Unfortunate Catastrophes.

June turned to her comrade, suddenly very confused as she read his lips. Sorry. Sorry? Sorry for what? Was there something she had missed? Why did he look like he was going to cry? Wh- June's eyes widened. She thought back to what he had told her yesterday. They were being dragged to their death, weren't they? June made a couple last ditch attempts. Thrashing, kicking, elbowing, whatever she was physically capable of. Fucking hell. She was not dying today. Not without a fight.

"What? The next right? Scully, there is no fucking right-- Jesus fuck, this girl will not give it up. Hey, hey! Can I knock her out?" The man hushed, whispering furiously into his headset. June, for obvious reasons, did not stop writhing and struggling under his grip.

"Oi. Pierre. Quite crying--your future girlfriend is right next to you." The woman who was holding June's comrade murmured into his ear, grinning. She turned to June and tapped her shoulder, tipping her tinted sunglasses down with a wink. It took her a moment, but June recognized her as the woman from last night.

Was this a rescue? Was she on their side? What about the man who held her back? Was he on their side too?

Peter blinks as he hears his name. His other name, anyway. But how had the guard known he was - ?

His eyes go wide as he glances up at Savvy. All at once, he heaves a deep sigh and almost collapses. He should've recognized her and Octavius' voices at once. "Holy . . . you two have no idea how happy I am to see you right now," he gasps out.

With the threat of imminent death evaporated, things no longer look so hopeless. Peter stops struggling and waves to get June's attention.

F r i e n d s. he signs with a smile. He wipes his teary eyes with his shoulder and follows behind the pair willingly now, adding his own keen eyesight to the search for the exit. Then he catches a glimpse of a familiar door.

"Psst. Octavius. They dragged us down like one flight of stairs. Take that hallway and we'll be at the exit," Peter whispers, nodding toward the door with his head. Half of him wonders if the whole scene isn't a dream. After all, if anyone would be willing to save him from the bloody collars' clutches, it would be the Ravens. But it has to be real. Peter's head is pounding too hard to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
Scully, the sheepish young boy stationed in the camera room shook his head as he listened to their antics. "Wait, no, Octopus. There's a guard around that corner! Turn back!." He warns, zooming in on the camera footage of the surrounding hallways. Shit, shit, shit. None of them knew where the hell the execution room would be, or how they even perform executions, so if they were headed in the wrong direction, something would certainly look fucky.

June suddenly felt a newfound appreciation for her lungs breathing in air and feeling ground beneath her feet, even though currently, her feet hung a foot off the ground, she was still beyond relieved. A real gestapo guard, however, rounded the corner as they turned. June acted as though she was still struggling under her rescuer's grip, just to put on a show. It would be little strange if someone were calm as a cucumber while being dragged to their death. Either that, or depressing.

The guard paused. She could hear the heartbeat of the man that held her up pulsate. Hers did the same.

"If they give you too much of a fight, you could always put them in the torture room. I hear it's easier than holding them down for the syringe. And more entertaining." He told them nonchalantly. June felt like she would vomit. Hearing him speak of such atrocities with such apathy and almost amusement was absolutely nauseating.

"This thing?" He said, lifting June up a bit. She responded with a confused look. "Give me trouble? She's barely the size of a rag doll. Just get it over with, you know?" He said. The gestapo laughed and took off. Once he was a safe distance away, the man holding her sighed heavily, and June knew this because she could feel his chest heave.

"I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. Sorry about that gal. I mean no disrespect, I just--"

"Hush! Come on, let's go." Savvy hissed.

Peter's blood runs cold as he comes nearly face-to-face with a real gestapo, despite the fresh outdoor air running into his lungs. There's no mistaking the cold sneer, the confident posture, the disregard for anyone not in uniform. Peter's sure his heart is going to jump out of his chest. He, too, puts on a struggle, but even if he was trying to escape, it would be no contest with Savvy. He's stuck.

The gestapo leaves again and he collapses in relief, glancing up at Octavius with a lopsided grin. "Hey. Octopus. Don't worry about it. You're dragging our sorry butts out alive, and that's the important thing." He clears his throat and squirms a bit again. "Uh, you can put me down now, Savvy. We're almost in the clear. What's the plan from this point? I assume you all have one?"

Peter finds himself in a strange emotional limbo. He's amazed that the Ravens are here rescuing him and the girl, relieved at being free, and still completely confused as to what's going on.

(Sorry this one's so short, Peter can't do much being stuck in Savvy's arms XD I'll be bringing in another character soon, I'm thinking maybe the next night after things calm down?)

