabbed her hand and held it in his own, as if assuring her of something. "You might think so. But isn't it easier for two to heal the heart? I really like you... despite what you might or might not be like.. I like the way you are, you helped me out when no one else would... that's why... that's why I fell for you, I know that, despite your words, you have a kind, caring heart... and that's all that matters to me. That's enough for me to give it a chance in this world." He closed his eyes as he kissed her cheek again, as if asking for permission to kiss her lips. He didn't want to do it and run away like last time, instead taking it slow. The fact that she was smiling, even for such a reason, made him return the smile as he leaned forward to nuzzle her nose. "If I can't become happy, then that's it... but if neither of us try, it's never going to work, right? So please just... stay with me, okay?"

She giggled a little more and lifted her free hand to wipe away the tears. "I already told you I wasn't going to go anywhere. I'm by your side... But I don't know if I can be more than that... not yet at least." As he leaned in and began to nuzzle against her, she closed her eyes and let out a short soft breath. Her hand lifted away from her face, finding itself to the back of his neck, it hung their for a moment before her hands began to run through Adrian's hair. "I'm sorry to ask. But can you wait for my heart to be ready?"

He smiled a little as he leaned forward, pecking her lips. It was short and gentle and was only as if to confirm what she was saying. He hugged her tightly as he nodded slowly. "Just needed to have that." He said a bit teasingly referring to the kiss before he turned serious. "I know, and I'll wait for you... it's not like I'm going to jump you out of nowhere, so no need to rush yourself..." He kissed her forehead gently before pulling a little away from her, holding her hands in his own as he looked at her. He was meaning to say that there was no rush, and that she could take all the damned time she wanted. Not like Adrian had anything better to do, anyways.

She was turned her head downward, her long hair draping in front of her face like a curtain. "Thank you Adrian." she let out a breath and lifted her head, flipping her hair out of her face. Her eyes remained closed for a few moments as she took in and exhaled a single deep breath. Seemingly all she needed to compose herself. There were no more tears falling. She closed her eyes again for a single moment before sighing. "Alright. We should probably not be sitting on the sidewalk."

He agreed with that as he slowly got up, taking her hand. "So... where do you want to go now?" He asked with a small smile. It was incredible, how far they'd gone in such a short amount of time. But he didn't mind it at all. It made him feel calm and for once, like he trusted another human to the point of being able to confess his feelings to them. He looked down at her with a kind expression. He didn't want her to feel like there was a rush, because there was nothing like it. Just a gentle feeling of affection remained in heart, and that was all he wanted to share for now.

Natasha took in a deep breath before standing up. "I'm not sure. I really need to get out of these clothes though... It's been like... three days." Her head was tilted downward, looking herself over, how her clothes were in complete disarray. "And you never did get to eat that food I cooked." She looked up with a weak smile, tilting her head slightly. "Unless you've got some other idea...?"

"Nah, let's.. let's do that." he said with a smile as he looked at her. He took her hand in his own and let her lead the way. He'd like to taste her food, of course she would. "Can I borrow something to wear from you or do I have to stop by my house before we go to your place?" he asked smiling shyly. He hadn't changed clothes either in a while, though he really wanted to.

Natasha was silent for a few moments before looking Adrian's body up and down. "Well... I think I've got some clothes that would be the right size..." Her voice trailed off as she raised her index finger and thumb to her chin, tilting her head quizzically for a moment. "But if it doesn't bother you I'd be interested in seeing your house." She straightened herself, placing her hands behind her back and looking at him with a smile, twisting her body a little to try and appear as cute as possible. Her head was straight but her eyes were looking upward and her smile was small and innocent.

He sighed and nodded slightly. "I understand. We'll go to my house. But don't freak out too much, okay?" He said as he took her to the car. They drove to Adrian's house which was not a house but rather a mansion. It looked like something taken directly from the 19th century, with figures in front of the door and a large gate into the garden. He pushed the gate open and sighed. "I just... it's a family mansion." He said softly as he opened the door and walked inside. He went directly to the third floor that was his room.

