Twins? I think not...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Teller could easily hear their conversation since his wolf was bored with the book.
It focused on what they were saying, snickering silently at Donovan's obvious lies.
It was a little glad that he hadn't painted him as weak though, his wolf was strong if it was fed properly.
Teller just hadn't been able to eat much over the month he'd traveled since he was by himself and only knew how to hunt well in a pack.
After awhile his wolf settled and drifted off, slowly taking Tell with it.
He had made it to page eight when his head lightly thunked back against the desk, his body hunching slightly in the corner as the book slid from his grasp to the white tiled floor.
After being awake until midnight or so last night his body had decided to use the down time to rest instead of read.
When he was called Teller would probably wake up if it was loud enough but for now he was content dozing in his corner.
No one from the store bothered him because he was Donovan's though they didn't condone sleeping in their store they definitely weren't going to argue with his master over it.

"Well Master Donovin that should do it for now. If there are any other complications I will let you know but they should be ready in three days" Frank told him and he got down from the pedestal and walked back to the changing rooms. When he came out he saw Teller sleeping in the corner Guess the other errand can wait he thought to himself and walked over to Frank "Thank you for seeing me early" "As always it's not a problem and I suggest that you get him home and let him sleep. The competition is coming up soon, are you going to enter you pet?" Vin shook Frank's hand but stopped immediately. He hadn't even thought about the competition though it wasn't like he kept up with it because he never had a pet to enter and the events were a little cruel even for his tastes.

"I not sure I will. He is rather new to this life style and I still need to break him in with a few things" "that's understandable" Frank nodded his head and Vin finally walked over to Teller "Come on. It's time to go" he shook Teller's arm till he was awake and said his goodbyes once more. When he was back in the car he stared at his brother through the corner of his eye. Vin couldn't get over the fact that he had his brother in a collar and it was making his mind worked up better fantasy then last night. "Let's go home. I bet you're hungry" Vin stated and started the car getting right into traffic to go home.

Blinking open hazy eyes Teller glanced around, momentarily confused.
The scents were weird and the place...
Noticing one familiar smell he turned his head slightly to see Donovan standing beside him.
"Oh..."
Realizing he'd dozed off Teller quickly got to his feet, grabbing the book he'd let slip from his fingers and quickly followed.
He'd missed the conversation between the worker and his brother but his wolf had heard a few words it didn't like since it had woken up from them talking.

Once back in the car he was yawning repeatedly but doing his best to hide it behind his hand.
A small smile came across his face as he nodded to the question.
"Very actually...I didn't think I would be with how much I ate but I think I'm growing from it."
He indeed was, especially mentally though it wouldn't be evident till his body has had a full rest.

Vin nodded his head and took the streets that would get them home fast, he wasn't sure how much long he was going to last around his brother before he jumped him in this car and stripped him naked. He really needed to get this lust under control if he was going to have a fighting chance to act normal around his brother. They pulled up to the house and a driver came out "Master Donovin where have you been all day" was the first thing he heard when he got out of the car. "I had errands to run. Why?" He questioned as he handed the keys to him so that way he could put the car away in the garage. "You're mother is going nuts. Something about school and the company I think" the driver told him quickly and Vin sighed heavily. "Thank you for the warning" he told him and started towards the house "Oh and one more thing. Your mother has picked up on the scent of your guest in the house and she's not happy" "Bloody hell" Vin groaned and looked at his brother.

"I'm sorry but could you use the balcony to the room I gave you so that mother doesn't see you" Vin asked once Teller was out of the car, he didn't want to be rude but he wasn't sure how their mother was going to react seeing Teller in her home. This was something that he had hoped to avoid for a while...maybe a year or so but apparently she was spending more time at home though Vin couldn't figure out why.
"Donovin Valko!" The scream could be heard from even outside the house, that was defiantly his mother's voice. "Hurry" Vin told Teller and then started into the house at a decent pace.

Teller was already out of the car by the time he was told to quickly go inside.
He honestly wanted to meet their mother but considering the obvious foul mood in the house he would withhold his curiosity.
Nodding to Donovan he quickly grabbed his things and he over to beneath his room, easily jumping up onto the rail then disappearing inside.
Instead of thinking that they might be in trouble the one main thought going around the kid's head was Donovan's name.
Or more importantly, his own last name.
He had a last name now!
Even if he was his pet he was still a family member and his last name was Valko!
Teller Valko!

