Transhuman Blues: The TFOS-Verse adventure world of Feiss

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nope. I got a table for us down here in the restaurant. Figured you two were doing important universe-saving stuff so I let it go a little past two hours before I bugged you. I'll be down here when you're ready. Take your time." She replied, and from the looks of it, she was already having a good time herself, with one hand on a drink that one could assume was alcoholic.

@Saint Guillotine @Rookry

A little frown crossed her face as Acura hung up "She is inebriated, or close to it..." she commented.

"We should go though, before anything happens..." anything could happen when it came to Organics absorbing Ethanol based beverages. It tended to make them much more chaotic in nature, throwing off her usual social predictive algorithms.

@Michale CS @Saint Guillotine

He responded swiftly with a smile.

"Alright, we'll see you downstairs."

He hung up quickly, gave Libra a quick brush to make sure and rose up, tossing the brush on the bed as he prepared to go down.

@Rookry @Michale CS

Acura met them as they came downstairs, out of her usual reporter's rig - in fact no visible recording device was on her. Except what Libra was detecting - her contact lenses were linked to something in her pocket, probably some sort of recorder.

"Glad you could make it. I hope you don't mind me starting the party early, just one Ganymede Punch to get me going. We're in vacation mode here, and I don't have to be on duty round the clock, so why not? They've got a good variety of food here, and it's pretty reasonable, as hotels go."​

With a smile she greeted Acura "We are glad to be here Miss Acura. It seems that we too are in 'Vacation Mode' with our ship damaged as it is." she'd gotten that little white lie down pat in her subroutines. "And yes, the bellhop delivered some unusual beverages to our room. Claiming to be tailored to our physiologies. I do not think they missed their scans that I am not organic... so it has me wondering how such a beverage would work on me..." she was indeed curious.

While she was talking however, she silently sent Lucifer an encoded transmission just giving him a heads up about Acura's recording device.

It seemed to be his fate, surrounded by blondes. Honestly, it surprised him to see her dressed thus. And with an inner sigh as he sat down, he reached a hand to Libra's and squeezed briefly before he looked at the two.

"I won't lie- Its nice to have some vacation time as it is. Too much in the deeper regions, makes someone forget the lighter things of life."

@Michale CS @Rookry

"I don't really get vacation. I just choose my hours. I'm on this planet until I can get a few pages of description for it for The Guide. I don't know of any job that would pay me to drink, party, gamble or whatever the locals do for entertainment. Can't complain about no vacation when the job essentially is one, huh?" She grinned and sipped at her drink again.

"And Libra, I am assuming they could make something here to get anyone drunk, even you. Might be worth a go, eh? How often are you going to get the chance? And you're not working, right?"

That settled it then... She was going to have a drink of whatever it was once she got back to the room. "I will have to put that to the test then..." she chuckled as she thought through the possible outcomes.

"Yes, it would be nice to have days off like this. We get so little actual vacation time, which is hard to take given the distances involved, and travel times." she caught the barb on the last thing Acura said, noted it, and absolutely did not go near addressing it. She wouldn't hook this Android for information!

"Not me. I hadn't drank since my school years."

Lucifer confessed, having always eschewed most substances like that. Blood was bad enough. Speaking of which, his steak tartar had arrived. About the closest thing he could get to the real thing and enough to blunt the edge of his hunger as he sighed out at the taste.

"Seems like a long time ago now, to be frank."

@Michale CS @Rookry

"It has been. After a fashion. Of course none of us here have to worry overmuch about a few years going by, yes?" Acura said, when her order arrived. It was some monstrosity that seemed to be composed of some sort of pasta, a thick brown meat sauce, onions, and melted cheese.

"Aw yeah, Thyraxian Delight. Also known as Chili and Spaghetti on Terra, in case you're wondering. When I saw this on the menu I about had a palpitation. It's been since my time on Terra that I've had this." She dug in, but somehow gracefully.

After a moment she stopped to look up. "So, how long are you going to be around? Just long enough for the repairs to be done and that's it? Maybe we could do some reminiscing about old times? Have you seen your cousin lately, since she's gone Galactic?" Lucifer's cousin had indeed 'gone galactic' in that her performances were now not just being seen on Terra, but on many places throughout the Galaxy. She'd become a celebrity, albeit a minor one. "Or how about the Ambassador? Well, unless you've been back to Terra I guess not, she's probably not going to leave until things change politically on Aoqua for her."

@Rookry @Saint Guillotine

Being an android with synth skin also came with the, what some would consider a double edged perk of needing to intake raw materials to maintain it's close to organic structure. Her material storage bays were nearly fully stocked however, and could stay that way for months on end if she didn't take too much damage or weathering. All she requested was some water, and a basic dish of chon. A staple of new colonies and far flung outposts, a simple organic mixture of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen, easy enough to break down and put to use wherever needed, but by all accounts tasted like.... well... nothing worth mentioning.

That double edged perk was at it again though, she could make even charcoal taste good to herself. She could never truly know what the taste of a filet mignon, or chocolates, or such other delicacies. But then again, she would never have to taste bad cooking...

She listened to the conversation, having nothing to add at this point, but following along in case she did...

"I hadn't been back to earth in a few years. Most news I get is usually through secondhand accounts."

Same with the musical scene, though he always made it a point to send holo-letters. To all of them, really.