(Yeah, go ahead. Tell me about them in the PMs.)

"Oh yeah." The woman said suddenly, letting him down. Her male rescuer repeated the gesture, grabbing her shoulders as June wobbled a little. "Geez, Pierre. You sure you didn't pick up a bowl of salad jelly?" He asked, chuckling. June simply walked forward, shoving the heavy metal door to the outside open. Even the putrid stench of the air smelled fresh in comparison to the one inside.

"Octavious, run!" Scully shot through the headset. He did just that, throwing the girl over his shoulder as the female rescuer did the same, grabbing her comrade's arm and booking it to the van. Behind them, a swarm of Gestapo yelling orders shot out of the building. "Plan? Well, the rest of the Ravens took out the gestapo guards in a nasty sneak attack. Don't worry, no one died. They're already in vans riding home. We're running to that van and going around the back to pick up Scully." She explained in a hurry.

"Open fire!" One barked. The other pair made it in first, while the male handed over June to the other female. June saw him struggle to climb into the van, yell, and then noticed a pool of blood on his waist. June covered her mouth. He had been shot.

"Holy fuck, Octavious! Dude! Can you hear me? Octavious, it's gonna be okay, okay? Hang in there, dude, hey--no, don't close your eyes, stay with me. Octopus, hey! Come on dude." Savvy yelled, a little bit in hysterics. June simply stared, wide eyed at the blood that spread as the man clutched his side.

"I'm fine. I- Savvy, Pierre. chill. It's ju- just a bullet wound. Nurse can fix me up in a minute. Just a scratch. Nothing to get your panties in a twist." He managed to say, coughing up a little bit of blood.

Last edited:
(Octopus, nooooo! D: )

Peter chuckles, though he keeps a close eye on June to make sure she can hold her weight. He whips around as the gestapo run out of the building. If he'd been listening to Savvy before, he wasn't now. He bolts for the van, checking over his shoulder every few seconds to make sure everyone else gets in as well.

Then a gunshot rings out. Peter stares wide-eyed as Octavius stumbles into the van with blood pooling around him. He instinctively reaches out and helps pull him inside, and then looks the wound over to see just how bad it is. "Octavius? You sure you going to be okay?" he asks.

He desperately hopes he is. But between the dark of night and the chaos of the situation, it's hard to figure out just how bad the wound might be. Peter grits his teeth and glances around. "Does anyone know where Skully is? Tell me he's not still in that hell-hole. Tell me he's not. We need to get out of here, now."

Even as he talks, he reaches for the first-aid kit inside the van. Then he huffs and pulls Octavius' shirt up to get a better look. "If it ain't that bad, Octopus, I'm at least going to take a look. Don't need you passing out from lead poisoning," he mutters.

Octavius and Savvy share a knowing look and the female rubs the nape of her neck. "Don't worry, Pierre. We're gonna pop open the door and he'll jump right in. It'll be fine, I swear. Raven's honor." She reassures.

"Stop, you perv," Octavius protests jokingly, pulling down back his shirt. "Look, kid. I'll be fine, we'll just let nurse remove the bullet when we get home. There's guns and ammo in the front seat if they catch up somehow. I ain't no pussy. I can handle one tiny bullet. What, you think a scrap of metal can knock me out?" He joked, pushing away the first aid kit. Savvy simply shook her head as the driver chuckled at the entire exchange. June could not hear what was happening, but she got a general picture from what she could see.

<Blood loss. You stupid.>

She signed furiously, not finger-spelling a word. In the back of her mind somewhere, she knew none of them could understand her, but that didn't matter. This idiot of a man would die of blood loss before he let down his pride. Before either could react, she grabbed the first aid kit and fished out the bandage roll, lifting the man's shirt once more, this time all the way over his head. He looked more surprised than anything. First, she tore a bit of fabric from her dress and soaked it in rubbing alcohol, dabbing away whatever blood she could. She began wrapping the bandages around his waist, tugging tight to make sure none could spill. Before she could pull away, the door to the front seat of the van tore open and Scully popped in, heaving for his life as the driver sped into the surrounding forest.

"Holy hell." He breathed, clutching the fabric over his heart.

"Octavius, I really think you should - " Peter starts, biting his lower lip. He's interrupted by Octavius shoving his hands and the first-aid kit aside. Peter's not sure what, but he can tell something is definitely wrong. Before he can protest again, though, June shoves between everyone and sets to work patching Octavius up.

