Tied to a minor chord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glancing up she smiled broadly "Thanks, I'm trying, but look...what did I do wrong on this one?" She points to a triangle where the legs fail to connect.

"Aaahhh, these ones, well first off the hypotenuse is way too big and if you pull it closer to the leg that doesn't connect it should connect."

"Oh yikes, that easy? Maybe I was eating candy on that one, want some?" She asked discretely offering the open bag.

"I should know better than eating in the library, since I work here, but candy isn't really that bad, chips are awful." She shared while erasing and redrawing. The next section she needed prompting after getting stuck half way through, but he helped her. "The study guide gets passed out on Friday, is there any chance you are free at some point weekend to help me with it?"

"You think I actually have a social life outside of teaching you ... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!" He hushes himself immediately. "That is funny....Yeah i could help you over the weekend."

If she hadn't been so surprised by his outburst she would have shushed him herself. Instead she kept her head down, buried in silent homework until she was sure the critical eye of the librarian had again turned away. "Well then what...what do you usually do?" She asked quietly as the volume of the entire room had lowered, and not risen to normal levels again yet.

"Sit at home and play my ds, n64, or photoshop." He replied simply

At least she wouldn't fell like she was interrupting something major. "Do you edit pictures, or draw?" She asked curiously, math mostly forgotten

"Both, but only minorly only when i'm bored" he replied

"That makes sense, I'm sure watching someone else do math is boring too...but don't leave! I could need your help again." she went back to working

"I won't." He smiles at her and watches her do the math.

"If I divided this into two right triangles then I can use the Pythagorean theorem?" She asked, making sure her logic was sound.

"Yes you can." He sounded pleased with her work. "Much progress you are making young padawan."

For a moment she just beamed at him, unable to decide if improving or his reference was more delightful. "Strong I will grow, but help me you must. Does...does it matter which leg is a or b?" She couldn't keep up the pattern of speech, but it was fun while it lasted.

"Matters, it does not." He chuckled to himself

'I should have asked that sooner and prevented all kinds of problems.' She thought, finishing the last problem. "Grateful I am."

"Finish, we must. Hungry, I am" He said trying not to sound rude.

"Completed it is, to food let us go. Eaten you have not?" She hadn't thought it rude at all, especially when talking like Yoda.

"Eaten, I have not...hmmmmm where would you like to eat." He looked stumped because he couldn't figure out how to put that last part into Yoda speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.