Kicking off his sandals Tell hopped on his bed and quickly stripped before shifting into his wolf as to not ruin Donovan's clothes.
The collar shimmered and grew in length, the small jewels increasing in size until it fit snugly around the wolf's soft fur.
Standing up on the blankets he looked across at a mirror and his tail started to wag.
He looked very good in the collar in his canine form and almost yipped in delight, though hearing the conversation starting downstairs he suddenly thought better of it.
Tell decided to just wait by the door and see if he could hear anything important, they would probably be mentioning him after all.

Vin stood at the front door for a second to take a breath and then walked into the house "Yes mother" he called back softly knowing she would still be able to hear him "Where the hell have you been? I've gotten three calls from your school that you've been absent and more then that one time and when I walk around the house it smells like a wet dog. Not to mention that ear shattering howl the other night" His mother started to yell at him without stopping for a breath, he turned his attention and saw her coming down the main staircase. Her eyes were on fire like she actually cared about all that she was spouting. "So what if I've been absent, you've never cared before" He argued and just walked through the house to the kitchen "That's because it didn't happen before. So why start now?" She hissed at him while on his heels into the kitchen "Maybe I don't care to go to school, think of that one" he retorted a little irratated, so he missed two or was it three days of school, still what did it really matter. "You know the company is going to look at your school record. You've been working so hard for this..." she started and he spun on his heels to her "No. You've been working for this. Have you ever once heard me say that I wanted to join your company. Ever think about what I want to do!" He screamed at his mother after slamming the fridge door shut "Donovin, we've discussed this" "I don't really care. Maybe I want to go off and see more of the world then this messily town. Did that ever cross your mind?!" This whole conversation reeked of an old argument but apparently they were still going to have it. "So you are just going to leave me like your father did? I see how it is, apparently you go more of him in you then I thought" she hissed at him "Would that be such a bad thing? And at least one of us cares about him because it's not like you've told me shit about him. I don't know how many times I have to ask about him and what's so bad about wanting to meet him or my brother" Vin hissed and now his own anger was starting to reach its limit and everyone in the house knew it and if they didn't, the bottle full of blood that he chucked at the nearest wall would give them a good idea.

"I made an agreement with your father that he would only have to handle one son and that was the one that was more like him. Our coupling was challenged all the time and to protect you boys we had to split you up" That was the realist thing his mother had ever said to him. "So why refuse to let me seek them out now, it's of my own choosing and I think that I'm old enough to decided for myself what I want to do. Also what about my brother, huh? Maybe he wants to know about us, maybe he wants to get to know the mother that abandoned him." That remark got Vin slapped pretty hard across the face "Don't you ever say that I abandoned him" she hissed and when Vin looked back at his mother there was a decent cut on his face from her nails. It didn't take long for his body to heal that small wound though "Whatever you want to call it, what if he thinks that way? When was the last time you even thought about him or father for that matter with all those suitors that you flirt with. Did you even love my father and brother?" She smacked him across the face again but this time he retaliated though all he did was shove his mother away from him "I do love them but I can't wait around for someone who I can't see anymore" She countered Vin's statement.

That's all it took for Vin to snap, he could stand his mother lying about anything else but this. Vin walked to the room he had given to Teller and opened the door "Well if you actually still love them then tell it to their faces, or at least your other sons face" Vin hissed at his mother and stepped away from the bedroom door waiting for Teller to come out or at least to see how his mother would react to see him. Vin crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall watching his mother.

Teller sat quietly as he listened to the conversation.
His stomach clenched, muscles tightening as it got heated.
He heard the first slap and smelled a slight scent of blood in the air but held himself back.
Tell wanted to protect Donovan but he knew he had no right against his own mother.
Besides, the scent quickly vanished as his wound healed, but then a bottle of blood, judging from the new scent, replaced the older.
As the argument got heated his hackles started to rise, ear pressed tight to the door.
Another minute later and he heard footsteps heading towards him.
With just enough time to spare getting his by the door as it swung open Teller jumped back, tail tucked between his legs and ears back.

