Undercover Operations

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Scorch started pulling out ammo boxes of sniper rounds like .50 BMG's and .338 Lapua's.

( It's sucks that I don't know much about guns or ammo. I really only know a bit about handguns)

Shadow turned away, distracted by a red robin that had landed on the window's ledge. It waa very unusual to see one in this season. She silently accepted a box of .338 Lapua's from Wolf, keeping her eye on the bird. It may have seemed like a trivial thing, but such things have allows caught her attention.

(I know a bit about ammo, more about guns. Just ask.)

Scorch nodded and set out several more boxes of .338 Lapua.

Following Shadow's gaze, the red robin coming into view. Jay quietly took a step forward, admiring the bird, basking in the late afternoon rays.

Shadow immediately looked away from the bird, uncomfortable with being surrounded by people she wasn't she could kill without getting hurt first.

(when do we go on the mission? I want a tank ; _ ;)

Scorch stepped outside and played around with his handheld device. He revised his order of armor and new guns for the tank and nodded in satisfaction. He knew once he got the tank he was going to turn it into a behemoth.

( After jay gets rest and stuff while the newbies try out their guns.)

((Ok.))

"So, are you all ready?" She stood, casting a small glance outside. "We've still got a few hours before nightfall."

Shadow stood up, quietly stowing away her bullets within the folds of her loose, black clothes. She starting walking outside, looking for the outside range.

Jay followed Shadow outside, pointing to the left. "Range is that way, shouldn't be too hard to find, and it should be open, considering no one I know on this base sets appointments at this time." She motioned for Wolf to follow when he was ready.

Scorch walked toward the range. "I'm gonna go to the CQC range. See you guys in a bit." He walked down a set of stairs into a pit that was next to the firing range. It looked like a house with it's own courtyard with steel targets that would pop up at random times.

Wolf shrugged happily, following Shadow after Jay. He was boyishly excited when it can to what he loved.

Walking up to the entry door, she unlocked the gate, then pushed it open. "Go on in, I'll watch from the tower." She nodded her head to an observation deck above. "Just don't shoot each other." She winked before heading up the tower, leaving it open for anyone else who wanted to come watch. She turned on the mic, then sat down, watching.

((Will be back tomorrow))

Shadow looked around the range, obviously not impressed by the meager distant targets or booths.

"Not very impressive is it?" Wolf voiced their thoughts aloud, disappointed, "Maybe we should just wait until the drills, after all."

Nearby there was several pistol shots followed by the pinging of metal targets as Scorch did the CQC area. After a few minutes he walked out, his sidearm smoking and the slide was back, out of ammo. "Well, that was fun." He said and poured some water on his barrel. It was extremely hot and the water just sizzled and turned to vapor.

"Really?" Wolf asked, aghast, "You practice with still, metal targets as well!?" He simply couldn't comprehend the idea of wanting to hit metal stands and thinking it was good practice.

Scorch shrugged and holstered his sidearm. "The target doesn't matter, as long as the goal is achieved. Said goal being to hone your skills. Which any target does. Practice makes perfect after all."

Shadow shook her head at Scorch's comment. It wasn't quite on the mark. "Practice doesn't make perfect," Wolf said carefully, remembering those words that had been drilled into his head, "Perfect practice makes perfect. We should play a game of paint ball or something to really exercise those skills."

"And how do you achieve perfect practice? With more practice." He folded his arms. "Depends on the situation. I'm always up for milsim, but paintball? That's not very fun. How about rubber bullets?" He said with a smile on his face.