Transhuman Blues: The TFOS-Verse adventure world of Feiss

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was use to all manner of alien creatures and cybernetics with the years of training and service beside Lucifer. Even though, alot of these people hadn't started out looking like they did now, it didn't offset her. She could deal with the patrons and staff the way they were, the whole culture surrounding it, was something she might have to figure out.

"She is the one with information about the possible disappearances and forced augmentations then?" she asked Acura silently as she watched Fennia work.

"For now, drinks and listen perhaps... after when it is less busy we could try talking with her." she decided.

@Michale CS
"Certainly. Wish I had my rig or at least hadn't smooshed my 'corder." Acura said, following Libra's lead.

The bit they overheard first was...

"...hear she wants out but they won't let her."
"Really? I thought she didn't give a jackalope's ass about us Furries."
"I dunno, she cut her office hours and took a couple of her patients in rent-free in a building she owns, I heard. Julietta knows, she's maintenance for that complex."
"Sheiza, if cast iron bitch wants out, how bad is it with them?"
"You know the difference between ignorance and apathy, Sparks?"
"Uh..."
"I don't know and I don't care."
"True that. Keep my muzzle out of her beehive."

@Rookry

"Certainly. Wish I had my rig or at least hadn't smooshed my 'corder." Acura said, following Libra's lead.

The bit they overheard first was...

"...hear she wants out but they won't let her."
"Really? I thought she didn't give a jackalope's ass about us Furries."
"I dunno, she cut her office hours and took a couple of her patients in rent-free in a building she owns, I heard. Julietta knows, she's maintenance for that complex."
"Sheiza, if cast iron bitch wants out, how bad is it with them?"
"You know the difference between ignorance and apathy, Sparks?"
"Uh..."
"I don't know and I don't care."
"True that. Keep my muzzle out of her beehive."
"I have got that covered." she said about the recorder, tapping her head.

As to the conversation they were overhearing, she made note of the names. Forced confinement of a person was against the law, mostly anywhere... unless there were specific conditions or course... but still, it shouldn't be likely that this person had a highly contagious disease and needed quarantine... She made note to track down this Julietta they were talking about, or at least pick up more information on her and whoever this 'Cast Iron Bitch' was that they were talking about.

"Do you know anything about what they are talking about?" she asked Acura.

@Michale CS

"I have got that covered." she said about the recorder, tapping her head.

As to the conversation they were overhearing, she made note of the names. Forced confinement of a person was against the law, mostly anywhere... unless there were specific conditions or course... but still, it shouldn't be likely that this person had a highly contagious disease and needed quarantine... She made note to track down this Julietta they were talking about, or at least pick up more information on her and whoever this 'Cast Iron Bitch' was that they were talking about.

"Do you know anything about what they are talking about?" she asked Acura.

@Michale CS
"Not a clue honey. Want I go talk to the doggies?" She said breezily, still slightly inebriated.
And it was true, the two in question were... well one was most definitely an Uplift from a Collie or Sheltie dog, and the other, a human who was wearing one of the false heads, but had a small tail already implanted. Pretty much that was the first step, and for some, the only step, in becoming more animal.

Most of the rest of the conversations were of... a sexual nature, or simply discussing topics of interest to Furries and Fursuiters.

The stage was taken by a woman who was decidedly feline in nature, but just barely. The ears, a light dusting of fur over her body, and a tail, probably prehensile. She began dancing seductively and singing...

So, what did Libra do?

@Rookry

"Very nice trick, two-legs." He said. "I hope you're not here to steal anything. Reya just had the carpets cleaned from last time. But, I'm being rude. I am Zaza, and it is my job to assure Reya's things... remain hers." It stalked forward a step or two, yet made no patently aggressive moves.
Nor did Lucifer.

He just stood there, hands at his side as he looked on impassively at the tiger before inclining his head.

"Call me L."

It amused him to use another name from his childhood, one he expected would have some sort of impact in certain circles as he spoke.

"And I am not a thief."

@Michale CS

Nor did Lucifer.

He just stood there, hands at his side as he looked on impassively at the tiger before inclining his head.

"Call me L."

It amused him to use another name from his childhood, one he expected would have some sort of impact in certain circles as he spoke.

"And I am not a thief."