Peter sighs in relief and smiles. "Relax, Octopus. She knows what she's doing. Now let her help you so you don't die." He jumps and nearly topples over backwards when Scully yanks the van door open and bursts inside. Then his smile widens. "Scully, you're okay! You're not hurt, are you? Octopus took a hit, but the rest of us are fine."

He settles back in one of the van seats as the gang escapes into the forest. From there, he spends his time glancing between Octavius and the surrounding trees towering over the vehicle. He won't say it out loud, but he's terrified that Octavius might not make it. Still, if anyone can help him, it's June or the gang's nurse, Clara.

"Oh yeah, I'm good. Being a small, fast target and all, they couldn't land a scratch on me!" Scully announced proudly, aiming a haughty thumb at himself. June turned her head as she heard the door slam, or well, felt the vibrations of it. "Good to hear most of you are in one piece. Octopus, you better not die on me." He said, turning to the back.

"Geez, when did I raise a bunch of wussies?" Octopus teases.

"Oh, huh, that the new girl? She's uh.. awfully small, don't you think? Looks squishy too." Scully mumbles. June could only catch small, which he said while sustaining eye contact with her, which irked her. She grabbed the bandage roll and chucked it at the boy indignantly, which earned a hearty laugh from Octopus and a giggle from Savvy.

"She's got a point. You're pretty shrimpy yourself, lil' dude." Octopus says. Scully mumbles his discontent at the retort and tossed back the bandage roll, while June cocked a small smile. What a nice bunch of people. Maybe she would stick around for a bit.

"We're not wusses, Octavius. We're just worried about you. There's a difference," Peter says with a smirk. Still, he relaxes and leans back against the seat with a heavy sigh. Octavius can't be too bad off. Not when he's cracking jokes and roasting other gang members.

At last, the van pulls to a stop inside what looks like an old warehouse. The building's actually fairly stable, but it's been designed to look like the crumbling ruin it was when the gang found it. It's actually a ruse for their real hiding place. The van is driven into a rusted looking trailer and locked inside once everyone's out. Then Peter heads for a pile of wooden boxes.

"If you're going to be a Raven," he tells June, "You better swear absolute secrecy as to where our hideout is. You promise?" He speaks clearly and enenciates, making sure June can read his lips. "Once you promise, we can get Octopus to the nurse inside before he dies of dysentery or something."

Actually, "downstairs" would have been a better term. The gang's hideout is located in a series of caverns and tunnels that used to be the beginnings of a mine before it was shut down. They've added extra precautions, tunnels, and elevators for safety, but so far, the old mining elevator's been working fine.

Much to his protest, Scully and Savvy helped Octavious out of the car, his arms swung around the pair as they struggled to hold him upright. He was a big man, tall, not quite lanky but not quite stout, pretty burly in comparison to June. As everyone was unloaded from the van, June paused to look at the shady-looking warehouse, then to her comrade-not-even-sure-anymore-comrade who was kicking aside boxes.

She read his lips with an alarmed look in her eyes, entirely perplexed with the situation. Honestly, what had she been expecting? Them to drop her home with a chirpy farewell, and that be the end of it? She had seen them kill a man for Christ's sake. Of course she would be sworn into the group, held to secrecy. A chill ran down her spine as she thought of the admission ceremony. Jumping? Murder? She had even heard of gangs raping in their members. No, no, no. They would never do such a thing. She was simply getting carried away. After all, her comrade had tried to rescue her, and when he failed, gave her his jacket to sleep with through the cold of the night.

Solemnly, she gave her comrade a nod. She held out her pinky for him to shake. A pinky promise. Not exactly a formal gesture, but the most she could produce in this state. She wasn't even sure if he knew she was deaf. They shook pinkies.

He continued to shove aside boxes. A hatch that could be disguised as a wine cellar was revealed, and the driver, Joe, jogged over to unlock the door. They all shuffled single file down the dark stairwell, June a little more than alarmed at this point. She squeaked when her hand was caught in a spider web.

Peter had been at ease and smiling at first, but when he catches June's alarmed expression, his smile fades slightly and he reaches out a hand to her shoulder. "Hey. Hey, listen to me," he says as he locks pinkies and eyes with her. "No one's going to hurt you here. You're a Raven, and we look out for each other. We're not like other gangs," he adds softly.

He follows the rest of the gang slowly down the stairs, tensing with each step. Of course, if he hadn't been working as a double agent in the first place, none of this would have happened. He grits his teeth and rubs the back of his neck, turning on one of the old hanging lantern lights as he passes by it. If he's going to tell the Ravens, he'd better tell them sooner than later. It'll be worse if they find out from someone else.