He hadn't expected Donovan to do something like that and the second he saw his mother instinct kicked in.
Tell flipped over onto his back and extended his neck, the most submissive any wolf could get.
He really wanted her to like him but judging from their conversation she might just throw him out or give him a plain ticket to another country.
The collar around his neck jingled a little as the tag his a silver buckle, turning slightly so the side that read Property of Donovan Valko was visible instead of the address and such.

His mother stood there wondering what her son was talking about but as the door swung open and she saw the wolf her mouth dropped open. What had her son done? Watching the wolf flip over onto its back and presenting its neck made her take a step backwards. She eyed the creature wondering what was going on, it had been years since she'd seen her husband and son so she really didn't recognized her son's wolf form. However she saw the dog tag clearly and turned on Donovin. "What did you do?!" She screamed at him while advancing on Vin.

Vin quickly pushed off the wall to defend himself "I did nothing. He sought us out" he told her though his voice was scarey calm right now "He crashed the party the other night with the company though he was in human form at the time. He looked so much like me but we fought anyways, I almost killed him but brought him here" Vin took a step away from his mother, no amount of explanation was going to save him this time and Vin knew it. "So that's what sparked all this recently. Wanting to know your father, skipping school, refusing to enter the company" she hissed at Vin and the fire found Vin once again "You can say whatever you want mother but it's not going to change my mind. I finally know the piece that has been missing in my heart however cold it is. Now I know why you've made it so cold, you wanted me to be just like you so I wouldn't feel anything for them. If you were protect me...stop it! I love my brother so just get over it! Vin screamed at her and she moved so fast that she was at Vin's throat.

Vin was raised slightly off the ground though he was taller then his mother so she couldn't exactly pick him up off the ground. "You are screwing up your life and if the company or others find out about him then we're both screwed" she tightened her grip on his neck and Vin couldn't do anything, though he wouldn't really anything to his mother. She was still his blood after all and Vin knew that he could break her in half if he wanted to "He had no where else to go. Father's dead and he's on his own" Vin choked out and she dropped him. Her eyes went back to Teller and stared for a long time. Vin rubbed at his neck to make the slight pain go away but also to keep an eye on his mother just in case she snapped and went after Teller, Vin was going to prevent that at all costs.

Teller felt his heart freeze at the look in their mother's eyes.
Her words stung even worse then her gaze but Tell couldn't withhold his body's reaction.
Rolling abruptly back over he bolted towards Donovan with a threatening snarl.
Unless his master was in serious danger he wouldn't close the last foot or so to them but his brother had a much stronger spot in his heart then his mother sadly.
Teller wanted her acknowledgement but not at the cost of their family.

When her eyes fell on him he slowly bowed his head as his form wavered.
A moment later he was standing in front of them, stark naked but uncaring about such a trivial thing.
He looked exactly like his father had so many years ago and now his aging was slowing as well.
Soft gold eyes met his mother's as he worked on slowly his breathing, calming down.
"Mother...please don't hurt my brother..."
His voice was very quietly, a mere whisper though he knew they could easily hear him.
"I appreciate what Donovan has done for me and I'm very glad that I got to meet you...but if I am in the way..."
He let the sentence hang, not thinking he would need to finish it with 'I will leave', figuring they both understood that part.

A smile found its way to Vin's lips when Teller seemed to be defending him, it made Vin feel good though the damage that his mother could do to the wolf was frightening. Vin slipped his coat off and draped it over Teller's shoulders, his eyes were still on his mother and she seemed to step back a little with Teller's transformation. Vin guessed that she saw her husband in Teller not to mention him. "You are not going anywhere Teller" Vin told him in a soft tone. He was not about to lose his brother just after learning that he had one and the fact that he had been protecting him these past days proved that he wanted him around.

"Nothing to say mother? No smart remark? No denial?" Vin questioned though the way it sounded was rhetorical or mocking. Her face turned stoic once more and she fixed her posture. Just those little movements showed Vin that he had won for once against his mother "If that is the way you feel then get out" she told him in that sickening voice she had used on Vin when he was a child. However it didn't phase Vin anymore like it had when he was younger "Then so be it" was all that he said and took a step away from his mother but placed a hand on Teller's shoulder "If you truly want to lose both your sons then we will leave but I will be taking all my things AND my trust fund" Vin told his mother sternly, that got a little facial twitch from his mother "It is yours to do with what you want" she told him and it seemed like there was no changing either of their minds.

