Transhuman Blues: The TFOS-Verse adventure world of Feiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's just as street rumor. I hear things, but I'm not a cop. That's... your job." She stabbed a finger in the direction of Libra, and tapped the bottom of her glass. A few numbers appeared on the rim, presumably a deduction of credits, and the glass refilled itself. An interesting little trick and it only worked if you had it on the 'coaster' on the table, which infused the glass via nanotech from below.

Acura picked up the drink and took another swig. "I can take you to a furry bar, if you want. They'd be the ones going missing, so that'd be a good place to look for clues."

@Saint Guillotine @Rookry

".......Did you want some?"

He asked politely in the direction of Libra. She had been eyeing his steak for a bit now, and while he had no idea how her sense of taste figured? He was willing to share, as it were. That said, he was more primarily nowadays an agent to be pointed in a direction.

He then considered the offer, before finally making his decision.

"Perhaps we can split? One of us visits this bar, the other heads to one of our suspects residents or workplace to do a little reconnaissance?"

@Rookry @Michale CS

"No thank you." she politely declined the offer of steakthatmayhavebeensomebodyatonepointifhersuspicionswerecorrect....

As for the idea of splitting up, she knew Lucifer well enough to know he could handle alot of abuse the universe could throw at him. So while she was hesitant about not being around to possibly protect him if need be, it may be the best option.

"Agreed. Which one will you take?" she asked Lucifer.

@Michale CS @Saint Guillotine

"I'll take either of you to the furry bar. Just make up your minds eh?" She sipped a bit more of the drink then shoved it aside, and ordered a coffee. That was one beverage they made fresh here and brought to your table, oddly. Coffee didn't replicate well. At least avid drinkers of it swore it tasted horrible when not actually brewed from fresh beans.

@Saint Guillotine @Rookry

"You can attend the bar. I'm more distinctive- Liable to stand out. You on the other hand, will be able to blend in more. People will more remember the pretty face than anything."

He finished his steak and dabbed his mouth with a napkin.

"I'm ready."

@Michale CS @Rookry

"Right!" she said with a smile as their choices were made. She was more happy that everything was seemingly progressing smoothly than the complement of her looks that went over her head. She more oft than not didn't pick up on complements unless she was actually fishing for them...

"Should I... Accessorize?" she asked Acura making her hands into little ears for her head.

@Michale CS @Saint Guillotine

"Fake ears would definitely make you blend in. And a tail too, if you're going that way. I'm just going to go as is, and be 'fur-curious' tonight. I'm sure you could figure out what animal you identify with for your furry-dom?" Acura asked, sipping at the coffee and transferring it to a to-go cup, dispensed right from the table itself.

"Good luck with your investigation as well, Lucifer." she added.

So, which of the three suspects was Lucifer going to try first? It was early evening after all, and most of these people wouldn't be at their workplaces... or maybe it was the workplaces he was going to investigate, sans people?

@Rookry
@Saint Guillotine

He headed up for the room he and Libra shared, going right for his bag as he flung out the longcoat in the style he'd worn since high school.

What, it was a really nice style.

Not the same one obviously, that one was destroyed when he flung it in the eyes of a gundark to blind it for his attack. No, this one was new...And honestly, putting it on gave him the mindset he needed. Halfblood he was, but some instincts were too strong to suppress completely. And if ever he needed all his vampiric instincts, it was now.

Night fell and Lucifer phased through the hotel window, flying out in a swarm of bats as he headed out for the lowest on the totem pole...If only because she'd be easier to get information out of.

@Michale CS @Rookry

-- At "Furends", the Furry Bar --
a_furry_bar_by_hypercat_z-d368wzz.gif

Acura and Libra arrived at the bar, and it might have been a little more over the top than even Libra thought. Most of the patrons were either surgically altered or wearing the latest in animatronic heads so that Libra would have to look with other senses rather than standard sight to determine which were which. Acura herself was playing the part of the newbie, clinging to Libra's arm and looking around in feigned rapt wonder. She leaned in to whisper. "That fox lady who delivers the drinks, Fennia, she's the one whose name shows up the most in blogs and other Furry related publications. She actually owns the place but prefers to be out on the floor doing waitress work for some reason. She's most likely to talk, but then she's the most visible... you could try some other regulars, or just listen in for awhile."

