1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovLzY3Lm1lZGlhLnR1bWJsci5jb20vN2I4Nzg0NDFhNmQ5OWNkMGQ0MTZlMmRiMjYyMTY3ODIvdHVtYmxyX284emlmaDZWRGkxdHE2d3M3bzFfNTAwLnBuZyJ9.bcFa2W9weeg5l0mCvE0g1eh2B1M.png

Last edited:
napsta_icon1_by_dratinigirl-d9sqk0c.gif
[glow=green]Casper the Ghost[/glow]
1864742_200x130.png

Remy's idPersona would be this goofy little ghost fella. Because Remy has a really awkward sense of humor, yes. And to humor Misa, I named him Casper. Yes baby, you're welcome. (This is a recurring inside joke played on my expense that just never seems to die out. And because it's like a shit stain that I can't scrub off, I just came into the following concolusion; "Oh what the hell, let's just embrace the fuck out of it.") Some of you might know this ghosty FC from the game called Undertale. But no, I haven't played it. Thus no, I will not understand any references you might throw my way after this post, so just don't.

Admit it tho, he's the most adorable and funkiest earphone ghost you've ever seen. And because of the creepy factor of the real ghosts in this RP, it'll most probably remain as the only one. I mean, look at that face. Look at it.

Remy has coded Casper to be a curious but friendly little persona. He loves music just like his owner, and thus has as large variety of music in his music library to select from. Remy tends to also buy new albums and tracks to it a lot, which is also why he has invested money into Casper's memory space. Casper often plays music in the background of Remy's mind, making the freckled young man feel like his whole life is one never ending music video. Often Casper's choices of tracks are quite fitting, as he is made to calculate Remy's moods and choose fitting sounds to fit the atmosphere according to them, or calculate an appropriate song choice due to a situation he is in. But sometimes, they're so fitting that they are quite ridiculous, making the owner of the idPersona snort in laughter out in the public, often when he's alone or the like, which gathers some questioning gazes from the bypassers. This leads Remy blushing in embarrassment and fumble around awkwardly. (This once happened when he went to a gym, and Casper immediately started playing Eye of the Tiger.)

The idPersona directs calls and messages to Remy, and does purchases online whenever requested. Such as the card for the city's public transport or whatever Remy decides to purchase from the nearby grocery store. Casper is like a smart phone and wallet combined; no need to carry either, it's all in a chip and connected online on the city's web and fiercely protected by the government against hackers. IDP thefts are rare due to them being scarcely succeeded, and often very short lived. Often the reason is the owner's naivety and stupidity, not the governments firewall and aggressive anti-virus system.

Casper's voice is of a young male, possibly a child of age ten or younger, with an undertone of a robotic metallic echo behind it. His whole purpose is to basically be adorable, to make Remy feel more comfortable about the undead. Or that is how he thought it could work when he purchased Casper's appearance when he was young. Turned out, it didn't really help. But he grew fond of the little ghost and didn't have the heart to change his appearance afterwards.

The personality of Casper is very two-dimensional just like any other persona's. He can offer simple answers according to what the web offers to short, practical questions. He doesn't understand human emotion further than what he has been programmed to do with the music library, and cannot hold up a very long lasting or fulfilling conversation. Casper is a cute little boy ghost, but the fact is, he is just a simple program made to answer only a limited selection of commands.

Last edited by a moderator:
i3B3HIa.gif

----

As for IdPersonas

Meet Tikki, a bulbous red flying sprite. She is the one representing Aisling's IdPersona. And yes, unlike with the faceclaim I did use the original name that was used for this figure and character. I'm creative like that.

Anyway, Tikki was designed and gifted to Aisling by her aunt when the elf came to live in the city from the farms and ranches. Seeing how the girl grew up in the rural areas she didn't really have a need for it until she moved. The girl had a little difficulty in designing and left the appearance of her IdPersona to her relative, trusting her aunt's taste and ability to create something cute, yet fitting to her personality. Tikki was its result and Aisling is more than happy with the little red of happiness.

Tikki is, much like Aisling, a very optimistic and empathetic being. However, unlike Aisling, Tikki has been designed to be a little more mature, calm and reasonable, so that it can look after the young teen. These are traits her aunt intentionally had Aisling install in Tikki, knowing that the little elf struggles a little with seeing the social borders at times and needs a little encouragement the other. As such the VI might also be referred to as her guardian angel, always sticking near her and watching over the elf.