@Michale CS
"Hmm..." Zaza sniffed the air. "You smell sick. Were you looking for medicine perhaps? You had merely to ask. Reya does have a heart despite rumors to the contrary."

The tiger flicked his ears. "She's on her way back. Make yourself comfortable in the front room, will you? Or pass into the mist from whence you came. It matters not to me." It rumbled slightly and continued, quoting something quite ancient. "It was in a mist the Tuatha de Danaan, the people of the gods of Dana, or as some called them, the Men of Dea, came through the air and the high air to Ireland."

@Saint Guillotine

He knew that poem.

He opened his eyes wider, letting his own senses pervade into the tiger as he considered carefully before speaking aloud.

"Is there anyone else in this residence besides you?"

@Michale CS

He knew that poem.

He opened his eyes wider, letting his own senses pervade into the tiger as he considered carefully before speaking aloud.

"Is there anyone else in this residence besides you?"
"And just why would I tell you that? So you can decide whether or not it would be wise to dispatch me? Do one of the things I requested, 'L'. I'm imploring you as a fellow sentient." Zaza made no move forward, but it was quite clear to Lucifer with his senses that this was indeed a tiger, Uplifted to sentience, and fitted with it's own 'shoulder angel' but in it's ears.

It was also quite clear that it was well within pouncing distance but it chose not to do so for some reason. "Fifty four seconds until Reya's arrival, L. Plenty of time to make a mess if that is your goal. I must say you are the most polite intruder I've ever had the opportunity to meet."

@Saint Guillotine

"Because if I am here? Its for them."

Lucifer gave up a little of his information in kind, a specter in black as he stared at the tiger. Mundane animals weren't the worse foe he had to face, but it wasn't a fight he was here for. So he inclined his head and added.

"Or....Perhaps its something else entirely. The real reason they're here."

He looked past the tiger, eyes pulsating briefly with power as he scoured for heat sources.

"....She's protecting them, isn't she."

It wasn't a question.

@Michale CS

"Or....Perhaps its something else entirely. The real reason they're here."

He looked past the tiger, eyes pulsating briefly with power as he scoured for heat sources.

"....She's protecting them, isn't she."

It wasn't a question.
"Soo... this one has some snake in him, yes? He can tell they are here. Not in Reya's home, but in this building. Not that walls prevent him from going where he wishes. If he wishes to end them, I am instructed to stop him. Please don't wish this, I prefer my fur... unbloodied." Zaza crouched and the tension in those muscles were visible even if one didn't have Damphir senses.

There were several heat signatures, past walls and as of now, moving away. Down. Out of Lucifer's range of sensing heat.

"Forty seconds. Please, the front room, or leave. I shan't ask another time. It's not a hard task, is it?" The tiger kept his eyes on Lucifer, tail twitching.

@Saint Guillotine

More bat then snake. Though he didn't share this information aloud. He had more important things to worry on...Such as the heat signature moving away. If that was the case? There was a few things to do....First of which would be dealing with the tiger as he turned his gaze back and spoke.

"I think I will talk to your friend. In exchange, I would ask that you inform those seeking to leave to wait? I seek answers, not blood. Not yours...Not theirs....Not hers."

He turned his back in a gesture of trust and headed for the room indicated, taking a seat and perfectly at his leisure as he reached a hand into his jacket pocket, pulling out a pack of gum....Before hesitating and putting it back, his hand going back to the rest of the chair he had sat down in.

@Michale CS

"I think I will talk to your friend. In exchange, I would ask that you inform those seeking to leave to wait? I seek answers, not blood. Not yours...Not theirs....Not hers."

He turned his back in a gesture of trust and headed for the room indicated, taking a seat and perfectly at his leisure as he reached a hand into his jacket pocket, pulling out a pack of gum....Before hesitating and putting it back, his hand going back to the rest of the chair he had sat down in.

@Michale CS

"Thank you." He trotted along and sat about six feet from him, on his haunches. "They've gone as far as they're going to." Zaza said, casually grooming himself with a large paw.

Moments later, the door swung open, then shut.

Dr. Harmond was just inside, staring at Lucifer intently for a moment, and then raising a brow as if in recognition. One hand was in a pocket, and she edged her way around toward Zaza. "You see, machines can be circumvented, which is why I don't keep an alarm system. But a good guard, worth far more. Even if the guard fails, there will be evidence left behind."