@Rookry
-- At Dr. Harmond's Residence --
Lucifer arrived at the small complex - four homes with adjoining walls. The whole building was in her name and according to the Emerald City she had renters on the books for two of the other three homes. They were simply overly large split level apartments, with a main room, bathroom, and kitchen on the bottom floor, and two bedrooms (one with a Master Bath) and a study on the top floor.

How does he enter, or does he simply come up to the door and knock?

@Saint Guillotine

-- At Dr. Harmond's Residence --
Lucifer arrived at the small complex - four homes with adjoining walls. The whole building was in her name and according to the Emerald City she had renters on the books for two of the other three homes. They were simply overly large split level apartments, with a main room, bathroom, and kitchen on the bottom floor, and two bedrooms and a study on the top floor.

How does he enter, or does he simply come up to the door and knock?

@Saint Guillotine
Lucifer considered carefully....And then used his shoulder phone implant, calling the number. As soon as it rang, he spoke with a broad, Kansai accent.

"Hi there! Sorry to call at a bad time, but I was wondering if any of your residences are up for rental? And if so, would it be alright if I come over to check them out tomorrow?"

@Michale CS

Lucifer considered carefully....And then used his shoulder phone implant, calling the number. As soon as it rang, he spoke with a broad, Kansai accent.

"Hi there! Sorry to call at a bad time, but I was wondering if any of your residences are up for rental? And if so, would it be alright if I come over to check them out tomorrow?"

@Michale CS
"Yes, one is available. There is an issue I have to tell you about, and that is one of the units is currently rented out to a patient of mine, who is undergoing major DNA reassignment, so now and then there may be episodes where it gets rather noisy for a time, unless I'm available to administer treatment. If you're out during the daylight hours it shouldn't be an issue, however. Whom might I inquire is calling?" Harmond said. Her voice was even, professional and nearly monotone in it's delivery.

@Saint Guillotine

"Yes, one is available. There is an issue I have to tell you about, and that is one of the units is currently rented out to a patient of mine, who is undergoing major DNA reassignment, so now and then there may be episodes where it gets rather noisy for a time, unless I'm available to administer treatment. If you're out during the daylight hours it shouldn't be an issue, however. Whom might I inquire is calling?" Harmond said. Her voice was even, professional and nearly monotone in it's delivery.

@Saint Guillotine
"Seto Satsuki ma'am! So tomorrow for sure, so I can come in- Around midday say?"

He asked, in the same accent with a questioning air.

@Michale CS

"Seto Satsuki ma'am! So tomorrow for sure, so I can come in- Around midday say?"

He asked, in the same accent with a questioning air.
"Ah... well, that's the issue, see. I'll be at work midday. Are you perhaps somewhere nearby? I've just returned from work, but if you don't mind meeting me at the Coffee Cow at the corner of 39th and Comet, I could discuss with you? I could be there in perhaps twenty minutes." Hammond replied, moving to her window, and peeking out the slats of the blinds on one of the windows, looking for any new vehicles out front, or anyone standing obviously around.

@Saint Guillotine

There she was.

Line of sight, confirmed.

"Thats perfect! I'll see you there, traffic pending! Be sure to get one o' them cakes too? If you spring for snacks, I'm willing to buy the coffee!"

As to where he was hiding?

Lucifer would be across the street, hiding in the shadows upon a rooftop. Centuries of instinct, a life of experience and a natural talent all enabling him to prepare him for this part. If she took the bait.

@Michale CS

"Sure. I'll be there shortly, Mister Seto." She ended the call, closing the slats and moving over to the small garage, starting up the little two-seater autocar.