"Guys?" Peter asks hoarsely as the group steps into the heavy metal elevator. He pulls in a breath and walks in after them, wincing as the elevator rattles and starts to descend. Then he drops his gaze. "I, uh . . . I need to tell you something. My name's not Pierre," he mumbles.

That alone should be enough to tip the Ravens off that he's a spy. If it's not, the worst part of the moment is yet to come. Peter will have to tell them what he's really been doing, and that it almost cost the gang their leader. Things might not end well after that.

He swallows and tries to wrap his hand around June's, instinctively seeking comfort in the person closest to him in the elevator. The underground shadows conceal some of his features, but it's easy to tell he's shaking, and his mouth has run dry.

This boy never ceased to amaze her. His hands were calloused and rough, but gentle in her grip, almost as though if he wasn't careful enough, she would shatter. It amused the fear away. She could only catch bits, but what he could catch was enough to tell her she wasn't about to be tied up and left for the rats, but rather, that she was in safe hands. Ish. She boarded the cramped elevator with slightly more confidence than she had five minutes ago.

"Are you coming out to us or something? Should we switch pronouns, then? What's your name? Pierrette?? Is that even a name? Oh well, it's no biggie. We accept you as a boy or girl, dude. Er- dudette." Scully chimed, giving him a reassuring pat on the back. Octavious gave him a hard smack on the head and a slight giggle from Savvy.

"He ain't trans, you fuckin' onion. He would've told us by now. Right?" He asked quickly for conformation.

"But if not, then what do you mean?" Scully asked, rubbing his head from the blow. It wasn't exactly a normal announcement to make.

"You can tell us anything, dude. I promise." Savvy piped in.

June, not listening or paying enough attention to her counterparts to lipread, was instead staring absentmindedly at the chips in the patterns lining the elevator doors, the cracks in the few of the buttons, the dull lighting that they emitted. Her trace was broken by a slight nudge at her hand from her comrade, who intertwined his fingers with hers the way a baby would reach for their mother, screaming and crying, when they wanted to be held. June didn't have ears to rely on. Her hands were her window to the world. They were her ears, her eyes, her tongue, they were what brushed her nose when she smelled the faint scent of tattoo ink. And when she could see so very clearly now was a boy looking for a little bit of comfort. She could feel his fingers trembling against her knuckles, the slight clamminess of his palm when it pressed against hers. She gave him a patient smile.

<I t s . . . o k a y> She spelled into his hand. Sure, she didn't quite exactly know what was happening, but she it was what she could offer.

Last edited:
Peter can't help but chuckle at the gang's first guess. It's comforting to know if anyone ever did come out in this gang, they'd be completely accepted. But what he's going to tell them is a lot more shocking. "No, it's nothing like that. I . . . I, um . . ."

He pulls in a shaky breath and locks eyes with June, briefly giving her a thin smile to thank her for her comfort. Then he glances back to the gang before hanging his head and roughly shoving a hand through his hair. "My name's Peter Menlow. I was a double agent for the Vipers. I am so, so sorry," he mumbles hoarsely.

Peter rubs his arm as he shrinks back against the elevator wall, eyes brimming with tears. "I never meant for anyone to get hurt. I - I thought the Ravens were just like the Vipers, so at first I didn't care, but I . . . Octavius, I'm so sorry. This whole mess is my fault."

In Peter's mind, he's sure the Vipers had sent the gestapo after the Ravens once they knew everything they wanted. And since Peter had extra information, he suspected they wanted him, dead, too. So will the Ravens now that they know the truth. He hugs his arms and braces himself for the slew of outbursts that the gang is bound to have.

As he continued his explanation, the doors of the elevator opened, and remained open. The air in the cramped space thickened, almost choking June with the tense atmosphere, despite her confusion at the conversation at hand. She knew not to interrupt, the grim looks on their faces told them that much. As he backed up with a thud to the elevator's back wall, he pulled June back with him, whose only response was to give him a concerned glace and give his hand a small squeeze. She would question him about it later.

Octavious rubbed the nape of his neck as he glanced to his subordinates, Savvy and Scully, all sharing vaguely knowing looks. "Yeah. We kind of hunch. We just didn't think our suspicions would be right." Savvy said, breaking the silence. She ran her free hand through her hair and sighed.

"Come on, dude, get it out. It's okay." Scully said, rubbing his back as tears spilled from Peter's eyes.

