Transform me, save me (( SS and Fliris ))

Jon tilted his head and half-turned to face Ann sideways. The crimson blush of both shame and attraction might as well switch to sunset hues at that suggestion. "Very well then, let's be indecent riff raff together," he joked to diffuse the tension before steam blew from his ears like a whistle. The pajama tee shirt went off overhead. Good diet, stationary activities rather than physical, the two factors combined to form not a pound of fat, but no bulky muscle either. Neither a target to be pushed around, nor a rock idol or one who had ever picked up a dumbbell in his life. At least the abs were flat as a book cover rather than flabby even though they were far from a rolling six-pack. "I assure you, my view even for a single second was better than yours is now," he complimented sincerely, figuring himself a 5 or 6 to the blond's 9 or 10 thrilling looks.

When he pulled the plain t shirt over his head,though he was not ripped like Austin, he still had a nice slim figure. She did not let her eyes rest too long on his body. She turned to grab the apple and sit in the desk chair."Well shouldn't you be off to school?"She asked. She heard a sound from her purse and saw it was a text message from Austin , one of around forty. She started to shake as she read the gradually more violent texts. She started to freak out and breath much too fast. "He said he was looking for me...and when he does find me. ..." She couldn't bear to remember the pain inducing actions he had described. "I-i cant leave today....he'll kill me when he finds me..." She put the phone on the desk and slumps her shoulders over with her elbows on her knees and her head drooping in her hands. Her golden blonde hair cascading down either side.

He blanched. Stunned, the Asian first picked up the cell from the desk, fiddled with his thumbs through the semi-familiar menus until he flipped through the messages. Jon rubbed Ann's back and attempted to make it comforting; there was no way he wished he had more experience with disastrous situations but at the very least it would have been nice knowing what to do about people. After only a few texts from the most recent end he let out a low whistle. "Not just a violent brute, but a cretin as well."

Clumsily, Jon drew those blonde locks back, still didn't meet Ann's downcast gaze, so knelt and did the same – now looking up at her and holding her face carefully as he held the cascading screen of hair to either side. "I'm sorry, Ann, but anyone who would make those bruises would say those things as well. Enough's enough, this needs to go to the police. On top of all other proof, we have this in print."

She looked deeply into his eyes when he kneeled before her. "Just tell me what we need to do." She placed her hands on top of his on either side of her face. "Please,Jon. Help me get away from him." Her dark blue eyes locked with his dark brown ones.

The sheltered one sighed along with her touch. Responsibility. Stress. Just yesterday he was to the point of cracking and that was before crimes, abuse, and mortal peril. And the more experienced girl who'd actually been living on her own had asked him what to do about this crazy world. How could Jonann Sebastian possibly rise to this? Nevertheless, maybe she just needed a rational head. Yes, that he could do.

Very tenderly and softly, he spoke. "Ann, you gave up so much for Austin, and I know it's because you had good reasons back then or you wouldn't have done all that. But now he's become THIS, and the only thing that matters is getting your own life better as much as possible. First, we tell the police about all of it. Second, talk to your family again. You've changed, and maybe they have too."

She sighed and lightly touched her forehead to his
"I just don't think my parents will give me or even you the time of day."She looked up at him. You need to get to school. I guess I can hide out here until you get home? " she asked playing with a piece of his jet black hair.

It was all he could do to control his breathing and tempo of heartbeat. This beautiful, amazingly resilient girl was practically kissing him, he still had his shirt off from the little demonstration she'd requested, and the practically-grown-woman was hiding out in his room of all places. Why, why couldn't such a dream come true take place without this crisis also? Jon cleared his throat and spoke carefully.

"Before we call either one, you should promise to yourself. Austin is DONE. Even if he says nice things later, even if there is begging or more threats, he's finished as far as you're concerned. If you think he might be around, don't ever run and hide, but do RUN to where there are a lot of people. Every single one of them will be your shield and your witness. Scream. Resist - you have nothing to lose by damaging him back! Don't go quietly."

Jon finished reciting his advice from back when he'd been expected to absorb more well-rounded training before shedding all tangential pursuits and getting focused like a laser instead. Jon had simply meant to tell Ann to make her break from Austin in her mind before she made her break out loud to police and family, but he'd kept going, stuck with the horrible mental picture of Ann coming across the savage while he was at school or she were at work. With the wrong instincts, hiding someplace secluded like a stairwell and getting hunted down and cornered in private was the worst outcome possible.

"Can you say swear that he can't beg or scare you into going with him again, Ann?"