As she sat, she called out, "Take me to Coffee Cow" to the vehicle's AI, and the garage door irised away as the autocar backed soundlessly out of the garage and made it's way onto the street.

Taking the car would make her there in about five minutes, counting finding a parking spot, not twenty as she said. So, Dr. Harmond wanted to be there before the person she'd just been talking to on the phone.

There must be a reason for that.

@Saint Guillotine

Lucifer didn't really care. The real objective was getting her out of the house.

He crouched and leaped, landing on the rooftop as he began searching for the power cables. If any were around, he'd peer at the system before attempting to reroute the power and shut down the residence, for at least five minutes.

All in preparation for his next move.

@Michale CS

Lucifer didn't really care. The real objective was getting her out of the house.

He crouched and leaped, landing on the rooftop as he began searching for the power cables. If any were around, he'd peer at the system before attempting to reroute the power and shut down the residence, for at least five minutes.

All in preparation for his next move.

@Michale CS
Power would be an issue. Solar collectors on the roof and broadcast power from the local Tesla station for the rest, just like the rest of this upscale neighborhood. There was an emergency override, however, that would shut off all non-essential systems and leave things like medical equipment and refrigeration units on (via the solar collector), but that wouldn't be on the roof, but at the smart meter near the side door. There was no sign of any security system that he could see, and the fact that she peered through a window seemed to indicate she didn't have a door-cam.

His enhanced senses, however, were picking up noises of movement, most assuredly coming from inside Harmond's part of the quad-plex. Someone else was in that unit at the moment, whom hadn't been seen yet.

@Saint Guillotine

Well then.

He'll have to risk it.

He phased down through the roof, hoping she didn't have cold iron in the walls. From that point, he'd be well in his element as a natural predator. Divergence of power would have been great, but this would have to do.

All he had to do was carefully, avoid any cameras around as well as people.

@Michale CS

-- At "Furends", the Furry Bar --
a_furry_bar_by_hypercat_z-d368wzz.gif

Acura and Libra arrived at the bar, and it might have been a little more over the top than even Libra thought. Most of the patrons were either surgically altered or wearing the latest in animatronic heads so that Libra would have to look with other senses rather than standard sight to determine which were which. Acura herself was playing the part of the newbie, clinging to Libra's arm and looking around in feigned rapt wonder. She leaned in to whisper. "That fox lady who delivers the drinks, Fennia, she's the one whose name shows up the most in blogs and other Furry related publications. She actually owns the place but prefers to be out on the floor doing waitress work for some reason. She's most likely to talk, but then she's the most visible... you could try some other regulars, or just listen in for awhile."

She was use to all manner of alien creatures and cybernetics with the years of training and service beside Lucifer. Even though, alot of these people hadn't started out looking like they did now, it didn't offset her. She could deal with the patrons and staff the way they were, the whole culture surrounding it, was something she might have to figure out.

"She is the one with information about the possible disappearances and forced augmentations then?" she asked Acura silently as she watched Fennia work.

"For now, drinks and listen perhaps... after when it is less busy we could try talking with her." she decided.

@Michale CS

Well then.

He'll have to risk it.

He phased down through the roof, hoping she didn't have cold iron in the walls. From that point, he'd be well in his element as a natural predator. Divergence of power would have been great, but this would have to do.

All he had to do was carefully, avoid any cameras around as well as people.

@Michale CS
No cold iron. No warning klaxons of an obvious alarm system, no guard- wait, scratch that last. Padding around the corner, came the guard, so swiftly and silently that even his reflexes weren't enough to dodge out of the way before being spotted.

An amused rumble which could probably be considered a chuckle issued from him.

165533777.jpg

"Very nice trick, two-legs." He said. "I hope you're not here to steal anything. Reya just had the carpets cleaned from last time. But, I'm being rude. I am Zaza, and it is my job to assure Reya's things... remain hers." It stalked forward a step or two, yet made no patently aggressive moves.

@Saint Guillotine

Status
Not open for further replies.