Undercover Operations

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Hearing Wolf's voice, Jay turned, sitting, leaning against the wall. "Yeah. I just thought I saw someone, guess not. There's no way someone can dissapear into thin air." She rubbed her eyes, then replaced the scope with another, this one with infared.

Scorch peeked his head in. "actually.. That is possible these days, not disappearing but it can appear to be so."

Upon hearing this, Jay fidgeted with the infared scope. She brought it up to her eye and started to scan the area around the building. She didn't see anything out of place, but then again, whoever, or whatever it was, had plenty of time to get away. She shrugged and walked over to the counter, switching her old scope with this new one and placing the new one in her pocket to place on her rifle later.

((Be back tomorrow. I don't like school =P))

(See ya, I liked my school, it allowed me to graduate high school almost two years early xD)

"It's called active camoflage, it hides against IR and just about anything. Only way to force it down is with an EMP device or grenade. Last I heard it's still in its prototype stages, so either some high ranking person has it, it's either a scientist spook, or someone with some really deep ties."

She nodded as she resumed her place in her seat, leaning back.

(When do we get the tank?)

Scorch resumed his smoke outside.

((No idea....You and Shadow can work together on that one =D))

Jay dozed off slightly, her head in her hands, her hair in her face. She made no noise and her face stayed neutral.

( After the drills. The General will probably brief you for your next mission and let the team have the tank. Warning: Next mission will not have the tank in it.)

Shadow returned quietly to her previous seat, her hand resting on her gun. Active camo, huh? She'd run into it once before, at night in a forest full of ghosts. She assumed it had been in it's first stages of development, but it had still been enough to wipe out her entire support team. Only she'd been the one to notice movement where it shouldn't have been, noises that didn't match what she saw. She was positive that this team would share the same fate if a more progressed version was out and about. Only her stealth and her knife had led her to be spared that night.

((Ok.))

Jay stirred for a moment, realizing Shadow had sat down. She unclipped her knife from her belt and started putting small indentions into a small wooden bead that was in her pocket. Each line connected with old and new ones, creating a pattern.

(Why no tank??? ; ____ ;)

Scorch sighed and leaned against the wall. This was the worst part of being in any military, the standing around waiting for something to happen. He hated it, so he pulled out an mp3 player and started listening to heavy metal. He took another drag of his cigarette before tossing what was left of it away.

Realizing it was late afternoon, Jay stood up and turned towards Shadow and Wolf. "Do you all want to continue the tour now, or stay here for a little longer, then head for the barracks and continue tomorrow?" She returned the bead to her pocket and the knife to her belt in the process of speaking.

Wolf tapped expertly on his gun. "Shouldn't we try them out?" He asked, grinning excitedly. Shooting was definitely one of his favortie activities. Shadow nodded silently in agreement.

"Want me to bring you out some ammo?" Scorch offered curtiously.

Jay nodded. "Ok, we'll try the guns out."

"I know a gun I'd like to try out, too bad we don't have it yet." Scorch said sadley, referring to the tank.

Jay shook her head. "I know." She was now behind the counter, looking at some of the ammo.

"What kind of ammo do you have?" Wolf asked curiously, "I'll take whichever bullets go the furthest with the most power. Anything that can take the cap off a target many paces away."

Looking through the ammo, Jay set 3 boxes on the counter, each one was a different lengths. "These are the fastest and the smallest around, but the length differs.

"Well, what do your rifles fire? Answer me that and I'll go find you the best I can find." Scorch folded his arms confidently.

Jay shrugged, then stood up straight. She looked around for a second before walking out from behind the counter, leaving Scorch to finish the search.