Natasha entered with Adrian but didn't follow him up. She looked for a little bit, before taking her shoes off and beginning to wander around the main floor. She wasn't freaking out, she rarely did. Most of the time she had a calm and collected manner to her. She began to walk clock wise around the house, looking over every room in great detail. It seemed as if she was burning the place into her memory. But she wasn't only looking at the rooms and furniture, she was keeping an eye out for the maid that Adrian had mentioned.

The maid in question was named Celine. She was currently washing the cups in the mini bar(except instead of alcohol, there were sweet drinks and juice because no one drank alcohol). She was a tall woman, almost a head taller than Adrian, with gracefully accented curves. She was dressed in a work outfit; a pair of black pants, a black vest and a white button shirt. Her quite big cleavage was firmly held by the vest and her long, black hair cascaded down her back. She had the same bright red eyes as Adrian did, and a mark similar to what Adrian had on his eye was visible just below her hairline, diving beneath the shirt to her shoulder.
Adrian stayed upstairs packing some things and such. He didn't really know what he should bring but he just took the stuff he wanted.

When she noticed the maid she froze in her place. She simply watched for a few moments before jamming her hands into the pockets of her ankle length duster and walking forward. She didn't know what to say so instead she just sat down at a stool at the counter. Looking at the drinks up on the shelves while giving glances at the maid. Trying to guess what sort of person she was, and though Natasha would never admit it she was a little jealous of the woman's figure. It occurred to Natasha that this girl had no idea who she was. But also Adrian hadn't been at home surely there would be some questions, especially since she had come in in such a calm demeanor.

Celine didn't really pay attention at first. Adrian could do whatever he wanted, and who he did or didn't bring home wasn't her business. Besides, Natasha didn't really look like a troublemaker. So she just calmly continued washing the glasses while humming just slightly. She didn't really care what was going on with Adrian, unless he was getting hurt. She didn't want him to see her as his mother, because despite their similar looks, Celine was young enough to be his sister. She set the glasses down as she sweeped her hair over her left shoulder, looking at Natasha. "Adrian's friend?" She simply asked, without a hint of emotion in her voice. She was really just curious.

Natasha simply leaned forward placing bother her hands on the edge of the counter. Gazing silently at the clean appearance and calm demeanor of the maid. She eventually sighed, laying one arm on the counter, laying her head on top of it and placing her other arm atop her head. "Not exactly..." She said flatly in response, turning her head so she wasn't speaking into her sleeve. "Could you tell me about yourself?" The downward inflection in her voice made it clear she had something on her mind other than the huge house and bosomy maid.

Celine raised her eyebrow and shrugged. "I suppose it couldn't hurt. My name is Celine Davenport, I'm 22 years old and my family had served the Martin family for generations. There's not really much to it. I'm Adrian's legal guardian because he has no parents and I'm the closest he has to a relative." She seemed to not pay attention much as she spoke, not really knowing if Natasha was even interested in her. She was wondering if this girl possibly liked Adrian. Well, she sure seemed like someone Adrian would go and fall for. Celine seemed to recall some memories at Adrian's taste in women and smiled just slightly. Stupid, wasn't it? They probably shouldn't have gone there. But it happened, and never did Celine or Adrian mention anything of it again. It just wasn't to be talked about. "If you're not his friend, then what are you?" She asked curiously.

"I'm his object of infatuation." Natasha replied solomly. "And I'm not even completely sure what he is to me..." She lifted her arm off the top of her head, revealing her face, which wore a pained expression, it looked as if she was on the verge of tears. But still she took in a deep breath, and with her now free hand she began to straighten her hair. Her eyes raised, noting the slight smile on Celine's lips. "I'm Natasha by the way..." She said in a defeated sigh, turning her eyes down onto the counter. "Do you like you job Celine?"

Status
Not open for further replies.