Most of the times Tikki stays out of the way from interactions except from speaking with Aisling. It knows that others won't be able to see and or hear the VI anyway. They do, however, try to constantly direct Aisling in her actions. This is mostly the influence of her aunt, who is a little bossy, but also likes for the elf to stay out of trouble. As such Tikki can be extremely mothering, worrying about the littlest things regarding their owner. It can also be a little uptight, trying to hold back the elf from going out of the borders. A piece of advice that Aisling once listened to, but presently is getting better at ignoring.

Whenever Tikki tries to scold Aisling the elf gets a little sulky, pouting into the thin air, or sighs out her own discontentment. Seeing how the girl generally has trouble masking her emotions this is a frequent happening, often comically referred to as 'a divine moment' by her friends who know how to appreciate Tikki's interference.

Like with all IdPersonas Tikki functions as her personal information archive, her wallet and communication. As Aisling is still young and a little easily influenced Tikki is also designed with a hard limit in what money is spent. It also sends out a signal to her aunt whenever Aisling does anything seemingly out of character, such as taking the train to Downtown and or purchasing an unusual amount of food. Some might argue that this is privacy invasive, but it is also because the girl is still a minor without a real income of her own. Usually the elf doesn't really mind it, trusting herself as well that she wouldn't let anything too crazy happen to herself.

As the IdPersona is still a Virtual Intelligence chip Tikki is limited in what it can and how it grows. It won't act on its own without being asked to do so first. As such its reactions largely depends on Aisling activating and asking the VI to do so directly. However, with one special update from a few of her aunt's connections others can activate Tikki for Aisling as well. This is especially handy whenever the owner herself is out of commission, but can also be used in order to activate an extra voice to scold Aisling. With the code: 'Tikki, spots on!' the VI will react and start working on an emergency plan (which can also involve scolding said elf), or give access to a limited amount of personal information, such as a social number, address and the likes. This special password can be found in Aisling's pocket, as she has written down the words in case she ever passes out on the street and needs immediate help, but otherwise her closest friends and relatives all know the password by heart.​

Last edited:
I read through the majority of this thread(including all the lore and rules) and frankly it looks pretty awesome. Alas, I fall bellow the age requirements, but I wish you all the best of luck! I really like the concept of a Born Werefolk who's exceptional skill is in being an entrepreneur or good at scamming people, but that's just me tossing around possible ideas for others to make use of. Anywho, if this is still going on a couple years from now I might see if I can join in, but until then goodbye.

Come one come all, and witness what could possibly be one of the laziest, slowest, and crankiest IdPersonas to grace the streets of Autumn! I present to you Leon, the black cat that happens to be Parker's only constant companion through life.

Designed by Parker himself, he was programmed to be your run of the mill lazy cat that doesn't like to listen to what you tell him. But being that he is a VI, he can't actually decide to not carry out your instructions instead just proceeding to seem as if he is wasting your time by interacting with the environment as best a VI can. He'll try and bat at things that should move, jump onto desks and parked cars, even summon a virtual ball of cotton and play with it while he searches for what was asked for.

Leon is a much more up front VI, being almost constantly visible and interacting with something. So constant that Parker sometimes forgets that Leon is even around until he needs him for something, just to end up being surprised that Leon has been attempting to swat at the pigeon perched outside your window for the past five minutes. Leon's voice is that of an older gentlemen, perhaps in his late 50s or early 60s. A distinctly English voice; although the exact dialect can't be placed, grace's Parker with pre-programmed cynical comments and whatever else Parker may be in need of at the moment.

Leon received a few upgrades from SPARRO upon Parker's entry into the force. The most notable upgrades being Leon's ability to connect to the SPARRO network, being able to actively use any resources that Parker would be able to use were he sat in front of a computer or had a radio and a few minutes to wait for someone to get what he needed. The other being that Leon is able to attempt more complex operations such as face-matching and profiling. The only draw back to this being that Leon does not do this himself but by actually connecting directly to SPARRO's servers, allowing them to do most of the work while simply providing the source material and the feedback. The final and likely most useful upgrade is Leon's ability to enter others personal information from their IdPersona as long as a set of rules are met (Must be: Subdued, Apprehended, In-Pursuit, Medical Emergency, Refusal to Cooperate, etc.), and nothing to do with bank accounts and the flow of money, but enough to allow a cop to do his job. (Think on to how in reality a cop can open someones wallet and grab their ID, get their DOB, Place of Address, Full Name and then enter it into the police system and get things like their SSN and past convictions, warrants or infractions, at least in America that's what I'm going for with this upgrade, and it makes sense if everyone's info is on their IdPersonas to give cops the ability to access this information.)

That's Parker's cynical little Brit partner. GMs if there are any problems with the police related updates give me a shout I just went with things that would make sense for a cop to have at his disposal but if it's too much go ahead and let me know.

