• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her nap was abruptly interrupted by a ringing sound clanging through the house. Immediately Yanaike shook up and sat upright on the couch. What was that? Where was it coming from? Panicking Yanaike looked around. She jumped from the couch and traced the source of the sound. It came from a machinal machine on a side table in the living room. Yanaike inspected the machine. It consisted of a lot of buttons with numbers on it, and a separate thing, that looked like it was disjointed from the remainder of the machine. Yanaike hesistated for a moment, then took the receiver and placed it against her ear to hear if this was where the sound was coming from.

"Hello, I believe this is Yanaike? It is I, Kadva. I have called this residence to let you know that..." Kadva spoke into the mouthpiece, then paused when he hear Computer begin to speak.

"Sir, I have found a disturbance within a mile of the house Yanaike is residing in. I advise you to alert her, as it seem that it is a police search party."

"If you didn't hear that, a search party has been dispatched, and is sweeping the neighborhood you are in. Run. Save yourself."

Yanaike was rather surprised when she heard a vaguely familiar voice from the other side of the phone. It was Kadva. And he was telling her to run…? Wait… the intruder in his base, had he handled with them already? And how did he even know she was here?
"Are you stalking me?" Yanaike asked indignantly. "And what about that intruder in your base? I bet you have faked that, just to keep me in. O… o… o…" Yanaike shook her head unapprovingly. "And now you're telling me to run? No way! I'm tired… tired of you… tired of your lies… and tired because I haven't slept this night!" Rather calm, Yanaike put the phone back in its place, ending the call. She jumped back on the comfortable couch, quickly falling in a deep sleep again.

"Crap! She thinks I'm stalking her. You silenced the threat, correct?" Kadva asked, begining to worry.

Internally, he knew that he used the intruder as a way to hold her there for just a few more minutes. There was an intruder, but he had plenty of systems in place to take out the threat.

"Yes sir. He is dead. But, what are we to do now?"

"Watch for the search party. They get too close, activate the weaponry in the neighborhood."

It was a rather odd sight. Boris: a detective in his early 40s, calm, confident, dressed in a leather jacket, having a small beard and a cowboy-like hat on top of his head. And then, next to him, Hannah: a news reporter in her early to mid-20s, completely different with her long chocolate brown hair, her bright pink-colored shirt, regular jeans and high beige colored boots. It was even stranger to imagine how those two shared a relationship. Well, they certainly didn't share any love. They just needed each other. He needed a little charm and female attention and she needed a reliable and quick source for her articles in the newspaper.

In Hannah's hand was a line with an oversized bulldog attached to the other end of it. The dog sniffed around at the street, trying to pick up the same scent as which was on the broken phone parts that Boris kept in his fist. Due to budget cuts, this was all they had: a detective, a dog and a news reporter helping him voluntarily. There was no money for extensive search parties. The thief they were looking for was called Yanaike, also known as the uncatchable thief. Everywhere, in every city she appeared, she seemed to challenge the police and they never seemed to be able to catch her. After a while she would then disappear again and move to the next city. Hannah licked her lips thinking about the promotion she could make if she would be the one catching the thief.

The dog started to pull harder on the line and started barking. Hannah was sure he picked up on something as the two of them approached a house with a seemingly forced window.

"Sir, it seems as if the search party is simply two humanoids, one male and one female, and a dog.".

"Then, let's wait and see what happens. I rescind the order to kill them. Watch them, and if they get too close...Ill handle the killing personally." Kadva pointed the long gun that he still held at the door, and began to calibrate it. He'd want full control over every atom the ammo flew over, which required immense electricity for the gun. He sat it down on the floor, and plugged it into an outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.