She took a seat in a chair opposite Lucifer, and cocked her head. "Before we continue, tell me why you chose to infiltrate my home rather that simply asking me questions? That would go a long way towards earning enough trust for me to answer your questions in a meaningful way."

@Saint Guillotine

"I wasn't sure if I could trust you."

Lucifer said bluntly, one legged crossed as he rested, perfectly at ease as he looked at her.

"I'm representing a party, interested in certain events regarding this city. The only problem is the level of...Discretion required, as some of these targets of scrutiny hold key positions. You were first on my list, as you lacked the higher level of security I might have dealt with for the others. I certainly didn't expect your friend, nor the information he let slipped. Had I wanted..."

He looked the good doctor in the eye and let a trickle of power flood through them, the quasi-hypnotic touch just palpable enough to be measured as he said evenly.

"I could have simply took out your guard in a manner that would have evaded noticed- And then dealt with you when you walked in. But his loyalty and words prompted me to take a chance on you. So tell me Doctor."

He cocked his head to the side.

"What can you tell me of Ari Bogasian and Fiona Jaye?"

@Michale CS

"I wasn't sure if I could trust you."

"I could have simply took out your guard in a manner that would have evaded noticed- And then dealt with you when you walked in. But his loyalty and words prompted me to take a chance on you. So tell me Doctor."

He cocked his head to the side.

"What can you tell me of Ari Bogasian and Fiona Jaye?"

@Michale CS
"Well, Mister Anghelscu, I know you aren't the type to do things unprovoked. Don't be surprised, I'm a genius, wired to the infonet, and went to a rival school near the time you were at yours. Yes, I know who you are. Everyone at NEA for years after your graduation knew who you were. The one who helped the Arbitration become so successful, the one who helped Neo Tokyo fend off the demon attack two years later. When I first saw you through the neural link between Zaza and myself, I verified your biometrics, then told him to stand down, but sent my patients to a safe place nonetheless."

She folded her hands in her lap, unfazed outwardly, but the amount of information she'd just given him was testament to the sway he had with his abilities.

"So, now that the cards are on the table..." Reya cocked her head, and continued. "Bogasian is a brute. A crude hack, and a sociopath. If it doesn't make him money he's not interested. Jaye..."

She shook her head. "She scares me, and I don't scare easily. I took this job so I could continue helping to Uplift patients or to help those who identify as animals do so in a prejudice-free environment. I knew she'd give me free reign, but once I realized how... odd, Jaye is, I knew that I'd have to get out, eventually, and also that it wouldn't be easy. I hope you have been as discrete as you have been since breaking into my home since your arrival on Feiss. If not, my life may be quite short now. Would you care for some tea?"

@Saint Guillotine

"Well, Mister Anghelscu, I know you aren't the type to do things unprovoked. Don't be surprised, I'm a genius, wired to the infonet, and went to a rival school near the time you were at yours. Yes, I know who you are. Everyone at NEA for years after your graduation knew who you were. The one who helped the Arbitration become so successful, the one who helped Neo Tokyo fend off the demon attack two years later. When I first saw you through the neural link between Zaza and myself, I verified your biometrics, then told him to stand down, but sent my patients to a safe place nonetheless."

She folded her hands in her lap, unfazed outwardly, but the amount of information she'd just given him was testament to the sway he had with his abilities.
He blinked, the only outward expression of surprise.

"I....Was unaware I was known this far out from Terra."

A testament to information on the infonet he supposed, but a little vexing. Perhaps he should invest in contacts? At any rate, he listened carefully to the rest.
"Bogasian is a brute. A crude hack, and a sociopath. If it doesn't make him money he's not interested. Jaye..."

She shook her head. "She scares me, and I don't scare easily. I took this job so I could continue helping to Uplift patients or to help those who identify as animals do so in a prejudice-free environment. I knew she'd give me free reign, but once I realized how... odd, Jaye is, I knew that I'd have to get out, eventually, and also that it wouldn't be easy. I hope you have been as discrete as you have been since breaking into my home since your arrival on Feiss. If not, my life may be quite short now. Would you care for some tea?"
"None for me, thank you. So what do your...Refugees you're harboring have to do with all this?"

He asked, interested now as he put his mind to the problem. Most higher forms of technical thought was still somewhat of a challenge...It was what Libra was for, in their partnership. But war and tactics? Oh, he knew this game very well.