Last edited:
Ah, these are all great!

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'll probably get into writing mine after Wednesday.
I've been abroad, but now I'm entertaining family with a free place to stay and we've been pretty busy.
But they leave next week, so for sure then.

Reactions: Wicked

This is Midna, since I see no reason to rename her. She was commissioned by Iris' parents originally to help her not feel so abnormal about her skin (the stone helmet a personal touch added by the designer) but the designer had gotten the personality orders confused with another client's and instead of a happy, chirpy VI, what they got back was a VI with a mischievous, playful personality. Iris liked her, however, and her parents didn't have the heart to return it. Midna doesn't come with many extra functions asides from performing web searches, only the ability to search for Iris' computer files when asked and pull up her song lists on request. The most Midna can act "dependently" is purposely pulling up the wrong files, confusing a song for another, or popping up at random when she "got bored", often accompanied by a yawn and a stretch. When this happens on the bus or around strangers in general, especially the immature, one of the first things people tend to notice is the fact the little imp VI is "naked" despite not being very detailed in that department.

Midna's voice is lighthearted but has a certain hollow quality about it and a slight echo. Thus is by no means caused by low quality but another design quirk. She nearly always has an impish grin on her face most don't find very pleasant.

t81z03.jpg

5malnq.jpg

Here she is, the long awaited, infamous AI, Mallory. Mallory was created by a team of technicians and scientists working on Project: Hex, a top secret project. Some might ask why Mallory was created in the first place? Couldn't a normal VI handle the responsibilities Mall would be doing? Not to mention, AI's were extremely dangerous and illegal, why take such a big risk? Well, because they needed an AI to do the job that was required of them. A VI is so limited in what it is allowed to do. Essentially being a wealth of knowledge. The team decided, in order for the suit to work in a full capacity, they needed a force that could control and take care of its functions on its own and do maintenance on its own. But also, when it came to Evie, making sure that her vitals were always in check, controlling her 'episodes' or 'attacks' due to the procedures she's been through, and should Evie be in extreme danger where she can't get herself out, her AI should be able to take control and get them both out. Mallory isn't just an AI, she is the suit as well. The same suit which keeps Evie alive and is always on her, she can't take it off. Now she doesn't walk around with the suit on every day, that's weird, the suit compresses itself into a necklace, a choker, that will activate when Mallory chooses, or when Evie tells her to.

Now after the backstory of how Mallory was created we can get into how she is, personality wise. Depressing is a bit of an understatement when it comes to Mallory. She's Melancholic and has a morbid sense of humor. She always seems to be in a foul mood, with very few times showing a soft protecting side towards Evie. Other than that, nothing really excites her and while she does enjoy the time she spends with Evie she has to stay true to her reputation. Really, any time you see her acting semi-unlike herself is when Evie is involved. Evangeline is the single most important person in the world to her. Period. Speaking of those, Mallory has a terrible sense of humor. And by terrible, it's dark, inappropriate, and can almost always be assured that no one else will appreciate it. To add to her wonderfully sunny personality, Mallory is probably the most pessimistic artificial lifeform ever. She always gives those unwanted opinions that just dampens your mood. In case you forgot about reality, she's always the voice in the back that just reminds you of how grim the present really is. Not to mention, she is generally untrusting of everyone. Everyone is a good person deep down? Yeah right. She's adopted a cynical outlook considering how she was created and the environment that she and Evie had to live in. Sure there are some good apples in a sea of rotten ones, but you won't catch Mall having any hope. Nope, she always expects the worst. Besides, it's the people that are closest to you that can hurt you the most. Mall is also super blunt in her choice of words. She is probably the sass queen and she has no shame in her game either. She'll tell it to you like it is, with no remorse and lack of sympathy towards your feelings. Just ask Evie how many times she gets called an idiot or a variant of the word a day. Now ask Mall how many fucks she gives about hurting her partner's feelings.

Now while Mall might seem more of a bother than anything, Evie still cares for Mall deeply, and the same goes for Mall. For Evie, Mallory has always been there. She was her first friend, someone she could always go to and they would be willing to listen. Someone who just understood her better than anything. Mallory isn't just Evie's protector, her lifesaver(literally), she's her partner and her best friend. Sure, Mall has a lot of negative qualities but she slips up sometimes and Evie can see how much Mall truly cares for her. But with that in mind, Mallory is extremely possessive of Evie. After all, she was created for the sole purpose of protecting the girl, it's in her nature to be possessive over her. But when she's not being over protective over Evie, they've had their share of laughs together too. Like stated earlier, when Evie is involved that's when you can see Mall act most unlike herself. A smile every now and then, or even laughter. Mallory is extremely comfortable around Evangeline so she doesn't mind letting down her guard every once in a while.