"Well, no, it's not okay. Pier-- Peter. I would trust you with my life, kid. You're a Raven, inside and out, and we all love you. But that doesn't change the fact that you started out as a spy, no matter how you feel about us now. There is some conviction in the fact that you told us this yourself, rather than us finding out by some third party. But the offense stands. We'll need to tell the rest of the gang and reach a proper verdict on how we're going to deal with this. Come on. We better get going." Octavious said, his voice rigid. What you would expect from the leader of the Ravens--righteous and just.

They shuffled down the mine shaft in silence. Savvy had pulled out her smart phone flashlight to illuminate the path. After a good seven minutes of confusing twists and turns, they had reached a dead end. Well, that was what June thought, before her comrade went to pull open a second secret hatch door on the floor, which then led to another stairwell, until they came upon a door, wooden and paint-chipped. She supposed their intricate planning in hiding their hideout was justified, it was a hideout after all.

"Yes, sir," Peter mumbles. He straightens his shoulders, but they slouch again as the group gets closer to the rest of the gang. Even the warm lights hanging near the secret entrance don't make him feel at home like they usually do. He grits his teeth and roughly wipes the tears from his eyes. Whatever punishment they decide on, it'll be what he deserves. He's betrayed the closest thing to family he's ever had, most likely for the last time.

He can't bring himself to look anyone in the eyes. Instead, he loosely signs into June's hand before pulling his away. <S t a y w i t h S a v v y. S h e ' s n i c e,> he explains, pointing to Savvy so June will know who she is. Then he walks at a distance from the group as they head into the hideout. Any further attempt from June to move closer is met with another step away or a numb push. Several other gang members greet the group as they walk in; Peter ignores them all.

He sighs softly and keeps his head low. All at once, he can smell the familiar stench of the underground jail cell. Then there's Cobra's sharp voice ringing in his ear - his leader. Cobra's voice was always sharp. Peter shudders and slows to a stop near the center of the meeting room, eyes glossed over. He's in deep trouble. Most of the time his punishments from Cobra hadn't been his fault; he'd been blamed for someone else's error or circumstance. But this time blood was on his hands. And it was entirely his fault.

Peter stands frozen in the center of the room, eyes staring blankly at a wall as the Ravens' voices fade into the background. At least this time will be different. The Ravens have always been different from the Vipers. This time, the punishment is bound to be over quickly. But that's what Peter's afraid of.

(Holy cow Peter is messed up in the head XD It's just like, "Someone's mad? Welp, I must be about to die.")

Last edited:
June was greeted by a swarm of people of all different shapes, sizes and colors. They seemed to have been more relieved than anything, probably thanking their lucky stars that their comrades made it out of that prison alive and in one piece. The girl by the name Savvy, as her comrade has pointed out, ushered June to the infirmary along with Octavious. Punishment or not, Octavious had a bullet lodged in his side--he needed medical attention. It wouldn't make much sense for June to stay and watch the trial, so Savvy decided to have her keep Octopus some company.

unfortnate.jpg

"I'm Savvy. You should stay here and keep him company. His name is Octavious, but we call him Octopus." Savvy signed with the mark of a native signer, pointing at the burly man currently strapped to a medical bed with a nurse prodding and poking him. June staggered a little. She knew ASL?? This was a development she was not expecting. "Oh, and Scully, the short kid, found your purse back in the prison. It's currently in the van. We can pick it up after this."

"T-thank you?? You know I'm deaf?"
June replied, still a little discombobulated.

"Oh yeah. I figured it out when you first started stomping. I've understood what you've been saying this WHOLE time."
A cheeky smile. "Peter's in a bit of trouble. I have to go know, but I promise we'll explain everything in a bit." Savvy signed hurriedly, some words coming out rushed and sloppy. As she left, June waved goodbye, a bright smile on her face. It wasn't everyday she met a fluent signer.

Even so, as June sat down across from Octavious-Octopus, she couldn't help but dwindle on the fact that these were illegal gang members. These people committed murders, sold drugs, some were probably prostitutes or escorts--and yet? They were such nice people. The juxtaposition confused June to her wits end. They needed help. This is illegal. She needed to tell some one. Anyone. No, no, calling the police now would be too hasty. That's right, she would stay and-- and gather information. Evidence. She would call the police and send them to a safe, law-abiding prison where they could be rehabilitated. Yes, she would do just that.