She nodded her head to his instructions. "Yes. I am tired of the abuse, and neglect." She said standing up and pulling him up to stand with her. " You are an amazing man. No one would have come to my rescue and helped me. No one cares enough." She pulled him in for a tight hug, feeling his warm bare skin on her cheek. She slowly looked up into his eyes, her soft peach colored lips her less than an inch away. She looked in his eyes and saw a boy who was caring, kind, and begging for freedom. She closed her eyes and leaned forward. She pressed her lips directly on his. Once he relaxed she slipped her tongue in his mouth and explored its crevasses. She could taste his mint toothpaste. She had to stand on her tip toes to wrap her arms around his thin neck. She pulled back and looked at the now wide-eyed boy. She smiled and placed her cheek over his pounding heart. 'To think I met this boy yesterday....I think I'm falling for him...'

Jon was utterly captivated; there was no anythingelseintheworld except the connection between himself and Ann. Her lips were so soft, alive against his. And then when her tongue met and danced against his it was unlike anything else in his life. All of a sudden the teen putting himself through such a fireworks-inducing trip was finished, leaving Jon to come back down to Earth. 'First kiss. And after only a not-date of dessert and library, too.'

Ann's head on Jon's bare chest, the timing couldn't be worse for Johann Sebastian Takahashi's mother to check on why her son hadn't come to breakfast. At no reason to knock even if her high school male had been changing, the 46-year old Asian woman made it one step into the room, froze in fury, and stormed forward like a bull that had seen the red of her own livid face. Shrieking in Japanese followed, both of them at full volume and top speed as Jon tried to defend himself and the troubled refugee here in his room. Long story short, Ann was snatched by a wrist like a harpy and bullied out of the house, Jon came running after her through a side door within minutes after grabbing up the bare minimum like shoes and Ann's dropped cell phone.

"This way. So I don't just get picked up by car." Instead of heading for the road, he cut a diagonal through the back yard and in between houses to the other street behind. Crossed that road and kept going in the same diagonal trespass. "Needless to say, it was psychotic of me to have a girl in my room overnight," he said bitterly. "But that wasn't the problem, though. She was refusing to let me stay with you while you talked to the police and got your next safe home, your parents' house or otherwise. Mother wanted to kick you to your own devices and send me to school as usual. You asked about staying there during the day, but even though I figured that was impossible and we hadn't figured anything out yet about that, I wouldn't have gone to school without figuring out someplace safe for you to be, Ann." Which brought him to the present, didn't it. Leading the way hand in hand as a pair of refugees now, one step at a time.

Ann Gasped as she saw his lovely but very angry at the moment mother. She whinced when she grabbed her brusied wrist and dragged her out of the house, pushing her violently out on the sidewalk. Ann couldn't understand a word that she was saying. When Jon came and took her by her hand and led her through the back yard she wondered where he was taking her. "W-where are we going??" She asked while trying to keep up with him.

The teen sighed. "First, to an ATM before my debit card gets shut off. I doubt either Mother or Father has thought of that or is contacting the bank at their first call, but that's the most important. After that, it's all about getting you back in order, Ann." Jon didn't even realize the contradiction. If he really believed Ann's parents would listen to her tragic story and reconsider letting her come home without crazy arranged marriage schemes, why was he planning ahead as if they would both be on their own?

As soon as their brief path let out onto a more businesslike road, Jon pointed to the first general store and gas station. He spied around for the family car flying around the corner, then went to the electronic machine on the outside wall. "Even though you're reporting a crime, we're also minors and likely to be picked up when we come forward. Why don't you talk to your parents first and try to arrange the best reception you can, rather than starting with the police without knowing what comes after?" he said reasonably. Then Jon took a step back from the situation. Funny how he could be in lunatic panic and cool-as-exam-day-logical at the same time. Maybe some day all these tumbling, rattling pieces would make sense.

She grasped his hand tighter as if she was holding on for dear life. "I don't even know if my parents are home. Plus I don't think they'll be very happy to see me." She looked down at the pavement and sighed." They'll probably say they never want to see me again."

She glanced up at his face. It was calm and looked as though he was unfrazzled by what happened less than five minutes ago. She shivered and stayed close to him. "M-maybe I could talk to the librarian about spending the night at the library. Tell her i need to study for a big test all night. Or something of the sort." She tried to think of things to say to the kind and caring older woman.

"Night is the easy part. Hotel, I can cover us the way I would have last night." Transaction complete with the maximum amount, Jon carefully checked the bills themselves, tucked them into different sections of his wallet so no shopper would see the entire amount at any one purchase, and mentally calculated how many days of leeway based on what he figured paying. "Ann. You're way too precious for them not too. Even the arranged marriage might have been desperation from them, trying to save you from all of THIS," he smiled at their pathetic situation.

"You've got their work numbers programmed too, right? Don't be afraid and just see, Ann. That's step number one of our plan, and everything else will fall into place around that." Yep. All this worry and bewilderment of hers was having an effect, putting that logical brain to use, and turning the rules-and-order teen into leadership by default and necessity.