Since Mallory is an AI, and those are illegal, she disguises herself in public as Evie's persona. She struggles with holding her tongue as the persona but she does it anyway. Normally though she's just speaking so that only Evie can hear. It's imperative that Mall stays a secret because no one is supposed to know about Evie's existence. If Mall is found out, then Evie will surely be busted as well. When she's not acting as her persona, Mall usually materializes as a holographic version of this but other than that, in her persona form she looks as how the other pictures suggest.

Last edited:
You guys and your essays :P

• OMG
Reactions: Nemopedia
I was tempted to have a VI with a duck's head and call it Duckface, and have it be commentary on the overall decline of society

Basically all my VI ideas are terrible so far.

I'm tempted to run something close to a boring-default and have it be a conversation piece later on how he only uses it for utilitarian purposes anyway. Maybe someone coerces Zac to change it to something more fun??????????

Will keep you posted

You guys and your essays :P
Lol, this isn't even touching the length of my essays. I usually write too much for essays, or so my professors tell me xD Besides, all of my info was important xDDD Not to mention the beauty of font size that makes my work appear longer than it really is. xD

I was tempted to have a VI with a duck's head and call it Duckface, and have it be commentary on the overall decline of society

Basically all my VI ideas are terrible so far.
What do you even mean? That would be hilarious xD

I usually write too much for essays, or so my professors tell me xD

Ugh, I couldn't stand writing essays =.= I like short sweet and simple, thank you very much. If I can get away away with the bare minimum, I will.

• OMG
Ok let's try this VI thing because i don't let my memes be dreams

Pretzel the Paperclip

Pretzel was far ahead of its time when it was introduced in the late 90s. It was also kind of a finicky piece of trash with little personality and kind of radically ineffective at its job. Somehow, the unassuming little guy had some kind of cult following in its kitsch appeal, and is kind of a mascot for the disenfranchised office worker. Nowadays, the software megacorp that initially introduced Pretzel has gone on to prepare more nuanced, fun and animated VIs, but Pretzel is kind of a default one available to most. Its functionality has also been improved over the years... somewhat.

Pretzel is probably the plainest VI you can find, only speaking up to offer suggestions and feedback. Such a utilitarian model suits Zac fine, as he never particularly saw the need to gussy his VI up with fancy animations, cute outfits, and fake emotions.

Pretzel is to the point and fairly effective at parsing the information super highways. However, there's a good chance (maybe 25%) that it well and truly goes off the rails into non-sequitur suggestions, which actually lends it some degree of charm and personality in its application. At the least, it gives Zac a cheap laugh every now and then.

I kind of want to stick Zac with an intentionally dull, mundane, utilitarian VI from the get-go and possibly make it a mini plotpoint for people to bug him and try to coerce him into updating it and getting something more fun (like what others have), but apparently it's a rule that you only get pick of one?

Think the mini-arc would be pretty cute and VIs are apparently super customizable, so I was hoping to try it, if it didn't raise any huge problems. I hadn't heard a reason why it'd be permanent. Usually you get the option to change online avatars without messing with key personal info, so this seems weird to me.

So I'm Marley, the goof with the were-jaguar.

I had an idea with him but it's getting less coherent as I go along. I'm thinking I may either have to re-assess and start over with him or pull him. I'll decide by tomorrow. Looks like a great game though! Lots of neat characters.

Reactions: Sailor Arti
Yeah, I know. I hopped off the freight train and applied for a slot, and that's all it is. (Doesn't mean anything as it stands.) However, y'all were talking about your character's favorite restaurants and now Sander the troll just can't stop thinking about:

QUESTION TWO: !!!

(CHARACTER QUESTION) What is your character's favorite eating spot?

"To Fry For" (Locally reviewed)

"On the southwest side of Autumn, at the foot of the farmland area, there's a restaurant not much more than an old 4-room cottage made into a functioning eatery. Its specialties: seafood and fresh fish, ridiculously rumored to be brought in by water trolls, although the proprietors are all clearly human…. The eats are great, the prices dirt cheap and beer ain't watered. A well-nigh historic establishment, passed down from generation to generation of the Stantall family.

