Transform me, save me (( SS and Fliris ))

Johann basked in the private concert. Glancing around, he moved to the end of their current aisle to take peeks at the people around them. Though no one approached their lane, heads turned and people who had come with company instead of single whispered to each other. Without speaking to Ann so she wouldn't have to interrupt her music to respond, the Asian teen nudged her side and gestured to the light batch of attention granted her way. "These people probably can't tell high art from a soda pop commercial, but you make them so HAPPY..." A little girl with picture books clutched under one arm went skipping by, even.

She stopped singing for a moment to reply. "I have been told many times my voice soothes and lifts the spirit of those around me." She smiles and notices she has shelved all the books. "Well is there anything you need for your classes that I can help you with?" She grasps his hand and leads him to her "Office", more like a cubicle. She sat in the outdated and squeaky rolling chair and pulled one up for him.

"It's so nice of you to volunteer," Johann said softly. "And here I thought keeping you company meant helping you with your own duties..." The teen picked his brain, figuring how important it was to keep Ann on a pleasant track after that dire news she revealed. Let alone keep their time together enjoyable, memorable, with a craving for more... "Well, just one in which my A streak might be at risk. The influence of the classical masters upon modern themes. Modern is a weak spot, irrelevant, you see." He shrugged sheepishly, with the self-critical smile drawing attention from the sweat drop at his temple.

(( Dance Dance Revolution, song "V", a remix of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons: Winter". One of my favorite songs irl. Since you brought up the topic of school studies... *grin* If that's a fun topic to teach Johann, go ahead.
If you want, listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o-TUwTafgQ for your own delight especially 0:25 onwards. ))

"The influence of classical masters has been the basis for all music. Even in todays society classical music is prevalent. Not only in classical but I've even found hints of it in dupstep and techno music." She smiles and lightly taps a tune with her boots on the old roughly carpeted floor. She looked up into his eyes. "So, what time do you need to be home? I don't want to keep you away and get you into trouble." She dreaded the thought of going back to the apartment, where Austin was probably recovering from a nasty hangover from the night before. Ann pulled the sleeve of her black sweater up to inspect the now black and purple bruise on her forearm from where Austin and grabed her roughly to throw her on the bed and force her into having rough, painful, abusive sex. She could remember all the bruises that covered her body those that she couldn't hide with clothing she covered with make-up.

The student withdrew a stray pen and post-it from the cubicle "office" and made a note for himself concerning the two unfamiliar terms, most likely a jackpot shortcut through the problematic paper.
"The time I needed to be home was one hour before you found me on the sidewalk like a lost pup--" he started, but then his words faltered and his mouth went dry at the sight of that livid black and purple souvenir from the last beating. "Ann. I know what you SAID, but I still couldn't imagine it was as terrible as THIS--" he gulped, grasping her wrist and holding tight whether the blonde girl had any intention of letting him or not. "There's no way you're walking back in like this is nothing, we're figuring out a plan TONIGHT." Heart pounding, Johann released the delicate, battered wrist, pulled out his cell and started dialing.

She watched him scribble down something on a post it note. Then she almost flinched when he went to grab her bruised arm. She let him examine it closely. She saw him dail a number on his cell and tried to interrupt him. "W-wait! I-if I don't go home Austin will go looking for me and God only knows what he'll do then" Even though she thought her words would have an effect the handsome boy basicly ignored her. She moved closer to him. Looking into his dark brown eyes.

Johann Sebastian paused his dialing to meet Ann's soulful and heartbreaking gaze. He swallowed drily. "What's already happening is completely unacceptable. I can only imagine how any of this begun, that you fight so hard for the privilege of running back to that nest of hornets." The youth held his hands out, palms up, without trying to grasp Ann by force again. "Unless he's psychic or a god from the Pantheon, Austin is not finding you, you have my word."

She couldn't hold it back anymore she let her small hands slide into his and she broke down into tears. She leaned her head agaisnt his warm chest where she could hear his strong heart pounding against his ribcage. She slowly stopped crying and looked up and wiped away some stray tears and asked "B-but where can I go? " She hiccupes and giggles lightly and grasps his warm hands again.