Save one. He kept those letters all locked up tightly in his foot locker, storing them as soon as he finished.

"Why, whats going on exactly?"

@Michale CS @Rookry

"Were you around for the Kyoto incident?" She asked. "Well, I'm sure your partner can fill you in if not. She's being seen as some sort of messiah or savior of her people, by some, and as a traitor and pariah by others. There's mixed feelings on a Aoquan mixing completely with the water table of an alien planet. Now they're all on two sides - some see it as evolution, others as blasphemy. Things are really tense there, it's almost a civil war. The closest thing that the Aoquans have to religion is when they merge into Aoqua's oceans, and now that some of them are doing it on other planets, it's really caused a lot of turmoil. As of right now... well, any Aoquan that has done it isn't being allowed to reproduce - or if they do, their progeny aren't going to be considered citizens. That's in the courts now, battling for the right to do that and not be disowned."

The reporter shrugged. "I'm not a political reporter but I follow that story. I follow everyone I met in Neo Tokyo as best I can." Truth be told she probably spoke so much because of being partially drunk.

She frowned at that, still she couldn't understand the odd concept of a religion, well, she could to an extent... Simply put, it was a hypothesis, perhaps to some the most important hypothesis. However, with so many variables, one would be forced to take their hypothesis as either fact or fiction until such a time as can be proven or disproven... What eluded her though, was why people had to fight over it.

With a sigh to express her emotion on the subject she stated "Why can people not just get along?"

He had left for space and training at Star Command at the time. Kyoto was still a dark stain on his heart, when he discovered what had happened...And who had been there.

It wasn't a time he much enjoyed truthfully to recall, until the day an anchor in the form of Libra appeared.

So he simply closed his eyes peacefully as he sighed out and spoke.

"Would that they could....But if that were so, people like us would not be needed anywhere."

@Michale CS @Rookry

"Thankfully, people like me would still be needed even if it weren't so confrontational out there. Telling people what places are like is always going to be needed." Acura said, taking another sip.

"Feh, I can't do this." She reached into her pocket and at that moment Libra realized that the recording feed stopped.

"I was gonna try to see if I could figure out what you were up to by recording what we said tonight, but I don't think I want to do that now. I'm just trying to find more fluff to put into the Guide at the end of the day, but in the meanwhile, if, say, you were actually investigating something and not just on vacation, I could help you, entirely off the record, simply because I consider you friends." She plopped the small credit-card sized recorder on the table and slammed her fist on it, cracking the delicate thing.
"No listening in, no looking at your biometrics - I'm so tired of always being on-duty all the time that I think I'm going to allow myself an adventure - And maybe, just maybe, once it's all over, I'll have more information to drop into my entry."

"How's that?" She said, setting her drink on top of the broken recorder, using it as a coaster.

@Rookry @Saint Guillotine

It had been a trying time for her as well after school. With all the developments and events that had dogged them growing up... it was hard when their old comrades in arms started drifting away to work on their own lives. She had attempted to keep up Lucifers work within New Tokyo for a time, but she had found that the next generation of students were taking it more and more upon their shoulders. She had missed the Kyoto events entirely, having retreated into herself to try and figure out what she should do with her life. It had been a wakeup call of sorts when she did hear about it.

But as Acura smashed her recording device.... She looked to Lucifer for his opinion on what to do about this development. They could use an ally here. There were too many unknowns that they were confronting at the moment. Had whatever organization they were hunting infiltrated or bought off the worlds police force? Did they have their own intelligence network in place to counter attempts like this mission? If so, then how broad was it? How well developed was it? Were any potential witnesses co-opted somehow? If they approach them, would they knowingly or accidentally inform on this mission?

With a rock like Acura on their side, a known variable from their past... it would be nice to not have to worry as much.

However, Lucifer was Lead Agent on this mission. It was his call...

Lucifer nodded, once.

"As it is, we could use a local contact for this. If it works, we'll have done some good...If not, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it."

He took it on faith as he squeezed Libra's hand, taking comfort in the physical contact before he looked at Acura.

"Alright. What do you have in regards to current events now?"

@Michale CS @Rookry

"There's three main groups out there, as far as philosophies go. There's the folks who are true animal advocates, who believe that if we have the means to elevate new races to sentience that we're morally obligated to do so. There are those who they themselves identify as animals and wish to become them, and I'm including those sentients that find the anthropomorphic sexually attractive, and then..." Acura sighed.

"Then there's the Moreaus. Scientists who are advancing and Uplifting just for the sake of doing it, for 'science' as it were. Of course, there are people on the fringe of all of these groups, as well. And people accused of being one affiliation or another out of whatever reasons people ever slander each other. The skinny of it is... There's rumors of people being changed without wanting it, of people disappearing, and of course, a lot of animals are bred here or shipped in every day, but it seems a lot of them must leave too, because, well if they've been doing it at this rate for two decades, either a lot are leaving, or dying."

Acura was really verbose when she was drunk.

Last edited:
Well, they had intel on at least one person who could be behind the Leaving aspect of the disappearances. The ex-ranger Ari Bogasian, could be disposing of the extra persons, by shipping them out as a slave army. Another concern, about their possible disposal methods, meat was meat, and when you could genetically alter a subject......

She looked at the Steak Lucifer was eating...

"Well, is there anyone around, that we might talk to about the potential unwilling alterations?" she asked Acura.

Status
Not open for further replies.