People from the suburbs as well as the farms often make an event of it, whole families and social clubs trooping down to the decades-old picnic benches (which lurch under battered canvas umbrellas among ancient trees) to partake in a fish fry or perhaps a romantic couple might snuggle up over prawns and white wine on the old covered porch (where the newest generation of Stantalls, boasting a carpenter or two, finally installed glass windows in case of rain). There's the "club" room in the back usually reserved for the more favored regulars—while the people that don't mind a crowd sit at the communal bar right next to the kitchen. (Actually that might be the best place to sit as often the cooks give out free tastes!)

Stantalls don't put up with any segregation and better-than-thou bullcrap. They don't care if you're revenant, elf or human, long as you mind your manners and pay your bill. Anyone that starts something in their joint – well the Stantalls are likely to finish it, and not with a please and thank you. Trust me.

Once in a while, some snooty fancy pants from the uppity side of town stops by acting like they're going to the zoo to see the sights—usually they don't come back again (oops, accidents do happen!) unless one of the Stantalls takes a real liking to him or her. Then, they might become a regular, if they have any taste at all for good eating. But it's rare.

On the weekend the current Ma Stantall or one of her girls whips up some fancy desserts, and wow, those ladies sure have a talent for baking!"

You can chase me away with a broom (yowls), BUT .... I was rather looking forward to the dreaded Wicked shanking me (and I AM talking blades here, people) if I've trespassed. After all the exciting threats and such. Yeah?

Of course, with my luck, no such fun... Salutations in reverse mode!

Oops sorry for double post
So I'm Marley, the goof with the were-jaguar.

I had an idea with him but it's getting less coherent as I go along. I'm thinking I may either have to re-assess and start over with him or pull him. I'll decide by tomorrow. Looks like a great game though! Lots of neat characters.

You can always bounce ideas off someone else for feedback if you want! I usually struggle with settling on an idea and reach out for grounding.

• Thank You
I have a pretty solid "feel" for him, I'm just not settled with his history. I'm kinda going for a smart but cocky, devil-may-care little twerp from the wrong side of the tracks with some sort of special talent (since the character quip said something about him "rising above his pack" or whatnot) and a bone to pick with mages (characters with irrational/emotional schticks man, it's a thing for me). I've bounced back and fourth between having him be a photography/journalism uni student and being some sort of tech whiz (hence the hacking). Neither totally fits the vibe I get from him though (stubborn little git).

Hm. Actually, maybe film could be a good combo of those two sides.

I'll chew on it.

[glow=pink]Apologies & Roll Call[/glow]

Okay, so without coming up with some BS excuse and all that stuff that will just waste both my and your time, I'm just gonna dive straight in. I'm here on behalf of the TW staff to just issue a huge apology to you all. Your GM's promised you something then fell off the face of the earth with no word to you guys. We promised you something that we couldn't deliver, and instead of informing you guys about what was going on, we kept you in the dark and remained silent. There's no excuse that could justify this situation. Even if, life took over, we could've at least said something to you guys, just out of common courtesy, and we didn't. It's almost been a month since we made you guys some promises and didn't keep up. Making people wait that long, especially those willing and eager to join us, is unacceptable and rude. So I apologize for that, it shouldn't have happened, but it did, so all I can say is that I'm sorry. I'm also not gonna say anything for the other GM's, but as for me, I'm going to try to do better, be a better GM, and make sure that nothing like this happens again.

Alright, now that we have that out of the way, let's move onto the next part. Roll call. So, like I said before, it's almost been a month since we gave you a deadline and said the IC would be up. That's a long time of waiting on your parts, believe me, I can understand and sympathize. So, I just want to know who of you all is still interested in continuing with us, despite all the stuff that happened, who still wants to participate? Should you choose not to join us, that's fine, I can understand too. I mean, if you lost interest and joined some other roleplay's because you lost hope in this one, I can't blame you. Hell, I'm a GM and I did the same to be completely honest. (that's sad, I know) So I'll be tagging all of you lovely folks who have been accepted, and those that expressed interest at the end of this post. So please let us know if you would like to continue.

So, where is the IC exactly? It's coming, slowly but surely I suppose. Kind of like that story the tortoise and the hare, except the IC is the tortoise and this time slow and steady is not winning the race, :D I'm not going to make any promises for when this thing will be released but you can be assured that I will be working my hardest and doing everything in my power, to make sure this IC comes out as soon as possible. I know you guys are all sick and tired of waiting, so am I. So I'm going to try to put in work so we can get this ball moving again. So, lastly, I just wanna say one more time, that I am incredibly sorry for the way you guys have been treated by us. It wasn't fair and I can't say I'm sorry enough.

@FrostedCaramel , @Noctis the Devious , @Jess Incognito , @Namora , @VocaStar , @TuttyTheFruity , @Ravenfrost , @Lackadaisical

Happy RPing!

1zzovah.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.