Johann glanced around, self-conscious in the small cubicle; in his upbringing emotions rarely had a place even at home let alone in public, and more than fifteen years of permeating oppressive atmosphere did not budge overnight. Then he tentatively reached his arms around Ann's back like touching a hollow egg shell or delicate sand castle, then settled his embrace in certainty and stroked her hair. "Even if my home doesn't work out, I'm setting you up for a hotel. That's tonight. What happens tomorrow night is something we can figure out tomorrow," he reassured. Then he startled against her in a vibration that jolted from brow to foot soles. "Er, that is to say, not 'WITH ME' in my house or 'WITH YOU' in a hotel, ulp-"

Light hued cheeks reddened to cherries, and if the live boy were animated his hair would be standing on end in shock for the suggestive rather than noble thing he'd offered. "Ann, really, I'm not trying to take you to - oh, <nuisance>[nuisance]," he swore in the Japanese he'd picked up at home.</nuisance>

She giggles and holds his hand in both of hers "I understand Johann." She smiles sweetly and says " While you get the hotel reservation done I will start to close up shop here. " She asks the remaining guests to leave and locks the door turning off all the lights and straightening a few astray chairs. 'And to think I've only just met this wonderful boy, well man today.' She thought to her self.

The young Mr. Takahashi attempted reaching the home estate first. Snatches of conversation certainly said a mouthful about the state of the attitudes over there. "Yes, I know I dodged my afternoon appointments. All of them. Yes, I know I'm obligated and ungrateful."
"I agree about my lack of discipline and the steps you laid out to correct that. However listen, what I'm about to tell you is bigger than one day..."
"But the only choice left is social services then..."
"Well even if that's true wouldn't that be good for, say, publicity? Public interest piece in the newspaper and web? Networking with this truly glittering rising star? Priceless story to tell for college application interviews, music magazine interviews after the career is launched?"
And last of all, an utterly flat "I SEE."

Johann Sebastian closed the phone softly, head hanging down so that his well-groomed hair hung over his eyes. "Ann. I just realized your name is actually Annoliese but you didn't correct me earlier. Do you actually prefer the short version?" The change of topic seemed to have nothing to do with the hopeless aftermath of the conversation that just happened. "...Because I think I want to be 'Jon' for a while."

"Yes, I feel Annoliese is much too formal," she replied walking over to him. " Well Jon, where are we off to now?" She grabbed her jacket which she had left at her cubicle the day before and slipped it on, and she grabbed her purse. She grasped his hand and they walked to the front door locked it and stood just a few feet away. She waited patiently for his response.

Johann - JON - left the library obediently, shivering once again in the chill. His gaze focused on the emblem from his academy blazer, back in place upon his torso now that Ann had her own coat.

His thoughts were molasses in a microwave, sluggish and going nowhere but bubbling at the same time. "They won't help, they say there's no point, nothing to gain by associating with someone else's disgrace," he mouthed silently to himself, not daring to speak the words aloud for the lovely innocent miss to hear. His own loved ones, he knew that was what they'd believed at times, and until now it had all made sense. With no outside perspective, he used to agree.

"When I said I'd set you up with a hotel..." Jon began slowly. He tilted his head back to watch the skies and city lights, struggling for some Sign From Above. Real life did not have instructions like 'Fill in the bubbles with complete circles using your #2 pencils.' Real life did not have sheet music telling him what to do correctly. Real life was an instrument with no guides to follow.

"...I don't feel right leaving you by yourself. And I'm not ready to disappear from home if it means passing the first night bringing absolutely nothing with me." Jon gave the hand he was holding a warm, reassuring squeeze. The 'proper' young man turned slightly and cupped Ann's chin, tenderly, to steady her. With only the foggiest notion what he was doing he still wanted to capture her with his eyes, be her knight. "Come to the Takahashi house, Ann. Get a hot homecooked meal and a cozy bed, and one thing for sure is Austin's miles away."

She watched as he looked up into to the darkening skies and followed suit. The dark sky was already filled with twinkling stars. She felt him squeeze her hand and turn to cup her chin. The normally confident girl blushed as red as a beet. Her heart was racing. His eyes were so kind and caring,and intoxicating. When he said 'Come to the Takahashi house' she nearly fainted. She pulled him to her and hugged him, burying her face into his chest. She could smell the exspensive laundry detergent. She looked up into his eyes again and smiled. Her smile was so white it put the stars to shame. "Ok. But how are we going to get there? I don't have a car and the last city bus passed 15 mintues ago." She stayed close to his warm body.

