Undercover Operations

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Sure! I love people!" He chuckled sarcastically. "But seriously yeah, I can cope. Besides, they look like some tough nuts." He looked at them.

She nodded. "I just wonder what they'll do in a real combat situation." She found a chair and sat down, her hair falling in front of her face as she put her head in her hands. She hadn't slept in a while, and the little break was doing her good.

( Just got Halo:3, and finished playing it through. Pretty sure I got emotionally scarred a few times, but it was fun. Really fun.)

Shadow and Wolf continued moving from gun to gun, clearly dissatisfied with some and shortly considering others. Shadow would shake her head at what Wold suggested and he would do the same to her. Apparently the base's equipment was very....lacking to the new recruits.

((Ok, so, for some reason I'm no longer getting email notifications for this thread. So sorry I've haven't been posting at all. Give me a little while to reply, I have to get caught up on what I've missed. -_-))

((EDIT))

Walking up to Jay and Scorch inaudibly "So word around the base is we've got two new snipers on the team." Seeing Wolf and Shadow. "And judging by their interest in the sniper rifle layouts over there, I'm guessing that's them?"

"Judging from the way they're looking at those weapons I'd say they know their stuff." He looked down at Jay as she let her head fall in her hands. "You should get some rest squad leader, you culd really use it." He turned his attention to the other member. "Yeah, that's them."

"It wouldn't feel right to leave them." seeing the seriousness on Scorch's face, she looked back at them. "I'll at least wait until they find a good gun they could use. I hope they realize that they're only looking at the base of the gun, because all the parts can be changed. That's what I did with mine. Although I should probably change the scope.." Her mind started to wander, then she glanced back as Jason entered and talked with Scorch."The girl's Shadow, the boy's Wolf." she said to him. "Both snipers the general requested."

Shadow approached one particular black rifle and began to quickly take it apart. She inspected each part closely as Wolf pondered over another gun further down the racks. With a "Hmph" of contentment, she swiftly re-assembled it. Taking a seat on the hard floor, she pulled out her dark combat knife and started scratching deep marks into the base.

Jay watched Shadow carefully, then approached her, kneeling beside her. "Whatcha doing?" She watched the marks she was making carefully.

"Personalizing." Scorch said to Jay. "Just like they tell us in the military, "This is my rifle, there are many others like it, but this one is mine". Gotta make sure everybody else knows it too. I do that to just about everything that's mine. Almost like a dog marking its territory."

Shadow ignored them, only scratching three lines on the left side of the gun. Together they formed a deep 'S' near the end of the base. It was rather small, leaving a lot of room on both sides for future markings. Wolf sat down beside Shadow with a similar gun and began scratching his own mark. His was much more detailed; a wolf leaping forward, paws outstretched, down the barrel of the gun.

(Kind like this- http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2010/115/1/c/Commission__Tribal_Wolf_Tattoo_by_Shinnk.jpg -But facing right and not quite that detailed. Basically just the outline of that)

Jay nodded. "Ok. Well, when your ready to move on, let me know." She gave their guns a last look, then stood, walking over to the rifle accessories aisle, scanning over the scopes.

Scorch pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He then took a drag and put his lighter away. "Huh." He said softly before walking away.

Shadow wrinkled her nose in distaste. She couldn't stand smokers. The fools would die soon enough, so why rush it by poisoning their lungs and the lungs of those around them? Well, to be honest, she didn't care whether they smoked or not. She just hated it when they brought the crap around her.

Jay found a scope she seemed to like. She lowered to her knees and peered through it, scanning the room and testing it.

Scorch pulled out a handheld touch-screen device and started poking the screen. "There.. now when we get that tank I'll be ready to soup it up." He placed the device in specialized holster on his belt then took a final drag then tossed the cigarette after it was only half used.

"That's a good way to burn down the building," Wolf commented, looking up from his marking," You should really put that out."

"Jawohl Commander." He said sarcastically and finished with cheesey salute. He stomped on the cigarette, squishing it and putting it out. "I've got some tanks that need inspecting. I look forward to working with you two, and even though I doubt you'll need it, you've got my fire support. Welcome to Omega." He gave them a nod then walked out.

Jay rolled her eyes as they continued, then put the scope back, taking another out in the process. She peered through this one, aiming outside the window, but she didn't move after a little bit, she just froze, staring at something.

Scorch pulled out his cigarette and placed it between his lips, then pulled out his custom lighter and lit it. He took a drag then put his lighter and pack away, he decided he'd actually finish this one. He blew the smoke out and looked around.

"Are you okay?" Wolf asked innocently, watching Jay.

---------------
Shadow glanced at Jay, then returned her attention to a row of silencers that she was considering for her gun. She would only take the best. Silence was an assassin's comrade in battle.