Teller had honestly hoped that his mother might accept him, maybe even hug him.
God how much he wanted a hug from her...
When she suddenly told them to get out he froze, eyes widening as his heart sank further.
He hadn't come to this town to mess up a family but Donovan seemed to have gone against her before judging by their conversation.
When his brother pressed his hand against Teller he couldn't help but lean into him, biting back tears.
The wolf had really just wanted a mother...why was it so hard to have such a thing?!
Shaking his head quickly he ducked away from Donovan and after one more brief glance at his mother jumped off the balcony and bounded for the forest.

He needed time to adjust, to deal with the situation he'd caused.
Heading back towards town he realized he'd left all of his money at Donovan's house.
Meh, whatever.
Ducking inside a bar when the bouncer wasn't looking he quickly made his way over to a stool.
Obviously he couldn't buy anything with his lack of funds but several guys there didn't seem to think Teller didn't deserve any judging by the way tears were running down his face.
One quickly perched next to him, ordering him a strong shot.
Teller took it, arguing or complaining about the burn of the odd drink.
Several more shots later and he was feeling rather funny...and why was the room spinning?

Vin grabbed for Teller but he was too fast for him "Look what you've done! He's your son!" Vin screamed at her and his mother just stood there. What was his brother thinking? He was naked except for the coat Vin had draped over his shoulders and he ran out of the house. Where was his brother going to go? He had nothing and didn't know this town not to mention it was crawling with vampires and other dangerous creatures. At least Teller had the collar on now so that was a bit of a relief.

"Find it in that stone heart of yours and go after him! At least attempt to be a mother to him, he his your blood just as much as I am" Vin screamed at her again but she just seemed to stand there staring at Vin and the spot Teller disappeared from. "If you do not go after him with me then I will tell everyone that he is my blood brother, I will screw up the rest of your life if you don't even try to get to know him" Vin knew that he could ruin everything for his mother and himself but that was the difference. He was willing to do it and start over somewhere else unlike his mother who wanted to stay in her perfectly ordered world. Vin pulled out his phone and was about to dial a conference call to the board members of the company.

"Alright. Ten minutes, if I don't like how things are going then you and him will disappear" She finally spoke and Vin nodded his head then placed his phone back into his pocket. They both took off with the same path that Teller had taken, the most they had to go off of was smell and direction though Vin had a better idea of how his brother smelled so he led the way.

Teller had managed to zip up the coat turning it into a type of dress.
At least his special parts weren't visible.
By the time he'd finished his fifth shot there were guys all around him cheering and clapping the kid on the back.
He was giddy and laughing along with them, his face hot from the alcohol.
Teller wasn't really sure what exactly he was drinking, the taste was horrid but the heat that filled him erased his uncertainty and pain from his mother's dismissal.
Reaching over one of the guys grabbed the tag on Tell's collar, glancing at the name and address.
"Hey, this kid is from up town...or at least his boyfriend is."
He nodded to the address as a few others looked.
They tried to take off the collar seeing that it was actually really expensive looking but the clasps and buckles wouldn't budge.

Leaning over the main guy smirked, his mouth pressing against Teller's wrist.
Without realizing it fangs pushed into his soft skin as the other started drinking...
The main guy tried to get Teller to take it off but the kid was way too plastered to know how to use his fingers enough to try.
The only one who could take it off anyways was Donovan since he'd put it on.

"Where would he go?" His mother questioned as they ran at top speed to find Teller and Vin glared at his mother "Like I would really know. I've only known him for about two days now and we didn't really have the time to talk" he hissed at her. If this cold hearted woman had just given Teller two seconds they wouldn't be in this mess. Vin stopped running when they came to the city, he spun around in circles a few times trying to find his brothers scent and his mother just stood there staring at him like he was an idiot.