At that embrace, the male teen felt unexpected warmth like a marshmallow beside a camp fire throughout his skin and core despite the crisp night chill. His breath caught in his throat with that smile. Regaining some shred of composure, Jon edged to the border between sidewalk and asphalt. "If I could cover a hotel, a cab is no problem. But, did it happen bit by bit or all of a sudden?" he whispered. And just before the girl might as "Did what happen?" Jon filled in, "When you realized you were this stunning."

A yellow taxi pulled up, but just as Johann pulled the door open, he raised one hand. "The thing is, you should know that from my parents' culture, not getting involved is the correct and polite thing to do. You've been brave for so very long, so you can handle a little sneaking in and out. Right, 'Juliet'?" Not only was it obnoxious that Ann's own family were coming up with bizarre betrothals, his own Shakespearean 'Capulet or Montegue' was acting just as reprehensibly.

"Ok" She smiles again and then blushes from his compliment. "I've only been told. I've never believed it." She replied giggling. She nodded her head and climbed in the cab. "I've climbed the side of a building once or twice." She says winking.

"Where will I sleep? How will your parents not know that I'm there?" She pondered the thought and hoped his plan would work. 'This boy. Is unlike any other I've ever encountered." She moved closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder and held his warm hand.

"How do they even know I'm there except when they're supervising me in order to criticize," Jon retorted gently. "Ha, compared to climbing a building this is nothing. It's almost easy, just slip around the side and into the open, lit window and then stay put. I'll bring a dinner plate, bathroom is nearby, and comfortable bed clothes-" The inexperienced boy blushed. "I know, you don't have anything for tonight or tomorrow. What's loaned might fit weird but I assure you it'll be clean. As for where, the guest room also has my father's book shelves, so there's always the chance he might walk in there... but stay with me in mine and-" Jon faltered. His breath went out in one long sigh. "You're going through all this terrible stress already, and even though no one will raise a hand to you, I'm making life incredibly weirder for you, aren't I?"

She giggles "Ok that should be simple enough." She smiles. "As for the clothes anything will do." She blushed when he said that she would be staying with him. "You are being so much kinder than you have to be. I am grateful for everything already." She squeezed his hand once more and pulled her black hood up and snuck around the side of the large masion. She easily found the lit window and waited for it to be lifted. She silently climbed inside and quietly closed the window. Jon's room was relatively plain. The furnishings still top of the line but simple. She pulled the shades down and took off her hood. She looked around and quietly whispered "Jon! " She saw a tshirt and sweatpants had been laid out on his king sized bed. She slipped off her shoes quietly and snuck down the hall to change and returned to the room and sat the deck in the plush leather chair.

Jon returned and knocked softly to his own door some minutes later, then entered with arms laden with a tray containing a steaming tupperware of rice, mixed vegetables, and soy/saki/mirin chicken; a jar of peanut butter and sleeve of crackers, silverware and napkins, and two glasses of milk. "Hi. You look like you're on a twelve hour vacation from EVERYTHING, the world of education and songs, the world of people drama, all of it. Did you have any trouble boosting up to the window?"

Indeed, the room provided might well have been a guest bedroom as well - so few touches of personality were encouraged that the high class chamber might as well have been a hotel room belonging to anyone and no one. Jon delivered the better meal to the lady, sat on the edge of the bed with the roll of crackers and peanut butter. Not only was Ann facing trouble, and a lady, she was also now his guest. Best of everything went to her, and it was his duty to make do, and he wouldn't have it any other way. "You're really brave. I couldn't imagine going away with nothing, I couldn't bring myself to do it tonight. Maybe when Austin's at work would be a good time to go into the shared apartment and retrieve what's there," he said gently. As much as he wanted to avoid all thinking tonight, they'd have to talk about the morning at least so she'd know what to expect when the next day came all too soon.

She heard him knock and said "Jon?. He opened the door with a tray full of delicous looking food and two glasses of milk. She giggled from his comment about her looking very relaxed. "No it was no trouble at all. It was an easy maneuver." She smiled and picked up the silver chopsticks and began eating the warm rice with the suculent chicken. She ate a bite and made a noise of approval. "Mmm! This is so delicous!" She ate the rest and drank the milk."I know I am. You have to be brave to stand in front of over a thousand people and sing an almost impossible song for a panel of judges. Yes. Well will go tomorrow." She smiled.