Tied to a minor chord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genoa, a large coffee shop, was situated on the corner of a row of business, and always seemed busy, but never full. One section had plush chairs, low tables and even booths for seating while the other half was full of barstool height chairs around various sizes of round or rectangular tables. The Italian decor was pleasant and not overbearing.

Megan stood at a table with homework in her backpack and a camera in hand. She was accompanied by one younger sister and the friend she would be leaving with shortly, but for now the two of them giggled incessantly. Megan shifted her weight from foot to foot, waiting for Will and hoping he would be flexible, letting her finish the project with the girls first.

Will arrives at the coffee shop, buys a coffee and walks over to the table. "Hey. What's up?" He sipped on the coffee instantly pulling away as it was still hot. "Hot hot hot hot hot."

Grimacing for him, Megan whispered "You okay?" before she began making introductions to the girls, who were on the brink of being ridiculous as the caffeine took over. "This is my friend Will, this is my sister Katie and her friend Ally." She gestured at each one in turn, before focusing on Will. "They have been making a music video and were hoping to finish before her mom comes. Do you mind? It will probably only be 10 minutes."

"Pleased to meet you." He gave a slight bow. "And No, its fine take all the time you need."

Delighted, the girls made for the door to head outside. "You can come if you want, I don't mean to just leave you." Megan invited.

"Well...I guess ill go." He didn't want to intrude or cause distractions but he went trying to avoid being a bother to them.

A grand cement staircase on the side of the hill was only a block away. The younger girls ran almost half way up leaving Megan to film from the base. Katie set her phone out of the shot and hit play. They had choreographed it themselves and though a far cry from being professional they clearly enjoyed themselves.

After successfully filming the opening the two raced back to the base requesting closeups of their footwork up an down the steps in time with the music. Katie shot a nervous glance at the impressive high school guy and whispered in her sister's ear. Megan shook her head, "Didn't you see him burn his tongue earlier? He won't judge if you mess up. Go, we need to get this done. I still have to get help with math." She insisted, giving her sister an encouraging push back towards the stairs. It seemed to help, Katie gave a small smile before taking her place again.

Playing the song yet again Megan focused on their feet, but they could not quite keep pace. The stairs were wider than the flight they had used in practice, it made their movements look sloppy. "Hey Will, any marching band advice? Or should they dance half time and I just speed it up for the video?" She called, very glad someone else was here to bounce ideas off of, if not offer experienced advice.

He was sipping on his coffee which had cooled down a bit by this time, and was intently watching their footsteps and had seen Katie stumble a bit. "I see what's wrong have them retry and watch Katie's footsteps if it isn't fixed do you mind if I help fix it?" He had always tried to be a master of the art of foot stepping and had a keen eye for faults in stepping and dancing.

"Please help, that would be wonderful." She told him before directing the girls on the other side of the camera "Start it over Katie, go again." She watched her sister's footsteps seeing the awkward steps and stumble but not knowing how to correct them. Crouched on the ground, camera in hand she looked up at Will. "Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, You're our only hope."

Katie burst out laughing at her sister, finding it impossible to be apprehensive around this guy after that.

"No worries. I got this in the bag." He dances through the routine showing her how to dance the routine better than before."Aaaannnd that should be good. Try one more time and you will be golden...metaphorically that is."

Katie and Ally paid close attention to the training; Megan wished she had thought to record him too. With even more flair than before, the girls took on the dance performing beautifully. "Nicely done!" Megan crooned, quite proud of their work.

"That was awesome!" Katie cried, and Ally heartily agreed, thanking Will for teaching them.

"It was nothing at all." He walks back down to Megan, turns around, and gives them a band salute.

They saluted back, though without really knowing the proper form. "One more time, final take" Megan called up to the ecstatic pair. Katie hit play and they danced up and down the staircase, finishing just after Ally's mom pulled up to take them home.
The younger girls climbed into the car, talking over one another to retell the details of the day. They rolled down the window to wave and scream goodbyes to both Megan and Will a they were whisked away. Megan couldn't stop smiling at the fun they'd created.

Will had been so caught up in the day he almost foegot why he was here but then remembered the math tutor session. "Ready to get started?" He held the door open for her.

"Thank you. Yes I suppose we should do some math, that is what we came for originally." She agreed, passing through ahead of him. They found a table and set to work on the beast of a study guide.

"Do you want a coffee? Ill buy it." He had offered feeling guilty about the coffee earlier.

"I can get it, I held off before, hoping to get the filming done before this." She responded, taping her eraser against the page. She thought she should be paying for him, he was the one doing the tutoring, and so far, all for free.

"Well....if you say so..." He had started feeling his tongue becoming numb because of the burn but he wondered why it took this long to feel it

Megan bought a delicious coffee and set it aside, remembering it was very hot based on Will's earlier experience. "Alright, so these ones are basic subtraction to find angles right?" She pointed to the first few, hoping they were really as simple as they seemed.

"Exactly...this study guide doesnt look that bad." He had flipped through the pages looking at the problems and it all was easy. "It's all easy dont worry."

Status
Not open for further replies.