"You could help you know" Vin hissed at his mother once more and she just shrugged her shoulders. "This way" it was getting harder and harder to find his brother's scent. It was like something was masking it. Vin stopped on the main drag of bars He wouldn't He thought to himself but then started to walk up to each entrance of the bars till one of them had even a hint of his brother. Vin barreled into the bar dismissing the bouncer and his mother followed behind him. This was his first ever bar and he was going in to drag someone else out.

His head whipped about looking for his brother, there were way too many bodies in here and Vin could feel his anger reaching its limit. He was about to start throwing people "There" he heard his mother say and Vin looked at the bar where his mother was pointing. Vin stalked towards his brother who looked like he was going to follow over and stopped abruptly in front of him. "A bar! You couldn't have chosen a park or something or hell I'd even understand if you killed someone" Vin screamed over all the cheers and conversations, he wasn't really yelling at his brother...alright he was a little. Vin grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled Teller away from the crowd that had surrounded his brother.

Vin stomped towards the entrance of the bar though it wasn't long before he was surrounded by a group of vampires himself "And where do you think you are going with him?" One of them asked and Vin turned his beat red eyes on him "He is mine. Read the tag" Vin jerked the collar around Teller's neck so the vampire could see the tag and then dropped it. "Now scram!" He screamed and Vin's mother was at his side then the vampires cleared a path for them. He sighed heavily and thankful that his mother had come with him otherwise this would have been harder. Vin got his brother outside and turned to him "Mother had something to say" he said softly now and then looked at his mother "Here? There are...let's go home and I will talk to him" she told Vin and he relented "Alright, let's go" Vin agreed and started to walk though he never let go of Teller and pulled him along.

The fangs in his wrist tore at Teller's skin as he was yanked away.
A snarl erupted from him but it was quickly swallowed by loud music of the club.
Tell didn't fight at all as he was yanked outside, his mind was unfocused and after several steps he dropped to his knees and promptly vomited out all the alcohol that had been given to him.
A few moments and several deep breaths later and he was back on his feet following his brother.
It took most of the walk for Teller's head to clear but when they were finally back inside he just had a huge headache leftover from his awkwardly dallying in the bar.

One thing that confused him was why.
Why had Donovan come after and definitely why had his mother?
She seemed to hate him though she didn't say it outright all of her actions and words pushed towards that.
He wasn't sure why she disliked him so much considering they hadn't even met before but perhaps it was just that he was a were and she wasn't.
When they stopped inside the door Teller reached up to grasp his brother's arm with his injured wrist.
The wound had been inflicted by a vampire, his fangs even, so the anticoagulant was still working forcing blood to run down arm though it didn't bother him. It wasn't enough to do serious damage and after a few more moments his body should be able to start healing the bite marks.
His attention was much more focused on the two vampires, confused and concerned about why they had gone after him.

He sighed happily when they were back to the mansion and as his mother tried to run off he grabbed her arm pulled her back to them "Say it!" He ordered and stood in her path to make her face her son. "Tell him what how you really feel" Vin told her once again through clenched teeth. Their mother turned to Teller seeing the look in her sons eye, he was not going to let this one go. "Teller I'm sorry if my words seemed harsh...or like I didn't care about you..." she looked from Teller to Vin and back to Teller. This was hard for her, she hadn't even dealt with it since the day her husband took Teller away "I never thought, even in my wildest dream that I would get to see you again. I had closed myself off from everything the day your father took you and I took Donovin. We parted ways on that dreadful day and neither of us looked back" she started to explain and it seemed like she was melting right there in front of both of them.

"We both made our lives into what we wanted, making a place in it for one of our sons. Built our lives around helping you two grow and we were never supposed to meet again. It's not that I don't love you or don't want to see you...it's just that the life I built for Donovin will be ruined if anyone finds out that you two are related and with you guys being twins it's really hard to hide that fact" she took a deep breath and walked up to Teller finally. She cautiously placed a hand on his shoulder "And it seems that my...that Donovin has chosen you over everything else. Part of me likes that so much and the other part...well lets just leave it at that" she finished off and kept her eyes on Teller to see what he was going to say, if he was going to say anything at all. Vin nodded his head proud that his mother finally acknowledge her own son.