(Awwwwww, cute picture!! ^^ )

"Of course he's got a bullet lodged in his side. Asshole," one of the other gangsters, Booker, snaps. "And I get to deal with the upstart." He's got a short Mohawk dyed purple, along with a lip piercing, black cargo shorts, and a tattooed left leg. He usually acts as Octavius' second in command or the muscles of whatever operation happens to be in progress. But with a wounded leader and a traitor to deal with, even he can tell he's in over his head.

Booker sighs and stomps toward Savvy as she approaches him from the other end of the hall. "Sav. Round up the gang. Let's get this trial over with." Despite his behavior, he cares deeply about Peter and the rest of the gang. But he's got more experience than anyone hiding his feelings.

He clenches his fists and heads for the meeting room, shooting a steely glare towards Peter as he strides in. He almost falters. The teen looks like he's seen a ghost. It's almost as if Peter doesn't realize he's there. Still, Booker's got a job to do, and he only snarls and heads for the front of the room.

As the rest of the gang files in, Booker takes Octavius' spot in the large cushioned chair. "Okay, we all know what this is about. Who's got suggestions for what to do with this kid?" In any other instance, Booker would've used a harsher word. But after seeing Peter's expression, he finds himself softening a little. He's already decided in the back of his mind that a death sentence is out of the question.

Peter remains deathly still in the center of the room. He hasn't even realized the trail is started. Someone's talking, he's sure of that, but he can't tell who or what they're saying. Everything's a blur. He wobbles and staggers, almost falling over once or twice as he tries to focus back on reality.

Last edited:
Savvy proceeds to round everyone into the meeting hall upon Booker's command. The tension in the room is enough to make her near pass out. Even so, Peter looked like an absolute train wreck. Trembling, staggering, she could've mistaken him for an inflatable tube man standing outside Autoparts. It was as though the entire room collectively felt bad for the kid. For any other gang, it would be brutal beating, similar to that of jumping in a member--keeping him in the gang itself would've been out of the question. But this isn't 'any other gang' and this isn't 'any other kid'. This is the Ravens and a wobbly kid named Peter.

"We uh.. we could cut his pay for a month?" One chimed in, her voice unsure.

"He could fill in for our escort?"

"A slap on the back of the hand?"

"Can't we just let him go?"

"Maybe murder?"

"Hey wait, he hates murder, doesn't he?" Another said, recalling the fact. Booker was almost amused at the responses, and even more so at Peter's reaction. "Perfect, then. It's decided. The next assassination request will go to Pier-- Peter. Meeting dismissed!" Booker announced, standing up from his spot. "Oh, and I hear we have a new one? Don't overwhelm the thing. If she passes out, I'm taking someone's head." He yelled, making sure everyone heard his empty threat. It earned a few chuckles. Booker brushed himself off before walking over to Peter and throwing an arm around his neck. "You're lucky to have gotten out with just that. Count your blessings, kid." He whispered, giving him a hard pat on the back as he left for the infirmary, not giving Peter a chance to reply.

Dirty work--assassination, prostitution and the like--it tends to fly under the radar in the Ravens. It was much more rare for their gang to take up such jobs, but they were there. No one really liked to do it, but it earned a great deal of money. Those types were usually reserved for a select few members of the Ravens.

Peter jumps and gasps as Booker slaps him on the back, snapping back into reality. "I - wait, what?" he stammers. He blinks and glances around as the entire gang files out again, leaving him in one piece in the middle of the room. He rubs his head and stands still for almost a whole minute before numbly walking towards Savvy. "I - I missed it. What happened? How am I dying?" he asks, eyes flicking back and forth.

Between the emotional strain of betrayal and the physical strain of missing more than one meal while in the underground jail, Peter's too exhausted to show much emotion. He's paler than normal, though, and there's not even a hint of his usual sarcastic tone. He stares at Savvy blankly. Half of him isn't expecting a response.

Near the infirmary, meanwhile, an older man with a well groomed mustache and a three piece suit strides toward Booker with a swing of his cane. This is Carnegie Ruse, one of the Ravens' main sources of income and supplies. "Ah. Booker, my boy," the man says, holding out a strong hand to try and stop Booker mid walk. His voice is raspy from a steady diet of cigars and wine, but it's warm and inviting as well. "I've just got word that one of the fighting dogs is about to litter. Have you any use for a pitbull?" he asks.

It's not uncommon for Carnegie to show up unannounced. In any case, his presence often leads to either job offers, extra funding, or supplies, so most of the gangsters have come to expect and welcome him. The man was born into his money and is excellent at lying undercover despite being a millionaire.