"Oh ok." She sighed. "I guess you're right." She dug out her cell and flipped throught the numbers until she found her father's work number. Her father would be more than happy for her to be back. He was devastated when Ann left because of what her mother said. Little did Ann know that her father had gone out looking for her. Finally the call reached his extention. "Daddy.. It's Ann." She had to pull the phone away from her ear to save herself from being deafened. Her father was almost shouting into the receiver. "Daddy! Calm down! Yes, I am fine. No, I'm not in jail. NO, I am NOT pregnant." She rolled her eyes as he asked many ridiculous questions.

When he finally stopped she started" Daddy. I need to confess to you." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. " Daddy, Austin has been beating me." She had to do as she did earlier and pull the phone away from her head. "Daddy please calm down." She waited until he was silent. " Do you remember the Takahasi's? Ok. I am currently with their son, Jonann. We are at the gas station by the QuickClean drycleaners." She looked at Jon and held his hand. " 15 minutes? Ok. See you soon Dad. I love you too." She sighed when she hung up the phone. "He is on his way. He said he would take us to my house and get everything settled. He has a friend on the police force who is pretty familar with Austin's behavior." She smiled as he wrapped one arm around her slim waist.

"Holy... so that's all it takes," Johann gasped. It took a last second literal bite of his tongue that almost drew blood to hold back the revelation that Ann had gone through so much pain from Austin when she'd had a haven all along. He hugged her slim waist and patted her side reassuringly. And then he gave a doubletake. "'Us?' He's letting me come too? I would love to see with my own eyes that you're delivered just fine, and be steady for you while you tell him all about it."

She giggled lightly and leaned against him. "If I had called my mom I would have gotten hell from her. She wouldn't have even given me time to tell her. My father is a more understanding man. He truely loves me." She smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, US, and I'm sure he'll make lunch too. He probably thinks I haven't eaten in months. So I hope you have a good appetite." She could remember the amazing and delectable food. Steaks, Calamari, Crab, Shrimp and her favorite Lobster. She heard her stomach grumble again and laughed.

Moments later her father's black Volvo pulled up and her father stepped out and slowly walked to her and hugged her gently, as if she was made of porcelain. "Daddy, this is Jonann Takahasi. You could say he saved me from Austin. Jon, this is my father William Thorn." The males shook hands and after a moment of small talk they all climbed in the Volvo and headed toward Ann's old home. When they arrived the house looked just as it did when she left, except for the fact that all the pictures of her had been taken down and the christmas tree had been put up with black and red decorations instead of the mix-matched ones and custom ones made when Ann and her older brother were younger.

Johann took in the blackness with misgivings. Christmas wasn't the same for him as he'd crossed countries at the end of childhood, but he'd never seen black. Also, the fact that there were pictures of who were obviously Mr and Mrs Thorn plus a male child and teen cried out Ann's absence. Frankly the place felt haunted. A rational mind might not come to that conclusion but if there was a soul in these materialistic items the way there was a soul in notes of music, the classical student felt apprehension like a curse impending.

"I am having my own trouble at home recently too, sir," Takahashi treaded very carefully. "I want to bring a resolution to my own disagreement from this morning. I really do believe it's important for the whole family to work together in harmony," he hinted to the elder.

She followed her father into the large kitchen that looked more like one of a five star resutrant not one in a large home. He began making rice and sweet and sour chicken. One of Ann's favorites. She and Jon sat at the monsterous dining room table that could (if needed) seat twenty people. The large glass chandelier glistened and shined in magnificent glory. Ann looked around and circled the rim of the pearl inlaided plates. She looked up at Jon. "It'll be a few minutes before lunch is ready. Would you like to have a tour?" She asked standing and walking to him, and offering her hand.

"That would be most delightful, thank you." Jon answered uncertainly. Then courtly manners were back in place, reinforced by the opulent surroundings. "You have a magnificent home, miss Thorn. Thank you for the tour. Please neglect to introduce me to your room," he snuck in that last remark in a more informal tone with a wink, free enough to crack a private joke between them about the last time a male and female had been in a minor's bedroom under the same roof as a family figure.

((Congratulations for the 100th post coming up. A lot has happened in a short time! ))

She giggled "It's no problem Mr. Takahasi." She put emphasis on his name. She slowly lead him through the monsterous mansion. She first took him to the living room wth its top of the line furnishings and luxurious decorations. The large marble fireplace was lit by a large and raging fire. She saw her two cats laying on thier plush blanket in front of it. She rushed over and knelt and stroked both who perked up immediatly after seeing the angelic girl. "Calypso! Moo! I missed you two!" She laughed and smiled and played with the two now hyper cats.