Her explanation sounded correct as to what he'd heard since now.
He didn't like that their parents decided on such harsh measures but he also understood that wolves and vampires shouldn't have even been possible.
Like he researched...two percent.
Him and Donovan were a walking miracle though most vamps and wolves wouldn't see it as that at all.
They'd try to get rid of the other twin or lock him up to prove that twins could happen among a split race breeding.
Chewing his bottom lip he waited for a minute after his mother had finally finished explaining before he brought himself to respond.
It probably wasn't he one expected or the smartest but he couldn't help it.
His wolf was so extremely physical that just being around vampires, having to hold back...

Jumping forward he wrapped strong arms around his mother, not needing to adjust at all since they were close to the same height.
He muzzled her neck happily taking in her scent.
Tell managed to hold back licking but he couldn't get enough of her.
The quiet purr suddenly came back as it grumbled through his chest showing just how happy her acknowledging him was.

The maid from earlier had just finished cooking and setting the table with a roast chicken, pineapple rice, and rolls when she quietly cleared her throat.
"U-um...dinner is ready for your guest..."
Teller glanced towards her, then to the food.
His stomach growled loudly but he wasn't sure he wanted to let go of his mom, thinking she might just run away and he'd never get to hug her again.

Vin chuckled a little bit at his mother's reaction, she went ridged as the wolf jumped at her but soon adjusted to the sensation. She lifted her hands up and wrapped them around Teller. It felt nice to hold him and feel that bond that she never had, maybe this wasn't so bad but her mind was still having a hard time working all this out. Vin finally relaxed when it seemed like all was well and then the maid walked up. Vin cleared his throat as well and walked up to his mother and Teller. "Why don't you two go and sit down in the dinning room and catch up, plus I can hear Teller's stomach from her" Vin commented and their mother looked down at Teller a little bit. "That sound...interesting" she told him and then slipped from his grip and headed towards the dinning room.

Vin held back for a moment and then looked at Teller "Go and enjoy the food and mother. Don't let her fool you, she may act cold hearted but there is something deep down that wants bond with you" he patted him on the back and gave him a gentle push. Vin then turned to the maid "Thank you for making the food and could you get someone to clean the blood off the wall. I would also like my own dinner in my room tonight" Vin said and then went up to his room.

Teller couldn't believe that he was being hugged back.
The pressure on his back and the feelings that he could sense were just amazing.
Sure they weren't nearly as readable as a wolves but gods he loved his mother.
When they were told to go eat and talk his mouth grew into a huge smile.
Turning to Donovan he gave his brother a quick hug and lick on the cheek before running over to the table to join his mother.
Of course he was the only one to really eat but he at least didn't stuff his face.
Instead he made a plate, all-be-it a very large one, and started working on the food as they started talking.
He was ready for any questions she had, then he intended to head up to sleep with Donovan.
This night couldn't have gotten any better now that his mother was actually willing to tolerate him!

The maid nodded slowly and found another servant to clean up the blood as she worked on heating up her master's.
A few minutes later and she was in his room walking the tray of two blood bottles to the nightstand.
"Here is your dinner, master. Can I help you with anything else?"

Vin walked into his room and sighed heavily, he was glad that he didn't have to leave with his brother because he wasn't sure how they would fair but he also didn't like the fact of staying either. He didn't want to continue his old life anymore but could see no other choice. His brother was getting to know their brother and soon she would be wanting to spend all kinds of time with him. It was hard not to love Teller and Vin wasn't sure if it was because he was a wolf or because he was just a loveable guy.

He walked over to his bed and stripped off his shirt, Vin had just sat down on his bed when the maid walked in "Thank you. That will be all...actually..." he started out as the maid looked at him waiting to hear what he had to say. Vin thought on what he wanted to say but decided against it "Never mind. That'll be all" he said and she nodded her head. Before leaving the room she picked up all the clothes and placed them in the laundry shoot for later washing.

When she was gone from the room Vin picked up one of the bottles and sipped on it then picked up a remote from the night stand pressing a few buttons. A few seconds later a flat screen tv came up from a cubby at the end of his bed. Vin started to flip through channels and he had his dinner. He wasn't sure what he wanted to watch though his mind was still revolving around his brother.