@Michale CS

He blinked, the only outward expression of surprise.

"I....Was unaware I was known this far out from Terra."
"I've only been here a year and a half, and as I said, I went to a school in the same country about the same time you were there. Not just another school, a school that thought they should have been picked for the Arbitration over NTHS. Why, we're old school rivals, you and I, Lucifer. I can call you Lucifer can't i?"

"None for me, thank you. So what do your...Refugees you're harboring have to do with all this?"
"I'm undoing Bogasian's hack jobs if you must know. He does cyber and Uplift work, other than what he does officially. Not illegal, but since he works cheaper than the Center, or even my practice, he gets business. And when things go wrong with his hybrid program, he either ships them off or... they disappear. And since the only on-planet law enforcement is corporate run... people don't look for missing people too hard on Feiss." She shook her head and Zaza made a deep growl of disapproval in response, as a bot rolled in with tea on a tray for Reya.

@Saint Guillotine

"L if you please. I'd rather my name not be used as often as possible, if only out of habit."

He said simply as he closed his eyes, considering.

"...What sort of problems do his...Customers get from his work?"

@Michale CS

"L if you please. I'd rather my name not be used as often as possible, if only out of habit."

He said simply as he closed his eyes, considering.

"...What sort of problems do his...Customers get from his work?"

@Michale CS
"He takes shortcuts with the bio-engineering side by using cyberware to make up for it. Like for a Neko, he'll do the treatment that grows the fur, as that's a one-and-done treatment, but he'll simply replace the human ears with cyberware neko ears and do direct cortical input from the top of the skull. Which is fine, if you take all the safety precautions and use top of the line parts - which he doesn't. I've a now deaf girl here that I'm trying to rehabilitate from his butchery. She was all out of money after she paid for his procedure. He was going to 'fix' her problem but she got nervous that it went wrong the first time, which is a good thing, because if he couldn't fix it cheaply, it's pretty likely she'd just be another missing person." She spat out, shaking her head after taking a sip of her tea.

"But he's a brute placed high in the corporate-run government here. Uplift runs everything, in one fashion or another. If I bail out of here, I'd be leaving people to... the treatment they may get here, and I'd be slandered so badly by the time I dropped out of hyperspace anywhere I could use my talents that I'd end up, if I was lucky, as a paper-pusher for a hospital or managed care plan." Reya shrugged. "So, I do what I can, and work within their system. And don't make waves. Bogasian thinks I'm doing the same kind of street surgery he is, and I'd like to keep it that way, unless you can bust this whole thing wide open. I'm sure it's more than just him, but I'm a fan of living so I'm not about to go digging around."

@Saint Guillotine

"And no one can complain within the system, due to the power such companies wield out here."

He said with a frown. No wonder they needed an investigation, what they needed was the evidence to be flung wide open rather then bits and pieces. Anything less would be dangerous and what evidence that would be found, would be 'lost' on accident if things were as she said.

He rose up and paced silently, arms crossed before he asked.

"So whats his relationship to Jaye?"

@Michale CS

"And no one can complain within the system, due to the power such companies wield out here."

He said with a frown. No wonder they needed an investigation, what they needed was the evidence to be flung wide open rather then bits and pieces. Anything less would be dangerous and what evidence that would be found, would be 'lost' on accident if things were as she said.

He rose up and paced silently, arms crossed before he asked.

"So whats his relationship to Jaye?"

@Michale CS
"Teacher's pet." Reya said, with more than a little disgust. "Jaye is beyond brilliant- especially in genetics. She makes leaps that even I have a hard time following, and I'm a genius, maxing out any IQ test I've ever taken."

She sipped her tea again and sighed. "He's willing to do whatever she asks when she sets out a special project. That might be where you want to check first for a paper trail, the Special Projects Division. Jaye and I aren't exactly on the best terms, which is why I never signed onto Uplift proper, and I decided to go work the hospital instead. I only know about the division because of some of the patients I've seen who came from there. By and large, the work is done well, and they come to me for minor fixes that I can do more cheaply than going through Uplift. But that's of the official work done. Who knows what exactly is going on in Special Projects."

@Saint Guillotine

Last edited:
"What exactly is the open purpose of Special Projects? And where are they situated?"

He asked, hands clasped together now in deep thought.

@Michale CS

Status
Not open for further replies.